Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2022 16:33
Hi All,

Find a recording of today's broadcast below:

And all the answers to questions unanswered:

Q> I wrote a script that converts all stock meshes to autoflatten = 0, can this corrupt any file in GGMax?
A> No the 'autoflatten=0' is the default even if not specified in the FPE. You will be fine.

Q> Demo levels are for stock assets only correct?
A> Yes that is right, only use the stock assets as provided. You 'may' create your own but make sure you own all the rights as we would need to include them in the final product and have non-exclusive rights to them in perpetuity.

Thanks for your questions, we caught a lot in the live chat. More next week on Wednesday's 4 PM GMT
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2022 17:27
Well
Weather system ?

When in 2022 will they tuck into water as its obviously after march?

Have they advanced in the background on anything?

What assignments have you guys got going on in the backgroundat the moment? as in
Kevs on terrain
Lee on ai etc
Micheal is doing the weather
Pete is doing grass and trees

These are good questions i could not get online for the live.

Come on guys could ask these so we have an idea of things
I know they are going 10 to the dozen. But a bit of whats been worked on
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Your pretty spot on actually.
All of the above are being worked on
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2022 19:08
Quote: "Q> I wrote a script that converts all stock meshes to autoflatten = 0, can this corrupt any file in GGMax?
A> No the 'autoflatten=0' is the default even if not specified in the FPE. You will be fine."

So, I assume if I run that script in test mode, it does not hurt GGMax?
If it does not, so, why autoflatten does not work for me?

What I did
Since files like Building/shanty collection sits in a non-writable area, I copy/paste them in Documents/Gameguruapp and work/test my script there, when done, I copy/paste the fpe files in Program files/GGMax and works ok there.
Then I've updated to the next build (obviously all the fpe data get back to the original model) and I've tested the autoflatten removing trees and veg, but autoflatten does no work for me anymore, despite having autoflatten = 1 in the fpe files.
So, this is the reason for my question, so, should I assume my GGMax issues are not because I change internal data in GGMax, while running?
I change fpe data because I want autoflatten to be optional, at least while GGMax comes with some tickbox in entity settings.
Thanks for the replies.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2022 19:10
Looking impressive. Just hope the terrain painting will get some better blending before the March release. How do I go about submitting a level for the demo, not sure I will have much time but I might give it a go. Can we use anything custom, music etc.... if I do any custom music I don't mind it being included with Max if the level is picked.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, EVGA GTX1070ti 8gb Nvidia gfx card.

Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Novation Ultranova Synth, Roland D05 Synth, Akai MPX8 sample player, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Asus Ryzen 7 Vega 10 gfx chip, Vivobook Laptop, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram.

Cherry audio Voltage Modular Synth, PS-20 Synth, Eight Voice Synth, CS2600 Synth, JU106 Synth. Samson Graphite 49 Midi Controller Keyboard
fearlesswee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2022 21:20
Will it be possible to have custom death animations for a custom imported character, and have it all work with the systems shown off in the broadcast? We can't have ragdolls for custom non-humanoid characters, let us at least tap into this "align to floor" death animation system.
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
According to the broadcast, you will be able to add your own death animations. Lee mentions this at one point. Having said that, you should be able to use ragdoll for non-humanoid characters as well.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
@ 3com
Sadly having the flattened area locked is a definite no-go. There will be significant flack coming into camp with that not being changeable. Flattening is fine, especially the erasing of vegetation part, but locking terrain forever is not good on your map that needs continuous editing on all levels. I think it should work like all the other brushes, and even be advanced into a road brush- also editable of course.

@ Lee/ w/ Tarkus1971
How do I create a *demo* level with an issue prone alpha version? If it's rife with these issues, then it will be a significant task and prone to portraying max or the creator in a poor light. Just to name 1,2 ex; things like rotating objects is critically buggered up. No vegetation or ground painting, and trees don't mix. My flattened building terrain cannot be modified so I have to start all over when it isn't in the exact spot I require...
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2022 01:24 Edited at: 13th Jan 2022 01:28
Quote: "My flattened building terrain cannot be modified so I have to start all over when it isn't in the exact spot I require..."

