Product Chat / No more news?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2016 18:30
what are the news from Game Guru dev???
in the news the last news is from 29 april, with the "bundle".
What about the development?
PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
there has been lots of news, only its been buried within forum replies, here's the gist of it

physics weight and friction have been fixed and now work with ragdoll to, Sound functions have been added to Lua, a super cool looking ambient occlusion shader has been added and FBX has had some tweaks, I think its in beta test so we should see it soon
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2016 02:42 Edited at: 12th May 2016 03:21
In other words the news is spread through a bunch of threads with titles which have no relationship with news at all so folks can't find it. There is a big NEWS button up top where it should be posted so folks don't lose interest in the software.

I used to enjoy Lee's blog where you got daily updates on progress, so it is kind of ironic that this stopped but they still find time to post it in a bunch of separate threads where it will remain known only to a few who are making requests for non voting features.

A sticky thread at the least, where users can be pointed to any relevant updates would work better, rather than responding to individuals only.
There used to be a subscription news which dropped right into my e-mail every month from TGC which at least was regular and I always read it through, even the DBP and AGK sections so it informed me of other products as well.

This sporadic and spread out way of updating users on whats going on is pretty much buried. I don't tend to follow up on threads that don't have a title which is related to product.
I have no interest in the EBE at this point and it is the little things that perhaps TGC feel aren't so important, cos it only took a little time to implement it. I know we get a change log every update with these in it but you will get something to look forward to with users who might have an interest in the little things as much as the big updates.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
From the Beta side there's a lot going on in fact we had another update on it today ....
Lee is actually busy coding and fixing reports so don't worry things are happening
Perhaps when he gets a breather he will update some news ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2016 03:32 Edited at: 12th May 2016 03:33
I know the Beta has a lot going into it and that every update we got a lot to play with. All the same I am talking about news that informs what this may be and how it is performing. I know you are under NDA and can't discuss it but I am talking about features which Lee himself tells users on the forums when he implements something 'extra'. The fact is that news is thin on the ground unless your willing to sit and read through all threads to find it. Fair enough, but I think it would be better to at least get something out weekly, personally I need updates to keep interested and I believe others would feel the same.
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2016 04:01
I agree with Rolfy. While I want the team to spend as much time as possible working on the engine, what is good for those outside the forum is also good for those of us already here. Whenever I check the forums, there are almost always more anonymous users than those that are logged on. Many may be from the Steam forums and may already own the product, or they may be people interested in the product but on the fence on whether to purchase. These are the people that are less likely to scour the forum for information. Some may be simply lurking (lol, as I did for many years in the DBPro forums), but nonetheless they all have an interest! GG news may be the only way some get their info. In fact, many regulars have left the forums over the past year or so, saying they would be back when the engine matures. I'd bet they only read the news for updates at best.
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2016 06:19
I too miss Lee's blog, I regularly click on the news button to see what's going on with the product, but it's a bit lacking lately which is quite disappointing, not a fan of hidden news within threads bring back Lees blog
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2016 08:09
Quote: "bring back Lees blog "

The Czech-Austrian Indie faction supports this request!
AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
I liked Lee's blog too
However I agree that keeping progress reports updated is important, it always feels nicer and more professional to get a product when you know it gets frequent updates (news or patches) and if you see something which hasn't been updated for ages and no news for ages either... Well that's enough to put you off purchasing right there.

We don't need huge, once a day news updates though, just something once a week to tell us about the weeks work.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 12th May 2016 10:22
I'd like a live camera feed in Lees office 24/7 so we can see that he's still working please.

i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2016 11:26
@belidos-that sounds like stalking to me ha
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2016 12:01
Quote: "@belidos-that sounds like stalking to me ha "

Wha can I say? I dig da cody man :p

i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I think priorities have changed this year. More work on GG, less on the other stuff. I could be wrong of course, but that is how it seems. I used to like the daily blog as well, although it sometimes amounted to nothing more than a tale of how well Lee did at Snooker

I agree an update once a week at least would help keep more people interested. That said I think Lee being seen to visit his own forums fairly regularly does look much better than the old once every 3-4 months he used to do

I'll also say I've seen more movement in small features over the last couple of months than I have in ages. Keep it up!

