Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 03:20
more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Love it ! and is that eggs being thrown I see. Really good work on animation and sync. All the best and looking forward to seeing more.
Define R4, i7, 8g, R7 360
PM
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 04:22
thanks Defy. no it is just a blue fireball but I wish I could do more with this. but guru lack a lot of gameplay mechanics. I know one day guru will get there but I wish that one day is this year. but at the rate things are going it looks like another year of waiting to be able to do things that don't have nothing to do with graphic or the easy editor builder. I'm just so against of that coming first. it would nice to make a side scrolling game if we had the right lock on mechanics and allow the player to shoot side ways. melee combat is needed in 3rd person. it would be nice to push for the next uncharted, Mario or Zelda with guru.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 04:35
Oh yes! I always wanted to make a psychedelic, colorful sidescroller
And your char is pretty good, by the way
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 08:08
enjoyed that, looks great and refreshing to see. good stuff
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 09:17
@Wolf thanks. yes me too.

@Bored of the Rings thanks. yes it is. tried of the same old first person need some change and better game mechanics. just can't wait for lee to add more to the 3rd person. this character also has a push animation. it would be awesome to see him push objects out the way.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 10:12
@MXS-wow would be brilliant to see the push animation in action, pretty exciting stuff
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 12:21
Fantastic looking character and the style of game takes me back to the good old days.
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 10), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 12:24 Edited at: 30th Mar 2016 12:28
Quote: "I'm just so against of that coming first. it would nice to make a side scrolling game if we had the right lock on mechanics and allow the player to shoot side ways. melee combat is needed in 3rd person. it would be nice to push for the next uncharted, Mario or Zelda with guru."

I have to agree .... personally i think GG needs the fully functioning 3rd person genre for Diversity of Fps only...
Fully functioning 3rd person characters including the Character Creations ... This would enable 3D isometric style games , Platform games, top down shooters .... I think GG is missing a great opportunity here by not getting this implemented ASAP from a new user and sales perspective ..
It would be nice to make my old demo or similair a reality as well..
BTW...Awsome character you have there MSX .... We could do with more of these on the store

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 12:36
@Synchromesh-that demo was fantastic very impressive, yes TGC really need to get more implemented
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 13:07
@TazMan thanks. yes that what I want to go for that old school 3d like Mario 64 but with better graphic which guru already have.

@synchromesh thanks. yes the main game mechanics missing in that beautiful demo you have is to be able to shoot side ways. if we could be given that plus more tracers like bullet and laser it would be a beautiful thing for guru. sales will hype up just knowing you can complete a game like this in guru in hours. I feel first person will gain from this either way but 3rd person and other platforms will take game development to a new level for guru. also with the add on to enable the xbox control will make gameplay more fun and interesting. we maybe can't put guru game on other machines but at least people will be able to play our game with a game controller. now you can see why I'm pushing for these game mechanics to be in guru now. why wait a whole anther year if Lee could off the back just complete wait he already started in guru. everything is there it just a little more TLC.lol

I plan to bring more character into 3rd person but really need this to be completed by Lee to show more of what can be done.

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 13:46
Fantastic ! MXS
I'm not quite sure, but I think I have noticed that the player tries to pick rock, when he falls to the ground.
Love Zelda.
I would like a 3º person char, with the "Tomb Rider" movements.
We need more camera control., even more cameras to play with.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Mariokiki
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys !

I'm quite of your opinion regarding 3rd person possibility in GG.

I would also like to make a game "3d old school" like "Sphinx et la Malédiction de la Momie" (French title) or Zelda style, even Mario style...

Regarding graphics, I think GG is the one to realyse it, but we need more camera control, player movements, in short, everything that is necessary for this kind of game :

- Push some blocks
- Move to mobile platforms
- Activate switches

I hope that GG will improve these characteristics, because I bought it only in order to achieve this kind of game ...
Glad to see that I'm not the only one to enjoy this kind of games.

I cross my fingers for the futur of GG in this way !

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice looking character there, we certainly need more of these types of graphics to help us get any platform games done After making my Easter Demo, I found myself looking for more cartoon stuff to help make more levels, and there's not much about. It's times like that when you wish you were more into Blender.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Mariokiki
Years of Service
User Offline
@DVader,

what do you need ?

I can perhaps help you ?
PM
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 00:19
hey guys thanks. now imagine if guru had an option screen to choose the character you wish to play. here is the girl.

@Mariokiki yes those things would be great to have in a guru game.
@DVader yes there is so much more cartoon models out there on the internet.
@3com nope only the basic animation.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 09:07
fantastic, really good to see this evolving-would never believe it's GameGuru, well done
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Mariokiki, Thanks for the offer. I'm not entirely sure what I need at the moment, mostly some more variety with the scenery for later levels and such. Very possibly some simple enemies as well. A few extra lua commands would be nice too Will have to wait for Lee to sort those though!

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Dagger_Valley
Years of Service
User Offline
It's nice to see Third Person is advancing in GG. Really looking forward to being able to create a Third Person Shooter.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 02:48:38
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 02:48:38