Product Chat / [LOCKED] GameGuru MAX

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 16:03 Edited at: 7th Mar 2020 17:44
During 2019 we worked on a heap of new GameGuru features (as yet unseen) and we are now pleased to announce the very first major upgrade to the GameGuru software – GameGuru MAX. GameGuru, as you know it, will become 'GameGuru Classic' and will continue to receive bug fixes. For upgraders, you are in for a surprise, not least because of the completely NEW UI, designed from feedback we have received over the last few years. On top of a whole new faster interface, you will also get:

* VR support
* Photon for standalone multiplayer support
* A new Character Creator
* Improved terrain and building tools
* New rendering engine

With GameGuru MAX you’ll also get more fire under the bonnet, with more multi-core coding to speed up loading and preparation steps; making full use of your many-core PCs. We’re also introducing a new 'Dynamic LUA' system which allows you to control script behaviors from simple gadgets, so you never have to touch a single line of code.

Did we also mention all the characters you create will be able to perform gestures, head-look and lip-sync talk by simply recording your voice or typing the speech directly into the editor? These are just some of the great new features we’ve put into GameGuru MAX! Rest assured the final feature list is mighty, and the result is a totally enhanced product that we hope will appeal to new users but retain its familiarity for the existing GameGuru community.

Here is the official page: https://www.game-guru.com/max

You will have many questions on the run-up to September, so we have prepared an FAQ to help answer some of them. MAX is still in Early development and the questions here have been answered as accurately as possible but could be subject to change as development progresses.

----------------------------------------------

1. Multi Level Grass will it be a thing? I hate how GameGuru is all the same level grass so you can't make a detailed world.

A: There are plans for very basic multiple grass painting on the terrain (as part the new terrain system rewrite), no details as yet on to what degree this functionality goes. For now in Classic you can use custom grass entities to achieve the effect of varied ground coverage.

2. Will there Tree painting and placing multiple objects without having to reselect them from the list on the side?

A: If you mean spraying multiple objects, no plans for this.

3. Better lighting, GameGuru doesn't have good lighting even after the Directx update. It still looks bad and dated. How much of a difference with MAX be?

A: This is one of the areas we are going to rewrite. A new lighting model will mean better lighting, better shadows and higher quality visuals (for a given value of better and higher, i.e. these words are subjective).

4. DLC and Store content transfer?

A: Yes you can manually copy your levels, assets, and scripts over to MAX, they will be compatible so you can continue your game-making project. Some smaller elements may not be compatible such as the old Character Creator assemblies and some other elements may need to undergo a one-time conversion such as the old terrain data.

5. Will DLC be released exclusively for MAX given its new additions and upgrades over GameGuru?

A: It's early doors for DLC for MAX but we are forming some ideas and talking with artists about the best way forward. So far we like the idea of Game Kits that allow you to make a game in a specific genre (so scenery, building parts, characters and weapons, all in one DLC).

6. Will LOD be improved so things look better detailed from a distance and there's less pop in?

A: MAX will come with new assets, and LOD will be used. There are 'likely' to be better given they are not legacy models from 15 years ago, but 'better' is a subjective term. The LOD used will not be as good as that found in a 10 million dollar game project.

7. Will AI be improved over GameGuru?

A: No plans to change the underlying AI system (i.e. not emulating top games), but we will be adding a new Dynamic LUA system to control logic without coding, adding new animation system for better object animation control and as a result, some changes to the character AI based on the mentioned additions.

8. Will we have to recreate Custom Characters since MAX includes an improved version?

A: Yes, the old Character Creator assemblies will not work, but once you see the new Character Creator you will see that it's not a huge amount of work to recreate them. We have recently released a Sneak Peek video on the new character creator.

9. Will Third Person be improved? GameGuru its just tacked on there, it doesn't feel natural and certain things don't work like picking things up in third person.

A: No plans to expand the functionality of third person, our focus will be on the terrain system and new rendering engine. If this is a deal breaker, I recommend avoiding the pre-order until we release in September, or until we cover TPP as part of our regular Classic development, at which time you might see the functionality appear from that side.

