Product Chat / SnowBox dont work, a help

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2017 18:10

hi, I entered the snowbox, but it does not work, the snow stays still.

I checked all the files, and I see that invokes the file effectbank\reloaded\effect_animate64.fx
this file does not is present in my folder, i have only effect_animate.fx is normal ?

I miss the file? in case, someone might put it here?

My Pc Specs : Win10pro64bit /Msi z97 / i74770k / gtx1070 / 16gb ram / SSD 850Evo
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 20th Mar 2017 18:14 Edited at: 20th Mar 2017 18:16
The file should have come with the model, it's not a standard file. It should be in the zip with the snow box here:

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/212359

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
lotgd
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2017 18:55

Thanks Belidos, I have updated the files, and placed effect_animate64.fx, but no longer appears in the snow, comes invisible.

My Pc Specs : Win10pro64bit /Msi z97 / i74770k / gtx1070 / 16gb ram / SSD 850Evo
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Change the snowbox fpe settings to this ............. transparency = 3
That should sort it ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
lotgd
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2017 19:23
synchromesh thank you, work !
thank you too Belidos

OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 00:09 Edited at: 21st Mar 2017 00:16
Hi all,
Since all the shader updates, I noticed that shadows for both the Rain and Snow box are way more intense, which looks a bit weird.

To fix either:
1) turn shadows down quite a bit.
2) set fpe castshadow = -1 (this option looks better me thinks)

Reliquia....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 00:40
Quote: "To fix either:
1) turn shadows down quite a bit.
2) set fpe castshadow = -1 (this option looks better me thinks)
"

Haven't used them in quite a while, but this is good to know! Thank you!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
0Alemar0
Years of Service
User Offline
reliquia is there a file that show all fpe commands? I can't find one...
www.alemargames.com
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 06:03
Here are most of them except the new ones from the last 3 updates.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/214389

Here are the rest I have fished out of the changelog.txt file.

conerange = 400
coneheight = 53
endcollision = 0
IGNOREDEFANIM = 0

;thirdperson
jumpmodifier = 250
jumphold = 747
jumpresume = 755
jumpvaulttrim = 0

isspinetracker
Remove ISTHIRDPERSON field from Wizard FPE's as not used any more
Allowed melee action to intercept move/run so Third Person Mode can instant attack
Added 'meleerange' and meleehitangle' to FPE to control TPP melee attack metrics
Added 'meleestrikest' and 'meleestrikefn' to FPE to define 'deadly' melee anim frames
Added 'meleedamagest' and 'meleedamagefn' to FPE to define range of damage per strike
NOTE: Above commands override defaults used by stock characters that don't have them
'forceobstaclepolysize' to FPE to allow control of 'obstacle slice' resolution
fatness = 100

Added 'forceobstaclesliceheight' to FPE fields to allow AI obstacle plane height to be set
Added 'notanoccludee' to FPE so entities can be designed to never get occluded by occluder
Adjusted blood splat decal effect so only used if NO 'materialindex' specified in FPE
Added 'explodedamage' to FPE to specify the default explosion yeild of specfic entities
Added 'hoverfactor' to FPE to give hovering capability to 'flying' entities (drones)

Added 'dontfindfloor' field to FPE to initially ignore floor finder (roof pieces)
Added new special value to 'smoothangle' FPE field over 101 which 'GENERATES SMOOTH' normals
Added new 'isspinetracker' to FPE to control new spine tracker for modern character anims

Added new field to FPE called "offyoverride" which overrides Y offset to correct models

Added new field to FPE called 'endcollision' which when set to zero will disable collision of ragdolls

Added new 'zdepth' field to entity FPE file which can disable the zdepth render order (it will draw like a HUD weapon)

Added MATRIXMODE to FPE fields which adds a transform with the original model matrix per limb

Added 'noxzrotation' to FPE to deactivate XZ rotation on spraying this entity

1.112 xmas beta
* NOTE: Remember to use FULLBOUNDS=1 in your FPE if you want to detect limbs that move out of range of the original frame zero bound box

