Product Chat / V1.14 Update Released

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 11:48 Edited at: 1st Feb 2017 19:16
For the official news blog, you can read the summary here: https://www.game-guru.com/news-post/gameguru-v114-released

For a detailed change log, read on (deep breath):

* Improved performance of Gem World demo by reducing camera draw distance and adding fog system
* Changed vShadowTexCoord.z bias from 0.0003f to 0.00009f to fix realtime shadows (entity/static/char)
* Added missing DarkAI commands and additional help in Docs\DarkAI Documentation\*
* Added new FAQ section to main TGC site to collect and centralise all Lee answers in 2017
* Changed SAO bias from 1.2f to 1.48f to reduce artefacts in final rendering
* Added a fix to ensure all GameGuru MessageBox pop up in FRONT of IDE not behind
* Added SAVE button to EBE Entities so they can be saved to the Builders tab
* Added code to save EBE when save level, load when load level, and load EBE from Builders tab
* Increased capacity of EBE grid to handle FULL 3D volume (200x200x200 cubes)
* Reinstated FirePlayerWeapon(2) functionality
* Fixed GetAmbienceIntensity() and similar visual setting retreivers
* Optimized the EBE creation/edit step so mesh assets are created on the fly, removes delay-start
* EBE now retains editing settings from last EBE edit site, quicker productivity
* Added simple STAIRS prefab to EBE constructor so can quickly make navigatable multi-level rooms
* Added first-round of matterial and wall textures to EBE 'texturesource' folder (370MB)
* Fixed issue of ResetPosition() command not returning characters to the specified location
* Added mipmapping to EBE grid system so pixel swim has been eliminated from gadgets
* Added ability to right click on any texture within plate to choose a custom texture file
* Fixed PFB system to allow larger prefab shapes to be crafted and used (20x20x20 columns)
* Fixed issue of mouse pointer disappearing on file requesters after using free flight mode
* Added 'preservemode' to PFB system to allow wall types to gracefully add and delete
* Added system to create a border to the texture plate to allow seamless atlas textures
* Adjusted UV coordinates of textured cubes to allow sub-pixel seamless texturing
* Fixed CHURCH DOOR entity so it does not disappear for one cycle when closing
* Fixed issue of entities keeping their lightray mask after clone/instance switch
* Replaced Freaks\Elhumongo and removed Viral Outbreak\Jaws and Medusa from asset library
* Fixed issue of 'Site Switching' only works when click another EBE site - not any entity
* EBE no longer persists if start a new level whilst creating an EBE structure
* EBE no longer crashes if edit an structure after an attempt to lightmap it (F4)
* Added single stage UNDO and REDO to EBE editor for convenience of one-off mistakes
* Added Help Panel to show keyboard shortcuts for the EBE editor system
* Added improved STAIRS and new COLUMN PFB build shapes for complete basic set
* Added two built-in preserve modes for more intuitive building for new users
* Fixed issue of staircase rotation corrupting right facing constructions
* Added subtle arrow to cursor highlighter so can determine rotation direction
* Created simple TALLBUILDING to demonstrate EBE loading and possible multi-storey
* Added 9 more textures to EBE texturesource and created default Texture Plate choices
* Moved created EBE structures from inside ebebank to entitybank (ready for store selling)
* Added 'EBE Material Types.txt' to DOCS to instruct user on what the material letters mean
* Added support for assigning material references to each texture in plate
* Added support for saving and loading material information between EBE entities
* Added new G_LIGHTS_DATA constant to shader sends, use .X to gain access to light quantity
* Above constant will allow some clever shader writer to increase overall performance!
* Added code to inject EBE material choices into physics for footfall sound effects
* Added code to inject EBE material choices into geometry for bullet impact effects
* Fixed lightmapper to detect and lightmap EBE structures as regular entities
* Fixed issue of materials 16, 17 and 18 not converting to the final optimized object
* Added rest of material sounds back into load sequence (materials 4-16 were missing)
* Material choices now carry through to lightmapped version of the EBE structures
* Removed spikey sphere handle mesh from lightmapping process (editor mesh artefact)
* Added texture group references into EBE file to track which textures were used
* Unique filename generated for EBE texture arrangements so can share texture files
* Each EBE structure saved now has its own 'unique-named' texture set
* You can now switch between two different Texture Plate groups
* Fixed issue of specular settings not carrying to prebaked static entities
* Added SpecularOverride to static_basic.fx shader so specular setting can work in prebake
* When EXTRACT entity, any child entities are also extracted, moved and rotated as a group
* When pasting extracted entity group, child references are maintained
* Fixed issued with group highlighting disengaging when extract/paste process over
* Built-in functionality to save and load parent/child associations for FPM levels
* Added new field to FPE called "offyoverride" which overrides Y offset to correct models
* Added new scifi door/lift sound effects to the audiobank folder
* Added new doorautolegacy.lua script to control a door frame animation (proximity)
* Now the entity link system disables the 'findground' system for better connecting
* Added new 'GetEntityAnimationStart and GetEntityAnimationFinish' LUA commands
* Added 8 new doors with frames to entitybank\fixtures\doors folder
* Added 5 new windows with frames to entitybank\fixtures\windows folder
* Added 3 new roofs to entitybank\fixtures\roofs folder
* Updated F1 help screen to show 'L + DRAG = Link Entity' functionality
* Reset EBE editor state when start a new level
* EBE entity no longer corrupts when enter and exit the entity LOCK system
* Prevented child entities from detatching when mouse exit and enters edit area
* When PGDN EBE cursor to ground, will now reset to zero layer even if grid size > 1
* Added new ROW shape to the EBE prefab shapes to allow quicker hole punching task
* Changed preserve mode for Column so it does not respect cubes next to it
* Added special case for EBE grid size so ROW shape can match 1 cube high dimension
* Fixed issue of EBE surfaces that share materials no longer sharing texture ref
* Adjusted visual defaults of GameGuru to prefer HIGHEST and stronger color settings
* Fixed LightRay shader to accept the adjustment from the Lightray Mode slider
* Finally removed the EBE grab marker from the lightmapping blocker list
* Adjusted the EBE entity grid offset to match regular 100x100 global grid system
* Written 'forcesimpleobstacle = 3' for all EBE structures to give them better AI
* Updated Door and Window Frames to use 'forcesimpleobstacle = 3' (as above)