10. Will it be Possible To import GG DLC into the GGMax Client?

A: Yes, you can manually copy your levels, assets, and scripts over to the MAX software and continue working on your projects. There will be some minor caveats such as the old character creator assemblies not porting over, and the terrain you have will be 'upgraded' to match the new system, but generally, what works in Classic can be ported over to MAX (but not MAX back to Classic).

11. Will it be possible to import Mixamo animations into GG Max?

A: Importing Mixamo animations is not planned for release. We will be looking at a new importer (but not planned for September) and separately loading and stacking animations for entities,

12. Is Photon Multiplayer the only option to host the online mode of my games? Or will there be the possibility to choose the server?

A: Photon allows you to use your own server, as well as use their expandable server solution. For games with small traffic, their service is free.
PC SPECS: Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 GPU, 16GB SYSTEM RAM

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 16:08
Hi Fellow Gurus,

I am also happy to reveal all gagging orders have been lifted from Lee, and I am free to speak about pretty much anything we have done so far and everything we plan to do in the next six months, so fire away with your questions, both about Operation Bug-Free and the continuing developing of MAX.

I will be here on and off now until midnight as I am sure you have MANY questions, but now is the time to turn rumor and speculation into tasty facts! I have been asked to do a quick sneak peak video of GameGuru MAX so if you want to see anything specific, give me a shout on this thread and I will see what I can do.
PC SPECS: Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 GPU, 16GB SYSTEM RAM

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 16:13
What will be the import format for models static and animated driven?
What will be the texture formats?
RIP
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

New:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.81GHz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia gtx1050ti 4gb, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3774

GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 16:15 Edited at: 5th Feb 2020 16:19
This is Fantastic News !!

Pre ordered

Thank you Lee and the Team.

I have been around for 15 Years now and this is a brilliant step forward,
i am not affiliated or work for TGC i am a Moderator of the forums on a voluntary basis, i am not a 'Fan Boy'
i just love my hobby i am under no illusion that i will make fame or fortune from GameGuru i just love trying things.
I also know GameGuru will never be a finished product only refined now and again and that is ok as far as i am concerned nobody has forced me to buy or use this product i use it from choice and i have always been an Advocate of increasing the price to help further research and development of the engine and this is a step in that direction.

I have used numerous engines over the years but i always come back to GameGuru. The Community is second to none and is the foundation on which Gameguru is built, without this Community it would just be 'another' engine,
it maybe Lee's 'Baby' but we are the 'Guardians' and its the users whom nurture and make something from this Baby, and we have oodles of fantastic talent here.

Yes things can be slow, things don't work as they should but like i said personally this is my choice and heres to the future of GameGuruMAX.
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Various Tutorials by me
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 16:18
I’m in,looking forward to it

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
ok Start here from me..

1- we need a full particle editor in the engine (
2- we need a full and complete water and underwater system in place with effects ripples , effects and so on..
3- we need the ability to give the player all the fps possiblities like lean and peek system, valult and soon so these dont need to be hardcoded
4- we need a complete full screen shader support
5- wev need a proper system for importing animated characters that is one of the biggest issue of actual engine
6- we need a complete full screen shader support and not only the hardcoded ones into the engine

all of these are missing features in gg and all of these are not mentioned even in the new release..and it's a shame

hope could get something that is really usable and not again the next TGC experiment ..

i dont found this time (and i 'm a gold pledger of Reloaded, have all asset for GG ,and a comelete license of fpsc with all model packs purachased) at least you assure we that all great minnig things that gg have doesnt be ported over the new engine

want to see real thing happen this time...
PC 2 Specs:
AMD RYZEN 2600 SIX CORE @3,70, 64GB RAM DDR4 2400, M/B GIGABYTE AX370
SVGA NVDIA 1660GTX 6GB , SSD M.2 TRANSCEND S110 1TB, 1X HDD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB, 1X HDD TOSHIBA 2TB

PC 2 Specs:
AMD QUADCORE 880K @4.5GHZ, 32GB RAM DDR3 1600, M/B ASUS A88XM-PLUS
SVGA RADEON R9 380 4GB , SSD KINGSTON A400 1TB, 2X HHD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Pre Ordered
Really looking forward to getting my hands on it ..
Xmas 2
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 16:30 Edited at: 5th Feb 2020 16:45
GameGuru Classic...
Hmm... maybe call it "GameGuru Zombie" half dead, half alive ... gnawed by bugs. lol
ok bad joke.

