Product Chat / V1.133 UPDATE Released

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2016 21:23
Hi Fellow Game Makers,

Today we announce the release of V1.133 which you will get automatically through the Steam update process. Here are the changes for this update:

* Optimized entity loops to favor dynamic elements (do static entities need loop and animloop functionalities)
* Limited DarkAI to only control AI bots within a 2000 unit range (only AI bots within game play area matter)
* Improved occluder with predictive occlusion (marches in advance of player motion) - stops disappearing walls
* Fixed bug which stops updating lightray render when terrain is hidden (F11 terrain off mode)
* Added secret backdoor password for Restricted Content Mode (9119 unlocks restricted content mode)
* When playing video in standalone executable, left click now ends the video as designed
* When video playback is stopped, the sound is also stopped (used to carry on to the end)
* When play video in standalone, on exiting video, no longer shows low FPS warning
* Added new END COLLISION field to entity properties; can now switch off collision of ragdolls
* Added new OCCLUDER and OCCLUDEE fields in properties to control per-entity occlusion states
* Added new SKYSHADER and SKYSCROLLSHADER fields to SKYSPEC.TXT file to allow custom sky shaders
* Added new LUA command "SetPlayerRun(x)" where a value of zero in X will disable player ability to run (SHIFT)
* Added 12 new Zombie sound effects to "audiobank\zombies" to improve 'repetitiveness of current audio'
* Added 3 new sound slots to all entity properties (Sound2, Sound3 and Sound4) for more LUA opportunities
* Fixed issue which prevented SOUNDSET slot to be used by regular non-voice sound file
* Updated AI_FASTZOMBIE, AI_ZOMBIEWALK and AI_ZOMBIEWALK3 to use new Zombie sounds
* Fixed MAJOR LUA script issue which would call _init 'BEFORE' preparing g_Entity structure
* Improved AI_FASTZOMBIE to fix issue of roar responding to sound but not chasing the player afterwards
* Further improved AI_FASTZOMBIE to increase ferocity of attack and manouvers - a taste of better AI
* Added new field to FPE called 'endcollision' which when set to zero will disable collision of ragdolls
* Fixed issue of camera locked third person locking onto itself when firing fireball
* Fixed lua_setfreezepositionXYZ and lua_setfreezepositionAXYZ commands to use floats (not ints)
* NOTE: You can use 'ignorematerial = 1' in GUNSPEC file to hide the decal impact from weapons fire
* Fixed issue of third person weapon not activating when move from level 1 to level 2
* Ensured lightmapper updated with new entityelement/profile data structures
* Added the following new LUA commands for attribute control of any in-game weapon:
* GetWeaponSlot: GetWeaponSlot ( index ) -- Gets WeaponID from slot, index is 1 through 10
* GetWeaponID: GetWeaponID ( GunNameString ) -- Gets WeaponID associated with current GunNameString
* GetEntityWeaponID: GetEntityWeaponID ( e ) -- Gets the WeaponID associated with the entity specified
* SetWeaponDamage: SetWeaponDamage ( WeaponID, FireModeIndex, Value ) -- Sets damage value of weapon
* SetWeaponAccuracy: SetWeaponAccuracy ( WeaponID, FireModeIndex, Value ) -- Sets accuracy value of weapon
* SetWeaponReloadQuantity: SetWeaponReloadQuantity ( WeaponID, FireModeIndex, Value ) -- Sets reload quantity value of weapon
* SetWeaponFireIterations: SetWeaponFireIterations ( WeaponID, FireModeIndex, Value ) -- Sets shot iterations value of weapon
* SetWeaponRange: SetWeaponRange ( WeaponID, FireModeIndex, Value ) -- Sets range value of weapon
* SetWeaponDropoff: SetWeaponDropoff ( WeaponID, FireModeIndex, Value ) -- Sets dropoff value of weapon
* SetWeaponSpotLighting: SetWeaponSpotLighting ( WeaponID, FireModeIndex, Value ) -- Sets whether weapon uses spot light effect
* GetWeaponDamage: Value = GetWeaponDamage ( WeaponID, FireModeIndex ) -- Get damage value of weapon
* GetWeaponAccuracy: Value = GetWeaponAccuracy ( WeaponID, FireModeIndex ) -- Get accuracy value of weapon
* GetWeaponReloadQuantity: Value = GetWeaponReloadQuantity ( WeaponID, FireModeIndex ) -- Get reload quantity value of weapon
* GetWeaponFireIterations: Value = GetWeaponFireIterations ( WeaponID, FireModeIndex ) -- Get shot iterations value of weapon
* GetWeaponRange: Value = GetWeaponRange ( WeaponID, FireModeIndex ) -- Get range value of weapon
* GetWeaponDropoff: Value = GetWeaponDropoff ( WeaponID, FireModeIndex ) -- Get dropoff value of weapon
* GetWeaponSpotLighting: Value = GetWeaponSpotLighting ( WeaponID, FireModeIndex ) -- Get whether weapon uses spot light effect
* Added legacy terrain generation system when select NEW RANDOM LEVEL from FILE menu (by popular request)
* NOTE: Further increased terrain randomness by changing old fixed range (6) to new (5+Random(4)) for better choices
* Fixed issue of game running slower after a saved game reload
* Updated Classic Character Scripts (from expansion pack) thanks to SmallG's scipting talents!
* Prevented sky messing up when save standalone (removed auto NIGHT export for now)
* Now saves out textures from internal ELEPROF and parent ELEPROF data (MMS level textures)
* Shifted 'graphicsmediumgrass=high' and 'graphicshighgrass=highest' for better default export in SETUP.INI
* Added code to TITLE.LUA to reinstate the auto-title-music feature, just add TITLE.OGG to DEFAULT folder
* Fixed issue of distant path-based AI bots stuttering by allowing ALWAYS ACTIVE flag to work within AI system
* Also increased AI deactivation range so that the stutter is never seen (3000 now same as GG range disabler)
* Improved random terrain generator to create good balance of flats and hills (more like legacy system)
* Fixed issue of DOF not working when SAO is zero
* Added support for per entity specular modulation, specified as a percentage of the global specular setting
* NOTE: Above feature can overexpose specular for cool metallic effects on entities of your choice!
* Fixed issue causing some characters (zombies no ragdoll) to get hit/headhot and not use fall animation
* Added code to character physics vertical positioning so AI like Clown Zombies find the Asylum floor
* Improved constants (TIME,SINTIME,DELTATIME) passed into shader so they use PerformanceCounter precision
* NOTE: The above affects sky scroll shader, grass animation, anything that uses timer for shaders
* Extended higher precision timing code to physics update for triple-figure FPS fidelity
* Extended higher precision timing further to include time slicing logic for all in-game logic
* Solved the slight jerkiness when mouselooking quickly - now SMOOTH AS DATA'S BOTTOM - Oh yeah!
* Fixed issue of SAO = Zero triggering SAO shader instead of BLOOM shader in recent beta fix
* Changed defaults in VISUALS.INI to HIGHEST by default - improve first impressions of GameGuru

