Product Chat / My "Extract" Tool Don't Extract Anything?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 05:05
Hello all,
I have a small issue with my "extract" tool.
When selecting an entity, I click on "extract" and it moves the original entity and does not make a copy of it. I click again and it just plants down the original entity. In short, nothing is being duplicated, it just picks up the selected entity and I can move it around, I've tried multiple clicks, I've tried shift-clicking, etc... I can't get an entity to duplicate! All it does is grab the original model and move it! Am I missing something or is there some sort of problem?
Thanks in advance.
Windows:

At Least The hour Glass Works
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 06:31 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2016 07:00
[edit-didn't read post correctly]

Were you doing this in v 1.121? - I just tested, it works fine. Try verifying local files via steam. If it still doesn't work, maybe request help on the right side of the web page.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 07:45 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2016 07:47
Quote: "Hello all,
I have a small issue with my "extract" tool.
When selecting an entity, I click on "extract" and it moves the original entity and does not make a copy of it. I click again and it just plants down the original entity. In short, nothing is being duplicated, it just picks up the selected entity and I can move it around, I've tried multiple clicks, I've tried shift-clicking, etc... I can't get an entity to duplicate! All it does is grab the original model and move it! Am I missing something or is there some sort of problem?
Thanks in advance."

Clicking extract without holding shift re- selects it ..

It has always done that .... To make a copy ...you select it ..... Hold shift ...click extract ....
click once to leave the original and then move the the mouse and the duplicate
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
eyequeue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 07:57
Thanks for the reply
Indeed it is version 1.121 that was just released.
It was doing it on the previous version too.
I have tried downloaded models as well as stock models.
To clarify the issue:
Hovering over an object highlights it in red... no problem..
Clicking the object removes the highlight and brings up the widget menu as well as the position modifiers. Red and green squares etc..
Clicking on "Extract" makes the red highlight return and the object is then stuck on the mouse cursor and it moves with the mouse cursor. Clicking again drops the object. It's as if I moved it. No copy is made.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I've only had Game Guru for about a week so I might be the issue. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I've tried it several times with the same result.
Is the procedure I'm doing correct?
Windows:

PM
eyequeue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 08:13
Thanks synchromesh,
That worked, It was the old B.M.A.C. Error lol Between Monitor And Chair! hehee.
Weird way of doing it but at least it works!
Got it all sorted now..
Thanks again and happy Easter!
Windows:

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 22:56:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 22:56:49