Third Party Tools / Autowelder - last version (porting in complete FPSC FPM levels)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "classic terrain"

Hi, Bored of the Rings! I never used it, by the way. I should try it sometime.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2022 07:56 Edited at: 11th Feb 2022 07:57
well the tool was predominantly designed for GG Classic / users. Of course, the AGK version is currently far superior to the GG one. Still being worked on
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2022 12:57
Thanks for the update Mike, I can not try anything yet as I have had to do a full clean install of windows due to
Black Ice Advanced corrupted my SSD drive that 60% of my files just crashed all the time.

Will not be reinstalling that again for sure.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2022 13:16
@Super Clark-yes BIM has certainly got issues, it hasn't messed my drive , but now I have uninstalled it a short time ago. I had issues with it. I have FPSC dev kit installed so I can make my own FPSC engine updates.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++ VS2019, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, others
Hardware: ULTRA FAST Quad Core Gaming PC Tower WIFI & 16GB 1TB HDD & Win 10 (x64), Geforce GTX1060(3GB). Dell Mixed Reality VR headset, Aerodrums 3D
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2022 14:15 Edited at: 11th Feb 2022 14:18
If your create an engine update I will have a copy of yours even if you release as a purchase option.

I have set up a virtual drive now on my system and also window sandbox to test stuff in future instead of
blindly installing software then finding out when it's too late they have issues.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2022 17:48 Edited at: 11th Feb 2022 17:49
here are links to the fpms and entities containing the fixed legacy door / door frame (scifi and ww2 only).

mapbank:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KdVDftdmf_qGq15BEtHYQ_kUgNzYHAzs/view?usp=sharing

fixed entities:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kGA2MEqCG71HIkwb4oGo_3aKlG-FjD8Q/view?usp=sharing

copy to the appropriate folders in GG classic i.e. mapbank and entitybank/user or somewhere preferable to you.

The AutoWelder (AW) will eventually have the sub project code which fixes the Frame/Limb transform matrix/Animation position or Matrix positions. Not as easy as you think.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2022 10:04 Edited at: 12th Feb 2022 12:24
Hi Mike, Ok so I found an issue and a fix at same time.....

Issue : If collisionmode is set to 1 and you walk to close to the doors or frames the become transparent and sometimes you can walk right through the door frames once the door is open.

Fix : set collisionmode to 0 on doors
set collisionmode to 1 on door frames,
Add+ defaultstatic = 1 to all door frames as it is missing in FPE files.

Now when you walk up to the doors you no longer have the issue of transparent doors or frames..

1 Outstanding issue remains but this is down to GG issue - sci-fi door D - (Vent Door) When you crouch down to pass through the vent door you are blocked due to GG hole size constraints' I can only assume, This can be fixed if the door is scaled up in size in GG then you are able to pass through.
I have placed the Start Play Marker in front of the working Scaled up sci-fi door D - (Vent Door) to show it does work.

I have attached Modified FPE files for the Sci-Fi Doors as well as Door Frame Icons, also my Map with all sci-fi doors set up. Just unpack the Rar file then copy and paste the new .FPE new files in to the correct corresponding doors folders when it asks and overnight say yes.

In order for the map to load correctly,

Make sure you have BOTRings ' fixed_for_GGClassic ' unzipped folder in dir

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Guru\Files\entitybank\user

This is only for this map testing - once you are happy that you can see the doors are working you can put the doors that BOTRings fixed where ever you want to in GG entitybank..

1 Additional Note the Key Door version no longer works as I have checked GamGuru Scriptbank and it is no longer their
I have a back up of it converted by you Mike but it crashes GameGuru

Hope this is not stepping on your toes Mike....

I am testing the WW2 doors I will post my findings as well as any files I adjust...

//EdIt I am updating the doors again for the different types / Press E (Open) - Remote - Auto - Static ,,, I will add them again

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2022 11:30 Edited at: 12th Feb 2022 11:35
yes, feel free to do whatever is required in the FPE, the sub program only fixes the door sinking into terrain issue, the FPE's were just a straight copy from FPSC with small modifications made for the demo. When the code gets put into main Autowelder app code, AW automatically assigns collisionmode and defaultstatic fpe options.

