Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2021 16:34 Edited at: 29th Dec 2021 16:34
Merry Christmas and New Years Break Everyone,

Here is a recording of today's broadcast:

And here are the questions we could not get to in the live chat:

Q> We are going to have wolves to dress arctic biomes?
A> We have two foxes, which might pass for wolves for release. I think if we drop them in and they don't sit right, we could reskin one to make it snowier.

Q> Is there a way to bake assets into the terrain/level to save on overhead? example: placing unmoveable crats and rocks?
A> The engine automatically groups objects together to help with the rendering, but you are right that there is room for further optimization, and specifically for objects we know will not move during the game. You can place dynamic and static objects right now, but there is no performance benefit to making them static aside from a small saving as static objects do not process logic.

Thanks for your questions, many are answered in the live broadcast so certainly check that out and I will present again next Wednesday at 4 PM GMT.
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2021 07:21
okay everything is based on realtime light map so where is the optimization? ok then... at least add some feature like unload objects that player cant see them to get 60 fps in medium pcs other wise all of my games get mostly negative because of 10 minutes loading time and crashes on high end pcs.(just like gg classic.)when you dont need to load an object why your pc must load it?
Desktop: corei5, ram32, graphic card6GB
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtN6HMp1VEInALBZ89hmUBwfzqbeL9Wz/view?usp=sharing
Alexander mp
Years of Service
User Offline
"Question" this is in regard to the RPG element that yall will be developing later in 2022 or 2023. my question is when the character dies is there going to be a way we can tell the game engine to respawn us at a certain location; for example: in Sword of Vermillion when a character dies they are respawned at a church and half their gold is given to the poor. Will we be able to do something similar?
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
@Alexander mp. We already have a checkpoint system in place, so that technically is possible at present. If you don't want to start at the church at the very beginning, you would have to put a bit more effort in and code a solution. Not a tough one and should be easy to do. If you don't mind starting at the church at the start your good to go with a single checkpoint in there making you return to the church each time you die.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 3rd Jan 2022 21:34 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2022 21:34
The last Max build appears to be not stable, when i generate a new level and zoom in with the camera to get a view of the terrain then a lot of times while i zoom in and move around with the camera then Max just freezes up and close. and when i want to verified the files it says my version is up to date but still if i verified it battels to download the files. Something is not right.
Current W.I.P
TheValley

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM 16GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2022 21:38
Yes, I have had to uninstall each update due to errors each time. I will probably keep max off my drive for now until end of march. I can wait.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 00:36 Edited at: 4th Jan 2022 00:41
Rather than uninstall try rolling back a build and updating again.
It quicker and often sorts most of the update not sitting well issues.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 06:16
Quote: "Rather than uninstall try rolling back a build and updating again.
It quicker and often sorts most of the update not sitting well issues."

Ok i will ty this.
Current W.I.P
TheValley

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
RAM 16GB
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 06:56
yes as a developer, rolling back always comes to mind before doing anything drastic. I have rolled back several times and then tried current versions and I still get errors, something not right somewhere. It's ok I can wait, I'm not in any rush to use MAX yet. My son seems to be more attached to classic at the moment.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 07:35
yes, at this point for me even the water looks better in Classic than Max, don't know how long we are going to wait for better water.
Its ironic max has the better Characters at this point to do something with, but not good water. lol and Classics water is better but the Characters is nor. haha.
Current W.I.P
TheValley

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
RAM 16GB
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 08:10
poor optimize poor design poor physics...etc etc etc
Desktop: corei5, ram32, graphic card6GB
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtN6HMp1VEInALBZ89hmUBwfzqbeL9Wz/view?usp=sharing
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 13:29
Well i will actually from now hold off any comments regarding as a whole till March
In march there needs to be a solid working great environment with no major glitches
There needs to be a better vegetation design
You can see the quads from high up maybe have them do what decals do face camera so when above the grass still looks full and none quad. And fades better into distance
Water needs to be better underneath
Better terrain textures and drawing. Not sure why its suddenly become blunt drawing wasnt before in earlier testing so lots to do however I will wait till march

They have a lot to do weather is not completed either yet. Lool forward to that.
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "In march there needs to be a solid working great environment with no major glitches"

In March it will still be Early Access. Might be beta, but probably will still be alpha. So, there will still be glitches and they will most likely still be major ... especially as they begin to introduce the new stuff.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 ti 11GB, Windows 10 64-bit, dual monitor display
Alexander mp
Years of Service
User Offline
How do I get text to speech to work on Game Guru Max. I had one character have text to speech working and now all of the sudden its not working anymore.
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 18:58
Quote: "Well i will actually from now hold off any comments regarding as a whole till March"
I took a restraining order out on my self... :p
Win10 Pro 64bit----iCore7 4770k @ 3.5GHZ----AMD RX460 2gb----16gig ram
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 10th Jan 2022 20:07
Quote: "Rather than uninstall try rolling back a build and updating again.
It quicker and often sorts most of the update not sitting well issues."

Have just done this, rolled back one and even two builds but it still gives an error.

Current W.I.P
TheValley

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
RAM 16GB
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2022 20:21
yes, doesn't matter if I roll back or uninstall/ re-install, error comes up each time. I can wait.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
The top one says please check install_errors.txt
Anything come to light in that you can post on Github for Lee to take a look at ?
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2022 09:45
I did have a "skim" through at the error log. I'll have another look, I might have missed something. I will post findings I think are relevant to TGC Github.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2022 12:10
ok ,5,559 lines of :
HTTP download failed for file "", HTTP status: 200, Internal Error: "Could not find file raw:C:/GameGuruMAX/"

I will put on Github, unless it's already on there. So I think I can say, it's not me
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2022 18:31
@ BOTR
Are you installing in C? if so, had you tried the default install path?
If the issue is not on your side, so, you just can report it as suggested above.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2022 18:54 Edited at: 11th Jan 2022 18:55
Yes, installing in admin mode on my c drive and has been successful most versions until last couple of versions. Rollback doesn't change anything and no virus checker installed. I'm doing some checking my end.
I have also redownloaded tiny installer and tried again. I think it's a window 10 internet issue, which I've had for ages as I am sometimes unable to download from GitHub and other sites using say Firefox , I come out of Firefox go back to website and then suddenly downloads start working again. I'm checking stuff out and doing admin stuff and scans etc. May have to redo my pc again. But not convenient yet.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2022 13:36
I find it funny that to install without errors, I had to install all additional media files. I shouldn't have to install all media files to get the install to work correctly. Anyway, it least all ok now. I will reply to github

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I find it funny that to install without errors, I had to install all additional media files."

You shouldnt have to ..
I never do.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 02:35:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 02:35:03