You can drag it and the flat terrain will follow. You can delete it and the terrain will default back. A lot more flexible than classic.
Worst case scenario is you can set autoflatten=0 in the .fpe if you want it gone completely.
But i have a feeling ( Like Classic ) you may be able to disable it with the U key later on selection.
Its still WIP of course.
For mixed trees watch this space and there is vegetation and ground painting ?

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "According to the broadcast, you will be able to add your own death animations. Lee mentions this at one point. Having said that, you should be able to use ragdoll for non-humanoid characters as well."

I still hope for a switch for Ragdoll only.
Could be handy
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2022 02:08 Edited at: 13th Jan 2022 10:13
"there is vegetation and ground painting ? "
Yeah- not sure where I got that. Texture painting is in, but maybe I was asking w/ procedural method? I'm still learning to tour the UI. When I can start straight on a level map I will feel more at home-- though the procedural functionality is *nearly* astounding. (needs some discussion).
And grass-- ahh-- I was too high to notice a change and the UI said (this feature is not yet available). But even though I'm on v. 12/17, I see something happening now if I use red flowers. Time to update if there are improvements more-so than hurdles. Fingers crossed...
I'll try to keep quiet for a while and not be MOD EDIT ***silly. **** MOD EDIT
PM
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2022 07:27
Good stuff but can we do any thing more than walking simulators....sorry guys but im very good with unity after gg classic destroy my projects and my heart over and over.( i will wait to see any reason that gg max can impress me...)
Desktop: corei5, ram32, graphic card6GB
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtN6HMp1VEInALBZ89hmUBwfzqbeL9Wz/view?usp=sharing
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "sorry guys but im very good with unity after gg classic destroy my projects and my heart over and over."

If your that good and confident with Unity stick with it ... Its a no brainer.
GameGuruMax will never be a match for Unity or any of the Big engines.
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 13th Jan 2022 10:15
Quote: "I'll try to keep quiet for a while and not be MOD EDIT ***silly. **** MOD EDIT"

Edited please do not use words that can insult/harm
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-9700K @4.2GHz - 64GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB - 2TB NVe, 1TB NVe, 2TB Hybrid Data Drive
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Asset Manager
xRange No Nonsense Tools
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2022 17:24
Quote: " If your that good and confident with Unity stick with it ... Its a no brainer.
GameGuruMax will never be a match for Unity or any of the Big engines. "

i just wait for one thing (enough stability) ..... can you guys do this on time?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtN6HMp1VEInALBZ89hmUBwfzqbeL9Wz/view?usp=sharing
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2022 20:07
@super

GG Max will gain in stability day after day, like all game engines. However, it would take 15 years to catch up with an engine like Unity. And in the meantime, Unity will also have evolved. GG Max will never be the equal of Unity or Unreal. And that's normal. These engines (Max/Unity) are not even comparable. You can't ask Max to suddenly be the equal of the best. Even if you give it two years. It will not arrive.
Mr.WitherStorm
Years of Service
User Offline
We just want it to be better than an Xbox 360 game lol. (Right now its not)
PM
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2022 21:39
On XBox 360, there are some great video games that are graphically much more advanced than Wicked Engine allows. Halo games, for example, are graphically far superior to Max's current capabilities. But it is not Max that is the problem, but rather the current policy of TGC.

For Max to be able to make a video game graphically equal to Halo, TGC would need to add the features we've all been waiting for. For example, not to impose vegetation on us with 2D Sprites. But rather, allow to choose between the current 2D Sprites, and 3D Objects textured with PBR, as in Halo.

Thus, the vegetation would be infinitely more beautiful and realistic. And TGC will be able to produce all possible efforts on its Sprites, no vegetation in 2D Sprites will ever be equal to, or greater than, a 3D vegetation in PBR. TGC needs to understand this.

As long as TGC policy imposes on us graphically outdated elements, it will not be possible to create graphically comparable, or more advanced, games.

Max is just an Alpha. Soon I am convinced that we will be able to choose our type of vegetation. For this, TGC must understand that there is an important difference, between wanting to adapt to small configurations, and not wanting to adapt to ALL configurations.

To do this, you have to give the game developer the flexibility to choose what they want to do. And not to impose on it technologically and graphically outdated choices.

The move towards much more realistic character animations is a very good thing.
It is necessary to proceed in the same way with the vegetation : evolve towards 3D PBR.

And apply this policy to all levels of Max.
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 06:25 Edited at: 14th Jan 2022 06:33
Quote: " GG Max will gain in stability day after day, like all game engines. However, it would take 15 years to catch up with an engine like Unity. And in the meantime, Unity will also have "

maybe you are true ,but they have more than five years time to upgrade ggclassic and they dont have even try it . when the negative Comments are comes up they are just replace the main render with the wicked engine. They are downgrade many features of fpsc in gg classic like (real multi player, structure builder , nice grind system for creating maps and more) you know ebe structure editor never be the equal of old grind system.They are just delete multi player stuff forever in ggMax , because i just ask them where is the Infrastructure for multi player in max. In the end they have more than 10 years time to develop (fpsc,game guru,game guru max) and make it easy game maker for everyone.I will buy the gg max and support them but i will never use it for serious projects. Sorry tgc i give up....
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 11:32 Edited at: 14th Jan 2022 14:51
Quote: "but they have more than five years time to upgrade ggclassic and they dont have even try it ."

There was no longer any possible evolution. When you come to the end of the possibilities, there is nothing more to do. This is the reason why Max uses a different engine from GameGuru Classic.

Quote: "you know ebe structure editor never be the equal of old grind system."

Yes. But you have to use GG Classic's EBE, rather than Max's which is completely buggy. It is totally unusable. Build your Prefabs in Classic's EBE, save them, then import them into Max

Even better. You can completely remove EBE, and use GZDoom Builder. It exports perfectly in OBJ format, with all textures ready to be imported into Max. This program is Open Source. TGC should use the sources and modify them, to make it a DLC, 100% fit for Max
Mr.WitherStorm
Years of Service
User Offline
Tgc are digging their own graves with this product. When people who don’t have a history with them or who don’t have fond memories of gg classic see this the reviews are going to ruin any further chance they have of making a profitable well rounded engine. I personally believe they should use base wicked engine and let the creator decide how to optimize it (with the exception of adding texture streaming).
PM
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 14:09
Quote: " Tgc are digging their own graves with this product. "
i dont think so,check other engines like s2 engine reviews.(its not best it could be better.)
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 14:44
Quote: "Tgc are digging their own graves with this product. When people who don’t have a history with them or who don’t have fond memories of gg classic see this the reviews are going to ruin any further chance they have of making a profitable well rounded engine."

Whatever you do, there will always be bad reviews. And there always have been in the past. I myself am very critical of TGC. I think they know it but we must not stop there. My criticisms are always constructive! And I'm very active on Github.

For me, the biggest "mistake" of TGC, is not to integrate, or not, this or that functionality. But that Max is not open to the development of plugins. As a programmer-developer, I would have had a lot of fun coding several extremely useful things. And the community would have grown much faster thanks to the plugins. Much more than with any feature for Max.

- Minimap generator
- Weapon generator
- Vehicle generator
- HUD generator
- Road generator

So many things we will probably never get in Max, as the TGC team is only a small handful of developers. And this team is largely dependent on the current capabilities of Wicked Engine.

Unity, is another world. What made Unity so successful wasn't just the engine. But, above all, the fact that it is open to plugin development. If it weren't for the plugins, Unity's success would be much less important. Because the most popular features do not come from Unity, but from its community plugins. It is a matter of internal politics.