I hope you enjoy the improvements and focus now shifts to completing the Easy Building Editor and final beta testing steps. Thanks for your patience, and I hope you enjoy the above update!
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Fantastic ... Thanks Lee
Great job
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2016 21:32
You must have worked over the weekend to get this out Lee,many thanks.

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Can I recommend you verify after the update ....
Saves a lot of little issues that may pop up after the overlay
PM
Sulman
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: OUT DOOR GAMES
Posted: 4th Dec 2016 21:38
Thanks... Now i can make a good short game.
How is it Mario can smash through bricks... But he dies when he touches a turtle?
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2016 23:33
* happy dance *
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 00:16
What Teabone said, thank you!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080, 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 01:20
One day early for present evening but Lee Santa-Claus has thrown a nice gift through our chimney.

Thanks

OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 10:09
Yeah -Nice!!

Thanks Lee for all the hard work.

Reliquia....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 10:35
Quote: " (9119 unlocks restricted content mode)"

Creates secret password ... posts it on public forum .... mwaahaha!

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Sanguis
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 11:22
Thanks a lot
Alienware 17R3 Laptop - Win10 - 16GB Ram - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980M - Intel® Core™ i7-6820HK
vrg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 11:28
Thanks Lee and team for this great update it is waiting worth
Mouaa
User Banned
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 12:02
Nice
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 12:35
Quote: "Added secret backdoor password for Restricted Content Mode (9119 unlocks restricted content mode)"

I always thought it was "Joshua"?
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080, 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 12:40 Edited at: 5th Dec 2016 12:40
Quote: "I always thought it was "Joshua"?"

Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
willipoldi
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 12:40
The new update is great, many thanks. I was especially waiting for new weapon commands. But what is FireModeIndex?
Windows 8.1 build 9600 (64-bit)
Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3.40GHz
RAM 16 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / 8GB
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Finding the new update to be pretty cool so far and not even played with any of the new stuff!

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 16:45
Can't wait to update when I get back to UK,, thanks Lee
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 17:33
It's very smooth - thank you!
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
As usual, the first thing I play after an update is Morning Mountain Stroll. What can I say ? Even compared to the last performance update, it just FLIES !
Thanks (although I still have my doubts about GG in its current state).
But it also had to fix 178 files, so , verifying right after the update seems like necessary/recommended.
Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 18:50
Quote: "But it also had to fix 178 files"

Wouldn't that be due to edits made in those files?

