[ r e d a c т e d ] - нιred gυn
: Redacted - Hired Gun
was originally conceived as a test game. I have lost a lot of games. I have spent quite some time developing, to the inadequacies of the FPSC Game engine back in the day. With horror news about completely broken built games from Nuncio and more and more people getting a variety of errors or having to circumvent missing features with odd walkthroughs I didn't feel like throwing any more creativity and time at projects that might just go the way of the Do-Do...or the Tyrannosaurus Rex for that matter.
Another reason was the fact that I haven't released anything playable in years. Let alone made in Game Guru...and I just had to get something out in 2016.
Well, I made it cupcake!!
I can only invite you to help me test this game by giving me your opinion and also letting me know what framerate you where getting.
: Hired Gun is a pretty straightforward shooter. You are a lone mercenary on a mission and you'll be going all Schwarzenegger on folks!
While I first wanted to make this a hot-n-filthy B-movie bulletfest I later added some mild seriousness to the otherwise tongue-in-cheek presentation and a lot of more tactical gameplay and increased difficulty to the game.
This game plays like a slightly less tactical and more futuristic Project I.G.I
if you need a reference.
In case you are interested. I have made a very similar game with similar goals about 6 years ago with FPSC-Fenix Mod. Its still a quite enjoyable shooter.
Link to [temporarily removed]
Ha! 2 free shooter games in one thread!
: You are a cybernetically enhanced agent hired by a federal agency to investigate illegal transhuman experiments on a remote tropical island.
How to play/ tips and hints:
* The longest loading screen ever!
* Semi-competent enemies.
* 2 High-Octane Levels filled with hostile encounters!
* Beauties from EAI's awesome classic arsenal. Modified and slightly modernized!
* Neat Graphics and Visuals
* Its free!
* Did I mention that its free?
Notes on Graphics and performance
- The game is designed in a way that its still looking good if you lower your settings. Please do so if you get a low frame rate on your system.
- I packed a preset reshade with the game copy these files into your root folder (where amelia.exe is) to add modern postprocessing including SMAA and Bloom
- If you run a good system and see the animated vent in the first level as black, your game is running at low or medium settings. You can set it to high in the menue but the music will likely stop playing :/
- I have deactivated native posprocessing and bloom to increase framerate! If you need Anti Aliasing, copy the files located in the reshade folder into your root folder (with the amelia.exe)
DOWNLOAD MIRROR 1 MEDIAFIRE
DOWNLOAD MIRROR 2 INDIEDB
DOWNLOAD MIRROR 3 MEGAGAMES
Full introduction (better served as a loading screen! Only read if you dont intend to play the game! or if you are from the future and the game is loading too fast for you):
* This game would not have been possible without this community
and especially the following gentlemen:
: Beta testing, numerous models, constant support and keeping me from murdering the framerate with pedantically elaborate leveldesign.
: For saving this game from being cancelled due to Enemy AI issues with the hostiles not being able to fire their weapons! You're a hero!
* The Cosmic Prophet
: Tons of models used in this game
* Errant AI
: Providing us with slick weapons for a decade now. Lots of our games would be even lamer without you!
* Wizard of Id
: Interior Architecture!!
: Game Guru and everything that comes with it.
Arteria 3D's Steve:
Pack uses your office pack which is part of the mega packs and the scifi items pack.
There will be an in-depht thread about my impressions of game guru now that I have developed and shared something playable after the holidays. I hope that I can reference some of your reviews in there!
So lemme know what ya think, ya old geezers!