I think Max will be much more successful than any of the other TGC products. But on the condition that its development continues, and that it does not stop after 1 year of sales...
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 14:52 Edited at: 14th Jan 2022 14:53
Quote: "- Minimap generator
- Weapon generator
- Vehicle generator
- HUD generator
- Road generator
"

+MultiPlayer
Maybe it could happen after release Maybe.....
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 14:56 Edited at: 14th Jan 2022 14:57
Quote: "- Weapon generator
- Vehicle generator"

I don't see those 2 ever happening. Weapon Creator is something I have been researching and developing in c++(when I can) for few months now. It's pretty complex.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
Mr.WitherStorm
Years of Service
User Offline
What I’m trying to say is that they wont really be able to grow their market share and community if they don’t start making products that are actually capable of making a game in 2022, when lee first revealed grass almost a year and a half ago it looked better than it does now. Also they are creating features and testing them alone even they don’t want to try and make a demo level because its just not very easy for an easy game maker.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 15:08
you mean they seem to be going 1 step forward and 2 steps back? Well they are trying to support old gfx cards again from what I can understand.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 15:14
Quote: "you mean they seem to be going 1 step forward and 2 steps back"
if the problems get worse this will be the end game for tgc.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 15:18
Quote: "if the problems get worse this will be the end game for tgc."

I don't know about that.
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 15:26
Quote: "+MultiPlayer
Maybe it could happen after release Maybe....."

I don't see how that would be possible. It would be necessary to code the whole of a TCP/IP protocol. And Wicked Engine can't do it. It would be a heavy workload. It is not impossible, but highly unlikely in the near future.

Quote: " Weapon Creator is something I have been researching and developing in c++(when I can) for few months now. It's pretty complex."

I congratulate you on this work. There are so many useful things to build.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Well they are trying to support old gfx cards again from what I can understand."

Minimum is a GTX 960 .. Sure its an older card but a quite high for a minimum spec.
PM
Mr.WitherStorm
Years of Service
User Offline
It’s because they are cutting important graphical features, because they don’t want to put in the work for texture streaming and other optimizations.
PM
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 17:14
Quote: "Also they are creating features and testing them alone even they don’t want to try and make a demo level because its just not very easy for an easy game maker."

I don't know what you're talking about. There is currently no problem creating a demo level. Lee gave you one, designed with EBE. Today I sent Rick (at his request) a complete map, containing over 600 3D objects, in private property. You add 4 or 5 bandits and that's it.

Currently, there are more problems to generate a 100% operational executable. But creating a functional map is very easy. I am not saying that everything is working perfectly. Of course there are problems. It's normal. But it should not be said that it is difficult.

I knew a time when level editors did not exist. Everything had to be coded by hand, starting from a blank page
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 17:17
Quote: "Minimum is a GTX 960 .. Sure its an older card but a quite high for a minimum spec. "
It's old and support for it ends in less then 2 years. Released 7 years ago.Not that the current engine can even run with a 960GTX

Performance has gotten worse and worse, I was forced to upgrade the RX460 I had, it is more or less about the same as the 960GTX. Replaced it with a GTX 1660 with max settings I barely scrap by with 26 odd frames on a decently detailed level, which should be a breeze in every other engine.However I still don't understand why they haven't enabled instancing yet. Not that it helps much on a empty level generated level with trees and grass I am lucky to get 100+ FPS, turning off grass and trees has very little impact.

There is definitely some thing seriously wrong under the hood, this needs to be fixed sooner or later because it is becoming almost unbearable to work with.

Again without the additional graphics and settings controls, GTX 960 support is a pipe dream, they have their work cut out for them, again this week the focus has been completely unrelated to the much needed performance boosts.

Bar that the github issues has been rising to over 711 issues and climbing daily, every indication points to march release going to be a bomb, it isn't about being negative about the product , the product is awesome and I like it. Just isn't ready and wont be ready for the march release on early access either, just not there yet and it is a fact.
Win10 Pro 64bit----Intel i7 4770k @ 3.5GHZ----GTX 1660 6gig----16gig ram
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 17:35
Quote: "Bar that the github issues has been rising to over 711 issues and climbing daily, every indication points to march release going to be a bomb, it isn't about being negative about the product , the product is awesome and I like it. Just isn't ready and wont be ready for the march release on early access either, just not there yet and it is a fact."

You are right. Honestly, I think I know the reason why TGC is not working on the issues you are talking about yet. However, Rick clearly mentioned them on Github 3 days ago :
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues/1747

I think that TGC's financial means, dedicated to Max, are probably limited to March 2022. It is for this reason that they want to release it on that date (in my opinion). So they have to "bait" new users, to obtain the financial means to continue developing this product. But in order to do that, they have to show new features that attract new users. Oldies may not be fooled by a few gadgets, but newer ones are drawn to the ease. You put up a house, and the terrain is auto flattened. Wow...

