Product Chat / GGFF - What is this? Well-read and find out!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2016 16:40 Edited at: 15th Nov 2016 12:43
GGFF

Game Guru Fan Fest

Hi guys, I don't know if this has been done before or not. I'm just going to try and set things in motion and create a buzz for GGFF. Everybody is welcome to come. Why? You may ask… because we can. This may have a huge impact; create even more interest in GG while taking it to a whole new level with us behind it.

This is an open invitation to all community members who want to meet each other and have a little fun. Put a face to a friend you have made here. I hope you all will attend.

Lee and your Team are welcome too.

We may be able to meet the team behind GG and Game Creators if they are on-board.

Date – TBA (March 2017 is looking good.)
Location – TBA (But the Midlands or London looks promising.)
Accommodation - TBA (Based on location above and how many drinks you can handle.)
Activities – TBA (Ideas so far below.)

- Paintballing (Why play 3rd person when you can play FPS – Laser quest for the top 5 losers or anybody late.)
- Off-road buggy racing (Don’t hold on to tight or you will go home will aches and pains.)
- Ted-Talks (Well at least I hope to get a few speakers from Game Creators and or from the community.)
- Face-off (Time tails in some of the best GG games made. Also a multiplayer game created just for this event.)
- Tutorials in GG and Blender, etc. (Some of our great artist showing us how it’s done.)
- Amazing pub crawl(s) (This could cover a few days. Be prepared )
- And for those of you who need to eat. We will also go-out and book a great restaurant (Before you ask, NO! “McDonald’s, McDonald’s, KFC and Pizza Hut” does not count.)

Internal Attendants – TBA (Anybody outside the UK can work closely with me to find flights, accommodation, etc.)
Ticket Sales - TBA *(Cover costs only. These may be limited by numbers based on interest. Help us by commenting here, so we can get an idea of numbers.)
And more… (Suggestions are welcome.)

*There will be no profit made from this event and will only cover costs. There will be an option to donate to charity or held for the next year’s event. You make this decision, not me.

This will be a community based event, what you want and what can be achieved in the time scale.

I hope to get a few of you on board and to hear from you all soon.

Come on guys let’s make this happen.

This has not been sanctioned by Lee or anybody at Game Creators at this time. I hope to get them on-board and await their approval. This will be community run.
Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 MDA mode, Water cooled with an old Victorian cast iron radiator and a industrial leather belt driven fan - That's what you call Steampunked.

Laptop - M17xR3

A new competition running for GG
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 12th Nov 2016 16:55
I'd actually prefer laser quest (well quasar actually) over paintball tbh, but thats only because my team was third place in the quasar European nik nak championships in 96 :p

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2016 17:05 Edited at: 12th Nov 2016 17:22
Hi Belidos, cool. Well it's up to you guys on what you want to do. I just thought rolling in the mud was a little more hardy with impact shots you can be proud of. Why go home with a rub-off tattoo! When you can have red bruised skin to show off to your mate down the pub. Then brag about how you was the LAST MAN or WOMAN STANDING! lol
Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 MDA mode, Water cooled with an old Victorian cast iron radiator and a industrial leather belt driven fan - That's what you call Steampunked.

Laptop - M17xR3
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 12th Nov 2016 17:15
Paibtball's a little too close to the real thing, took a lot of years to "forget" , not going to risk it :p

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " Amazing pub crawl(s) (This could cover a few days. Be prepared )"

It's a trap! I'm well past pub crawls of that magnitude!

I'm also not a fan of paintball, never quite understood why people pay for this sort of thing. I have all these bruises and I paid good money for them!

Still a nice idea, seen it before over the years in DB, but never attended any myself. Mostly because I'm poor and they were expensive I guess, plus I never had much time off work. I'm sure many will be interested, but organising it will be a tough job!

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2016 12:29 Edited at: 15th Nov 2016 12:43
Thanks guys, I'm going to try and keep the price down as much as possible. I will also be making a donation to it too.
I do hope to grab some interest in this so I have an idea of numbers and costs.

As said before you can change or add to the list as its your GGFF.

Who knows, it may just turn into a few drinks down the pub and buying Lee a Guinness or two

Any input would be great.

Thanks guys.

Laptop - M17xR3

PM
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2016 19:45
Any takers?

Laptop - M17xR3

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:21:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:21:16