Product Chat (Early Access) / .Dbo file reader or editor ?

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 00:14
Hi guys ,
is there a .DBO file reader or editor available
that allows us to see the file and work with it and save it after ?

thx

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 07:22
i dont know but if you need i can create one of them.
Desktop: corei5, ram32, graphic card6GB
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtN6HMp1VEInALBZ89hmUBwfzqbeL9Wz/view?usp=sharing
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 09:36
Honestly, I would like to be able to edit DBO files as well.
However, we should have clarified that DBO is a TGC internal file, not the same as an X file it is DirectX from Microsoft.
DBO file is focused to protect the media, and any tool focused to break that rule with the intention of spreading/sharing it should be talked with TGC, as DBO owner. imho.
DBO may come in handy for standalone if you want to protect third-party media in your game.

@UNIRD12B
There is not any tool to do so, at least not atm, not sure about TGC sharing a tool like that; What it should do is assure DBO is updating the changes you do via fpe file, about changes made in the entity itself, if it comes from GGMax stock you can change textures as for example and is here when I said GGMax should update the DBO when running GGMax and scanning the fpe files to reflect those changes in the DBO file. And if it is a custom mesh, then you should have the fbx and/or obj file.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 09:46 Edited at: 14th Jan 2022 12:42
I ask them maybe they let us to do this... (Edited) We cant do this .... We dont have permission from tgc to do this.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtN6HMp1VEInALBZ89hmUBwfzqbeL9Wz/view?usp=sharing
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 14:58
yes I have both of those, although the editor is quite basic at the moment, but I can't release it, it's for my own use only. I do not use them for other engines only TGC products.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 16:05
Hi ,
im looking for it in order to
update and change the creature files
to change or add in animation steps
in order to use them in game.

UNIRD12B
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 16:13
well it's my own code, so you won't find it anywhere but my dev desktop.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 16:28 Edited at: 14th Jan 2022 19:07
hey BOTR ,
i didnt mean I was looking for your program specifically..
im just looking for a way to see inside the .dBO in order
to set up a new imported characters animation to be seen properly
by GGMAX in order to use it ingame.
Thx

UNIRD12B
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 16:49
Quote: "P.S. BOTR .....your code is actually pretty easy to find online..."

you won't find the source code for my stuff, not unless you've hacked my dev machine ha.
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 17:29
Quote: "you won't find the source code for my stuff, not unless you've hacked my dev machine ha."

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "P.S. BOTR .....your code is actually pretty easy to find online.."

If your referring to BOTR's older DBO converter then it wont work with the newer .dbo's
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 18:20
Yes the old dbo to x doesnt work with max. The new dbofastreader does but source code is not available. I have removed dbofastreader from autowelder tool and remote server as it's a closed format.
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 18:53 Edited at: 14th Jan 2022 19:07
ok got it,,,
thx

UNIRD12B
mikeven
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

Bored of the Rings wrote this :

Quote: "Yes the old dbo to x doesnt work with max. The new dbofastreader does but source code is not available. I have removed dbofastreader from autowelder tool and remote server as it's a closed format."

First of all I want you to be convinced of my respect for your valuable professional skills that you are sharing with this community.

Thank you for having taken that decision and I explain why with this screen capture :

Nevertheless in order to secure the protection of my GameGuru MAX's published projects I discovered that this tool "Vishnu Studio" ( https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/220726 ) generously offered by the member s4real (a GameGuru Master) is able to produce an encrypted version of a GameGuru MAX project.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2022 07:32 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2022 07:36
Quote: "i didnt mean I was looking for your program specifically..
im just looking for a way to see inside the .dBO in order
to set up a new imported characters animation to be seen properly
by GGMAX in order to use it ingame."

I can release a DBO viewer no problem (either a straightforward dump out or a nice looking UI), if you mean you want to see the actual data inside the object, but I would limit it to some basic useful values. You won't be able to modify anything. Only I can do that in my editor prototype. If anyone else is interested, I would be interested to see what kind of info you would want to see that would aid you.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Nevertheless in order to secure the protection of my GameGuru MAX's published projects I discovered that this tool "Vishnu Studio""

Chances are encryption will be working by the time Max is released
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2022 02:49
Yes BOTR ,
im just looking to see how the properly working animation table is set up
in order to get a character working and animating correctly.

UNIRD12B
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2022 07:14
@UNIRD12B: no problem, I can send you a link to a cut down app which will dump out DBO content including skin weights, animation frames, transforms etc. I'll see if I can send that this morning
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2022 13:55
@UNIRD12B : I have PM'd you a link to the DBO Dump app, just simply drop a '.DBO' file onto the .EXE and it will pop up with message when the text files have been created, there will be 2. You can drop GG Classic/MAX and FPSC genuine DBO files. The app knows if it's genuine or not and if not will exit.
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2022 17:54
THX BOTR ,
cant seem to figure out to get it to work,,,so far,,,

UNIRD12B
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2022 18:21
it's a drag and drop only EXE. left mouse drag your .DBO file onto the .EXE and it will produce 2 dump out txt files
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2022 18:35
to--BOTR...
GOT IT,,,,it works PERFECTLY,mm
gives me the exact info that I was hoping for
The names and frames of all the correct animations.
Thx so much.

UNIRD12B
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2022 09:06
@UNIRD12B: Yay-that's great, thanks for feeding back. I have some small updates to make so will send you the next version which will fix some count issues, doesn't affect anything, just debug info.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2022 13:25
@UNIRD12B: I have PM'd you a link to updated version which corrects some count stats (bone counts)
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2022 13:28
hi again BOTR ,
second version works great also,.,
shows the exact info I was hoping to find.
Well done !!

UNIRD12B
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2022 14:30
glad your happy with it, the bone count/cumulative were wrong. It's the DBOFastReader but without the export features. Having to recalculate some bone related info weights etc fun and games with maths
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2022 16:04
at BOTR ,
NP for the other stuff....as mentioned im happy just seeing the proper
names and frame numbers for all the animation settings.....gives me
a goal on how to set up any characters i try to import now..because
once the are imported ther is no way to go back in and edit
any of the info....

Thx

UNIRD12B

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 20:20:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 20:20:35