Product Chat / What is the difference?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am very confused and it is getting worse.
What is the difference between the game creators App Game Kit and Game Guru. I do know that Game guru is included in some of their bundles but what is the other products they offer?
I am lost in this.
I have a program called AGF Pro on Steam. Is this one of their products too?
Ken
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2016 07:36 Edited at: 13th Dec 2016 07:39
AGK is programming software where you have full control of development and GameGuru isn't, you don't have full control of the engine but you can do LUA scripting to bring back info from the engine and apply it in some way. You don't code line by line to produce a game, most of the work has been done for you.
No idea what AGF Pro is, doesn't sound like a TGC product to me.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 13th Dec 2016 07:40 Edited at: 13th Dec 2016 07:57
AGF Pro, is Axis Game Factory Pro, a completely different developer

It's not just one tool, it's a group of tools linked together to make a full package game creator, for example one of the packages is a tool that allows you to take multiple meshes and weld them together to make a single entity.

It can be used as a game creator in itself, and is quite good, but what it's best at is creating scenes, then exporting them to Unity packages, which you can then refine in Unity.

It's Unity based, technically it's Unity 4 with a different UI and some custom tools, so you can create packages in Unity and import them into AGF and vice versa.

I've had it in my steam collection for ages but only ever messed around with it, it's control system is very much like blender, lots of hot keys, and lots of ctrl, alt, shift work with the mouse.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2016 08:04
oh yes of course it is, I have used it, totally forgot. ha my brain cells hurt today ha
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-03 05:52:26
Your offset time is: 2024-07-03 05:52:26