Work In Progress / Organized Crime: A Day in The Life

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 6th Feb 2017 05:09 Edited at: 7th Feb 2017 03:41
Organized Crime: A Day in The Life

Developer: Unspokenbond

Storyline: Have you ever wanted to know the truth behind what its like to be an 'Enforcer' in an Organized Crime family? Spend a day in the life as Benny the 'Enforcer' and you'll see the thruth first hand. Everything from hits, deals, and coffee runs - Benny has the Don covered. Its not all just dangerous and scary - its a whole nother level of whackadoo in this family.

Description: A game of crime, corruption, humor, and just out right plain shady business with a hint of the finer things in life. Use whatever means at your disposal to accomdate the Don's requests of you in this day in the life adventure of an Organized Crime Families 'Enforcer'

Contact: https://forum.game-guru.com/user/ae3d919065e3afc8255b2e9debc8c6e5

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2017 09:18
Great level design

I look forward to seeing more
PM
Freakon
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2017 12:25 Edited at: 6th Feb 2017 12:27
Unspokenbond, Looks very nice! Keep up the good work
UberPig
Years of Service
User Offline
Really nice environmental work and integration of outdoor spaces and enterable interiors on display here, good work. It sounds like quite the ambitious project so I hope you can tackle some of the limitations inherent in GG as far as gameplay options are concerned, but quite promising stuff.
PM
Unspokenbond
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2017 20:50
Thank you all for your time, thoughts, and interest I'm working hard daily on this project and will post updates to this page for all to see. Any constructive criticism is warmly welcomed!
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2017 00:43
I really like the concept here. seems kinda like a kingpin life of crime inspired game or something of that ilk. if done with that quality, this will be an amazing game. Right now, it's a somewhat ugly hodgepodge of models that do not fit together. You probably don't want to hear this but bear with me.

You've got rows of the exact same car, facing the same way, but in different colours. You've got 4000 polygon vehicles right next to what appears to be a pile of boxes masquerading as a towtruck. You've got nearly no shadows in the entire scene, despite the fact that it is at night. The collection of media is big enough You need to put some more time and experimentation into lightmapping, ambience, surface, fog, and at very least retexturing cartoony stuff to fit the realistic style. The scene portrayed here would appear much less amateurish if you captured a more complete tonal range with your lights and shadows.

It is impressive that on your first WIP game you're incorporating custom mixamo characters, but considering the frame rate is already that low even before you put in all the other characters you're mentioning, you might consider toning down the scope a bit, and trying to build the gameplay AS you build the level. that helps you not create a giant empty world that becomes too computationally demanding to make a game within. Depends on the computer you're aiming for being able to play the game. I aim to be able to record gameplay of my games on highest on my computer with fraps, and be able to capture 60 fps at least the majority of the time.

on a nitpicky note, I'd have rather seen 10 good screenshots of that map then a 10 minute video of you walking around talking about nearly every prop. I WOULD however like to see a video of the gameplay of this game.

Unspokenbond
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2017 01:18
Thank you Bugsy for the honest thoughts!! I seriously appreciate it a lot sir!! I'm going to take your help/ideas and hopefully grow and build from it

I really appreciate your thoughts and time a lot!!
PM
SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 7th Feb 2017 08:08 Edited at: 27th Jul 2019 14:18
Quote: "kinda like a kingpin life of crime"

That was the first thing that came to my mind!

You should definitely switch off the real time lighting and try bake the lighting. You'll get a performance boost and a better looking game. This will also assist in unifying the look of the game. Use models that have a consistent look and feel, mainly regarding the quality.

You could narrow the street in your outside area to bring the buildings closer together, it'd allow you to reduce the number of models required to occupy the scene (reduces polycount). Narrow streets with little alley ways can always be portrayed in a dark and gloomy manner, kinda like Gotham city in the old animated batman series. Think of Crime Alley:

I'm just throwing ideas out there. Take it with a pinch of salt.
Unspokenbond
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 01:54
I honestly really appreciate the ideas and help! I'm hoping to get better from it so I truly thank you!
PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Great swagger. Great custom character.
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking pretty cool actually
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Unspokenbond
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2017 02:32
Quote: "Great swagger. Great custom character."

Quote: "Looking pretty cool actually"

Thank you both with the critiques the others have voiced I'm hoping to post an update very soon with the newly done things and it's current state. I hope everyone is having a nice day!
PM
Unspokenbond
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2017 23:58
Just an FYI to anyone interested - I've been working on this title still after taking in everyones kind opinions here and hoping to post soon
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2017 18:39
Take your time! We'll be here to check it out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-18 04:56:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-18 04:56:55