Yeserday i did a validation too, only 15 files were picked up.
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
No, since I didn't do a thing with GG besides playing MMS for two or three updates now, to see whether there was really some improvement.

PM
Loretta
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Generation Zero; Skyrim SE , Fallout 4, In VR- Pistol Whip,
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 20:07
YAY!!!

THANK YOU !!!!

I can't wait to check it out as soon as I finish my Client work today!
I am and have been a Web Designer/Photographer/Videographer/ Video Editor for 20 plus years.
I am just getting back into Gaming after many years of being too busy.
I use 2 Desktops and a Asus Laptop for work
My favorite is ; ASUS ROG G20- Desktop Intel Core i7-6700 -3.4Ghz - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970-4GB - Windows 10 64bit
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 21:07 Edited at: 5th Dec 2016 21:26
Quote: "Added support for per entity specular modulation, specified as a percentage of the global specular setting"

This only seems to work for entities using character_basic.fx, it doesn't seem to do anything using entity_basic.fx

In fact, I don't think specularity works at all for anything using entity_basic.fx, I've just checked by creating two identical models, one with a very high specularity in the _S.dds and one with very low specularity in the _S.dds .. they both look identical no matter if they're on low, medium or high settings.

Also, entities aren't set on high by default as we were told they will be.

m2design
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry but ...

Having waited this long for the 1.33 update I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. I have not experienced one single fps gain over 1.32.
I guess the good thing is I have not lost any fps. Not sure any of the new additions benefit me at this time.

I still haven't found any way to get higher terrain with the replaced random terrain feature.
Windows 10,64 bit|AMD FX-6200 Six-core-3.80 Ghz |CPU PASSMARK 6,142 |Memory 10GB |NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660 SC |GPU PASSMARK 4,114
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 22:51
Quote: " I have not experienced one single fps gain over 1.32."

Haven't really played with it as far as sussing out fps, but for me this build is much smoother, and overall I am pretty pleased with it.

Only problem I noticed is animations are like super fast and setting 'animspeed=100' in FPE makes no difference. (will make bug report for that tho)

Reliquia....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
willipoldi
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2016 19:07 Edited at: 6th Dec 2016 19:09
Many thanks for the help about "FireModeIndex". Neither forum search nor Google search helped for that, but "0" seems to work, as I found out. Btw, "SetPlayerRun(x)" is missing in the "Direct call LUA Commands" in "global.lua". Professional work here with Game Guru as always...
RAM 16 GB
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2016 19:18
Hmm, I am not seeing it either. SetPlayerRun(x), Good catch.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

willipoldi
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2016 19:23
But it works, what's the most important.
RAM 16 GB
PM
willipoldi
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2016 19:32
Quote: "You can now control which shader your in-game sky uses, and the Galaxy Seed sky now uses a new shader which allows you to see the rotating planets and awesome sky in all its glory."

Sorry, for me that doesn't work. I've downloaded the standalone and that's something really different, talking about sky.
RAM 16 GB
PM
Stab in the Dark software
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2016 19:50
I am experiencing better frame rates and smoother operation with this update.
Like the new occluder and occludee settings. Maybe all objects below a certain size should
just be an a occludee. Would this help with processing if all these small objects are not occluders?
The player animations appear to be to fast, and as mentioned above can not slow them down.
Should the animations be frame rate independent?

The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Sulman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2016 20:00
Story Zone is not fixed. When you press escape or skip the video. You still hear those sounds. I am big disapionted.
How is it Mario can smash through bricks... But he dies when he touches a turtle?
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2016 21:34 Edited at: 6th Dec 2016 21:36
Quote: "Story Zone is not fixed. When you press escape or skip the video. You still hear those sounds. I am big disapionted. "

It's working fine for me... you have remade the standalone right?

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Story Zone is not fixed. When you press escape or skip the video. You still hear those sounds. I am big disapionted. "

Confirmed Working for me as well..
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 00:09
Quote: "This only seems to work for entities using character_basic.fx, it doesn't seem to do anything using entity_basic.fx
"

Don't think it's the shader, but yes can't seem to get specular on entities ... unless ischaracter =1 in fpe.

Cheers.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 07:24
playing around with this version, Galaxy Seed is even more awesome with the Galaxy Seed skyshader. Had to bring my setting from highest to lowest as my card is not the best, but the level still looks brilliant. I get 48 FPS if I bring everything down including the camera distance. Mouse is a little jerky. Anyway, will look at the other improvements and see what I can make of the new update. So far too early to say.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
Sulman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 08:26
Quote: "It's working fine for me... you have remade the standalone right?
"
Confirmed Working for me as well..