Lee, add some pretty Light & Shadows + 64bit update and I will buy your MAX
Some pretty ingame screens please... !

I hope the NPC will navigate better... working on game now... and the AI, well... still bad...
And I hope that all (promised) features will be in the engine on release day and some kind of bug free...
And please don't ship it with the old outdated models... add some new stuff, new zombies, trees, rocks, buildings... something which looks like 2020 not 2000.
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 16:35 Edited at: 5th Feb 2020 16:38
Quote: "I hope the NPC will navigate better... working on game now... and the AI, well... still bad..."

sure the AI ... i forgot the AI in my list......added..

ah,, and dont call actual gg GG clasic since we all know which was the destiny of the successor of fpsc classic (x10 LOL)

and plase Lee answer our question about new engine..
PC 2 Specs:
AMD RYZEN 2600 SIX CORE @3,70, 64GB RAM DDR4 2400, M/B GIGABYTE AX370
SVGA NVDIA 1660GTX 6GB , SSD M.2 TRANSCEND S110 1TB, 1X HDD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB, 1X HDD TOSHIBA 2TB

PC 2 Specs:
AMD QUADCORE 880K @4.5GHZ, 32GB RAM DDR3 1600, M/B ASUS A88XM-PLUS
SVGA RADEON R9 380 4GB , SSD KINGSTON A400 1TB, 2X HHD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
@LeeBamber. I have been popping in over the last few days and just happened to see it Hence why I posted as I was expecting a thread already
Sounds interesting. One quick initial question. Pre-ordering gives the option of Steam Key or Download. So we can order it for our accounts here or Steam?
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 16:40 Edited at: 5th Feb 2020 16:44
Quote: "One quick initial question. Pre-ordering gives the option of Steam Key or Download. So we can order it for our accounts here or Steam?"

Ye I wondered that … Went for the download ( in case it comes first ) Pretty sure you could also get a steam key later … most do that its doesn't cost anything to generate one as far as I know ..

EDIT …
IF you order either you get alpha access (download from the TGC site). On release you get what you ordered
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 16:45 Edited at: 5th Feb 2020 16:46
@Pirate Myke : I have checked out the latest version of AssImp and it's pretty damn good at FBX and GLTFv2 so I am edging towards swapping in that tech for all import operations. The texture formats will be the usual DirectXTex supported formats, so DDS, PNG, JPG and BMP. Not sure about TGA.

@JC LEON : No pressure at all to fund us, feel free to watch the progress and only upgrade if you feel you are getting what you need. Here are your points:
1. I am going to look at the Particle Editor used by AGK Studio as its pretty comprehensive and adding support for its exports makes a lot of sense.
2. We are overhauling the water plane as it interacts with the shorelines (ripples, waves, etc). No plans for underwater system.
3. Most of the player controls have been unhardcoded into a LUA script, so at least you can add your own behaviors such as peak and vault.
4. GameGuru already has a range of fullscreen shader effects but we are looking at some extra ones such as the latest HBAO+ for improved shadows.
5. I have tested out the latest AssImp library, I think the time is right to integrate this as our importer Includes animated FBX and GLTFv2!
6. I presume you mean custom shaders? Perhaps you can modify the 'post-core.fx' shader (hardcoded) as I can get a better idea what mods you would make.

@MooKai : I would really like to add 64-bit support if EVERYONE is happy to drop 32-bit support. Vote Now! The Light & Shadows is perhaps my biggest goal, aiming for out of the box visuals that match modern games from 2019, which means a whole new lighting model and new rendering techniques. Still in the research stage but currently happy with Voxel Global Illumination for both speed and visual accuracy. For the AI, are you simply looking for solid pathfinding for your entities?

@DVader : Yes this time we can offer a non-Steam downloadable installer as MAX does not need Steam. It will also come with a Launcher which has the ability to allow you to control your SETUP.INI without going into NotePad and the best part, auto scan your files and update you to the latest version. No need to re-install the latest installer, just run the Launcher, see an update is available, click and confirm and the update process starts

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 16:48
Thank you for the reply Lee.
This all sounds great and cant wait to try it out.
I have a slew of models and character to test.

I would love to see a 64bit version. I have big maps to make for real world locations and data.
RIP
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

New:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.81GHz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia gtx1050ti 4gb, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Screen resolution 1920 x 1080. System Passmark 3774

GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 16:51
+1 for 64bit that's a no brainer
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Various Tutorials by me
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 16:52 Edited at: 5th Feb 2020 16:54
Yes, it cost nothing to generate steam keys.... I guess, first demo versions will be available here, then later on release day they buyers will get a key.

-64bit
-light & shadow (close to the screenshots I saw in the past from AGK Studio = good)
-49 Euro, still too cheap... think again

ahhh wait...
3rd person controller, PLEASE add the directional fire... then we have a great 2.5D Engine as well
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 16:55 Edited at: 5th Feb 2020 17:01
please add 64bit support, at the moment I have again a problem with that 4GB limit...

"are you simply looking for solid pathfinding for your entities?"
yes, the zooombies always do what they want, but never what I want. Sometimes they just standing around and dont move... aaargh.
So, a better AI and AI navigation would be great...

YES YES 2019 Visuals please.
Yes and no map size limit.

The MAX news was really a surprise today... so many questions...
PM
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 16:55
64-bit here as well. The time has come to abandon 32.
Intel Core i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 16:58 Edited at: 5th Feb 2020 16:59
32bit is a dead technology with OS's dropping support for it and almost all new PCs have 64bit support (all gaming ones), it needs to go so GameGuru MAX can use all the memory in gaming machines.
Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 16:59
64 bit please

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
shivers
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello
I have a lot of models and model packs for game guru I was wondering if I will have to download them again or will they be auto included in my list of models. Also what will happen to the game guru version i have now will have two game gurus or does max upgrade over the current version of game guru.
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 17:03
I guess later in your Steam lib. you will have GameGuru and GameGuru MAX as 2 different applications.
PM
Mipastu
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 17:04
Hello lee.

At first i want to tell you that i have been a loyal customer for all TGC products (agk,gameguru,fpscreator,All DLC's...)
and have i am one of those who always wanted to have faith on gameguru as a project all the way from first sneakpeaks of fps creator reloaded.

But now i can't feel anything else than being betrayed in some sort. Gameguru as a one still has great flaws, missing features and bugs, those are the reasons why gameguru as a game engine has not got the popularity what it should have. The loyal fanbase have been waiting the same features shown in the "gameguru max" for years, the same features we once voted for in the website with great faith.

But i just cant shake the feeling out of me that you guys are trying to milk your only cow too much, the loyal fanbase who mostly will be the customers for "Gameguru max"

I sure hope i am wrong and gameguru max will be extra ordinary product which will be the gameguru we always wanted. But for now i can't respect the choice you made with this one because there is a another paywall for the features we were promised long time ago.

Thank you.
RTX 2080 TI - I9 9900K - 16GT RAM - WIN 10
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
It may be longer to wait but have to say 64bit would be the right direction
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 17:06 Edited at: 5th Feb 2020 17:13
Quote: "I guess later in your Steam lib. you will have GameGuru and GameGuru MAX as 2 different applications."

I would imagine so … That's what happening with Leadwerks … New engine, New application
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 17:11
preorder... download or steam key? hmm?
sure I want the beta... so?
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 17:17 Edited at: 5th Feb 2020 17:24
Well the conspiracy theories held a glimmer of truth after all then, another year promised and GameGuru as we know it will have gone the way of FPSC, and they offer us a new improved GameGuru to buy. I know you have to make money from somewhere, but creating a piece of software, then dropping it to sell us a new piece of software based on the old one, rinse repeat ad infinitum is getting very old now.

