Product Chat / How Many Users would like to See Max CC be more than just fantastic.?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 19th Apr 2021 21:12
Ok so i have just requested this on Github to Improve Max CC.

I would like to hear how many of you guys out there, would also like to see Max's CC to be more than just an good CC.
Please respond if you are serious about this.

Thanks Pcs
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Attachments

Login to view attachments
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, PCS.
Well, sure I think a majority voice would be happy to see the CC flushed out and expandable.
Will TGC manage as many plug and play parts as will make us all happy? I don't know. At least
if it is expandable by users then that's a big portion of the feature, and I think (and hope) that
several people might make CC kits that can be acquired on the store-- or some kind of market.

Back when Lee asked about a "100 Character DLC" -- that sounded pretty good, but hmmmm...
think about it, even those 100 characters will become what is familiar in games, and if there was
some kind of issue with the models themselves-- no easy fix, would have to re-work them over
in the modeling software. Now if there's a glitch in Character Creator, then bugs could be fixed,
which should then fix ALL possible models, and that is almost limitless if there is at least 7 or 8
major categories with a dozen choices each. So back then; I voted to expand Character Creator--
and here we are. Waiting upon the future.

Almost wish now the 100 character pack was an option today... but anyhow. I'm certainly still
for a robust, flexible and highly customizable CC.
PM
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 19th Apr 2021 22:32 Edited at: 19th Apr 2021 22:36
How long would you be prepared to wait for this super-awesome-does-everything character creator? 2025?

EDIT: I do sorta agree the character creator could offer far more versatility if rather than simply giving us pre-made pieces to slot together, it instead (or as well) gave us some sliders to control facial attributes. Having said that, I think it's totally unrealistic to expect TGC to develop this with its limited resources. Maybe it's an update for further down the line, which is why I originally asked how long you'd be prepared to wait for such a tool?

Alternatively, they could just make it easier for the community to contribute 'pieces'. A few talented artists would be able to bolster the selection of characters available hugely.

AE
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2021 23:58
When we have some TGC guidelines about it, so then, maybe I'll be ready to answer you, as deserve.
But no, I do not wait for some sort of metahuman in GGMax, at least no atm, although I would like it.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
This would be a whole project in itself.
You would be better off asking for Make Human support in some way which already has the capability to do what you request and is a standalone free application.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Sanguis
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2021 01:05
I would like to see it an open source tool.
Then the community could develop it to a better state and TGC woud have more time for the game engine itself.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2021 07:16 Edited at: 20th Apr 2021 07:18
I can't see CC being anymore than it is i.e. you won't see the ability to modify mesh e.g. muscle shape/size, finger lengths etc. Thats a major project within a major project. Use MakeHuman or similar for that, why re-invent the wheel, it's already out there, go and invest in other 3rd party software. At the moment, I would rather see some game mechanics/working terrain instead of bells and whistles like the CC, that's a "nice to have" but not essential. CC should be one of the last things that needs to be worked on, but that's my opinion. My assumption is each developer has been assigned a specific task, but is under the cover at the moment.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 20th Apr 2021 08:38 Edited at: 20th Apr 2021 08:42
No, absolutely not, this is a game engine, not a 3d modelling/character modelling program.

I'm all for them refining it and adding features down the line, but you need an engine that works before you start adding frills, this is typical of the misguided requests that started rearing their heads when GG added the voting board, it got out of hand and slowed down development then, don't let that happen this time around.
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Primary Laptop:
i5, NV1050 4GB, 8GB memory, 1x 1TB HDD, Win10.

Secondary Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2021 11:15
Quote: "I'm all for them refining it and adding features down the line, but you need an engine that works before you start adding frills, this is typical of the misguided requests that started rearing their heads when GG added the voting board, it got out of hand and slowed down development then, don't let that happen this time around."

totally agree,
TGC in their defense tried to put the direction of GG classic in our hands after lots of requests and arguments, they spent at least 3/4 of a year on the EBE which was not an engine essential and many other not engine essentials, the voting board was part of classics end failings in my eyes, they took on far too many options, and what was always coming to the surface was not totally needed, they had not cracked single player, world systems, and they all wanted shooting enhancements and multi player extras
8 years later no funds and pulled the plug
i tore my hair out for 5 of them years and waited patiently.
so my view is
i would love what PCS as requested, but not until all that's promised is done. after the request board i am all for stop requesting till its completed End of.
TGC need to say nothing is up for negotiation or request till we have a stable first smooth all promised engine, this included extras on the grouping and stuff, it was not essential. but it was starting to go like the old days, lets just add this, i think you need to deskill max so my G.Card can use it. etc. etc. so
get a smooth all terrain weather lighting physics etc and all what they have said will be in. then they can do requests or even have a side project of character creator advanced which can buy into from someone capable who is not on the engine, im sure lee knows plenty who can make the ultimate CC whilst all carry on with the engine

keep on smiling
Im 50 now aint a kid travelled the world been in terrorist bombing shot at near kidnapped. Have an audi a house a fiancee a cat and ex dj and promoter and now home Manager. Have a degree and lots of quals and this is actually all true
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2021 17:12
"more than just fantastic"?

Usable would be enough for me!
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2021 18:25 Edited at: 20th Apr 2021 18:28
Max is still way off being useable and has a long way to go. Requests like this are not really useful at the moment. I understand the reasoning, but I sometimes feel like I'm in Battlestar Galactica when I see these requests; What has happened will happen again. I really want Max to avoid losing focus on the important part, the ability to make games, good games, without worrying all the time about it crashing out for some reason.
I'd love the CC to be way better, but not at the expense of the engine itself.

Edit - Oh there is one thing I have noticed that for certain needs some improvement. The hair looks awful at present. plastic and nothing at all like hair.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2021 00:42 Edited at: 21st Apr 2021 00:42
Quote: "Edit - Oh there is one thing I have noticed that for certain needs some improvement. The hair looks awful at present. plastic and nothing at all like hair."

Ye the hair isnt right , Its been much better in previous builds

Quote: "I really want Max to avoid losing focus on the important part, the ability to make games,"

Agreed lets get the thing up and running first before adding more pressure.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 21st Apr 2021 18:34
At the end as long as we can get the best possible CC for Max that would be worth waiting for it.
I know Lee and the Team are doing the best they can.
Thank you for that.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2021 00:29
Quote: "No, absolutely not, this is a game engine, not a 3d modelling/character modelling program.

I'm all for them refining it and adding features down the line, but you need an engine that works before you start adding frills, this is typical of the misguided requests that started rearing their heads when GG added the voting board, it got out of hand and slowed down development then, don't let that happen this time around."

What Belidos said.
Make a game engine - everything else is outside the engine

OldFalk....
System Specs
i7-9700K 3.60GHz. ASUS NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 32GB Themaltake ToughRam Z-ONE 3600.
Main Screen: HP 27" @1920x1080 - Screens 2\3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider
aka Reliquia
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 23:09:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 23:09:19