Product Chat / GameGuru Max Photon MultiPlayer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys,
I see that the Photon Multiplayer has now been removed from the GameGuru Max Pre Order page.
I know Lee has said it wont be in the first release of Max, But with it been removed totally from the Pre Order page, Does it mean that they do not have any intentions of adding Photon Multiplayer to Max sometime after the first release of Max ?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
More likely removed because it wont be in the first release so less complaints about it not being there when V1 is released.
MP is still on once the single player experience is top notch, Then that's a good base for the MP.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2021 22:57
Thats what i been saying since 2012
Sort single player out first then when the world works and all game play is solid then add vr mp and ebe
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 30th May 2021 14:46
Why not drop MP entirely. There is zero market for it to be honest, there is barely anyone that uses it, and have used it since fpsc days, the product and market is too saturated for MP to be useful.So drop it.

You should do a survey just to confirm.
Win10 Pro 64bit----iCore5 4590 @ 3.7GHZ----AMD RX460 2gb----16gig ram
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2021 15:19
Yeah I wouldn't bother with MP, it's not worth the programming effort for just a handful of users that might use it. Agree with woi, put a survey out there and see what the response is.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2021 17:10 Edited at: 30th May 2021 17:10
I would prefer extra effort spent on VR when the time comes rather than MP if im honest.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2021 18:54 Edited at: 30th May 2021 19:01
To summarize my chapter below;
I think MP for GG should be some third tier software developed independently after GG comes of age, but that can integrate into GG projects/ stand-alones and provide just BASIC connectivity though utilize all customized scripts and assets.

So now further details @ previous discussion points;

"the product and market is too saturated for MP to be useful"
Strange comment. That should tell us that it's pretty popular. But am I mistaken that everyone is looking at this from only a FPS genere? In *that* regard - CERTAINLY! Nobody could compete with the big-wigs and MP FPS! And there I agree @ woi. We shouldn't really try.
Point GG: It will be mostly a 'hobby' feature (see Point 2B) for those wanting to throw together a map and jump into a quick shooting match with their high school buds on Friday nights.

My vision for MP hinges upon everything EXCEPT FPS.
The Game Creators and user base should one day look past First Person Shooters as the only redeeming Article of Enlightenment!
There's a gamut of dozens of other genres that would benefit from even the most basic MP access -- and this brings me to the next point.

"it's not worth the programming effort"

Now there's a feature level for 2A> access basic multiplayer connections and then there's a level for - 2B> Provide ALL USERS no matter their level of competency to scripting and design etc, a multiplayer system complete and perfect, 'Out of the Box' coded into the engine precisely with love and care for all GG users!
@ Bored of the Rings- see 'Point GG:' Definitely agree when Point GG is the only functionality used.

The level I would recommend would be the first level (2A) and leave almost everything up to developers- to develop.
To summarize, I think MP for GG should be some third tier software developed independently after GG comes of age, but that can integrate into GG projects/ stand-alones and provide just BASIC connectivity though utilize all customized scripts and assets.
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 30th May 2021 19:51
Quote: ""the product and market is too saturated for MP to be useful"
Strange comment. That should tell us that it's pretty popular. But am I mistaken that everyone is looking at this from only a FPS genere? In *that* regard - CERTAINLY! Nobody could compete with the big-wigs and MP FPS! And there I agree @ woi. We shouldn't really try."

Actually referring to indie MP games

Fall guys, among us, stardew valley as example, simply not worth it whether AAA or indie games, it really makes no difference. The MP system was never flexable enough and will never be flexable to even attempt some thing worthwhile.
Win10 Pro 64bit----iCore5 4590 @ 3.7GHZ----AMD RX460 2gb----16gig ram

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 11:08:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 11:08:13