Btw, that new UI on the pictures on the max site brings to mind the OS on those toy tablets you can buy for young kids, what happened to the lovely grey UI that was leaked?

I'll definitely buy it to keep up to date, but i think this is going to be the last time for me.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Primary Laptop:
i5, NV1050 4GB, 8GB memory, 1x 1TB HDD, Win10.

Secondary Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 17:20
@Lee - will source code be available for GG Max?

If not I’ll likely buy to support TGC but it won’t be of much use to me personally.

Cheers.

GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER PassMark: 14817
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 17:33
Belidos wrote: "Well the conspiracy theories held a glimmer of truth after all then, another year promised and GameGuru as we know it will have gone the way of FPSC, and they offer us a new improved GameGuru to buy. I know you have to make money from somewhere, but creating a piece of software, then dropping it to sell us a new piece of software based on the old one, rinse repeat ad infinitum is getting very old now. "

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. How about "Game Guru SuperMAX" for the next one after this?
Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
W10 Home 64-bit, Intel i3-7100 dual-core 3.90GHz, nVidia GTX1050 4Gb, 8Gb ram
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 17:34
Quote: "what happened to the lovely grey UI that was leaked?"

it is the same UI for AGK Studio so can be tweaked/coloured to your hearts content
Various Tutorials by me
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 17:42
I'd like to see a bit more in-depth explanation of the following:

* VR support
* Photon for standalone multiplayer support
* A new Character Creator
* Improved terrain and building tools
* New rendering engine

- How is VR being supported? Which VR sets?
- How will the Character Creator be different form GG's? What can / can't you tweak?
- How do the terrain and building tools operate? How easy are they to use? How complicated can you make the buildings?
- What is this 'New rendering engine'? How does it compare to the old (old... ha) one?
Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
W10 Home 64-bit, Intel i3-7100 dual-core 3.90GHz, nVidia GTX1050 4Gb, 8Gb ram
jono gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 17:52
Pre-ordered it, Looking forward to this! +1 for 64bit also.

With regard to all the changes being made, took a look at the GameGuru MAX homepage where I read "For this we have started from the ground up by throwing away the old shaders, terrain, grass and sky systems" So what exactly is going to be different about those?

- How big/small can we make the terrain with GG MAX? Is it still going to be height map based or are we looking at something using voxels etc to allow caves and more? Will we have the ability to complete disable terrain (collision etc) to create indoor/space type levels?
- Similarly for the sky and grass, will we be able have various grass/vegetation types within our levels and will we have day/night cycles implemented (I know day/night cycles can be done through lua currently but its not exactly user friendly)
- I presume the most requested features that had been in the pipeline/roadmap for GG will be carried over to a roadmap for GG MAX.

Hopefully all goes well for TGC on this one. Happy to support it and finally get a lot of the many needed improvements!
Tastes like chicken. Too bad its beef.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 17:53 Edited at: 5th Feb 2020 17:55
Quote: "Yep, exactly what I was thinking. How about "Game Guru SuperMAX" for the next one after this?"

I think i might skip a couple of versions and wait for "GameGuru Reloaded UltraMaxX26" to be released

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Primary Laptop:

Secondary Laptop:
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Well the conspiracy theories held a glimmer of truth after all then, another year promised and GameGuru as we know it will have gone the way of FPSC, and they offer us a new improved GameGuru to buy"

More of a AGK Classic upgrade to AGK studio is the way I see it ..
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 18:01
Quote: " More of a AGK Classic upgrade to AGK studio is the way I see it .."

Definitely a theme going on here

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Primary Laptop:

Secondary Laptop:
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 18:08
On a more serious note, one thing i am worried about ....

Quote: "GameGuru MAX is backwards compatible with your existing game projects, so you can load in your old levels and carry on where you left off, with the extra power of the editor"

Can you 100% guarantee the above? Because on almost every major release you have promised that our old projects will work in the new version (you even said at the time that you specifically worked on that during the DX11 update to avoid issues) , and on every major release there have been issues with old maps.

