Product Chat / FPSC Model Pack to GameGuru

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all, i just bought GameGuru on Steam and i want to know if a can install the FPSC Model to Game Guru.

Thans for reading me

Zidane Akli
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there Welcome to the forums ...

Many of the fps creator packs have been made open source and many have already been converted by Teabone and can be downloaded here ..
http://freetoronto.org/gameguru/

If you want to convert your own FPSC Levels or create new ones to convert there are tools that can be purchased here ...
http://www.gamegurutools.co.uk/

Also in the next update there are around 2.5 gig of FPSC assets and characters being included so it may pay to wait and see what you get ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
R4LiX
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, thanks for your reply, why i cant export old weapons of FPSC Model Pack ?

Zidane Akli
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2016 19:10 Edited at: 12th Sep 2016 20:49
Quote: "Hi, thanks for your reply, why i cant export old weapons of FPSC Model Pack ? "

These are 2 different engines ... If you had the knowledge of creating weapons and rigging you could probably easily do this as some have from scratch.
Or its possible to manually import them but its not for the faint hearted ...lots of files to modify and Gunspecs to change.
Other than that you could use the weapon welder from the link above ... Much easier and done in seconds ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 12th Sep 2016 20:17 Edited at: 12th Sep 2016 20:50
Quote: "Hi, thanks for your reply, why i cant export old weapons of FPSC Model Pack ? "

FPSC is not GameGuru, those models only work in FPSC, to get them to work in GameGuru they have to be converted.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2016 20:41
@R4LiX-If you are able to give me an idea of which FPSC weapons in which model packs you want to convert, I can test it on my weapon welder and see if they convert ok.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
R4LiX
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Bored of the Rings, can you try to export FPSC Model Pack 5, and 6.

Thanks you all

Zidane Akli
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2016 15:04 Edited at: 14th Sep 2016 15:53
@R4LiX-ok I tested the first weapon from both model pack5 and 6 and work ok using the weapon welder app. I'll upload a video showing both those weapons bering converted and working in GameGuru shortly
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2016 18:04 Edited at: 27th Sep 2016 07:57
here is a video showing Weapon Welder converting a couple of FPSC weapons from model pack 5 and 6 and showing that they work in GameGuru.
[update-the hand texture has come out incorrect, this is because the HUD X file needs to be exported back out without the groups and also the .tga references in the X file need changing to DDS. The ICON.png file can also be resized in paint.net or similar package, I will be updating the code in the program to export to .png]

Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 02:26
Quote: "here is a video showing Weapon Welder converting a couple of FPSC weapons from model pack 5 and 6 and showing that they work in GameGuru."

It looks like gun texture map is being applied to the hand mesh.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1024x1280
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 07:00
Yes, you are correct-this is something that can only be fixed outside the software. I usually use Framotion to correct the texturing. I'll see if I can fix it in a modelling package.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2016 13:06 Edited at: 26th Sep 2016 13:07
ah yes of course, silly me, forgot to remove the groups on export. I also created _N and _S textures for the hand,gun and ammo, but the X file also had to saved out in text format as it was in binary form. The texture filename suffix had to be changed from .tga to .dds. See attached pic. There is still some extra stuff I could do with the hand texturing, but for now just did some basic post welder processing.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:08:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:08:57