3rd Party Models/Media Chat / BAG's 2017 Terrestrial Skies Pack

Author
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 16:02
So it's been a while since I produced any new works - I decided to make some more skies in anticipation for a script piece I'm writing. They work good on their own as well though so I figured I'd release them and price them competitively. In no particular order:

https://www.tgcstore.net/pack/10902

Turquoise Sun:
A simple light blue sky and sun. Suitable for cartoons, other planets, or just a nice day.

Quiet Dusk:
I tend to make these during winter - it's a wintery dusk sky.

Opal Noon:
A remake of my failed 2016 sky that I still sell for very cheap. I think it came out very well. This time it's spot on.

Hazy Day:
In going through my literally 50 or so skies that I have (I often buy other creators skies, ironically) I didn't have a good rainy/foggy day texture that could be used in a broad range. So what you see here is a very basic hazy sky which can be used for anything from fog to snow to rain. It's suitable for pretty much any inclement weather you can throw at it.

Cold Afternoon(personal favorite):
Just a basic late evening / early morning sky with lots of good hues.

These are all available individually or as part of a pack. Pricing is pretty reasonable. One big change is reduction from 2048x2048 to 1024; I was finding in using the DDS format that it was actually making the skies look worse, even using R8G8B8 w/ mipmaps etc...
The skies are originally generated as PNG files. So it impacts them significantly in conversion and for some reason at 2048 it made them very stripey. At 1024 it's pretty close to what my PNG files looked like.

As mentioned cryptically before - these all work well with my upcoming script system which will be a separate purchase in the near-ish future (next three months?).

Thoughts/constructive criticism appreciated. Thanks.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 02:18
these are all really nice and well coloured!
Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
PLAY KSHATRIYA WETWORK
PLAY RUNNING AROUND
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 15:24
Thanks! That reminds me - I forgot to add the pack freebie. While it's not available yet, it's a brilliant orange sunset. I'll post pics once I have a few to show off and then update the thread when it's available.
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2017 19:28
The new savannah sun sky has been added as a pack-only freebie.

https://www.tgcstore.net/product/29453

Previous purchasers should be able to download this from the store now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 16:17:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 16:17:33