Product Chat / Error 8003 path:gamecore\guns\none

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I keep getting this error when I try to save my map, or try to make the map a stand-alone.

I get 2 small windows, one after the other, (1) Path cannot be found - path:gamecore\guns\none and (2) Runtime error 8003 ()

I'm not sure if it might possibly be due to some of the Fuse FBX2GG models I used as civilians with no guns.

I'm also not sure if it's my maps getting corrupted after the last 2 updates. This has happened with maps that are only 2 months old are now corrupted also.

Does anybody have any idea what this problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks for any help.

My PC specs are as follows:

OS Name - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version - 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer - Hewlett-Packard
System Model - HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF
System Type - x64-based PC
Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) - 8.00 GB
GeForce GT 710 - 1 GB

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
arfur9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2017 06:58
it looks like it can't find a folder called "none"
I think if you look in the fpe file one of the characters will have something in the line "hasweapon = "
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2017 07:38
The offending AI will have this in the FPE file:
hasweapon = none
This is not the correct syntex

Change it to

hasweapon =

Is the proper use for no weapons in the AI FPE file.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2017 15:38 Edited at: 7th Jan 2017 15:51
Thanks arfur9 and Pirate Myke...

I think your answers are basically correct, but after I fixed the line in the FPE file to read hasweapon = it still has the same error windows appear when I try to save it or make it a stand-alone.

I have noticed that if I put all these same models into a new map, there is no error, so I'm wondering if perhaps the map file may have been corrupted. I might need to rebuild the map for the 3rd time.
PM
arfur9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2017 17:07
make a folder called "none" in gamecore\guns\
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks arfur9...

I thought you were joking at first, because the answer seemed simple, but I tried it and everything works fine now.

Thanks you very much, I greatly appreciate your help.
PM
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Another strange thing that is happening is that the none folder keeps disappearing after saving the map about 5 times, or after every save-stand-alone. If I keep replacing the none folder, everything works fine.
PM
arfur9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2017 07:27
I'd imagine all the converted character files are in the user folder? I think I would do search file content for the word "none" in that folder and maybe the character folder

I've swapped settings between fpe files and added lines I'm not supposed to, its probably as simple as that but its finding it that's the problem :/
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2017 08:12 Edited at: 8th Jan 2017 08:27
GG deletes folders if there is nothing in them. Maybe just copy over a file into the None folder until you can resolve the above error. Not sure why GG would be looking for a gamecore/guns/none folder, seems very odd to me. Have you assigned a weapon to the PlayerStart marker accidentally at all with "none" if that's even possible? Maybe remove entities gradually (after making a backup) in your map until the error goes, you'll find the culprit then and can resolve the issue. If not as you said before the map might be corrupt and you will need to redo the level again Still doesn't explain the none folder being searched for though. This is all guess work but would need to look at your map to see what's going on.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Not sure why GG would be looking for a gamecore/guns/none folder"

Agreed its not a standard path for GG .. Something you have added or modified would probably have triggered this ...
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
I simply created a folder named "none" and inserted a notepad text file called "none" and it stays there and everything works fine.

In the future I will also need to make sure that my FBX2GG models that are unarmed civilians or wanderers should have the line in the FPE file to read hasweapon =

I kept putting in the word "none" and I think that is what threw it off... I actually needed to leave off the word "none".

I will make sure I get this right in the future.

Thanks all.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-03 04:06:09
Your offset time is: 2024-07-03 04:06:09