Third Party Tools / Autowelder - last version (porting in complete FPSC FPM levels)

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2022 17:49
Ok so figured it out what the issue is in windows 7 & 10.

Malwarebytes
-Software Information-
Version: 4.4.10.144
License: Premium

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 1/3/22
Protection Event Time: 5:17 PM

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Malware Details-
File: 1
Malware.Heuristic.1003, C:\Users\SC\AppData\Local\Temp\dbpdata\2DPluginKIT.dll, Quarantined, 1000001, 0, 1.0.49348,

(end)

so Malwarebytes is blocking because it says it is 'Malware.Heuristic.1003' - even though I have allowed it in the allow list
in Malwarebytes, i is still blocked unless I turn off Malware Protection.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2022 17:50
Got the 3.1 installer, worked perfectly, thanks.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.70 Ghz , 6 Gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64 Passmark score: 3091

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2022 18:39
@MK83: that's great.

@Super Clark: that is a false positive. I'll remove any unnecessary DLL s from compilation, which is a little bit of a pain, but doable.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2022 19:07 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2022 19:08
@BOTR, I have the same malwarebytes as Super Clark, I scanned my pc and found no issues with Autowelder 3.0 or 3.1. Only difference I see in his rig is that he has Win 7, maybe something there is the problem.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.70 Ghz , 6 Gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64 Passmark score: 3091

PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2022 19:25 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2022 19:26
@MK83, nope I have a duel Boot system win7 & 10 same issue on both OS

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2022 19:27
For safety, I'll scan all DLLs , I'm not getting any malware issues my side. I will remove any obsolete ones prior to compilation and send 3.1a via installer. Will probably be tomorrow now. The software updater code needs more work but all fine my side using various devices. So a few teething issues to sort out. Lots of stuff has been reworked.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2022 21:00
Ok m8 no problem thanks for the updates
PM
Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Bored of the Rings!
Hi everybody!
I recently stopped by here and saw the new Autowelder 3.
I tried it out. It converts perfectly! There are no errors with the textures of static objects at all.
But in the EntityWelder tool there is a small bug. The output x-file spells out a texture with a TGA extension instead of the included DDS.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 05:52
Hi Lidot.
Thanks for reporting the finding. Which entity was it causing a bug, I can then fix it.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 06:30 Edited at: 4th Jan 2022 06:31
Some upcoming updates over the next few days/weeks:

1. apply a fix for .tga issue reported by Lidot (which entity?)
2. update where applicable to the latest version of DBOFastReader (v0.48)
3. HM2GG-re-introduce the exporting of the terrain model. Hopefully can make this better.
4. CSG punch/weld in realtime.
5. updates to FPI2LUA
6. update the software updater code (again)
7. maybe re-introduce scaling of levels/models etc, although this will affect the textures
8. Anything else I or anyone that uses the apps can think of
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 11:56 Edited at: 4th Jan 2022 11:57
Hi m8, is there anyway on level mode output we could maybe remove sections, like unwanted walls, floors, ceilings, entities
so we could reduce the size so it can be imported into fragmotion without the 655555 to big issue. I currently have to
import the .x into Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro and have to slowly remove sections. But the issue with that is because it removes
groups instead of sections it removes sections that I want to keep because you
can not just select the parts of the section in the level you want to save to import into fragmotion.

See Pic

Why don't I just create a level smaller you ask... I can but this is for levels of games that are from starmnd server that are already
created and there is no FMP file to edit in fps creator. So is it possible yay or nay to have the ability to add a remove unwanted individual
segments and entities in AW.

Thanks

Attachments

PM
Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Bored of the Rings!
EW doesn't just copy an x-file. He translates it from binary to text format.
Most often, after opening the resulting x-files, they contained references to non-existent TGA textures. But there are also variants with JPG instead of DDS.
In theory, EW should just take and copy the texture pointer, and not prescribe something else.
Here's the part of the code in the resulting x-file that is responsible for referencing the texture:

Hi Super Clark!
I think you want to raise the bar for a free tool too high. This program is already unique: there is no other tool for exporting the created FPSC levels. But it's not a model editor. You can demand such complex functions, for example, from the company "Autodesk", which employs more than one hundred programmers.
PM
Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Bored of the Rings, don't change the scaling, please. This is easy to achieve in the target game engine.
PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 13:30
@ Lidot
Quote: "You can demand such complex functions"

Not sure were you got I was demanding this to be done,,, and just to point out I purchased this app from BOTR
when it fist was release as I have all his other apps... so unlike you getting it free some of us do contribute to development.
PM
Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Not sure were you got I was demanding this to be done,,, and just to point out I purchased this app from BOTR
when it fist was release as I have all his other apps... so unlike you getting it free some of us do contribute to development."

