Product Chat / where are the updates to Mega Pack 01-- Mega Pack 2 -- Fantasy Pack -- ScifiWorldPack1--ScifiWorldPack2 NO WORKING SCRIPTS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 05:20
I have been looking for weeks now. and can't find the updates~ NOTHING MOVES!
example desc = Big gear2
;ai
aiinit = Appear1.lua
aimain = SteamPunk\Rcog1.lua >>> NON EXISTENT
MODERN PACK not one FAN moves!
desc = Ceiling Fan
;visualinfo
textured = ceiling fan_D.dds
model = ceiling fan.x
aiinit = appear.lua
aimain = default.lua >> >>>>>>>>> WHATS UP?
I HAVE A LIST OF many many more that need updates.
Not even the doors on the head works, so hows a gal to use the restroom?
Can you say pig in a poke>?

I was not concerned with a a few missing files.. it happens, I am as guilty and the next person of doing the same thing,
However thinking the Scriptbank directory was a bit "LIGHT" on content, seems to be NOT true, It is missing more than half it's content it should have.

So not to make a issue about this, I started looking for samples I could use to make what I needed. and it was a lesson in
(you have been had.) Nothing to help at all. Gosh even the foliage where I figured I could glean a look at how the leaves move. NOT HAPPENING, the code is hidden in the tree's i guess.

This is considered part of the GUTS, the MEAT, of a GameCreators program, where is is at?

Please Please post a few examples, to say, make a fan move, with this we can rotate anything, or better yet really dig in that
massive resource you have, and provide all the 215 I have counted Missing scripts.
or maybe a wonderful tutorial with real examples of moving objects. There is not even a working elevator!

There are directories with directx files and nothing else, no images, no fpe, no lua, nada.

Kinda like buying a car with out seats and a steering wheel. Starts up great but you just can't go anywhere OR MAKE A Sale-able GAME!

Come on this is not the 80's, where we all cut corners to rush (how many years now?) a product out.

end rant. but still very disappointed.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 09:03 Edited at: 18th Dec 2016 09:05
Those models you mention don't need scripts, the animations animate via the fpe, and they're working fine for me.

Some of the models share textured, so you will see less textures than you expect. If you're missing files then there may be an issue with your download because i haven't seen any models from those packs that ate broken.

Not all of the trees are animated, in fact most of the entities aren't animated, it'd mostly static models.

Apart from the SciFi pack, there are no scripts that come with them, they're model packs only.

You mentioned a steampunk item, not sure where you downloaded that from (theres a few places) but that's not a TGC pack, that's a community made pack for FPSC that someone has converted (badly) to work in gameguru, so will jot be updated/fixed unless you do it yourself.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not sure what your referring to and cannot find some of the items you refer to ..
ScifiWorldPack 1 & 2 are store packs and some of the items you mention I cannot find in the Mega pack DLC's ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 09:13
It also sounds like you are talking about some store packs as syncromesh said.

Store packs are community made products, they have nothing to do with TGC, the store doesn't even belong to TGC.

You need to contact the authors of the models, or the store thedelves for issues with those.

Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 10:28
well color me silly, i really wanted a spinning fan, and some other things like we have in FPSC where things actually move.
example with the fan
;Animationinfo
animmax = 2
anim0 = 0,0
anim1 = 0,100
but the one in the otherwise awesome GameGuru it had nothing, just the dead Default.lua

Or the restroom door
;Animationinfo
animmax = 1
anim0 = 0,40

or maybe you can remember the awesome
DungeonItems\objects\twistblade
;Animationinfo
animmax = 1
anim0 = 0,40

none have any movement~ so how do I add that please!
And thanks for the hint to never buy anything in the store.

Many thanks guys,, i was going nuts,, "ask my poor husband"
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 10:45 Edited at: 18th Dec 2016 10:48
Quote: "well color me silly, i really wanted a spinning fan,"

Add Entity
Select Classic \ Modern Day 2 \ and you will find a working fan in there

I still cant seem to see the other models you refer to ... Can you give me their locations ?
Are these items your adding yourself from Classic ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 11:15
synchromesh, Thanks I will look in modern.
but went and read somewhere in the thousands of pages that Belidos wrote just add the ani commands
so I did and I have a fan!
http://www.78ez.com/images/fan.avi now to get that helicopter blade moving so we can escape the clutches of the evil guards!
many thanks.
I am a normal end user, not someone like you guys, with all that knowledge, and the program truly needs a LOT better documentation. Because it sure looks half completed to me. I could care less about anything other than the quests and making things in the voting thing. who cares about lighting? there are lights in the editor! Dump that garbage and finish the program.. " please " (( a rose in a wheat field is still a weed )) You have a rose with GameGuru and your planting wheat!

Consider this.. I have 73 students Prior to Christmas Vacation, I introduced GameGuru to them on my laptop, many (( well actually I would say close to 50% play with FPSC, free version and enjoy beating the tar out of eachother in games they make. ONLY 2 yes 2 held interest in GameGuru after 5 days. My laptop took a beating though.

Their reason was
1. no free version to play with.
2. they could not make things work as they do in FPSC. ammo would not re span nor would health packs
3. not having the thousands and thousands of models I have available in FPSC.
4. The "Cheats I made for FPSC" were not available in GameGuru like 60 second god mode, extra lives and so on.
3. Intially the graphic's on the 50 inch LCD was a hit bigtime. But apparently graphics only count with really smart professionals not teenagers.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 11:19 Edited at: 18th Dec 2016 11:25
Restroom door looks like its a converted fpsc model as it only has one anim, in gg you need two anims for doors (open and close) in fpsc you could reverse anims to close it again, I this k you can script that but I'm not sure how.

Twistblade you just need to add the animateineditor = 1 command to the fpe and it will auto animate without a script. You'll have to look up the exact spelling as I'm on my phone and can't check atm.

The fan, just swap the animation ranges from anim1 to anim0 and add the animateineditor command.

I've not seen these items before so I assume they're custom items, so its really down to the creator or yourself to get them working.

Sorry I didn't give this info initially, I only have my phone at the moment and it's a pain to type with.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 12:27 Edited at: 18th Dec 2016 12:56
actually it's playanimineditor = 1.... see video which shows one of the animated fans in GG from FPSC using the Autowelder program (Dungeonitems pack).
I haven't altered the speed yet or added a proper LUA script. That'll be next
In the lua script use,
SetAnimation(0)
PlayAnimation(e)
to get the animation to play.

animmax=1
anim0 = 1,100

if animation has more than 1 animation e.g. 2 the FPE should read:

example only:
animmax=2
anim0 = 1,100
anim1 = 101,200

so in LUA script , for example if you want to set the current animation play the animation 2 (anim1), use:
SetAnimation(1)
PlayAnimation(e)

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2016 12:31
Yup that's the command, was ob my phone and didn't gave to check

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 21:49 Edited at: 19th Dec 2016 21:56
thanks and thanks for taking the time to set me right, it is very frustrating at times
We have a animated chopper, wow, not as I want it to be, that is part of the frustration, docs are not available it seems for ANY product. Here we go,

yea, well you will get shaky when you get older too.
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2016 21:52
Quote: "Bored of the Rings"
it seems that the buttons above do not include all the commands for a YouTube video to be displayed properly,
would you please tell me the correct way?
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 02:52
This will show you.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/207124

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz