Product Chat / Question about .fpe files

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2016 14:41
What do the offx, offy and offz parameters in the ;orientation section of the .fpe files do?

I had assumed that they would specify the offset from the models 'origin' that GG should use for the positioning of the Entity, i.e. so you could specify the Entities 'centre' point but they don't seem to have any affect when I change them.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I think they are cast offs from FPSC. I've tried them myself on occasion to quickly adjust a models height position. Never works. I don't think GG even reads those.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2016 15:24
AmenMoses, good question, always wanted to know this too. They do nothing for me either. Why have them in there?
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
Game_Making
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2016 15:45
Yes,

I would like to know more specifics about those 3 (offx, offy and offz) files as well. I don't see them working at all so far as I know. (Copied just a project .fpe to my laptop to try.)

QUESTION:

*** If we post an .fpe level file we are having trouble with for the community to try with default entities/LUA scripts do we need to include them? (Tried to post one last week myself. Is this wrong?)

Would it not be better for the .fpe to include all parameters rather than fragment things into these other files that could become corrupted? (I am thinking this is happening to one of my projects now - Not sure.) It helps to know what files are 100% dependencies for trouble shooting.

Thanks
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 4th Dec 2016 16:05
Quote: "Would it not be better for the .fpe to include all parameters rather than fragment things into these other files that could become corrupted? (I am thinking this is happening to one of my projects now - Not sure.) It helps to know what files are 100% dependencies for trouble shooting."

an entity can only read one .fpe so making multiple will do nothing, you need to put all the parameters you need for that entity into one .fpe

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 04:38
I use fixnewy = # and alike. As I think the offsets dont really work well in GG as mentioned. Also there is problems when using this alternate method as well. Some object controlling functionalities ignore it. Its best to set your offsets in the x model themselves if they are custom media.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 06:42 Edited at: 5th Dec 2016 06:45
Off X, offY and OffZ were fpsc offsets for segments and entities. In GG you can use Defaultheight= in the fpe to set default height e.g if an entity is sunk into the terrain. There is also Offsety= and fixnewy as mentioned above , I seem to recall they work.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:15:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:15:46