Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2022 16:10
I think I might have already asked this once. But Lee always says on his videos that the update will be on Fridays build. However, I can never download it until Saturday because on a Friday it just states that my version is up to date.

So, has anyone managed to update it today (Friday) and if so how?
Processor i9-9900k CPU@ 3.60GHZ
Ram 32GB
Windows 10 64bit
GeForce RTX 2060
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2022 16:25
probably because Lee doesn't release till early hours of Saturday sometimes
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
I've always been able to get the update on Friday, though they are often late on Friday. When and how late will depend on what part of the world you are. Lee is in England. A late Friday release for him could be a Saturday for some people or a Friday for others.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So, has anyone managed to update it today (Friday) and if so how?"

Not yet ..
Its only actually 5:41 PM here at the moment and at best Lee aims for 9 PM so nothing yet.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2022 06:20
It depends on the weeks.
Sometimes on Friday between 9 p.m. and midnight.
Sometimes on Saturday morning.
3D Test Computer (for Max) :
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 4460 - CPU 3.20 GHz (4 cores)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB)
16 GB Ram - SSD Hard Drive - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2022 11:55 Edited at: 29th Jan 2022 12:21
updated this mornming but , as usual , how on earth do you get out of the initial screen without having to make a project? horrible.

[edit]-I verified files, had to hide the taskbar on my desktop PC to see the option below:

Shame there no way (that I can see), to get into the main editor without creating a project. Let me guess, there's an option in developer mode, to turn said option on. yuk!! just my opinion. Let me have another look, rant rant ha
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D

Attachments

Login to view attachments
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "updated this mornming but , as usual , how on earth do you get out of the initial screen without having to make a project? horrible"

Tick the bottom " Skip Welcome Screen "
Create a project called " Default "
Then in the storyboard click the " Back arrow "
This will take you to the default map and will continue to load directly to that in future.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2022 12:24
thanks Synchro, but as I said above, I don't want to create a project, or is it mandatory now to create one? if that's the case, ok no worries, just sometimes I like to have a play without creating a default/test project. All was better once I verified files and hid my taskbar so I could see "skip welcome screen". I might have to change my resolution (ugh). ok, rants finished
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2022 14:55 Edited at: 29th Jan 2022 14:58
Unfortunately yes its mandatory to create one on the first initial start up and i voiced my feelings on it internally also
I think though its all part of the initial GameGuruApps configuration and it didnt seem so bad once i worked out the procedure above.
I know Leadwerks uses a similar method and does UDK or Unity ? I always assumed you had to create a project or Blueprint for those as well on initial start. I guess its just not what im used to either.
PM
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd also opened a request to simply start right at the editor. I don't see a reason why the end-user can't just go to the menu and select File>New Project for themselves if that's what they want. I know these other game engines force you to start by making a project and set up project folders for you, etc., but that doesn't mean that MAX should have to do that. In my opinion, why not treat this like any other piece of software? Just open up to the editor and let the end-user decide how they want to proceed from there?
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2022 16:50 Edited at: 29th Jan 2022 16:52
That's one good thing about a default is it always does go directly the the default map so you can still create \ save your maps and then you can go to the Story board at any time to create a project from those maps without interfering with the default project setting.
So at least we do have both options available.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 01:41:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 01:41:25