Primary Desktop:

Secondary Desktop:

Primary Laptop:

Secondary Laptop:
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 18:10
" Just when you thought you were out They pull you back in "

64 bit Please :
Text to speech would be perfect too .. I had a copy of S.A.M. when I did Atari stuff .............
I pre ordered already .

Lance
Lance

Joined 22nd Jul 2003

PM
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Firstly, it's good to see that GameGuru, in some form or fashion, is getting a much needed upgrade. I would have loved to have seen much of this in the current GameGuru, though. So, a few questions:

What about dynamic lights casting shadows (and not just one spotlight)? How robust will the new lighting/shadow system be in GameGuru MAX? Will MAX solve the issue of sunlight leaking into areas that are completely blocking the sun, such as in a completely indoor level? Will PBR be better supported?

+1 (times infinity) for 64-bit, btw.

So, the current price for anyone wanting to jump on the GameGuru MAX band wagon is $24.99. That means anyone, whether they have ever had a license to GameGuru in the past or not, can currently get it at this price. What about those of us that currently have a license? Can we get an even further discount (for upgrading to MAX)? Now, don't take this wrong. I think that you should probably be selling MAX at a higher price than $50, so getting it for $24.99 is a steal. However, since people who've already purchased Classic have been faithful customers and since Classic is severally lacking in many ways, it seems that those who already have a license to Classic should be offered an even better upgrade path to MAX than those that have never purchased a license.
Loretta
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Generation Zero; Skyrim SE , Fallout 4, In VR- Pistol Whip,
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 18:25
Great News, I vote for 64 Bit.
I am very happy to read that there is some light at the end of the Tunnel!
I just Pre-purchased GameGuru Max download and can't wait to try the first Alpha Build in April.
I am happy to pay for a GameGuru Version that works as described. I really love GG, sans bugs
I just hate the waiting til Septemeber...... ugh and I will trust that GGMax will be a finished product next Fall .
Thanks for the news Lee... really am excited about Max Especially VR.
ASUS ROG G20- Desktop Intel Core i7-6700 -3.4Ghz - 16GB Memory - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB - Windows 10 64bit
Alienware M15 Laptop i7-8750H, GTX 1070 Max Q
VR : Samsung Hmd Odyssey WMR, Samsung Hmd Odyssey + WMR and 2 Oculus Gos
PM
SHAHIN3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 18:30
very well
But I'm a little confused
I don't know if I'm happy or not?
But maybe that's a good thing
Like the unity of 3 and 4 and 5 and 2017 and 2018 and 2019
Or GameMaker 2
Or Unreal 3 and 4
And this is what happened for GG and it is very good
Thank you
I buy Max and transfer my games to him
I have to see the result
Some problems that I have in the classic version and I hate.
I hope these problems are gone in Max.
* Objects do not have shadows in a closed environment have a corrupted LightMaping system
*The lights do not create any shadows For Objects
* The glossy properties of objects only reflect the sky And no objects are reflected in it.
*The loading speed is still low.
But I have a few questions:
What about the Github repository?
Leaving problems and requests?
I made a game with the classic version and wanted to publish and sell.
Should I move it to the Max version?
amir
Monkey Frog
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh! Adding to my questions about lighting/shadows in MAX - Will MAX include light probes?
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 18:52 Edited at: 5th Feb 2020 18:53
Just want to say its good to see a worthy price tag on this for September .. GG was always to cheap which probably never really helped with development costs
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 18:53
I understand that the main theme of this thread is the presentation of a new TGC product, however I take this opportunity to say that in a different thread you will explain in depth what the Gameguru road map is this year. It would be even better, before this thread becomes a continuous comparison between the benefits of GG Max and the absence of such benefits in GameGuru, rather than the simple presentation of a new product, which is what it really should be. IMHO

About GameGuru Max, the presentation is promising at the moment, although I am not attracted to features such as VR system or multiplayer games, I hope there are other things that seduce me, for example:

What are your plans with the third person system?
Can I use any character created with CharacterCreator, as a third person? and with the guarantee of optimal operation?

