Product Chat (Early Access) / GameGuru MAX Live - Broadcast #65 Answers

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2021 16:47
Hi All,

Here is a recording of today's broadcast:

And here are the answers I did not reach in the live chat (and very sorry to Superconfidentman, totally missed your on-time question):

Q> ​Can structure editor SEGMENT files be edited within the app in 3D WYSISYG?
A> There are no plans to expand on the Structure Editor for 2021, though we will be keeping it in Developer Mode for those who still use it. We do have an idea to improve the idea of making structures but not sure what form it might take if we decide to go that way.

Q> How hard is it going to be to get custom NPC in gameguru max working. because it was a pain in classic until graphix tool came out?
A> It should be relatively simple. You can create a character in the built-in character creator, then assign it in your level as a Neutral character and they will follow the behavior you select for them.

Q> ​Can the standalone executable be run from a USB 3.0 drive?
A> I see no reason why not, though depending on the hardware of the drive, you might find file system activity quite slow. Once all the media is loaded, however, it should be as fast as if you ran from an SSD. We cannot confirm this however until we have finished the software and run our tests for this scenario.

Q> Will max support Fidelityfx?
A> There are no plans to support Fidelityfx at this time. Most of our efforts will be vendor-neutral until we have a top product that makes game creation easy. We can then look at raising the bar for powerful GPUs.

Q> ​Will there be any option to enable developer mode indefinitely rather than every time it opens we have to activate it??
A> This is currently by design as the Developer Mode has some experimental features in place that are not reliable enough to inflict on you full time If you post it on our issues board as a feature request, and it gets plenty of attention, we can perhaps add a SETUP.INI mode to keep the mode active for those who live dangerously.

Q> ​When will we be able to pick up health to heal ourselves?
A> This will be coming soon as part of the current 'small logic' work currently being worked on, in addition to the player settings for health regeneration which is pretty common in modern games these days.

Q> Can I multiplay with my friend without gameguru now ??
A> There are no plans to release a multiplayer component for GameGuru MAX on the initial release. We are currently focusing on good single-player first-person shooter genres, and only when we feel we have exceeded expectations in this area will we look at expanding our reach into other segments.

Q> What kind of terrain tools GGMax is going to have?
A> We of course have the procedural system to start your massive terrains off, but then you will get sculpting modes such as raise, lower, flatten and blend so you can shape the terrain into something specific to your game level. In addition, the ability to paint the terrain with realistic textures, add vegetation, and a new addition, the editing of specific tree placements. We understand you do not want to place 400,000 trees manually, but we also know you will want to remove a few to clear a forest for your secret military base

Q> How far off is water as a placeable item ie: water at the top of a mountain or a lake up high or fountain?? cheers
A> There are no plans for secondary water bodies for the first release, only the water table which can be adjusted during terrain generation and later on as an editable preference when designing your game levels. 'Water Volumes' is a great idea and will allow mountain lakes, streams, and other water features, but these will not make it into the first version.

Thanks for all your questions, and I will be happy to answer more next Wednesday at 4 PM BST.
GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2021 18:38
This is excellent stuff Lee.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, EVGA GTX1070ti 8gb Nvidia gfx card.

Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Novation Ultranova Synth, Roland D05 Synth, Akai MPX8 sample player, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Asus Ryzen 7 Vega 10 gfx chip, Vivobook Laptop, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram.

Cherry audio Voltage Modular Synth, PS-20 Synth, Eight Voice Synth, CS2600 Synth, JU106 Synth. Samson Graphite 49 Midi Controller Keyboard
Slapdash
Years of Service
User Offline
Would we be able to enable a player who are playing your built game to change the key bindings rather than hard set keys?

Following that - will GGM allow Game controller input?
PM
Imchasinyou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2021 02:43
please consider adding a raise camera view with the "space bar" and lower the camera view with "C" (or another key) in the editor so you can change your perspective with out changing your orientation to the field.
I am a very blunt person. I have NO filters in communication. I say exactly what I think and feel. If you think im being abrasive, its probably a personal problem because usually, Im not. Win 7 64, AMD T1100 Thuban cooled by Thermaltake, 16GB GSkill Ripjaws series 10-9-9-9, 4 HDD's Saphire 6950 Flashed with 6970 Bios and all powered with Corsair CX750M
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2021 07:49
Another great video, very neat Lee+Team.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 14th Oct 2021 09:08
Excellent work.
I am gad to hear that you guys work on the population of the trees for the map, hopefully it wil also works for the bushes and flowers and maybe small rocks as well?
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "please consider adding a raise camera view with the "space bar" and lower the camera view with "C" (or another key) in the editor so you can change your perspective with out changing your orientation to the field."

Raise and lower the camera is already in using the [ ] keys.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Supe
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2021 10:17
great work...
Desktop: corei5, ram32, graphic card6GB
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtN6HMp1VEInALBZ89hmUBwfzqbeL9Wz/view?usp=sharing
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2021 14:03
Is it just me having trouble with physics and my buildings
I have tried countless times making blender fbx going to other formats and back again and gmax is either ignoring the polys or makes invisible walls so i can't reach the buildings
I have tried poly and tried convex and i have ticked centre mesh and untick i have pretty much attempted 30 times to get the physics working.
I knownit does because i had one working perfectly but with windows attached. Which then either lights went through the walls etc or i removed the window's as a seperate entity. A bit of a pain but this solved the transparency issue within the model. So now i have a texture sound building just either go through it or cant get near it
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2021 15:03 Edited at: 18th Oct 2021 15:03
Quote: "Is it just me having trouble with physics and my buildings"

There is a problem with collisions on importing that are being investigated at the moment.
I have had the same issues.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2021 17:08
Ok thats good to know. I did a fresh install just to see if it was my software. Thanks for the insight Synchromesh.

Sb
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2021 17:22
@Slapdash : GameGuru MAX will allow in-game keys/controls to be configured, yes.

@Imchasinyou : You can use [ and ] keys, but please do add to the issues board that these should be shown in the keyboard shortcuts too

@science boy : Send me your building model and I will see if the hull decomposition works with it.

GameGuru Classic will continue to be supported with bug fixes and functionality additions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 07:11:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 07:11:13