Work In Progress / Zone 9

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2016 23:25
They locked my last thread so, just so y'all know, I'm still working on this, and I think i may have figured out how to pre-bake the lighting, and if so, I'll be able to have a less rural area with more than just a sunlight in this game possibly. unless I can figure that out though, here's the game so far

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3:

there are videos in the old thread of levels 3 and 2, but I've updated them since those vids so they're not quite current and I won't post them here. I don't consistently work on GG/FPSC stuff anymore but that doesn't mean I don't wanna see if i can at least make a whole gameguru game
Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 8th Jul 2016 08:16 Edited at: 8th Jul 2016 08:19
Your initial WIP post was automatically locked because it hadn't been posted in for 90 days, you can contact any of the moderators and ask them to unlock it for you.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2016 14:53
Yo! You could have just hit me up, I'd had resurrected your old thread. You still want me to do that and lock/delete this one?

Your work is still pretty good. I can understand that you put less of your time into GG/FPSC but you're still getting good results. The whole lighting thing seems something you still need to get 'round to but decent otherwise!

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2016 02:40
well then get on skype and try and walk me through it again because last time i remember the results disappointing me endlessly!

you should delete the old thread. this one is cleaner!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2016 03:26

Decided to turn this into a single player Insurgency Fan/joke/tribute game for the comedy, also because I have been playing insurgency lately
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2016 05:56

pre-bake got level 3 looking nicer! I also changed some effects and added a little fog. I'll post level 1 pictures soon but I think rendering all that lighting might have killed my computer because my screen is flashing now lol.
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2016 18:45
Dude, this is what I'm talking about. Very nicely done. Your level design, background elements, color choices, light choices, etc are all top notch. Superbly done. I absolutely love your use of vertical terrain.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2016 21:59
thank you so much bolt action gaming!

Pre-bake's got level 1 looking pretty okay as well, but this building seems to have ignored the need to cast a shadow, as well as some of the stuff near it. anyone know why this might be?

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2016 03:28
I replaced the 3 death sounds with sounds a little more hilarious and now game guru will simply not run a test game, giving me RUNTIME ERROR 3002 () with no other data than that. no other changes have been made but gameguru became unusable with a simple change of sound files. Not something I'd ever come to expect from any other game engine, but from TGC I can't believe I didn't see it coming.

Does anyone know why this has happened? The sound files are all a little bit larger/longer than the originals, but i deleted the originals as I swapped the files as I assumed that such a small transgression in the files wouldn't completely ruin gameguru

anyways help would be much appreciated
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2016 01:07

Level 2 looking good after the prebake! (had to kinda mess the sounds up to get the runtime error to go away, sure hope i can get it to play my custom terrorist noises, as they never seem to want to in test
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 18:33
I think WIP threads shouldn't have an expiry date. If so, one much longer than a few months.

wonderful screenshots Bugsy
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 21:42
This is already released, Teabone.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 22:41
Thanks for letting me know, I'm rarely in the other areas other forums here (including here).
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2016 00:48
forgot to mention that I guess lol
go see it in the showcase here

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:14:45
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:14:45