I can group the models that make up a scene, copy and paste
These models in another scene, can edit them independently?
I think being able to save them as a group of objects and be able to use them later on a different map would already be too much, although it would be wonderful.

Do you have any plans to use some type of alt-texture?
Usually when it is raining things get wet, if an enemy shoots at you and hurts your bleeding, and your clothes are filled with blood, etc.

To write code I am from the old school, however I will wait to see how the new LUA code system works in GG Max.

I think I'll wait a bit and see what happens, but I'll buy it for sure.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
reyandekcire
Years of Service
User Offline
Pre ordered
PM
fearlesswee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 19:01 Edited at: 5th Feb 2020 19:14
Quote: "Did we also mention all the characters you create will be able to perform gestures, head-look and lip-sync talk by simply recording your voice or typing the speech directly into the editor?"

Pre-ordering for this feature alone haha, I'm actually very excited and optimistic about this! A couple of questions about features I really want to know though:

1 - Day/Night cycle with proper moving shadows and sun/moon position? Is it possible?
2 - Does the PBR look better than current GG? (I can't quite explain how, but PBR in GG doesn't quite look right as it does in other engines.)
3 - Will the stock media be updated to be higher fidelity and better reflect a "2020" product rather than a "2008" look current GG assets have? (I don't quite mind if the stock media isn't updated, since I'll be using mostly custom media anyways.)
4 - Will water be made to look less like a flat plane with an animated texture, and more like an actual body of water? (Basically if the water can look like this I'll be happy lol https://github.com/tuxalin/water-shader)
5 - How does photon multiplayer work exactly? I'm presuming they host the "server", but does one need to pay for it?

Thank you so much for finally spilling the beans Lee, I'm excited and happy for the future of GameGuru now

EDIT: Also I can't be the only one that thought that background image of the road and trees was an in-game shot and nearly fainted, right?
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 19:03 Edited at: 5th Feb 2020 19:09
I'm really glad to see a new version, will definitely buy it.
The only thing I dislike about it is that I don't remember any survey asking what is it that we would like to have.

However, I can tell already from the screenshot alone the visual Lua scripting system is not very advanced, I really feel sorry for not taking the opportunity and ask what sort of visual scripting system could have been implemented.
In 2018, I was recommending this:
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/220383

If it was too much, I would have recommend a NODE system similar to what Unreal has.
If that was too much I would have recommend an event system similar to what Construct has.
But instead now we get this widgets that allow us to expose variables from the script to the IDE. Definitely really nice addition to allow no coders to tweak the scripts a little, but the problem is that we can't really go further than that without coding.
I feel that we lost a huge opportunity here.
Please don't tell me "small team, small budget", S2Engine is developed by 1 guy only and it got node based visual scripting and there is also tons of visual game makers developed by single persons.

I can see that we are still limited to square shapes only in the building editor, would have been nice to see more shapes to choose from, maybe something as advanced as Blueprints in Unreal where we can build pretty much any shape.
I feel that we lost a huge opportunity here too.
Please don't tell me "small team, small budget", CopperCube is developed by 1 guy and it got a similar tool.

I can see that the character creator is continue to be limited to swap heads and upper and lower body only. At the very beginning I was suggesting/requesting a more detailed character creator, maybe something that we can find in RPG games, select from a race like human, elf..etc change skin, body type, hair, clothing and all such characters would come with the same stock animations so it would have limitations but could have been fun.
I feel that we lost a huge opportunity here too now that it was reworked.

Terrain is not mentioned, I can only hope it is going to be finally optional to have but I doubt. I was begging for this since the beginning.
AI not mentioned, don't even expect anything but still waiting for the uber british predator soldier thing that jump through windows and kick doors and climb ladders and summon demons to take us down.

Yeah, I can't really say I am excited to be honest I am sort of disappointed already also because the IDE of AGK Studio got some missing legs too but was abandoned soon after release now I see why because GG also got a new IDE but no one cared to tell. Really cool. I am going to definitely buy it now to take advantage of the discount XD.