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2016 15:27
I do love Lee coming to the underground and speaking with the town; but also love Lee's blog.
Anyway as Dvader say about the new small features, I think, perhaps not time for both now (coding & blog)

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Johno 15
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2016 16:48
Might as well join the crowd and reminisce about Lee's great daily blog. I know there is a lot going on with the engine and such but I did find it nice come home from work nightly and read about Lee and his antics, his snooker, Guinness and steak pies. I don't mind if its been cut back this year but it'd still be nice to hear what's going on even weekly! Anyways that's my 2 cents worth, as long as the engine progresses steadily we don't really have much to complain about
'Judge a man not by his answers. But by his questions.'
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2016 17:25
Quote: "bring back Lees blog "
Got my vote.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't forget the Twitch Stream each week. There's normally a bit of news in that as well. Also a good place to ask questions you may have and be answered live. Obviously the time slot is awkward for most people, but you can watch it afterwards of course. If you can't make the live stream perhaps post a question into the relevant thread. That way you may get a video devoted to it even if you can only watch afterwards.

Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
It is not easy for me to always fight through the forums to find new, because my English is not so good. The weekly news were always a good place to start. It would not be every week, yes, but every 2 weeks would be all right. The bundled News from the Forum were always interesting.

mfLg
PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
I miss the dev blog and news.
Julian
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2016 19:57 Edited at: 13th May 2016 20:03
Actually ....( Thinking about it )
Didn't Lee did say somewhere whilst he's working on the Easy Build Editor he wouldn't post anything until he had something to show us .... Could have been the Twitch ??

Perhaps that's why he hasn't for a while ?
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2016 20:04 Edited at: 13th May 2016 22:20
Quote: "Lee did say somewhere whilst he's working on the Easy Build Editor he wouldn't post anything until he had something to show us ...."
Far as I could tell he was referring to news on the EBE, there are a lot of other smaller features which could be newsworthy, it's up to TGC but no progress info you get no interest and reduced sales not to mention those users who drop off since they have no idea whats going on.
If y'all think we should follow the Twitch broadcasts in hope of something new being mentioned then remove the NEWS tab and replace it with a link to videos though news may be unrelated to the theme of the broadcast so not ideal either. I don't sit through a video hoping to catch a little news unless the theme interests me.

Also being on the Beta list and telling folks "lots is going on don't worry about it" is about as useless as it gets for users not on the Beta list.
I am on the Beta list for different reasons so I know whats going on but for other users the lack of progress updates must be frustrating and nothing really happening.
Lee's last Twitch broadcast was real interesting with SAO being put in, don't know how many are aware of it or watched this but not much said around here, if there is it's probably buried in a thread which doesn't shout 'NEWS'. Anything Lee discusses and says openly like this in a public Twitch broadcast is no longer NDA within the context and should be news put out to everyone.

There used to be regular weekly news when SC was in charge of it, if he cant for whatever reason then TGC need to find someone to fill the gap, it's a big part of keeping the product alive and kicking.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2016 22:15
Fear not, the dev blog has not gone away, I simply gave the recent announcement of the Raspberry Pi release and the Unlimited Bundles enough time at the top of the news section. Normal service will resume next week, and will feature the recent work that has gone into V1.131
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Makes scene, both pretty big news items, looking forward to the update
PM
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2016 18:43
i HOPE Lee is going to release some good news soon!!!
cycleops
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Fallout 4
Posted: 18th May 2016 04:21
I also am missing Lee's blog, I use to look forward to reading it everyday. Now I just check the news page periodically and fondly remember the good old days when GameGuru was FPSC Reloaded and we got daily updates from Lee......................... where o where has FPSC Reloaded gone?
PC-I7-3770K 3.9Ghz / 32gbRam/ 2xGTX 970 SLI

Laptop-Asus ROG G750Jm/ 24GB Ram/ GTX860m

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I actually couldn't see the value in the unlimited bundles for those who have already purchased lots of items. I have virtually all of them already, so cannot see why the bundle is supposed to appeal. It's not as if the DLC is that expensive in the first place... More for new users I guess, but doubtful they would check out the news section much in comparison to regulars.

