Product Chat / I see Easy Building Editor is Currently under development.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone know what's going on with it? Is it possible to see a video of it on YouTube? The latest version of course.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2016 15:58
Nothing new has been posted about it except what has been on twitch for 2 videos, from a few months ago.

No new beta testing is happening at the moment on the EBE.

Things will get busy with it again after the holidays.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Things will get busy with it again after the holidays."

Hmm. Not going to hold my breath.
Julian
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
A new name on the forums! Welcome.

Regarding the EBE, it's been in dev a lot longer than many expected, but I expect you will see it fairly early this year. Honestly though, fire up Blender and spend some time trying to get into it. The EBE looks okay I suppose, but the objects you make look too blocky for my liking. Okay for interiors really more than anything else, but if you want something that looks decent your going to have to cover much of those interiors with filler objects anyway.

The EBE will have it's uses I'm quite sure. Need a simple road floor object, the EBE will manage that quite nicely. Many small things you would normally have to load up Blender or similar to make and import, will now be possible to add near instantly as long as you have textures to suit.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 14:04 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2017 14:05
The EBE may satisfy those that cannot model but only for a limited time I'm guessing .. You will want to do more ..
Even testing it to its full potential at the time I found I wanted to mix and match with my own created assets, Structures etc
As DVader says .. Learn to model ... I'm sure it will be extremely handy but by no means a modelling solution ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Sanguis
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 14:42
I still love the building system from the game called Planet Coaster.
You can look at Steam at the blueprints. All made by users, not the devs or special modellelers. Just a few pieces... so much that can be made with this.
Alienware 17R3 Laptop - Win10 - 16GB Ram - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980M - Intel® Core™ i7-6820HK
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 14:46
will take a look at planet coaster and see if I get any inspiration
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
Sanguis
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2017 17:09
This is a good Video with Basics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ9DBpf8Y3M

Of course there are many Building Pieces because it's the full version with different themings. I played the beta with only one half theming and you could do a lot with it. With a system like that, even TGC could sell DLC's with different theming pieces and modder could sell some in GG Shop.
It's the biggest feature in PlanetCoaster to build really unique things.
Alienware 17R3 Laptop - Win10 - 16GB Ram - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980M - Intel® Core™ i7-6820HK
xCept
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
That editor in PlanetCoaster is extremely cool and intuitive! Thanks for sharing.
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, AMD Phenom X6 1100T 3.60 GHz CPU (Passmark: 5934), NVIDIA Geforce GTX-680 2GB GPU (Passmark: 5712), G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) RAM
stor
Years of Service
User Offline
can i build in Planet Coaster and export to GG? I do not know Planet Coaster. Or do you know a similar program Construction of houses, trees, cars or anything else that can be exported to GG. I mean, this style of software, not like 3d blender.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 08:00
Quote: "can i build in Planet Coaster and export to GG?"

Very unlikely, Planet Coaster is a game, not a modelling program.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 08:43 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2017 08:55
When I Beta tested the EBE I saw potential for making it better by a feature that would let you easily edit the 'binary matrix' that makes up the shape of a building component. I suggested it to the devs but they didn't seem very interested. It would still be blocky but at least you would be able to customise the shapes a bit.

stor, it sounds like you, like me, are not an experienced modeller. I've tried Blender many times and just can't get to grips with it. If you want something easier I would recommend Sketchup or Millkshape 3D. I think Sketchup is free and Milkshape is very cheap.

When the EBE does finally become available you will be able to mix and match with curved entities from the entities you've made in Milkshape (or whatever). A good example is here:

And here is a demo of the Beta from back in the good old days when we weren't so much in the dark:

Now in the Dark Ages. Bring on the Enlightenment!
Julian
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 11:13 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2017 11:16
How will EBE deal with shaders? Can different walls have different types of shaders? I'm guessing if each "structure" is treated as its own entity, sort of speech, then they are only assigned one shader? I guess as long as we can include normal/spec maps were fine.

I'd like to reference the efforts in FPSCx9. Its important to note the quality we were able to produce at the time:

Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 13:14 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2017 14:06
Quote: "How will EBE deal with shaders? Can different walls have different types of shaders? I'm guessing if each "structure" is treated as its own entity, sort of speech, then they are only assigned one shader? I guess as long as we can include normal/spec maps were fine. "

At the moment you can create your own Texture sheet of 16 Textures .. at 4096x4096
After this I used OldPman's NORMALIZATOR to create the D,N,S ... So you do all 16 in one hit really..

Then Build and add your own details / assets like any other model

This was the result of a test using the EBE and mixing with other assets of course

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 14:14
Sound cool
Quote: "
At the moment you can create your own Texture sheet of 16 Textures .. at 4096x4096
After this I used OldPman's NORMALIZATOR to create the D,N,S ... So you do all 16 in one hit really.."

That's just how I have been making my single plane levels .

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I still love the building system from the game called Planet Coaster.
You can look at Steam at the blueprints. All made by users, not the devs or special modellelers. Just a few pieces... "

In honesty that is just pre-made media with lots of different textures, that snap together well and you can scale. I'ts not new by any means. Even My World can compare to it in a much less impressive way (less media, slower engine). It's nice, impressive and fast of course, although I've yet to see a game there from anything I have seen. Has anyone played it since release? Does it actually have any management aspects yet? I have zero interest in a pointless sandbox that has no purpose other than to make an imaginary park, I want goals and stuff, like the first 3 RCT games.