I think the most interesting development will come after March 2022, or never come.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Bar that the github issues has been rising to over 711 issues and climbing daily"

Actually to be accurate that is 412 open and 345 closed ... Big difference.
PM
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 17:49
And out of these 412 open, you have to subtract the requests for adding features.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "And out of these 412 open, you have to subtract the requests for adding features. "

And no doubt duplicate reports .. But i do not intend to go through them
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 18:12
Quote: "You are right. Honestly, I think I know the reason why TGC is not working on the issues you are talking about yet. However, Rick clearly mentioned them on Github 3 days ago :
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues/1747

I think that TGC's financial means, dedicated to Max, are probably limited to March 2022. It is for this reason that they want to release it on that date (in my opinion). So they have to "bait" new users, to obtain the financial means to continue developing this product. But in order to do that, they have to show new features that attract new users. Oldies may not be fooled by a few gadgets, but newer ones are drawn to the ease. You put up a house, and the terrain is auto flattened. Wow...

I think the most interesting development will come after March 2022, or never come"

Nope financial issues isn't a problem. They set a firm release date for 25th march, due to backlash for continued delays. It is probably a good bet a fair number of users already gave max their walking paper due to the delays, so the damage is already done. Whether this is a small number of users or a large number is completely unknown.

Secondly problem is unlike classic which towards the end had a additional members provide code for the engine, several coders are working on the max project. It is the first time for TGC having this many members working on the project from the start for this line of products. So there is bound to be issues.

Plus they are integrating a completed engine and have heavily modifying it to their needs, which is also bound to cause issues within the code. It isn't the ideal solution, but it is probably better then what TGC could cook up in a limited time frame.
Quote: "Actually to be accurate that is 412 open and 345 closed ... Big difference."
Still doesn't detract from the recent influx of reports.I have at least 10 bugs that I need to post about, however my stupid internet went down, and can't upload pictures of the various bugs. Can't argue the fact the bugs reports are steaming in.
Win10 Pro 64bit----Intel i7 4770k @ 3.5GHZ----GTX 1660 6gig----16gig ram
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Still doesn't detract from the recent influx of reports.I have at least 10 bugs that I need to post about, however my stupid internet went down, and can't upload pictures of the various bugs. Can't argue the fact the bugs reports are steaming in."

Oh im not disagreeing in fact we could list a good 20 new ones on last weeks internal build but we were getting half done jobs but 8 hours later those new issues were sorted once Lee had reconnected all the wiring back up ..
Right now im seeing a lot of AI issues posted but with half of it currently disabled whilst Lee is working on it those issues look worse than they are.
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2022 21:00
I think as usual they dragged their heels from day one and added silly things that were of no real consequence to the work they have to develop. Lazy lists and all that. Was supposed to be completed in 2020 sept.i still think the alpha cut for objects even though a nice addition is still not necessary for early access release. A lot of unnecessary extras put them behind enough said there.

Roll on to jan 2022 and still no where near complete. In sept it will be 2 years over the deadline but to be fair they have totally modified added and chamged what they had. But then the engine was already made and half the engine of classic code is there.
They have the physics engine built also and the vr they made with classic base. Aka funded by us and then we pay again for it.
They messed about with the ui for half a year blue grey etc etc. Added stuff that the community wanted and so that was a month or so of that. So really again they have dragged their heels till probably summer 2021 when they realised they had a lot to do and what has been the problem with classic is happening again here.

But to be fair the character creator is superior and has excelled and when we can dig into that we have untold character options

And the terrain is so. Much better and nicer trees
They really need to sort the grass out its actually awful. And the paint terrain alpha.
These are the important bits of ggmax not a button to do something extra.

They have a lovely sky but go above the clouds and the cloud shaders dont cover the water so it looks like snowy lands and blue water

The graphics are better and a betfer hamdler of fps although i think off late its got progressive worse. But if he is doing stuff its expected.

