During 2019 we worked on a heap of new GameGuru features (as yet unseen) and we are now pleased to announce the very first major upgrade to the GameGuru software – GameGuru MAX. GameGuru, as you know it, will become 'GameGuru Classic' and will continue to receive bug fixes. For upgraders, you are in for a surprise, not least because of the completely NEW UI, designed from feedback we have received over the last few years. On top of a whole new faster interface, you will also get:
* VR support
* Photon for standalone multiplayer support
* A new Character Creator
* Improved terrain and building tools
* New rendering engine
With GameGuru MAX you’ll also get more fire under the bonnet, with more multi-core coding to speed up loading and preparation steps; making full use of your many-core PCs. We’re also introducing a new 'Dynamic LUA' system which allows you to control script behaviors from simple gadgets, so you never have to touch a single line of code.
Did we also mention all the characters you create will be able to perform gestures, head-look and lip-sync talk by simply recording your voice or typing the speech directly into the editor? These are just some of the great new features we’ve put into GameGuru MAX! Rest assured the final feature list is mighty, and the result is a totally enhanced product that we hope will appeal to new users but retain its familiarity for the existing GameGuru community.
Here is the official page: https://www.game-guru.com/max
You will have many questions on the run-up to September, so we have prepared an FAQ to help answer some of them. MAX is still in Early development and the questions here have been answered as accurately as possible but could be subject to change as development progresses.
1. Multi Level Grass will it be a thing? I hate how GameGuru is all the same level grass so you can't make a detailed world.
A: There are plans for very basic multiple grass painting on the terrain (as part the new terrain system rewrite), no details as yet on to what degree this functionality goes. For now in Classic you can use custom grass entities to achieve the effect of varied ground coverage.
2. Will there Tree painting and placing multiple objects without having to reselect them from the list on the side?
A: If you mean spraying multiple objects, no plans for this.
3. Better lighting, GameGuru doesn't have good lighting even after the Directx update. It still looks bad and dated. How much of a difference with MAX be?
A: This is one of the areas we are going to rewrite. A new lighting model will mean better lighting, better shadows and higher quality visuals (for a given value of better and higher, i.e. these words are subjective).
4. DLC and Store content transfer?
A: Yes you can manually copy your levels, assets, and scripts over to MAX, they will be compatible so you can continue your game-making project. Some smaller elements may not be compatible such as the old Character Creator assemblies and some other elements may need to undergo a one-time conversion such as the old terrain data.
5. Will DLC be released exclusively for MAX given its new additions and upgrades over GameGuru?
A: It's early doors for DLC for MAX but we are forming some ideas and talking with artists about the best way forward. So far we like the idea of Game Kits that allow you to make a game in a specific genre (so scenery, building parts, characters and weapons, all in one DLC).
6. Will LOD be improved so things look better detailed from a distance and there's less pop in?
A: MAX will come with new assets, and LOD will be used. There are 'likely' to be better given they are not legacy models from 15 years ago, but 'better' is a subjective term. The LOD used will not be as good as that found in a 10 million dollar game project.
7. Will AI be improved over GameGuru?
A: No plans to change the underlying AI system (i.e. not emulating top games), but we will be adding a new Dynamic LUA system to control logic without coding, adding new animation system for better object animation control and as a result, some changes to the character AI based on the mentioned additions.
8. Will we have to recreate Custom Characters since MAX includes an improved version?
A: Yes, the old Character Creator assemblies will not work, but once you see the new Character Creator you will see that it's not a huge amount of work to recreate them. We have recently released a Sneak Peek video on the new character creator.
9. Will Third Person be improved? GameGuru its just tacked on there, it doesn't feel natural and certain things don't work like picking things up in third person.
A: No plans to expand the functionality of third person, our focus will be on the terrain system and new rendering engine. If this is a deal breaker, I recommend avoiding the pre-order until we release in September, or until we cover TPP as part of our regular Classic development, at which time you might see the functionality appear from that side.
10. Will it be Possible To import GG DLC into the GGMax Client?
A: Yes, you can manually copy your levels, assets, and scripts over to the MAX software and continue working on your projects. There will be some minor caveats such as the old character creator assemblies not porting over, and the terrain you have will be 'upgraded' to match the new system, but generally, what works in Classic can be ported over to MAX (but not MAX back to Classic).
11. Will it be possible to import Mixamo animations into GG Max?
A: Importing Mixamo animations is not planned for release. We will be looking at a new importer (but not planned for September) and separately loading and stacking animations for entities,
12. Is Photon Multiplayer the only option to host the online mode of my games? Or will there be the possibility to choose the server?
A: Photon allows you to use your own server, as well as use their expandable server solution. For games with small traffic, their service is free.
PC SPECS: Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 GPU, 16GB SYSTEM RAM