But yeah lots of artwork here, can't imagine why you would say it's just bits and pieces, there's entire rides! Not too mention every fitting you can imagine to make houses, several light types, wall types etc. In no way would it look as good if it had just basic cubes, spheres and other slight variations of basic shapes needed. There is a huge amount of media behind Planet Coaster, both models and textures. Yes, people probably make really cool stuff out of them, but they are models, modelled by the developer and put into the game. What people make out of them is as ever up to them. Plus, if you looked closely, as close as you would in FPS, they would look far, far less impressive. Scale can hide a lot of errors, until you get in close enough to see them.

The EBE is nothing like it, in fact normal GG placement of objects is a lot closer really, apart from Planet Coaster seems to have better snapping and a lot more speed considering the amount of objects used on occasion. I've watched a few people making some cool things, but the crazy way they built up their scenes showed they were more artistic than logical. Layer after layer of objects to represent lava , then after placing what seemed like thousands of planes, he covered virtually all of it up with some rocks! It's a good job the engine allows for it, if only GG was as fast! I was horrified at the lack of care and attention to just how much he was placing down.

The main thing that makes Planet Coaster special is the way it handles all those little lego blocks when there are so many of them all over. GG would not even get close.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 15:32 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2017 15:53
These tools always seem to be created after the fact... But they are not .... In other words the Game is created .. Then come the tools .. Just like Quake and Radiant or Half-life and Hammer and they work perfectly well ... But in reality they are cut down versions of the actual editors used to make the original game in the first place so of course they are going to be almost perfect and cover every aspect ..

Not so easy for GG .. The editor really is after the fact ... Lee did not create GG with a version of the EBE so this has to be done completely from scratch and implemented into the engine itself ... Its a lot tougher task than many imagine and comparing to other "Game" editors does not really make much difference if you have nothing to start with in the first place ..
PM
Sanguis
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2017 20:07
Quote: "In honesty that is just pre-made media with lots of different textures, that snap together well and you can scale. I'ts not new by any means. Even My World can compare to it in a much less impressive way (less media, slower engine)."

I don't write it's new. Only that I love the way it works. It is an easy system to build nearly everything and I often thougt "That thing in GG would creates amazing worlds". That's all I wanted to mention.
Of course it is pre-made media. Exactly like many things in GG. Every ententy I put in the editor is pre-made.

Quote: " It's nice, impressive and fast of course, although I've yet to see a game there from anything I have seen. Has anyone played it since release? Does it actually have any management aspects yet? I have zero interest in a pointless sandbox that has no purpose other than to make an imaginary park, I want goals and stuff, like the first 3 RCT games."

Yes. I have played it since alpha. It has management aspects. Not that much as RCT3 had but enough for a simple simulation. The main factor is designing a beautiful park.
I should mention: PlanetCoaster is Developed by Frontier. The guys who made RTC3. After that Atari don't paid them and they cut their contract with Atari. That's why they made the new PlanetCoaster and not RCT4.
But I don't brought this game in here because of the game. The building system is just a good thing for doing huge things an easy way, I think.

Quote: "But yeah lots of artwork here, can't imagine why you would say it's just bits and pieces, there's entire rides! Not too mention every fitting you can imagine to make houses, several light types, wall types etc. In no way would it look as good if it had just basic cubes, spheres and other slight variations of basic shapes needed. There is a huge amount of media behind Planet Coaster, both models and textures. "

Yes, the FullVersion is having much in it. I played the alpha with only one unfinished theming pieces and it was even amazing that what some peoples did with it in that times. I think it would not be a problem for GG to have as much pieces over tim. TGC could make a few basics and other things by modder sold in GG shop. In the first view it looks much pieces in PlanetCoaster. But it isn't. Just many same pieces with diferent textures. I think the developer don't knew what creative players will do with it at least.

I don't mention it to make a complete copy of this. It was only a little hint that some things would be great in this way.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 07:43
From everything that I've seen so far it seems the EBE does not yet support multifloors? Also how will the editor deal with obstructed view? in FPSC you could jump and down with Page UP and Down and it would make the floors you currently are not viewing dimmed and lower opacity. So you can see through them. In GG you can use page up and down but it doesnt have an effect on entities (obviously) so very curious how Lee is dealing with this.

Noticed the ceiling is invisible when looking at it from above in the editor. What does it look like in Game when looking down upon it?
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

xCept
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 09:10 Edited at: 4th Jan 2017 09:12
Quote: " I'd like to reference the efforts in FPSCx9. Its important to note the quality we were able to produce at the time:"

That really does look great. The original 'FSPC:Reloaded' tech demo showed really great bump/normal/parallax occlusion mapping effects as well on the walls and windows. I don't think we can yet achieve this kind of effect in GG, at least not without some very advanced modifications.

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, AMD Phenom X6 1100T 3.60 GHz CPU (Passmark: 5934), NVIDIA Geforce GTX-680 2GB GPU (Passmark: 5712), G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) RAM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2017 11:44 Edited at: 4th Jan 2017 11:46
Quote: "From everything that I've seen so far it seems the EBE does not yet support multifloors?"

Yes it does .. Pretty much exactly the same way as FPSC which you mention above ..
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2017 01:50 Edited at: 5th Jan 2017 01:52
Quote: "Noticed the ceiling is invisible when looking at it from above in the editor. What does it look like in Game when looking down upon it?"

Missed this one ....

The roof is there ...
Im just using Tab like any other asset to see below the roof and add the furniture
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2017 21:30
Quote: "Yes it does .. Pretty much exactly the same way as FPSC which you mention above .."

Awesome!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-03 05:15:26
Your offset time is: 2024-07-03 05:15:26