As usual, if you find any issues with this update, you can post them here as I will be checking this thread every day for a while to make sure V1.14 does not stomp on anything that worked perfectly in V1.133. I am also starting a patch update to include any tweaks and fixes that come from this process to ensure your projects can continue uninterupted. Expect some videos soon, and for a possible Twitch, I will announce on my Twitter feed at @leebambertgc

Here is a quick start guide to the EBE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ST1bMziIEw&feature=youtu.be
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 17:44 Edited at: 1st Feb 2017 17:47
A truly amazing update Lee. A big thank you from me. Really opens up GG now for us non-modellers. Will there be a tutorial on how the composite entities function works within the EBE.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth.
Duchenkuke
GameGuru VBOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 17:52
Great update ! Thank you very much! The EBE is so much fun to use ! I hope AI and performance updates are next

Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 8,0 GB Ram, AMD Radeon R9 270X

Youtube:
The German Music Dude: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeutscherVolker
DK Productions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIqwvScXnJL_zNYqSsfTCqA
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 17:54
Brilliant!

Could the linked entity system be made so that the linkage stays in game when running (as well as in editor) - so child attachments move with parent dynamic entities?

Cheers.

Sulman
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: OUT DOOR GAMES
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 18:18
Remarkable....
How is it Mario can smash through bricks... But he dies when he touches a turtle?
cloudwalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Wonderful, thank you very much!!!
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 21:29 Edited at: 1st Feb 2017 21:30
Looks great so far.

Just a quick note:

One of the provided textures is upside down

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 21:58
Hell of a update Lee,thank you.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 22:22
Again, outstanding

What a wonderful update.

