Third Party Tools / Weapon Welder-next version

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2017 11:19 Edited at: 14th Jul 2017 12:09
*** UPDATE ***
***14Jul2017 -- new exporter program being implemented. This will allow the user to export out as .X (and later other formats). This works with animated skinned meshes and static objects. Reason for doing this is to allow user to be able to edit a human readable .X file and for me to be able to programatically change the "texturefilename = " parameters if they are incorrect e.g. .TGA ->.DDS if only the .DDS files exist.
The exporter will be added to the other tools where required and will later support other formats (or that's the intention at least)

Looks like the old thread is now locked.
Anyway, looking to make more updates to this tool, so if anyone that uses it wants to see anything that they wished it could do let me know
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2017 12:55
The more you can do with this tool the better,something I would like to do is import our own weapons and get them G G ready.there is no simple options for playing with weapons at the moment . Not a easy task i no .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2017 13:01
@Granada, thanks for your response. Do you mean non-FPSC weapons? If you meant your own custom weapons, I would need a basic example to work/test with. Any further info/help you can provide me with would really help me loads.

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2017 13:14
Ok,I will sort something out.on my phone again at the moment.it could be using the GG hud rig and matching our own weapon modelsto it,that sort of thing ime not realy a expert on this sort of thing .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2017 13:25
ok, yes I think your right, getting the GameGuru framework and getting the models/specs to fit the GG framework is the way forward. I've learnt loads since creating these tools and have figured out better ways of processing stuff.

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2017 13:42
Sounds ok to me,might be the simpler way to go.have a little play and see how you get on.we can work something out from there

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2017 08:05 Edited at: 16th Jun 2017 19:10
For next release of the program v2.0, here is a list of things to do:

1. [ONGOING] Fix any outstanding issues.
2. GUI overhaul so all operations can be done in one window.
3. Allow user to select multiple pickup files.
4. Remove the horrible question prompts.
5. Allow user to select default iron sights to be used initially.
6. Allow user to select output paths.
7. Allow user to assign character weapons/melee.
8. Multi/single file batch processing e.g. FPE/Gunspec.
9. Model the specs on GameGuru template rather than FPSC.
10. Use my new exporter code (DBO->X) to convert from binary .X to ASCII and programatically edit the texturefilename that are incorrect e.g. .tga->.dds
11. Add code to detect if tool running as administrator, if not attempt to elevate or prompt user to rerun program as admin.
12. [DONE] remove existing HUD.dbo file for the converted weapon
13. [DONE] add the commented out lines back in
99. Optimisation of code (ongoing)

If anyone can think of anything that they would like to see that isn't on the above list, please shout
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2017 12:35
I think that is a pretty good list.
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.Intel core i5-2300cpu @2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM 16 gb G-Skill G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory

World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Development
Posted: 4th Jun 2017 01:13
If this is used to put weapons in characters hands, then it would be great if you could add melee weapons as well as guns.

Mike
YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!

www.world-class-multimedia.com

For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2017 12:06 Edited at: 4th Jun 2017 12:08
@World Class Multimedia- I will certainly add to my list and see what possibilities can be opened up. Definitely would like to add batch processing of multi/single FPE/Gunspec files etc. So you could select multiple characters that wanted to apply modifications to in one go. Not sure if that made any sense, but there are ideas in my head floating around as usual.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 16:22
Additional info:

After successful configuration of install paths, the program generates a weapon_welder.ini file in your root hard drive folder e.g. C:\weapon_welder.ini
This can be edited should you change your FPSC/GG install paths or if you want to start the configuration process off again you can delete the file and rerun the program and you can then choose the FPSC/GG paths again.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2017 06:53
Found some issues last night with some new commands being compressed when converting ErrantAI fantasy weapons. So will make updates to the program today.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2017 07:42 Edited at: 16th Jun 2017 08:14
you may find the commands below in some of the gunspecs compressed and need spaces. e.g. for the ErrantAI fantasy pack. I have now fixed this in the program, but you can manually edit the spec for now until I release fixed version:

start fire 2
end fire 2
start fire 3
end fire 3
dual_start fire 2
dual_end fire 2
dual_start fire 3
dual_end fire 3
dual_automatic fire

