Product Chat / Things that need to be in the engine ASAP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
1)More controls over lights like strength shape_spot lights) and be able to contol them in game woth scripts or other methods
2)Importing multimaterial objects
3)importing meshes with parent constraints for example i have a car the wheells are seperate messes but they are parented to the main body and act as a single entity
4)the ability to change the properties collision etc of an entity after its been imported.
5)A way to disable sunlight
6)improve bloom performance never seen a bloom effect eating so mutch resources
7)be a able to configure animation and Ai actions through logick bricks or something
8)a simple material editing tool
9)fully Suport the .fbx format
10)more 3rd person setings like shoulder cam etc.
11)make it more friendly for importing new assets.
Its great engine overall but i think is missing some key features
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 22:12
1. Agreed.
2. Can already be done (but needs manual adjustments).
3. Can already be done, it imports all objects in a mesh automatically, as long as the mesh is saved with all objects included.
4. Can already do that (open the FPE and find the collisionmode entry, 0=box, 1=polygon, 11=none.
5. Agreed.
6. Agreed.
7. Have no idea what this is, but sounds good.
8. Not sure what you mean here, can you elaborate?
9. Agreed.
10. You can fully control the location of the third person camera already, not sure what more you want.
11. I can't see how clicking a button to import the model, then clicking a button to import the texture can be more friendly.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 00:14
Quote: "Its great engine overall but i think is missing some key features"

It is indeed. That's why Lee is hard at work (or at least will be after his holiday) finishing off that godforsaken EBE so he can get to the REAL features!

Quote: "I can't see how clicking a button to import the model, then clicking a button to import the texture can be more friendly."

Belidos, I'm guessing he wants a drag 'n' drop importer. It wouldn't be a bad thing, IMHO, but there are FAR more important things. Importing is simple enough as it is. That's just one sugary sprinkle grain on top of the icing on top of the cake that hasn't even risen yet.
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080, 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Team wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
7)Check blender game engine logic brick system.
4)what about other colission modes like for exmple a complex mesh that needs 3 or for colision boxes or cylindrical colision or set another object as colission to a high poly mesh something like the outline of the original mesh
8)When you import a model have more control over its visual atributes right now we have only the specular strength it will be good to have things sutch as type of specular adding reflection maps controling how reflective the object is and were ability to have masks.influence of etch map for example the diffuse map can influence the specular color etc.and all of these can be adjastable in game with trigers but most importand this will be saved not for some entity but as a material for example a floor. then in clolaboration with a system tha allows you to build simple meshes something like the base structure for indoors something like unreal engine has indors you selrct a face and aply you matterial.
A i also forgot a camera that you can control and make some cut scenes or something.
By the way what are the ilumination maps?somerthing like emmition maps?
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 02:36
Quote: "something like unreal engine"

Please. Just stop it. Comparisons to other engines, especially huge engines that have been around for years with teams of programmers working on them continuously is really not being realistic. These threads became tiresome a couple years ago. If you want UE4 (I also use it) or Unity, use it. Lee has gotten his ears full of "what GG needs". The voting board, for better or worse, drives the development of this engine. He will get to the end of that list, eventually.
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080, 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Team wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 04:09 Edited at: 4th Jan 2017 04:11
I am not comparing i am just proposing.Game guru and LUA is easy and with a team of 3 you can make a great game.
But these things are essensial for a game engine.Unreal engine has all these but are very compilcated all i am saying that things need to be in the engine but simple.game guru simple for example this material editor i am proposing just a simple one. To make a material UE4 it takes hours if you planing to make a game in UE4 you need a TEAM just working with materials.
i am just proposing things that will make the engine shine.And more people will join becouse they realy dont have the man power to use other engines and i am not talking about AAA stuff here just the basics.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 04:56
Quote: "I am not comparing "

Yes, you are, and everything you suggested has been advice offered ad infinitum. Just look back through the forums. You shouldn't even have to go back more than a week or so, but you can go back years. UE4 is really not very difficult, if you want to spend the time to learn it. Yes, it would take a few weeks of serious study to get a grip on it all, but that's a lot less time than waiting around here for GG to be what you think it should be. I'm just being honest. Three years from now, GG MIGHT be all those things. Do you really want to look back in 2020 and wonder?
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 06:27 Edited at: 4th Jan 2017 08:03
It is nothing but a comparison to another engine.

Another of the many that pop up here weekly. They are just a waste of bandwidth and sever space to re hash this same stuff over and over.
Place all these on the voting board, at the bottom in the add a category.

Thanks
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 10:53
Here we go again .

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Team wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok but you know this features even in they simplest form were from half life 1 engine so i think they are essensial as for UE4 as i sed you need manpower in gameguru you dont.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 13:33
It does not matter what features are in any other engine in the world. The way it works here is by the voting board. You can make as many of these threads you want. It will not get all these features added tomorrow or within the next half year.

Bombard the voting board thread with this stuff.

Thanks.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 14:00
I thought this got locked? ha
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
Mouaa
User Banned
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 14:15 Edited at: 4th Jan 2017 19:03
"Its great engine overall but i think is missing some key features"

I think you are not asking what is really needed.
What about a real particle System ,GG doesn't even have one, this should be the first feature to add, after getting faster post effects.
If you need more than what GG gives you , you'll get quickly more frustrated than anything else, so perhaps it is best for you to pick another 3D engine that will suit better your requirements. I don't ask GG to be Unity, but no particle system is incredible, it's one of the first feature a 3D engine gets.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 14:38
I had a change of heart. But now I am regretting it.

arfur9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 16:01 Edited at: 4th Jan 2017 16:02
If you want to hammer a nail into a wall you don't use a screw driver or complain to the manufacturer that said screwdriver needs a attachment to do what you want it to do, you pick the right tool for the job
I was a beta tester for Thea Render for years and I can never understand why if software is allegedly so bad why people don't move on, all the whining and complaining usually pushes the developer underground, it would me.
I'm on my second week with GG and you look at what can be done, ok somethings are frustrating but I don't feel misslead in any way, I'm not expecting a out of the box Tomb Raider game that's for sure

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-03 04:16:01
Your offset time is: 2024-07-03 04:16:01