3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Put weapon on a rig.

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 13:03 Edited at: 1st Apr 2016 13:41
Hello everyone, I have been trying to put a knife that I have on to the rig that has a knife in the fantasy module. I have managed to replace that knife with mine and also joined my knife to the bones so that when it animates my knife moves with it.

I have also created a new folder and changed everything in it so that it is used by the fpe that I put in the weapons folder. Everything works great when I put it in GG except when I pick the knife up all the textures are wrong. I had a look at the gun_D.dds and discovered that it had the original knife dds, so I put my knives dds into it, but it is still wrong. Does anyone know what I might have done wrong.

EDIT: The hand and weapon seem all shiny.

Thanks
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 10), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 19:29
The brightness on the diffuse map needs to be dropped quite a bit, and the specular map needs an alpha channel, where black is no specularity. and white is full specularity. It's pretty sensitive, so an rgb of 20,20,20 will be pretty shiny. The main channel of the specular map also affects the specularity, so it gets pretty confusing. If you create a specular map with Mindtex or whatever program you use for that, you can just add the alpha channel to that image and play around until you get the hang of it.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 08:26 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2016 08:27
what effect file does it use ? is it the default GG weapon_basic.fx/weapon_bone.fx?
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 15:27
Thanks guys I have played with the maps and got rid of the gun_cube.dds and everything is fine. Thaks for your help.
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 10), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:56:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:56:37