Work In Progress / Seventh Sanctum

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 02:58 Edited at: 16th Feb 2017 08:33

The Seventh Sanctum is a realm within the mystical world of Xeithea. From around all the realm, wizards and warlocks are chosen by their kingdoms to be send to the realm in the hopes to become part of the Sanctum Genesis, an order of magical fighters combating the ever present danger of the underworld. In order to be sent, a dangerous ritual must be performed, and depending on its failure or success, an individual gets send to either the sanctum, or hell itself. Thousands of people have performed it over the past years, but the sanctum barely got new members. This meant the underworld did get their fresh faced recruits, and thus a bloody struggle began between Lucifer and the Sanctum.

Our player (Name not decided) is one of the few who actually managed to succeed in the trial, and arrived at the outer sanctum portal, instead of the Genesis headquarters. From there, he must get his bearings, find the castle, then proceed with his training.

Planned maps

Undead Plaines (Currently working on )
Sanctum Temple
Ruins of Katehl
Yarrin village
Newsham City
Ybahr Grasslands
Ybahr Outskirts
Koveph Underpass
Valley of the dead

Yes - This might seem like a lot, but prior to this thread and actual development, I had a lot of brainstorming of the overall progress, and this is as far as I got so far. This project will be a isometric (Correct term, I believe) semi top-down adventure RPG with tons of internal lore to discover and quests to achieve. Naturally, I'll probably be posting all over as i'll be learning how to lua code from scratch, and will seek out help.

I'm a long way ahead from its completion.. Like.. I barely just started and scraped the tip of the iceberg, but I'm planning to make this a fun, learning experience to broaden my GG experience, and to actually release something (Those who know me from the FPSC days - Wolf, Bugsy, mgarand) instead of having to drop it due to RL.

Some screenshots of the Undead Planes and the town, which is part of the Sanctum Temple.

PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 18:38
SICK! Well laid out thread, nice graphic, and a good amount of gameplay should make for an excellent selling point for gameguru's isometric game capabilities.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 22:47
Looking like a really good start! I'll keep my eye on this!

that bridge you seem to have whipped up in the EBE doesn't work at all tough, better replace it with a fully modeled medieval bridge or similar (lafette has some on his store page if needed)

-Wolf

Peke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2017 03:03 Edited at: 17th Feb 2017 03:03
Thanks you lot! I wasn't sure on how to present it, so I figure trying to make it look as formal as possible was the best route to go. I'll see if I can churn out a update sooner or later this weekend.

As for the bridge: I'm aware of its clunky design. Thanks for the word and the heads-up on the bridge, Wolf!
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2017 11:22
This is looking cool, i've yet to dabble in isometric, I will when we can make any controllable characters use isometric. Lots of scope for more adventures in iso I think.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:11:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:11:18