Product Chat (Early Access) / Will it improve Behavior panel?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I think the visual scripting system that gameguru max presents is promising, but I think it has been given too little importance. I was wondering if you will continue to improve it. Specifically, add the possibility to program the behaviour from the editor and not from the play option, add new commands to be able to program any object without using Lua (the most important game engine already have a competent visual script system, it would be great to get it in gameguru max) or improve the interface of this behaviour editor.

Will we see new options in future updates?

Thank you.
PM
Toxicclowd
Years of Service
User Offline
Not going to lie, I've also found it to be odd that you have to create a behavior in the editor, assign it to an entity, then run the game, then press tab twice before you can begin editing the logic of the behavior. It's because of this that I haven't even messed with the visual logic editor despite being one of the reasons I decided to purchase the early access a few months ago. I know the idea is to hide more advanced features from newbies but at the same time you should be able to create a new behavior and start editing it straight away, 2 clicks, easy peazy. While I do think it should still be editable in play mode as it is now so you can see changes in real time, there should also be a way to edit behaviors in the editor. As for commands, I don't know what commands are available for the visual editor or even Lua for that matter. I had looked into scripting guides for classic to learn the commands but I'm not sure what commands are still valid for Max as I know not all classic scripts are compatible. If anyone has a list of Lua commands for max or at least knows where to find it, I'd really appreciate the information, haven't dove to deep in the documentation yet, so maybe it's in there or maybe at least WILL be, I dunno. Anyway, yeah I agree, should definitely be easier to make custom behaviors and should be a central focus of the engine. Even Max's target audience of non-technical folks are likely to want to add some simple custom logic at some point. I feel like they should be putting out buttloads of tutorials on how to use the logic system to do different things. Anyway...I'm starting to rant, so I guess I'll just go now, lol.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2022 16:50
have you looked at the obvious scriptbank/global.lua , it's like the LUA commands bible for GG
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
Toxicclowd
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "have you looked at the obvious scriptbank/global.lua , it's like the LUA commands bible for GG
"

Thanks, that knowledge was floating in my head somewhere, but didn't resurface until you mentioned it.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2022 18:45
Anyway, the global.lua file should be unique for each engine, in other words, GG has its own and GGMax as well, after all, not all GG LUA commands are going to be compatible with the GGMax LUA environment. just my thoughts.
I'm sure when the time comes TGC will end up clearing global.lua file, removing the unneeded, and adding new toys to play with.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2022 20:06
Quote: "not all GG LUA commands are going to be compatible with the GGMax LUA environment"

99% of all GGC Lua commands work the same in MAX.

MAX has some new ones that are not present in GGC though.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2022 20:14
Quote: "MAX has some new ones that are not present in GGC though"

There might be a ton of them since GGMax has more features that GG does not.

memory mark 2584.8

PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2022 21:21
Quote: "There might be a ton of them since GGMax has more features that GG does not."

Not really. In fact we have probably lost more features than we have gained!
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2022 23:30
Quote: "Not really. In fact we have probably lost more features than we have gained!"

atm
I'm still waiting for the most wicked features, in GGMax.
After EA and without pressure, the team can afford those wicked features, and tweak the existing ones, plus deal with the existing and the new bugs, that for sure will come.
And the current GGMax develop state will mark the road map, though
We have taken into account that TGC has to include RPG, Puzzle, and can remember the other one, so, most features will come with the game theme (i.e inventory with RPG)
At least I hope so.

memory mark 2584.8

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 13:37:03