Gunspec stuff
Added 'keyframe speed' field to GUNSPEC file to allow per-weapon anim speed control
You can use 'ignorematerial = 1' in GUNSPEC file to hide the decal impact from weapons fire
Added 'usespotlighting' as field in GUNSPEC to control default as to whether projectile has dynamic spot lighting.
Added 'detectcoloff' field to GUNSPEC.TXT which will allow guns/interactive weapons to HIT entities using CollisionOff(e)
Added 'ignorematerial' field to GUNSPEC.TXT which will skip material decal impact visual and sound when bullet hits any surface
* Added new STAFF icon and ammo icon (and new HUD mode of 11 to gunspec)
Added dofdistance and dofintensity fields in GUNSPEC for DOF override
Added zoomhidecrosshair to GUNSPEC to hide crosshair when zoomed (sniper)
* Added ZOOMHOLDBREATH=16 to SETUP.INI to externally control hold breath key
* Changed zoomaccuracybreathkey to zoomaccuracybreathHOLD flag to disable breath
* Added support for ALTICON.PNG and ALTAMMO.PNG in gun folder for status panels
* Added support for DRYFIRE animation for weapons with no bullets to shoot
* Added support for Zooming without available ammo (for scoping an area)
* Added support for plrmovespeedmod, plrturnspeedmod, plrjumpspeedmod in gunspec
* plrmovespeedmod; percentile for player speed when carrying weapon with ammo
* plremptyspeedmod; percentile for player speed when carrying weapon with no ammo
* plrturnspeedmod; percentile for player turning speed when carrying weapon
* plrjumpspeedmod; percentile for player jumping height when carrying weapon
* plrreloadspeedmod; percentile for player reload speed when carrying weapon
* Added MELEE FORCE to gunspec to separately control physics force of melee hits
* Fixed MELEE DAMAGE so it overrides regular DAMAGE of the native weapon
* Added VWEAPTEX field to GUNSPEC to provide specific texture for held weapons
* STATUSPANELCODE = 0-colt,1-magnum,2-uzi,3-shotgun,4-rifle,5-rpg,6-grenade,7-bow,8-mace,9-stone,10-sword
* New STATUSPANELCODE=100 will force use of AMMO.PNG and ICON.PNG in gunfolder
* Added zoomaccuracy, zoomaccuracybreathkey, zoomaccuracybreath, zoomaccuracyheld to GUNSPEC
* zoomaccuracy; the amount of swaying the weapon makes during zoom mode
* zoomaccuracybreathkey; the keystate code the weapon detects to steady the zoom accuracy sway
* zoomaccuracybreath; the time in milliseconds the weapon can be steadied in one go
* zoomaccuracyheld; the percentage of steadiness the weapon can be held motionless
* The PUTAWAY sound effect for weapons is no longer cut short when swapping guns
* Weapon Ammo Panel now flashes red in error when weapon is jammed
* When collect weapon with ammo included, fixes double ammo for sharedammo types
* When weapon is on the last bullet, now supports LAST START FIRE + LAST FINISH FIRE
* When entering and exiting zoom with no bullets, EMPTY ZOOMTO/FROM anims now used
* When switching TO/FROM ALT weapon mode, how supports empty variants of animation
FORCEZOOMOUT no longer depends on SIMPLEZOOM value in GUNSPEC, and will force unzoom
* Full Automatic Weapons now overheat and jam in response to GUNSPEC jamming fields
* Ensured weapons that do not specify GUN texture internal or external assume GUN_D.DDS
* Fixed weapon jam logic so single shot weapons do not jam when LMB held down
* Moved MELEE KEY and SWITCHTOALT to SETUP.INI and disabled from GUNSPEC.TXT
* Muzzle Spot Flash now happens in FRONT of weapon, not at camera position
* Muzzle Spot Flash color now taking colour RGB from GUNSPEC.TXT as required
* Weapons now correctly dry fire when they run out of ammo or get jammed
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "2) set fpe castshadow = -1 (this option looks better me thinks)"

Nice one! I wasn't aware of any issue since the update with the snowbox. When I tried my Xmas game the snow was casting shadows all over the place. Could certainly looks cool if used deliberately, I can think of a few things, but in this case was better turned off. Saved me some potential work sorting that out when eventually I get back into working on the game.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2017 23:12
Hi guys, while your all talking about this... have anyone been able to solve the issues of moving the RainBox and SnowBox to display outside a building with any lua triggers instead of just Hide(e)?
This would be good to move the RainBox and SnowBox entity to another object entity so you can still see it snowing outside through a building window, etc, until you leave the build and all lua triggers reset to player. I'm sure this could be done with lua.

Maybe a job for Smallg or AmenMoses lol
Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 SLI mode, Water cooled with an old Victorian cast iron radiator and a industrial leather belt driven fan - That's what you call Steampunked.

Laptop - M17xR3

A new competition running for GG
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I did a reasonably decent job with my Xmas game getting indoor an out door sections working. I did it with my own zones, but you could probably use GG ones more easily. All I did was hide the main following snow and show others or vice versa.

Here's a simpler way to do it. I have not tested it though so you may have to add 2 zones at each point rather than just one.

Add inhouse=0 to the start of the snowbox_followplr script. This will ensure it is global.
add the following code to the same script at the end of the main loop. Remove or rem out the existing line to position the object.

Add this into your zone in the house.

Hopefully, that should work. You will want to make sure your snowbox is put down before your zone here, to ensure the inhouse variable is defined as global for both scripts to use. If the last code doesn't work, try putting the else part into a second zone outside the house.

Hopefully this will give you an idea how to do this.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-08 11:39:53
Your offset time is: 2024-07-08 11:39:53