Product Chat / What happening, no news??

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2016 09:43
Quote: " Vista was the future and promised so much for that OS that never came through .."

Beginning to think the same of GG at the moment.

Dave
PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@lordjulian I love it! It's certainly miles ahead of what I can do. I'm afraid I haven't advanced beyond stick men yet. "

Thanks display mode error!

I just got back from hospital after having an abscess cut out of my back. Too much info.? Well at least it was a distraction from the long wait for the EBE.
Julian
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2016 13:15
Quote: "

I just got back from hospital after having an abscess cut out of my back. Too much info.? Well at least it was a distraction from the long wait for the EBE."

That sounds sor,hope it heals soon.must be hard sitting at computer.

Dave
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2016 13:58 Edited at: 24th Sep 2016 14:03
X9 had a lifetime of more than 6 years and there are still Steam Games released made with it. The tool had faults that eventually crippled it but TGC has always progressed it.

X10 turned out to be terrible...and to be honest, I was vehemently against it from the get go.

We mods are also not defending TGC, that is not our purpose here. You might notice that I have been openly critical about this myself before.

@LordJulian: Your drawing is pretty great concidering that you are just getting started and that you don't have a steady hand. My early drawings had a whole lot less perspective to them. Please post some of your stuff in offtopic, if you want to keep going and doing so. I'd be interested to see how they turn out.

-Wolf
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Granada (yes, it is kind of painful but I think it was worse when the thing was in my back). And thanks Wolf - great idea.
Julian
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 00:37 Edited at: 28th Sep 2016 05:15
Post removed by the author for ranting too much like usual.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 01:06
Quote: "posts like these will always happen when you keep people in the dark."

There you go.How long dose it take to let people what's going on.come on Lee help out here.

Dave
PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
I had a strange dream about Lee Bamber last night: He came out of my computer screen and into my living room. And he had a bicycle with no wheels. No joke. The painkillers I am on are making me have some weird dreams.
Julian
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 17:33
Quote: "I had a strange dream about Lee Bamber last night: He came out of my computer screen and into my living room. And he had a bicycle with no wheels. No joke. The painkillers I am on are making me have some weird dreams."

Was he wearing a helmet .

Dave
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 19:05
Quote: "I had a strange dream about Lee Bamber last night: He came out of my computer screen and into my living room. And he had a bicycle with no wheels. No joke. The painkillers I am on are making me have some weird dreams."

Navigate to your videobank folder in Game-Guru and play the first video you find....
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline

Quote: "Navigate to your videobank folder in Game-Guru and play the first video you find.... "

Lol...I didn't know that was in there...all the same you can see they must be doing at least ten miles per hour on that grassy hill so you can see the the need for the all the SWAT gear and helmets. Looks like a real rush
"There is a vacancy for 'Village idiot' in the realm.... but I fear you may be over-qualified...." King Lear.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 20:58 Edited at: 26th Sep 2016 20:59
Quote: "Lol...I didn't know that was in there"

Me to,and he had a helmet on .

Dave
PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
I noticed that video a while back.
Julian
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I noticed that video a while back"

May explain your dream then The mind is a funny thing. I found the vid the first time I tried getting a video to work via scripting

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Back on topic...this complete blackout on any kind of info is becoming a bit tedious. I don't see why a few words from the developer can't be forthcoming every now and then, even if only to say they are tied up with other necessary work. This forum is going the same way as FPSC Classic forums now with only a few diehards keeping it going.

On top of the fact that this product is Beta despite being released on Steam it goes without saying that sales and users must be dropping off exponentially with no developer interaction, not to mention my own and others dwindling interest in it. If this keeps up I reckon you will be seeing as little user activity as there is developer activity.
"There is a vacancy for 'Village idiot' in the realm.... but I fear you may be over-qualified...." King Lear.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2016 17:52
Quote: ""Navigate to your videobank folder in Game-Guru and play the first video you find.... ""

Measuring the terrain for EBE?

I hope an amazing beta that can justify the long wait.

Lately I had noticed hight cpu waste (65/85%), when a lot of assests in my map.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2016 18:23 Edited at: 27th Sep 2016 18:23
The absence of news is as absent as the absence of absent features in GameGuru which is becoming errrr...... absent
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Someone once said "absence" makes the heart grow fonder....