However, you have no arguments against it. You did not buy the developer himself for that little money, but only what he offered at that time. So please use it.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 13:56
Quote: "Hi m8, is there anyway on level mode output we could maybe remove sections, like unwanted walls, floors, ceilings, entities
so we could reduce the size so it can be imported into fragmotion without the 655555 to big issue. I currently have to
import the .x into Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro and have to slowly remove sections. But the issue with that is because it removes
groups instead of sections it removes sections that I want to keep because you
can not just select the parts of the section in the level you want to save to import into fragmotion."

of course, I don't see why not, anything is possible.

So, yes originally, the program was not free. Almost 10,000 views later, I am still developing the program, with a bit of a much needed break and demand dwindled for a while and therefore I removed the price and let's face it most people want everything for free these days.

EW-works as it should, however, I might put in an option to allow user to keep original format ie.. binary form and not the converted ASCII form.

All apps will get some sort of TLC, weaponWelder / FPI2LLUA converter really need some attention.

Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "EW-works as it should, however, I might put in an option to allow user to keep original format ie.. binary form and not the converted ASCII form.
"

Bored of the Rings, it's not about ASCII.
Why the texture pointer changes is the question.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 14:36
@Lodit: show me the original and converted .X file showing where the texture changes (I don't think you mean pointer).
Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "show me the original and converted .X file showing where the texture changes (I don't think you mean pointer)."

Bored of the Rings, hold.
Look - there is no JPG file in the textures at all. There are only DDS.
Why EW prescribes a dummy texture is not clear...
PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 14:52
@Lidot
Quote: "You did not buy the developer himself for that little money, but only what he offered at that time. So please use it."

I was not asking for your input on the matter, I was asking a simple question was it possible or not . so please in future please refrain
from answering questions I ask that were not meant for you to answer. Notice I said PLEASE.
PM
Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I was not asking for your input on the matter, I was asking a simple question was it possible or not . so please in future please refrain
from answering questions I ask that were not meant for you to answer. Notice I said PLEASE."

No problem. Further, I don't notice your questions.
PM
Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Bored of the Rings, I attached an archive to the message, but for some reason it does not appear
PM
Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 15:02 Edited at: 4th Jan 2022 15:03
I'll have to post a link to the exchanger: :
https://dropmefiles.com/aBdZN
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 15:02
@Lidot-no problem , screenshots will be sufficient.
Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 15:12 Edited at: 4th Jan 2022 15:18
Bored of the Rings, I posted the link post above.
Follow the link archive with three files.
Archive password: 123
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 15:18
it's password protected.
Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "it's password protected."

Password - 123
This exchanger is a bit unusual ))
PM
Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Bored of the Rings, I actually solved this problem simply because I use these static objects in another game engine. There, this was solved by simply dragging and dropping the texture file into the material parameter field.
But nevertheless, the error of writing to the file is a bug.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 15:50
@Lidot- not a problem, it will be fixed in the next EW release.
Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2022 15:56 Edited at: 4th Jan 2022 15:59
By the way, the same incorrect pointer to the texture is present in the obj file.
Only for him, this pointer is written in the mtl-file of the material:

I didn't find any other bugs!
So the work overall is excellent.
PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2022 20:49
Hi BOTR, Just been trying to convert some dbo files to .x and unfortunately it does not work in the new AW
so I tried using that 1.6 version of dbo2xobj and the output is incorrect see pic attached.

The big table is the standard table in FPSC the small one it the output from dbo2xobj ... but it gets even weird
I imported the small table into fragmotion re-scaled it to the correct size, so I tried to see if it was ok now
in FPSC and nope it wont even load in FPSC. Did same with some other dbo files and same issue.any ideas why this is happening.

they work in GG once re-scaled in fragmotion.

