3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Cathedral Construction Kit (WIP)

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2015 15:19
Following a recent trip to the cathedral at La Man in France I thought a kit that allowed the user to build various styles of a large church or cathedral would make a good addition to GameGuru.

Below are some pictures of the kit in early design. I thought the Nave and side aisles needed to be made as small complete sections of various styles that can be bolted together to form large or small Naves. See pictures 1, 2 and 3 below.

A central tower offering four way connection to connecting naves and aisles is shown in picture 4 with just two sides in place at the moment. Pictures 5 and 6 give a view of a more complete model.The kit will certainly need a crypt for those more sinister moments and I think a door off one of the aisles will be used for access. As the tower will be tall, about 100 scale feet I am thinking of putting stairs up to the balconies. I have still yet to design a chancel and end doors for the aisles etc as well as assorted pillars and other fittings.

As the kit will be large when complete and allow the game designer to design all manner of religious buildings of the larger type I have decided to make this both an inside and outside model so the player may enter from an outside location or escape from the terrors within. This outside view is partly shown in picture 6 below.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2015 15:27
Looks interesting...
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks Cool and a great idea !!
once we get the AI on all levels these module kits are going to be amazing to use..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
grobyken
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2015 18:04
Just completed the main part of the Chancel with a domed ceiling and side chapels.

The model below has been made up from just 3 of the components in the forthcoming pack being a combined Nave and Side Aisles module (6 used), the Central Tower module (one side removed to show the inside) and the Chancel module. As can be seen it will be very easy to make quite substantial buildings. This example is around 160 scale metres long by 35 scale metres at its highest point.

Attachments

TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2015 11:24
What a fantstic idea grobyken, I was thinking just a while back that we were short of religious buildings.
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 10), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree ... The more moduled packed themes the better
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2015 13:12 Edited at: 28th Oct 2015 16:05
fantastic work!!

export from SketchUp or later recreate it with another program ?
lighmapping with the models created with SketchUp does not work .....
you work?

or maybe export 3ds format ?

Sorry for my English
The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wings3d, paint.net, torque3d, AxixGameFactory, PD particles.......maybe blender
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2015 14:46
really great idea, can't wait to see more....
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
grobyken
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2015 23:48 Edited at: 29th Oct 2015 23:50
Bisella. Yes exported from Sketchup as 3DS model parts then assembled and textured.

Bored of the Rings. Started to texture now main components completed. The two pictures below show half of a nave module with an attached side aisle with inset seats, pillars and Norman arches. As can be seen the modules will allow for both interior and exterior models. Texturing is first attempt. Outside view needs rain ware, gargoyles ETC adding.

In far NW Scotland all next week in the middle of nowhere so if it rains I think I should get a chance to progress quite a bit.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 06:47:06
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 06:47:06