I don't miss it personally having moved on, though I check the forums regularly to see if anything has changed. Seems not for the better.

Hopefully you will get some progress at some time and wish everyone well with their continued support and game making endeavours.

System : Advent Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. Intel(R). i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz. 8.00 GB RAM DDR3. Storage : 1389 GB : 1088 GB Free (1389 GB Total). Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GT 530. Total Available Graphics Memory : 4095 MB. Dedicated : 1024 MB. Shared : 3071 MB. Direct X10

LeighAndrew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2016 19:42
I do hope Lee hasn't done a 'Phil Fish'
PM
Shadow man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2016 20:45
Quote: "Someone once said "absence" makes the heart grow fonder...."

True, but it is getting beyond the joke now.

Quote: "I don't miss it personally having moved on"

Have you moved on to another engine ?,......I,d be curious to know which one,...
some of us may be on the move soon too if this blackout keeps up.
Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1, Intel CPU G530 @ 2,40GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GT730 2GB GDDR5,
Patriot Blast SSD, DX11.
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2016 22:36
Yeah this is getting a bit like - Alone in the dark!

lol - Getting a bit worried now myself. hmm, better go model a torch I think, and perhaps a road map to another 3d world!

Hope there is not more to the store split than is being mentioned....

Reliquia....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2016 23:11 Edited at: 27th Sep 2016 23:12
I see we had a quick visit from Lee tonight ,but no post .we will have to wait some more.

Dave
PM
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: witcher 3
Posted: 27th Sep 2016 23:15 Edited at: 27th Sep 2016 23:15
....soon

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2016 23:19
I did say
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz
8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on

Attachments

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
There ya go ... Lee has done some posting
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2016 00:29 Edited at: 28th Sep 2016 00:34
Quote: "There ya go ... Lee has done some posting "

Just looked at it,cool (should take some preasure of you mods now )

Dave
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2016 03:09
Hi All,

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated, and I wanted to fill the void with some progress and news on the current state of play with GameGuru. I did not realize my waffle was so much in demand! Firstly, thanks for the words and concerns, it was never my intention to inconvenience you until I had something worth reporting.

Thanks for the tip about the Twitch announcement, I have now edited the schedule to avoid misleading anyone else to my rare corner of the Twitch universe. Service will resume on that channel when I have released (or about to release) V1.132 which will feature tweaks and of course, 2GB of new game making assets for you to try.

Since my holiday, I have been running around like a headless chicken making sure the TGC business stays viable with projects which will keep us going for a few more years, and specifically, gives us the time to complete the features for GameGuru as voted by you. I have almost finished spinning these plates now and got them on a perpetual spin rate, allowing me to return home to my GameGuru universe and the marvels of game making. Still need to make a few tweaks, but normal service is almost ready to resume.

That said, I have not allowed ten spinning plates to prevent me from continuing GameGuru development, and have some tweaks ready for V1.132 plus some high priority items I would like to deal with before release. Here is what I have so far:

V1.132
Fixed issue which caused 'hidelowfpswarning' in SETUP.INI to be ignored
Move LUA and AI processing to AFTER PHYSICS/PLR code in main loop so scripts have more up to date plr/camera values
Added new 'zdepth' field to entity FPE file which can disable the zdepth render order (it will draw like a HUD weapon)
Fixed issue of GUNSPEC 'textured' field not finding internal HUD.X model textures when it was blank (legacy medieval weapons)
Added 'usespotlighting' as field in GUNSPEC to control default as to whether projectile has dynamic spot lighting
Added 'usespotlighting=1' to Modern RPG weapon and Fantasy Staff weapon to ensure they use spot lighting
SCIFI PACK: Updated Buildings and Interiors with correct AI obstacle settings
Changed geometry for Light marker so you can better manipulate in 3D free flight mode
New GAMEDATA.LUA that now supports global tables (thanks to feature and bug work by that fine fellow; Rickie Allen)
Added extra functionality which disables auto-removal of dead characters if ALWAYS ACTIVE is YES
Fixed bug in LUA spawn command which confused the entity parent ID (would cause strange behaviors)
Fixed issue of repeated calls to SetObjectEffect internally when SetFogRed(x), etc is called (performance hit!)

