Third Party Tools / segment welder help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
is any one out there having any problems with segment welder when I try to get a segment it tells there is no mesh there and some time it stop running I can not explain any better than this well the thing I having problems with it
gamemaker
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Moved to third party tools
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2016 08:34
@james1943-sorry your having issues. Are you using the current version which is 3.5.7.7?
Please can you also tell me which segment from which pack you were trying build? This will help me look into the problem and replicate the error/issue. Screenshots are also helpful. thank you.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
james1943
Years of Service
User Offline
I do not think the problem is with the software more with me I am not very good at following video tutorials I need every thing to be in the very basic any way you can explain when you start were you get model packs like scfi and were you extract them to and what packs you can weld my memory not what used to be hopefully you can help while I think of were do weld the models from hope you understand what I am trying to say this is the best I can do to explain
gamemaker
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2016 14:27 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2016 14:29
@James1943-no problem at all.

The welder tool only welds/rebuilds FPSC segments and FPSC levels i.e. universe.dbo files. BUT you can also punch CSG holes into existing DBO/.X files using CSG meshes and this is done within the Punch/Weld tool.

All retail FPSC model packs should install to the FPSC root directory when you run the installer. The tool is designed to look at the FPSC segment folder when you go to open up a segment FPS file. If you are trying to install the open source model packs it's just a case of view the content of the zip/archive file so that you see what folders are present. If the zip file just contains "Files" folder you can copy the zip file to the FPSC root folder i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files (for 64 bit windows) OR C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files (for 32 bit windows).

Once you have the model packs installed into the correct folders, you can then run the welder tool and choose either a segment FPS file or select a FPSC level (universe.dbo) depending on the mode you select. So for segments the tool will direct you to (or it should do) a lot of folders containing segment media. Select the segment FPS file you are interested in e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\segments\ww2\rooms\Bunker Fighting Area Ceiling.fps. Once the file has loaded and done some pre-processing, you can then either choose the various parts that make up that segment or just weld the whole thing. A preview window will pop up with the segment rotating. If you are happy with the segment, you can save out. To exit the preview window either click on the middle mouse button (if you have one) or press the Q key.

To save, select the save button. At the dialog window, either CTRL+V to paste in the original segment file name or type in your own. For door parts, you can save these out as 2 separate pieces (door frame and animated door) by deselecting one of the checkboxes (a bit of a weird way of doing it but was the only way I could get it to work at the time). Or you can save the door as one complete segment by leaving all the tick boxes ticked.

For FPSC levels it's the same process, but you will be selecting a UNIVERSE.DBO. This file is also extracted from an archive file. To get the tool to unzip automatically, the program uses WINRAR specific CLI commands and therefore if don't have WINRAR you will need to install it, but you don't have to. You can unzip the level archives manually using your favourite unarchiver e.g. Winzip, 7zip.

you can also paint your own levels in FPSC and save/build them and then get them into GameGuru using the same process.

Please let me know if you need a more specific video and I can do one to show you the process and I'm probably waffling too much now
I do recommend watching the videos for key controls. Please note that the videos were made using old versions of the tool so there may be some changes.

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
james1943
Years of Service
User Offline
please could you do another video tutorial if is not to much
gamemaker
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2016 16:27
@James1943-It's not a problem. I'll post it back here as soon as possible.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2016 20:40 Edited at: 4th Oct 2016 07:16
Here is Part 1 video, more to follow as there are many aspects to the tool:

Part 2 -single segment

Part 3 - fpsc levels (same process for prefabs)

james1943
Years of Service
User Offline
i just wanted to tell you I have the segment welder up and running thanks for the video tutorials
gamemaker
james1943
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering could you tell me if there are any tutorials for entity welder
gamemaker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:52:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:52:11