Product Chat / What "total LUA control of movement mechanics" means

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2017 03:00
As I am not a lua scripter, I would need some clarification as to the sorts of things that this could mean.
Could urban terror style walljumping and climbing be achieved now?
If so, would it be extremely difficult to create (I'm assuming it would but any sort of details would be nice)
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2017 10:06
Yes, and yes You can create "terror style wall jumping and climbing" can be created, but it would take some very advanced scripting and plenty of trial and error. I dare say most users who attempt it would give up from frustration. This is not a deficiency in GameGuru or any user, just a fact that when you drill deep into game development. It can get very time consuming, and you start getting neck high in R&D style experiments and prototypes. All this activity will only hint at one possible solution and may take weeks before something practical and robust is ready for use. I guess that's why GameGuru has some popularity in that these mechanics have been written for you. The May update simply opens up these 'mad symbols' to those users who don't mind the ordeal of creating new logic to this sub-system.

The bottom line is that the player mechanics are now exposed, but only if you want to script. If you are not a LUA scripter, you do not need to concern yourself too much with this feature except that the community who can script will be doing some clever things and may share some of their efforts in the future.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2017 17:55
Thank you lee! For the sake of developing a better game I'd love to throw money on the research and development of such a system. If anything I'm just wondering who else if anybody is thinking the way I am thinking, or if anyone is interested in discussing such a project.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 02:00:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 02:00:41