In addition, the 2GB of extra assets are assembled and tested, and will be delivered in the form of an optional DLC download (free) so those with a poor bandwidth do not have to download 6GB of GameGuru before they can drop in their first start marker. I hope to expand this optional DLC a few more Gigabytes before we draw a line under it. I'm not sure who I'm competing with by releasing 6GB of game ready assets for $20, but I think 10GB as a goal is a nice round number.

I also plan to radically update the Steam product page which I have been reliably informed is, to put it kindly, a work of fiction. It professes many things, misleads by misdirection and omits some very blatant home truths. Primarily, we promise users they can create finished games and sell them. The unintended interpretation is that the would-be purchaser can create triple-A games and match the sales statistics of a top Steam title, which of course is crazy talk for a product that is very much in development with large holes running through it. I will be taking the opportunity to describe the new things we have added over the last two years since the text was originated, but I am certain a good portion of our negative Steam reviews stem directly from the fact we painted a picture of paradise, and gave them a sort of hell. I'd prefer lower sales with informed users, than lots of sales with frustrated, disillusioned users. Hopefully a face-lift for the shop-front will serve to remedy any misinformation being projected.

The much anticipated EBE (Easy Building Editor) has taken a serious knock to development with my absence from full-time GG coding, but you will be pleased to know it was already at 80% when I went on holiday, and the hard parts had been solved. By moving V1.132 tweak and asset update forward I am able to give you something new to chew on while I give myself the time to complete the first phase of the Easy Building Editor and ensure its a solid little tool by the time we release V1.14. Most beta testers liked the taster build back in August, and some good feedback came in which confirmed some ideas I had myself for the first version, so hopefully you won't have to wait too long beyond V1.132 for the update you have been waiting for.

In my role of overseer to the forums, emails and support, I have also formed an impression from the community that you would prefer I cease to concentrate on adding features from the voting board and instead focus on what are termed 'core' elements. Elements that do not lend themselves to a single description, but exist as the space between features. Such esoteric elements as performance, bugs in the tool chain, bugs in the game play and essential access to vital parts of the engine (without which the game author is condemned to wait). I tempts me to forgo the next item on the voting board for V1.15 and address what are being termed 'essential' items.

An example would be A.I. The plan was to create some new C++ code with perhaps NavMesh style 3D path-finding to traverse building entities and EBE constructions, which would have given rise to more hard coding (i.e. heading away from an open engine). Perhaps instead, I add a raft of LUA commands which make the definition of floor spaces, connection nodes, scene markers, path-finding, timing, sequence databases and other aspects of a good AI system accessible entirely through LUA commands. This would mean once the foundation AI commands are in place, my work is done and the work of the scripting community starts. No more waiting for the feature which lets the enemy jump through a window mid-way through his chase of the player, it would be entirely controlled from within a script. The 'he jumped through a fourth floor window' feature would be as much a surprise to me. In this example, the essential work would be in creating the LUA commands and testing them, not creating the specific behavior for every conceivable style of AI the end user might want.

When bad reports are not talking about graphics, or general compatibility issues, they often center on the limited capabilities of what you can do with the games engine, and the above approach would go a long way to addressing these concerns. The responsibility would be rightly shifted back to where it belongs, the game developer, leaving poor little me to continue breaking open the closed world the engine currently resides in.

In answering forum posts today, I came across a thread which caught my attention and I invite you to seek it out if you have not already found and contributed to it, which is the idea of entirely ripping out the old DX9 engine GameGuru currently sits on, and replacing it with a Unity technology layer. Such a move would decouple responsibility for all engine maintenance, leaving only the application side to contend with. The benefits are obvious, but you would be saddled with additional license restrictions about what you can do with what you create (the price you pay for a world-class engine). it will be interesting to see how that thread evolves

It was suggested I post something more than a place-holder paragraph, and I hope I've given you something to chew on for the next few days. By the end of the week I will have completed my additional tests of V1.132 and should be in good shape to share with my beta testers, so expect an update in the not too distant future!

Again, sorry for the black-out, it's not my custom to stay silent (as anyone who knows me will certainly attest), but when you're putting out fires in your house, you don't stop to check your emails Happy game making and rest assured.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 28th Sep 2016 09:29 Edited at: 28th Sep 2016 09:34
Quote: " Honkeyboy: I did say "

Dude, if you're going to do something, do it right

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:07:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:07:15