Product Chat / GG stops showing texture?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I been working on this model for a few days, exporting to GG from blender and looking good, I work a little more on the model, nothing changed but the mesh, not touched the fpe or texture and GG is no longer showing the texture ......

this happend twice, I started a new .blend and exported a small cube, hey I had textures again, open the original .blend and make a small cube and no texture, its like blender just stopped telling GG where the texture is or lost the UV.s or something I dunno but nothing I try and export from that particular blend file will show a texture, even scrapped the model and replaced with a basic textured cube.... no texture!

so its got corrupted I thinks, and start again from scrach, testing as I go, all good till last export where GG is now refusing to show the texture again..... this is becoming overly annoying and I'm nats wisker away from giving up completely

anyone had issues like this with blender+GG?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
So your folder does contain the model, texture and fpe file yes ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
yes there all in there, it was working, looking good, I went and edited the model some more and suddenly the textures will not show, nothing I export from that particular blend file will show a texture .... but it was, the only thing to change was the mesh

Sequence of events:
model is working fine>>>
close GG>>
delete old .dbo>>
export new .x>>
reload GG>>

model now not showing texture!

only thing I can think of is, there's lots of objects in my model I'v yet to merge and delete doubles, is there an object limit? im only exporting selected objects but even if I select a single object or create a new single object and export that still no texture

I deleted a bulk of the objects and left only a handfull, exported and the textures show again, ctrl+z the delete, export and no textures... it appears like I'm hitting some kind of object limitation

what Im doing is building a road map in blender with textures from the London pack I was hoping to drop into GG as a single model, using 100x100x5 cubes I texture them and build my map like you would in FPSC with a view to merge vertices on the large sections when its complete but I'm not getting off the starting blocks, guess I need to rethink my modeling tactics

any pointers on that one.... I almost had Notting Hill finish!! lol
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2016 03:15 Edited at: 27th Mar 2016 03:17
I don't use blender but at a guess you are leaving the texture field in the .fpe blank for multi textures. If so it is your export settings you need to ensure you aren't exporting full paths and uncompressed. There is also a limit on how many textures you can export for GG multi texturing this may also be a problem, shouldn't make any difference how many objects but textures are limited I reckon. I try not to use multi textures but in some cases it is unavoidable.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2016 13:37
6 textures if you are going to use baked lighting,

Real time lighting should be able to have more.

20,000 polygon limit per object for the models.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2016 14:11
I've tried up to 9 for testing, with not to avail, so 9 is the limit nowaday, I though.

Quote: "only thing I can think of is, there's lots of objects in my model I'v yet to merge and delete doubles, is there an object limit?"

Do not listes nothing about limits, anyway looks like GG manage better those kind of objects, when you collapsed them, in your 3d app.

Hidden objects and export just the visible ones, is some option, anyway I prefer to make backup with the meshes I want to export; I know Bond1 export feature have some option about it. (do not export hidden); but I prefer make a backup.

If you decide collapse mesh, firts do a backup of the file, before do nothing.

I thought when you say not texture, you meant you are getting black mesh?
How many textures are you using for?

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
I am only using a single texture, and yes that's what I'm getting is a black mesh in GG, Ill see if I can recreate the file with royalty free images and I'll post it

like i said I deleted a bunch of objects and cleared down to a single layer and it started showing textures again, there was 130 objects, had to get it down to 20ish for GG to show the texture....... its very strange.... and very annoying! lol
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2016 18:01
Check texture paths in the object file
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah the textures are there, all present and correct, it only stops showing them after I add x amount of objects, I was cheating see, using blender as a kind of segment editor and maybe went a bit overboard, anyhow for now I give up and goner try your Seg tool ... if I can ever figure out how to save a segment in FPSC.... sure I bookmarked a link to a forum post but cannie find it and google aint helping much lol!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:00:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:00:35