Thanks Lee.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 22:27
I took it from my old stock art, it is designed to go high up in a room like a picture rail.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 22:31
Quote: "I took it from my old stock art, it is designed to go high up in a room like a picture rail."

It looks more like wood panelling with a dado rail and wallpaper, but upside down to me lol

Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 22:44
I've opened a thread in the competition forum, this really is inviting for a fun challenge.

Sanguis
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 23:10
Wow! I'm flashed with this update. Lee, you made a great job! Love how the EBE works.

Just one suggestion: We can save and share what we built. GameGuru is using Steam... what about using the Workshop for sharing? I think that there will be many great Buildings made by the users. Sharing them in workshop could be a nice promotion for GameGuru to SteamUwsers.

Besides from this, I had a little bug: When I open GG fresh and make a new level directly, the settings in Tab-Tab Screen are the same I used in a GG Session before. Can I reset them?
Alienware 17R3 Laptop - Win10 - 16GB Ram - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980M - Intel® Core™ i7-6820HK
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 23:25
@Belidos : Feel free to make some modifications and send me the new texture, I can add it to the texturesource folder for more user choice

seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 00:31
Great job Lee.
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.Intel core i5-2300cpu @2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM 16 gb G-Skill G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory

AMD Radeon HD 6670. ASUS Radeon HD 6670 DirectX 11 EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card. 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5
Memory Size
1GB
Nomad Soul
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 00:46
Great work Lee, this update looks awesome.
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 00:49 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2017 00:50
If you do make an EBE building that you may want to sell I'm assuming you can't put entities in from other packs (like chairs, tables, etc) and sell it as a complete package?
Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
W7 Home 64-bit, Intel i5-3330 quad-core 3.20GHz, nVidia GTX660 2Gb, 8Gb ram
m2design
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm a little late to the EBE experience but you should be very pleased with yourself... this is one the best updates in some time. Well done! The beta testers should also be given their due. I'm sure we will all find things that might need work, but the quality of the buildings we can now create is great.

Thanks boss, well done.

Windows 10,64 bit|AMD FX-6200 Six-core-3.Ghz |CPU PASSMARK 6,142 |Memory 10GB |NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660 SC |GPU PASSMARK 4,114

UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 01:18
wow
I opened it and put in my first coool EBE entity
a floor and some walls.....
set it to RUN
and its got as far as...initialising physics......and 5 minutes later
I realised it was frozen and hidden in behind was,,,,ERROR 8003
can not find path....

any ideas ????

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 01:49
Quote: "wow
I opened it and put in my first coool EBE entity
a floor and some walls.....
set it to RUN
and its got as far as...initialising physics......and 5 minutes later
I realised it was frozen and hidden in behind was,,,,ERROR 8003
can not find path....

any ideas ????

"

FIrst thing I would try is "verify integrity of application files." After that, though, I wouldn't know, sorry! It's amazing how much that one step helps, though, especially after an update. (Is it an empty level?)

On a side note, the EBE is awesome! Far better than I expected from the first beta back in August(?). I am now drowning in so many ideas. I can't even think of where to start. The addition of the EBE external assets was a huge plus (Roof, doors, windows). Onward and upward!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 01:52
@UNIRD12B : I would highly recommend backing up your entire GameGuru folder, then doing a complete reinstall (uninstall via Steam, then manually deleting the folder, then a fresh install from Steam). You can then jump into the software and if the issue persists, you can email me directly at lee@thegamecreators.com and we can walk through the issue step by step.

UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 02:28
hey yess

just verified all files.....and same thing

error 8003
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 02:32
Quote: "hey yess

just verified all files.....and same thing

error 8003"

Then do what Lee suggested! (I would ALWAYS try verifying files before a complete reinstall!) It's more work, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 02:32
Sometimes verify alone will not solve things for you, especially if some of the files have gone haywire. I would recommend the full re-install

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 02:34
V1.141 now available as a Public Preview from Steam, includes the following fixes:

* Waypoint nodes no longer being edited when in EBE mode
* Fixed crash bug caused when you place an entity then immdiately use UNDO
* Fixed issue of mouse wheel disabling when leave EBE for first time each session
* When EXTRACT performed, mouse now centers on Widget position, less chance for mess
* IDE now expands the Fixtures entitybank folder for one less click to get a door
* Changed the Fixtured subfolders to capital first letter to match entitybank
* Modified loading EBE from local entity library to create new instance in level
* NOTE: Above allows modifications to be retained on save/reload and protect saved EBE
* Now when delete EBE file from saved EBE, it turns into regular (uneditable) entity
* Corrected static_basic.fx to re-include the SpecularOverride constant (lightmap shader)
* Fixed lightmapper to no longer force meshes to flat-shading (now keeps smoothing groups)
* Added slider to control Lens Flare intensity, and adapted post process shader to suit
* When you hold down CTRL while EBE painting, it axis locks the initial direction
* Added slider to control Surface Sun Intensity (defeats sun influence for indoor scenes)
* Adjusted main surface and shadow shading to use Sun Surface Factor
* NOTE: The Surface Sun Intensity slider is experimental but can control DOT3 lighting

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Fantastic !!
Thanks Lee .... That's Xmas twice today
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Team wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 02:53 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2017 02:54
Wow thanx Lee great update the EBE is great easy and fun to use.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 03:16 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2017 03:25
WOW ... love how the waypoints are now easily visible and workable in the EBE ...
We could really do with this as default ..always on top in the main editor so it works on all assets and buildings

Panicked a little when I pressed "E" and the scroll mouse still did not work ...
Press "G" first guys to take you back to Top/Down ... Then its all back to normal

Holding CTRL whilst painting really does help ... Nice touch ..

Really struggling to find any kind of fault with this now .. Awesome !!
Considering it started as a napkin job you should be really proud of this one Lee ..

Also full Credit to Preben .... Great work on the shaders for GameGuru .. A huge difference
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 07:08
Just watched the video and toying with the EBE painting tools etc. Waypoints work great and love the way you can link frames and doors etc. Absolutely impressed with this feature, well done Lee. Hope I can produce something worth showing off once I get the hang of it

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 07:55
Have to agree with everyone else, you have done a far better job of this than i expected, it works really well, although it does make a few of the things i was planning for the store kind of redundant, but that's not a problem, i have plenty more ideas

Apart from one issue, the only things that i have problems with are 100% personal preference issues, and easily worked around, so i'm pretty happy altogether.

The one issue i have found with it is: When you link an item to an EBE structure and then extract the EBE structure to move it around, some items shift position within the EBE sructure, for example i made a small step pyramid and linked a barrel to the top, when i extracted the pyramid and moved it in grid snapping mode the barrel did move with it, but on the initial move the barrel stayed where it was placed in relation to the level for one grid square then started moving with the structure, leaving it out of place when i finally placed it again. It only happened on that initial move and only for one grid square, after that it was fine.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 09:48
@Belidos : If you can provide a step by step so I can see the 'entity shift' issue, I'd like to get that fixed before I launch V1.141 to the world. Hopefully if no more showstoppers on the new update I will move it to general release around 4PM GMT today.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 09:58
I can do a video for you, but it won't be until after 6pm tonight when i get home from work, but here's what i did.

1. I placed an area of floor tiles.
2. In the middle i placed 4 stair pieces around a single square to make a stair pyramid, with a gap in the middle
3. I added a floor piece to cover the gap
4. I then exited the EBE and placed a barrel in the center of the cover piece using the link system.
5. I then extracted the EBE structure
6. Pressed B twice to activate grid snapping
7. Moved the structure one grid to the right

At this point the barrel stayed where it was and the structure moved one grid right, after this i moved it a further grid to the right and the barrel moved with the structure albeit now in the wrong position.

MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 10:10
Quote: "* When you hold down CTRL while EBE painting, it axis locks the initial direction"

Could you also lock the cursor from moving about?
Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
W7 Home 64-bit, Intel i5-3330 quad-core 3.20GHz, nVidia GTX660 2Gb, 8Gb ram
Kalle801
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 10:46
how do i link something to a building, so its saved in it too?
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "how do i link something to a building, so its saved in it too?"