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2016 17:45
I'm glad to see it is coming back I was starting to think TGC was going out of business .
Ham and Eggs Breakfast

The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed

AGK Community Tester
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2016 14:48
Im thinking the same thing
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2016 14:57 Edited at: 20th May 2016 14:58
Quote: "I was starting to think TGC was going out of business . "

Really because Lee hasn't done his Daily blog
If that was the case I would be paranoid about my other engines on Steam ....
I rarely hear a thing from them
PM
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2016 11:39
still no news at all
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2016 12:01
If you watch the last twitch broadcast you will know exactly why there hasn't been any news, and that the news will start rolling out again soon.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "still no news at all "

Did you read Lees post explaining ..... About 8 above this one
PM
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2016 13:17
I too miss the little updates . Not much has changed over the past 2 weeks ?
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2016 13:21
every time i try to watch twitch broadcast it doesn't work :s so i can't tell you
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2016 14:00
Quote: "still no news at all "

Also, between your last post and the one quoted was two days, a Saturday and Sunday, they don't work weekends, so how did you expect some news between then?

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2016 18:15 Edited at: 23rd May 2016 19:14
Yeah well Lee said in his post "Normal service will resume next week", the date was 14th May 2016 03:15, getting over a week now, I am not complaining and I can wait but imothep85 posted today the 23rd, it's Monday and another week so I see no reason for anyone around here to be 'sorting' him out.

I am asking the same question so lets see how many of the forum 'polis' feel like jumping all over me for it.
imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2016 09:51
comme on last news is from "Posted on Friday, 29th April 2016 2:42 PM"
for users it's very important to keep them informed about game guru updates.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2016 10:15
Quote: "Yeah well Lee said in his post "Normal service will resume next week", the date was 14th May 2016 03:15, getting over a week now, I am not complaining and I can wait but imothep85 posted today the 23rd, it's Monday and another week so I see no reason for anyone around here to be 'sorting' him out.

I am asking the same question so lets see how many of the forum 'polis' feel like jumping all over me for it."

If last week he said next week normal service would be resumed then I would say around Tuesday/Wednesday is when we will see the news, that's historically around when he posted them. If after that there's still none I would start getting worried, but not before.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2016 16:29
Sorry for the delay in normal service, seems I had a zillion little things to do that added up I will make a point to post a dev blog today, and get you all up to date. The Unlimited bundle is a new service from Steam which allows anyone who is missing a DLC to get it at a discount (and sometimes at a double discount when the DLC is also on offer). It's a good idea as you don't need to buy an item twice which was the case before the Unlimited bundle system (and who doesn't want a double discount)
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

imothep85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2016 19:28 Edited at: 24th May 2016 19:30
Thanks Lee i read the news about the version 1.131, looks interresting to test.
I work in movie industry (vfx digital mattepainting / set design) and my goal is to test this engine with 3ds max, export my scenes inside game guru to see what can i get with a serious result, my goal is to achieve something amazing, but at this stage its too hard to get a good result.
Why i prefer GG, because you don't need to start working with tons of parametters like UE4 with game guru i export in fbx and test the result directlly, well still need to test textures, normal maps also.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2016 20:19 Edited at: 24th May 2016 21:05
Quote: "If last week he said next week normal service would be resumed then I would say around Tuesday/Wednesday is when we will see the news, that's historically around when he posted them. If after that there's still none I would start getting worried, but not before."
Would have been last week then...right? I suggest you check the dates quoted next time and leave the moderation of the forums to the mods.

When users feel the urge to come down on other users for posting what they consider an annoying question, there is a solution, go read something else. I always believed the policy is 'nothing constructive to say...don't say anything'.

It's nothing personal, this rule prevents the forum becoming a flaming battlefield and cliquey like some others are.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2016 21:17 Edited at: 24th May 2016 21:20
Quote: "When users feel the urge to come down on other users for posting what they consider an annoying question"

I wasn't coming down on anyone thank you very much, I explained how to find out why lee hadn't posted and asked him a question which was to explain why there had been no response between his last two posts, I may have sounded a bit blunt, but it wasn't meant that way.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2016 21:30 Edited at: 24th May 2016 21:45
Quote: "and asked him a question which was to explain why there had been no response between his last two posts"

You were condescending...period and I will explain it for you...there is a backlog of news waiting to be released not jut a weekend. If you want to carry this on there is a solution for that also...feel free to pm me
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2016 23:31
Well if I did sound condescending then I apologise, it was not intended, i was just passing info on in quick short responses, my apologies to imothep.

lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2016 13:22 Edited at: 13th Jun 2016 19:19
Rest in peace, GameGuru information channels... weekly news, blog, Twitch...

I really loved the blog.
Julian
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 08:11:37
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 08:11:37