Physics and ai is way better than classic so i think they have a winner if they dont cut back and give us a working world with some ace efx and good cc system this cam be ace jist let us actually change the textures have a better blend as in alpha better grass and a huge world to mess with
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2022 13:06
For information :
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues/1763
Anyone else here having this problem ?
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Anyone else here having this problem ?"

Ye non for me either.
But as Lee is currently working on animations, Death etc i think its safe to say its deliberate at the moment.
PM
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2022 07:57
Ok. I'm not sure "deliberate" is the word. This is an unnecessary update. It was better to avoid proposing it. Because now all the characters bug and it crashes Max : https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues/1766
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Too many bugs to update to the newest version? Okay, I'll stay put then.

Say, @ UltraVox- how did you manage to build a 600 object map?! Sounds dedicated.
I got neck and wrist fatigue very quickly, while object tools where very slow w/ less than 50 objects when users must go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth for setting objects in the map window to get on the right panel with sliders or buttons.... a whole lot of excessive mouse and neck movement;

1,2,3 - position x -- y -- z //
4,5,6 - rotation x -- y -- z //
7-8-9 - scale x -- y -- z //
10-11-12 - set on sloped terrain or stacking extras...?
for every object.

Yes, I tried the widget which works fairly well, but even still there's the issue of having to abandon your attention on the object in the map window to click on the right panel every time you need to adjust one of the main above settings (maybe several times every object.)
S0... is there keyboard shortcuts to at least change from pos, rot, and scale? Any pointers?
PM
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2022 22:46
I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. It's very ordinary.

The objective of this map is not to be played, but to test the limits of Max in terms of rendering and display capacity. It's a map I use to find bugs and report them on Github.

I dropped off a large two-story house. I surrounded the Fence house reinforced with concrete (Max's).

Then I furnished it as if it were mine.

Then, I placed hundreds of plants and flowers all around the house to gain realism and make the FPS work. Afterwards, I devoted the necessary time to the interior and exterior lighting.

All of this is really trivial. The most important thing for me is to have a test map with lots of objects to display. In Max's current state of development, he's doing very well. I have known projects unable to do half of them after 3 years of development.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I dropped off a large two-story house. I surrounded the Fence house reinforced with concrete (Max's)."

Nice job !!
PM
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2022 07:39
@GubbyBlips

Quote: "Yes, I tried the widget which works fairly well, but even still there's the issue of having to abandon your attention on the object in the map window to click on the right panel every time you need to adjust one of the main above settings (maybe several times every object.) S0... is there keyboard shortcuts to at least change from pos, rot, and scale? Any pointers?"

I basically use the main edit window to manipulate objects and place them correctly in 3D space. The positioning sliders (on the right) are too sensitive to be used with precision. I don't use any particular shortcut. Everything is done by hand, or with the mouse, as you prefer.

Regarding placement, I made a feature request :
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues/1751
Because even the 1/1 grid mode is not accurate enough for me. I requested a placement from the Pixel using the keyboard. Like in Photoshop when you move a Layer with the arrow keys. It's amazingly efficient.
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2022 12:32
Can someone remind me what is the key to view physical shapes in TestLevel mode ?
I couldn't find anything in the Max documentation.
There isn't even a page dedicated to Shortcuts...
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JDRD6P6ELM
Developer settings on in test mode- Tab-Tab/ Physics.
Yes, the UI outline color needs to be modifiable because they made the existing color a great camouflage against the terrain so that it practically disappears if you're more than eight feet above an object. That outline then actually helps hid objects it's intended to help highlight.
So I agree that many more keyboard shortcuts would be extremely helpful. What you suggest is great, and if we could get Rotation, Position, and Scale keyboard shortcuts then maybe all the excessive slowing down of the right panel clicking would be gone.
Maybe 'R', 'T', and 'Y' or something?
The current 'T' for terrain should be thrown out, it's too easy to accidentally hit it when you are very absorbed in building your map with placing objects. Weird to have just 2 keyboard shortcuts that are not necessary at all.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 08:13:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 08:13:11