Its all explained here ...

PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 11:30
Having fun with the EBE so far, my 1st proper building, early yet. Editing some pfb files to get the wall shapes. This EBE is very very impressive, and easy to use. Outstanding work Lee, will there be a twitch broadcast about the EBE.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth.

Attachments

vrg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 11:57
Thanks Lee for the big update
0Alemar0
Years of Service
User Offline
amazing update Lee. Thank you very much!
www.alemargames.com
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Its cool , but what happened to the window and door option? Also we need some modern windows and when ya prebake glass turns solid into a texture. Also I hope Your planning on adding some cookie cutter features so we can make rounded things etc. Good start, thanks
"So let it be written; so let it be done." Account got messed up with introduction to steam. I am Jackal
Joined 2nd Dec 2009.
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 2nd Feb 2017 22:17
Lee ,, thank you very much for the update
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz RAM 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
m2design
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a new problem with 1.14.
Load any map created before 1.14
Do a test run
Click F9 (3d Edit Mode) and then click "E"
Move cursor over any entity - entity turns orange
Press LMB to move entity
The program will freeze.
If you try to exit GG the program resumes by reloading entities. The editor will appear but is inactive. Requires Task Manager.

3d Edit Mode works as it should in any map created in 1.14
Perhaps someone else could try the above to confirm.

Windows 10,64 bit|AMD FX-6200 Six-core-3.Ghz |CPU PASSMARK 6,142 |Memory 10GB |NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660 SC |GPU PASSMARK 4,114

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2017 01:07 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2017 01:09
Quote: "I have a new problem with 1.14.
Load any map created before 1.14
Do a test run
Click F9 (3d Edit Mode) and then click "E"
Move cursor over any entity - entity turns orange
Press LMB to move entity
The program will freeze.
If you try to exit GG the program resumes by reloading entities. The editor will appear but is inactive. Requires Task Manager.

3d Edit Mode works as it should in any map created in 1.14
Perhaps someone else could try the above to confirm."

Yep, does the same for me, except that last part. I was able to resume in the editor once it loaded back up. No Task Manager necessary for me.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2017 04:39
Very nice. 30 FPS increase on all my maps. Graphics are looking more polished. Going to check out the EBE.

Thank you Lee. Great job.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

volond430
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the update,but add more textures and designer of logical games.Please.
PM
volond430
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the update,but add more textures and designer of logical games.Please.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Thanks for the update,but add more textures and designer of logical games.Please."

Textures you can easily add yourself ... The AI overhaul is next before anything else ..
PM
SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2017 10:58 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2017 11:02
Im having two problems. First, when i add light to scene, which i made with EBE there are no shadows. :/ I also use F4 . But here is another problem. With entities like barrels or balls - curved surfaces in general i get this. Anyone can help?

Intel core i7- 4790s, 16gb ddr3 RAM, MSI GTX 1060 6 GB ddr5.

Attachments

PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2017 12:37 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2017 13:23
Quote: "With entities like barrels or balls - curved surfaces in general i get this. Anyone can help?
"

Somewhere around here someone just did a video tutorial on how to deal with that! I will look for the thread and if I find it I will put the link here, unless someone beats me to it. Gotta leave for work soon!

EDIT: Here ya go: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/217104
PM
m2design
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Yep, does the same for me, except that last part. I was able to resume in the editor once it loaded back up. No Task Manager necessary for me."

@ Jerry Tremble
This looks to be problem...
Any one else experience the same problem with pre 1.14 maps using the F1/E key sequence?
Is this the right place to discuss this or should I bring this problem up in a separate thread?

SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2017 11:07 Edited at: 4th Feb 2017 11:07
Jerry thx for advice .. Ill try it later. But ... it is just me or everyone else are having problems with shadows inside EBE building? Because there are no shadows at all.

Intel core i7- 4790s, 16gb ddr3 RAM, MSI GTX 1060 6 GB ddr5.

Attachments

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-05 12:42:43
Your offset time is: 2024-07-05 12:42:43