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2022 20:57 Edited at: 5th Jan 2022 21:11
@Super Clark: Where can I find the model, so I can take a look at it, I mean which FPSC model pack? I just re-installed FPSC with BlackIceMod new version so don't have many model packs re-installed at the moment. thanks Mike (BOTR),
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2022 21:10 Edited at: 5th Jan 2022 21:16
its a Free models I will attach it. there is a few models dbo files you can try as they are all the same issue

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2022 21:40 Edited at: 5th Jan 2022 21:42
ok, so I scaled the table2 .dbo file or .x file into FM using 10% (uniform). exported it. created a .FPE file (based on a generic FPSC table (I'm using BIM advanced now). here is the FPE:

Notice I changed the texture file name to table2_D2.dds and added effect entity_basic.fx. I specified the model as my scaled .X model.
The DBOFastReader version (DBO2X) is now at v0.49 and is yet to be implemented into AW 3.1. Even after using v0.49, the table comes out but is really small. This is not a standard FPSC model asset I'm assuming.

Lots of updates going on at the moment to all tools used by AW 3.1. Watch this space.

Attachments

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2022 22:01 Edited at: 5th Jan 2022 22:08
yep that worked m8 thank you. been at it for hours was getting to me lol.

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 09:08 Edited at: 6th Jan 2022 09:09
@Super Clark - glad it now works. I really like the BIM advanced, it's more exciting than ever before.

@All-please refrain from using the AW 3.1 FPSC level port for now as there is an error with an update to a function I did, so I just need to revert it back to the way it was. This is to do with the folder creation side. I should listen to my own advice sometimes i.e. if it aint broke don't fix it.

Going to be working on FPI2LUA-let's get this baby up and running again. there is tons to do on this-it's quite bare at the moment. I need to revisit my historical FPI2LUA posts to see where I got and look at the program history in the source, It's a bit vague what I did last.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 09:30 Edited at: 6th Jan 2022 09:31
I have put AW v3.2 onto my server if anyone would like to test for me to see if they also get v3.2 (using AW 3.1 installer version).
This just fixes the issue mentioned above, nothing exciting yet. I tested locally here and all updated fine, but hoping you guys can connect to my server ok and update.

thanks
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 11:18
just a heads up. it seems the BlackIceMod advanced version isn't compatible with the current AW 3.2. I will look into it when I can. I recommend just using the last version of the original FPSC.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 11:29 Edited at: 6th Jan 2022 11:43
all I get when i select update software is see pic

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 11:48 Edited at: 6th Jan 2022 11:50
@Super Clark-does the CMD window eventually close or does it flash several times. What it's doing is connecting to my server and checking file date/times and getting current folders. if it's getting stuck then I probably need to check my end see why users not connecting.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 11:51 Edited at: 6th Jan 2022 11:54
So far all it is doing is open then close over and over m8 with flashing courser...

/edit ok left it to do its stuff - it keeps doing the above for 9 times then just closes but no update still v.3.1
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 12:10 Edited at: 6th Jan 2022 12:17
hmmm, odd, I have done some tweaking this end, firewall, internet etc.
Please can you try the following if you have time:

1. enter ftp:://192.168.1.183 in your browser address bar
2. select internet explorer
3. for user name and password use ftp-user

You should see Autowelder folder containing the new EXE and other folders/files.

Attachments

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 12:31
Quote: "CMD window eventually close or does it flash several times."
Did both for me, but in the end, no update.

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 12:36
Quote: "1. enter ftp:://192.168.1.183 in your browser address bar
2. select internet explorer"
Says address not found.

PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 12:45
nope

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 12:51
ok thanks both for reporting, I know what it is, I need to do some more testing and fix. I will send v3.2 as an install file again later today if I get a chance.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 12:53 Edited at: 6th Jan 2022 12:56
you can try this, which is another server (my non static public server IP address):

ftp://109.147.32.181/Autowelder/

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 12:57
Nope

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 12:59
its 181 not 81
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2022 13:00
YUP
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:55:57
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:55:57