Product Chat / Getting some sort of mirror effect

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2017 21:33
hi guys
I was following shaders tutos trying to understand the complicated shadders world, I still have not got it of course, but I'm working on it.
Working on the mirror effect I have observed the following:

1- If you add the mirror effect to a model, all the models in the scene inherit / have the same mirror effect as well.
In both videos, only the glass contains such effect, notwithstanding the walls, the floor, etc., presents the mirror effect as well.

2- the mirror effact is only activated in the parts of the model exposed to the ambient light, sun / moon.

3- The objects exposed to the GG lights, do not present this effect, it does not matter if the lights are dynamic or static.

4- I only manage to reflect the shadow of the wizard, I have tried with mirrors since I want to reflect its face.

5- Something curious, the wizard reflects his shadow on the floor, but seems to be the T-pose of the char .

mirror effect test

mirror effect test1

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2017 22:09
I'm also getting a bit nearer to mirror effect....

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-05 12:20:59
Your offset time is: 2024-07-05 12:20:59