Can't wait to get my hands on this, I'm sure all this new enhancements going to run my GPU on MAX XD
Thanks a lot for the continued work anyway.
PM
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 19:13
@LeeBamber
I think this is the right track. I realize it may chafe some, but the reality of development is that lessons have to be learned and big development costs money. I think that the past year in particular has really illustrated an enhanced focus and commitment to learn from previous mistakes by TGC and I'm happy to see it.

64Bit and Lighting are definitely huge concerns. They are the overriding problems holding this engine back. The 64bit thing would alleviate the problem of adding new feature sets and FURTHER reducing an already limited resource pool.

It sounds like a lot of good development work is or has been done. I'm hoping we can see some real integration of some of the user code branches as well (Cybernessence, Defy, etc) to help really expand the feature set out even further.

Lighting needs serious attention. Dynamic, volumetric lighting would be hugely beneficial - especially with PBR. I'm happy to see multi-threading/core being put in too and hope that helps load times significantly.

Right now I'd rank the biggest three hurdles to making a GG game as:
1) Memory management
2) Load times
3) Lighting

There are other things that can be problematic and I don't mean to overlook them but in my year of book writing I found myself spending the vast bulk of my writing trying to address performance concerns, memory management and lighting tricks.

So those are the things I'd focus on. Beyond that, a more dynamic hotbutton style interface with more direct options controlling FPE settings and Lua passthroughs from the interface. Those are important as well, especially for non coders.

GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Congrats!
.... ohhh- now people are voting up 64 bit... all along I've been told it was
"not very necessary!"
+245 for 64 bit, and the help it will bring to all Stand- alone issues.

This now definitely sounds like it goes beyond only an educational/
hobby engine. Commercial games for sure. Kudos.
So Stand alone perfecting should be at the top of the list @ MAX.
Everything else, is also very welcomed.

@Graphix -- is your Asset Manager ready for release to take advantage
of this momentum?!
... or maybe "they" want to sneek it into MAX?
PM
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 19:22 Edited at: 5th Feb 2020 19:31
As an original GOLD PLEDGER ,
I wonder now if adding the "MAX" to the the game Guru title
is going to annul the original promise to all the "Gold Pledgers"...?

taken from this message from Lee on Steam..

https://steamcommunity.com/app/266310/discussions/0/610573751148675640/?ctp=2#c610573751149387858

Quote: " we tried to make the Steam booty for Gold Pledgers as action packed as possible, with multiple keys so you could enjoy the multi-player mode with friends, over $120 worth of forthcoming DLC packs, the choice of a physical disc or additional bonus content later in 2015, lifetime updates of the product and your name in the software credits"

or...do we get passed over again as we did when we purchased...
-Dark basic Pro
-Dark Voices
-Dark GDK
-Dark -Matter
-Dark Game Studio
-FPS Creator
-FPS Creator X10
-FPS Creator Reloaded........
- ETC.............
I'Ve Got them ALL ...and more !

Just askin.........

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The only thing I dislike about it is that I don't remember any survey asking what is it that we would like to have."

The entire forum is the survey, lol. All the new features have been requested at some point

More info on the terrain features would be good. I really dislike the current system

Will we finally be able to have water as suggested we would have many moons ago; Multiple levels AND actual slopes?

Backwards compatibility is nice in some ways, but for a new product I'd rather lose that for a more streamlined system. I'd just use GG for old maps.

64bit support? A big yes!
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
Kitakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Mr Bamber, first off I vote for 64 bit. However before I purchase this product I would like to ask,

Will GameGuru Max be better for actual Standalone games? My main concern is the loading time between levels. Do you think The Big Escape taking 45seconds to load is acceptable? And if so, would you say each level made with GameGuru should aim to be that size? As well as menu options that allow players more control over things like keybindings, mouse controls, etc.

What about crashes? Although better than before, just last night I made a test standalone game. Hit start game annnd crashed no error msg, just back to desktop.
Save game also causes problems, frequently.

I look forward to reading a response.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 05:33:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 05:33:25