Product Chat / I feel like making a FAR CRY clone, maybe?

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2016 23:55
Not sure if this post should go here or WIP, please move it if it's in the wrong place .

As a big fan of Medal of Honor and Far Cry, Call of Duty, Witcher, Metal Gear Solid etc, I thought it was about time to put away my proggy hands and put on my game making thinking cap. So thought I'd have a go at making some levels that might be similar to Far Cry. Now I know I can use various model programs and generate some characters using Mixamo/Autodesk/Makehuman and import them, I'd like to see what GameGuru is really capable of with the features we have so far, so loads of LUA etc will come in handy. So anyway, I shall go away and see what I can up with.

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 15th May 2016 01:08
Awesome, looking forward to seeing what you create BOTR

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2016 08:16
thanks Cybernescence it will make a change from developing for a while.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2016 18:03
So, good feeling.
I think we have already a lot of ingredients to make this sort of game, even vehicles like in far cry.
TransportToFreezePosition(), to shoot from your boat, closest to the choreline, and so on.

3com

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2016 22:17
@3com-thanks for the tip, will have a play around with TransportToFreezePosition()

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 07:54:38
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 07:54:38