Yes i did. But unfortunately i got the same problem. OK i will uninstall and reinstall again. I hope this will fix the problem.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 08:37

When you open a new map in Game-Guru and place a story zone in and put in a video. Does it still not skip when you press ESC? If you are testing from a stand-alone game it will only reference the old LUA script and hard-coded settings from the older GG version.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
bogel88
Years of Service
User Offline
This game may very tasty because I do not know
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "When you open a new map in Game-Guru and place a story zone in and put in a video. Does it still not skip when you press ESC? If you are testing from a stand-alone game it will only reference the old LUA script and hard-coded settings from the older GG version. "

I'm sure it worked for me but i thought it was LMB to skip..... Esc would normally go to the main menu ....
I will have to recheck
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Just tested again .....

LMB works to skip the video ( including the sound ) in standalone ..
ESC doesn't do anything which is just as well as it would normally exit the game to the main menu ....
Which would be annoying in the middle of a game
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2016 12:08
Yes, it's Left Mouse Button to skip.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
As I've noticed many saying they use MMS as a benchmark, thought I'd test it. I've never really liked this demo personally as it ran so slowly, 12 fps being about the best it could muster. Now though, it's running nicely and as a consequence has jumped up in my estimation somewhat. Anyone who has played it on much earlier versions of GG will soon notice a difference! I'm getting 40+fps now which is much more palatable. Some of this may be down to my new video card of course, but I never really noticed that much of a jump with other demo's when I got it and I certainly did some tests at the time, lol.

Combine this result with the fact I'm getting some good framerates on my own stuff is a good indication GG is getting more polished performance wise. Once we have decent AI, I think reviews of GG should start to improve, as speed and derpy AI are among the biggest criticisms it gets.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
m2design
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2016 23:34 Edited at: 9th Dec 2016 23:36
Quote: "Having waited this long for the 1.133 update I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. I have not experienced one single fps gain over 1.132.
I guess the good thing is I have not lost any fps. Not sure any of the new additions benefit me at this time."

I may have spoke too soon! Could not understand why I saw no improvement in FPS, while others were reporting otherwise.
I believe, at least in my case, 1.133 does not really like my map created in the previous release (1.132 I believe).

I loaded that 1.132 map into 1.133, punched F11 twice and turned off everything except sky and physics, looked up at the sky and got a fps of 140.
I created a new map created in 1.133 with similar complexity and size, punched F11 twice, turned off the same things, look up at the sky and got an fps of 366. Same sky
I have been working with 1.133 for a few days now and I believe it is running smoother and much faster.
Windows 10,64 bit|AMD FX-6200 Six-core-3.80 Ghz |CPU PASSMARK 6,142 |Memory 10GB |NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660 SC |GPU PASSMARK 4,114
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure whether it applies to your case, m2design, but I habitually remove all .dbo and .bin files prior to starting GG when I know that a GG update is coming in.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2016 13:46
Even thou it is not what we would like users to do, delete .dbo and .bin files when an update happens, I agree with yrkoon.
Deleting these files allows GameGuru to recompile the files for you with any new fixes and functions. This gives you the truest results.

Do be careful, as anything you import thru the importer or make with Character Creator, only produce a .dbo file. These files would have to be made again if you delete them making your media not function until you re import or re create them with character creator.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2016 02:10
Noticed this bit in global.lua (thanks Myke for pointing me in the right direction)

Quote: "SetAttachmentVisible: SetAttachmentVisible(e,1). 1 sets the entities attachment to be visible (such as their weapon), 0 switches it off"

Seems interesting. Was wondering if we could get some clarification on setting this up (on the asset side) and implementing it ingame.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2016 07:13
Sure thing, the attachment is a separate model object which is loaded from the gun folder (the VWEAP.X file). When a character is associated with that weapon (using HASWEAPON from the FPE), the VWEAP is loaded and attached to the 'firespot limb' of the character, if the character has one (not all do, especially those not originally designed to use weapons). If you are creating your own character and want to attach a VWEAP, you will need to create a limb/frame with a specific name somewhere in your character objects frame hierarchy, you can call it "firespot". You can experiment with the soldier characters which carry Colt pistols, and you will see the guns hide and show based on the flag you give the LUA command (but the enemy will still think they have a weapon and will fire, even with an invisible gun)
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2017 21:25
Hi all. Not sure if this will get seen here now, but

We have these new OCCLUDER and OCCLUDEE fields in properties to control per-entity occlusion states.

I would like to set Occludee to No by default for a particular object.

Is it possible to set these values via the FPE?

I tried:
occludee = 0
occludee = 1

But makes no difference, the Occludee field is always set to Yes.

Reliquia...
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2017 01:30
I see that these are not in the FPE statements list. Maybe Lee has not opened these up yet.
Try occludee = -1 and see if that makes a difference.

Sometimes he uses this instead of zero. (programming thing)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-03 04:55:53
Your offset time is: 2024-07-03 04:55:53