I will probably rewrite some of my code so that it does'nt compress the commands, but originally found it was the easiest way at the time.
The joy of coding

[update-also fixes an issue where DBO files were being copied over from FPSC stopping the entities from showing in GG e.g. ErrantAI HBAR pickup entity]
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2017 13:51
You can omit anything with the dual_prefix. Start/End Fire 2/3 are still valid in GG.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2017 14:03
@ErrantAI-many thanks for the info, I will exclude from my program.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2017 19:11
I've added back the commented out lines for better readability and there are some weapons that have commented out animations and other parameters that can be useful.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2017 08:55
change code this morning so that the command parameters are no longer compressed. so there sould be no more issues with parameters that have spaces between them...phew...knew I had to change that and now can remove a ton of code that is no longer needed. Onwards and upwards. Started to get some ideas for new GUI for v2.0 of WW. I am also considering a basic weapon creator tool, but need to see how involved that will be. My guess is very
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2017 11:00
Quote: "I am also considering a basic weapon creator tool, but need to see how involved that will be. My guess is very "

Now that sounds interesting .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 08:15 Edited at: 20th Jun 2017 08:22
@granada, yes it will most likely be very challenging but that's a good thing. Not sure how it's all going to work yet, but I will hopefully figure it out.

Applied more fixes today for the next small release (not 2.0). Found a few issues while fixing and want to add a tweak so that when selecting the ammo/weapon pickups, the folder dialogue opens at the last selected folder. In version 2.0, it will be very different as there will be a GUI in place.
The issues found are always to do with FPE/Gunspec e.g. spaces in between file names and folders (ugh!!!). Still the program will detect if anything has been modified and only output the modifed version and if nothing has been changed then it outputs the original values (thus keeping e.g. folder/file names in their original state). e.g. model pack 5: Desert Eagle now converts correctly. So if you have any weapon HUDS not showing, this is most likely down to compressed paths/file names.
I also forgot that the program automatically adds a value of 2 to the FORWARD= parameter, but you might still need to modify it to suit your preference.
Want to get back continuing work on Auto/Seg/Entity Welder soon (so much to do on those).

Hope to release the next version of WW soon. Testing at the moment.
Enjoy the hot weather (if you're in the UK, or maybe it's hot in the US and other parts of the world too).
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 08:38
Quote: "Enjoy the hot weather (if you're in the UK, or maybe it's hot in the US and other parts of the world too)."

It was hotter in the UK than it was in California yesterday, at least Pirate Myke said it hit 100 (38) there, it hit 115 (46) in hertfordshire where i am

Did some DIY to keep cool, took a plastic storage box with a lid, cut a large and a small hole in the top, glued a pipe u-bend to the small hole, and cable tied a small fan to the big hole, then filled the box with ice and turned the fan, lovely 5 degree cool air at a fraction of the electricity cost of a real A/C, a box full of ice lasts about 5hrs before it starts blowing warm

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2017 22:29 Edited at: 20th Jun 2017 22:31
further tweaks and fixes done today. entity folders for the pickups now easier, once you select the weapon pickup, ammo pickup dialog will point tot the same folder. Tested my X converter proggy on some of the HUD.X files (some original X files are in binary form) and seem to work so far and I can edit the texturefilename fields, so hopefully no more manual converting using Fragmotion etc. I'll get the program to edit the texturefilename parameters with the correct texture file names e.g. gun_D2.tga -> gun_D2.dds. This will be done for all mesh groups (multi-textured). All fun and games but good to see it coming together more. GUI design started for WW v2.0 and getting some ideas together for the Weapon Creator program (no idea what name to call it yet-hopefully something original).

more progging tomorrow work and play and time to go swimming while this heat keeps up.

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2017 17:06
Quote: "more progging tomorrow work and play and time to go swimming while this heat keeps up"

Sound like a plan to me.the comp will be there tomorrow I'm sure .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:59:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:59:14