As for scaling, yes I might add this option back into AW as it was in very old version of SegAutoWelder back in the day.
Nomad Soul
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2022 15:20
Yeah so I've been trying to download AutoWelder from the FTP using the details below but I can't connect:

Host: ftp://109.147.32.181/Autowelder/
Username: ftp-user
Password: ftp-user
Port:21

Are these correct or am I doing something wrong. Am using FileZilla client.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2022 16:17
No your not doing anything wrong, server is not up at the moment, I am doing some changes. Will be up later when I get back home. Sorry for inconvenience
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2022 07:01
the ip address is now 109.147.137.139. I will let you know when it's possible to gain access again. Lots of updates going on at the moment. Please bare with me.
Nomad Soul
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2022 13:03
Ok thanks, I'll wait for the confirmation.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2022 14:46 Edited at: 13th Feb 2022 14:48
Hi Mike I am having some trouble with scifi \ door_d Door Vent Duct (Remote)
The issue is in picture below I have set door inside frame as it should be, see pic below

But when you activate the remote switch the door opens fine, < But! > when the door closes it is leaving
as gap at the bottom between the vent door and frame, see pic below

I have even tried to adjust in fragmotion but I get similar results when you close the door... spent 8 hours
on it yesterday trying to fix it. Any chance can you help see what up with it please when you get some free time, It's just your original files I am using but with a remote switch

the only adjustment I made is scale to 106 so you can now pass through the door when it opens.

Here is the set up FPE
;header
desc = Door Vent Duct (Remote)

;ai
;aiinit = appear.lua
aimain = doorremote.lua
;aidestroy = disappear.lua

;AIKey (plrhaskey=1)
usekey = %

;spawn
spawnmax = 0
spawndelay = 0
spawnqty = 0

;orientation

model = door_d_x_fixed.dbo
offx = 0
offy = 50
offz = 0
rotx = 0
roty = 0
rotz = 0
scale = 106
default height = 0
materialindex = 3
collisionmode = 0
soundset = audiobank\scifi\scenery\doors\open.wav
soundset1 = audiobank\scifi\scenery\doors\close.wav

;visualinfo
;textured = texturebank\scifi\scenery\doors\door_d\door_d_d2.tga
;effect = effectbank\bumpent\bumpent.fx
textured = door_d_d2.dds
effect = effectbank\reloaded\entity_basic.fx

;identity details
strength = 0
isimmobile = 1

;animationinfo
animmax = 1
anim0 = 1,30

I have tried all I know so if you can look at it when you have time that would help... I will not add the doors to the other thread post until I know they all work with - Key / Use / Remote / Auto.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2022 15:43 Edited at: 13th Feb 2022 17:26
I'm not getting that issue at all, anim0 should be anim0 = 1,31 as GG anim frames work slightly different to FPSC. frame 0 is the initial pose.
adding frame 31 should close the vent door fully.

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2022 17:03
Nope tried that also it creates a gap at the top .... no clue why this is happening... I'm at a loss on a good note I got the use key version to work.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2022 17:28
I'm using GG classic December fixes version. I don't get that issue at all.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2022 18:14 Edited at: 13th Feb 2022 19:05
Yes Mike I am using Christmas fixes version
here is what I get

FIXED IT - in Fragmotion and scale door to 109

PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2022 17:39 Edited at: 14th Feb 2022 17:40
Hi Mike, I have noticed there is a change in texture colour on the same doors for all model versions in sci-fi
the only difference I can see is the lua script for that animation. See attached pic. I have added the doors C collection in attachments
I have converted the dbo files to .X format - I tested the original Dbo files you supplied and it happens with them also.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Attachments

PM
Nomad Soul
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2022 10:30 Edited at: 15th Feb 2022 10:32
Yeah so I downloaded Autowelder from the FTP but there is no exe in the root directory.

There are some exes in the tools folder but i can't see a way to launch autowelder ?

Is anyone able to confirm or maybe upload the latest working version for me.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2022 10:44
yes, the EXE is not ready yet, I will let all know when ready for downloading , please bare with me.
Nomad Soul
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2022 10:55
Thanks mate. No worries ...
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2022 10:54
Mike, any ideas why the texture are lighter on some versions of the doors?
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2022 11:23
hmmm, diff texture file/DXT? , Shader FX file same thoughout?
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2022 14:44 Edited at: 16th Feb 2022 14:59
EXE now available using FTP IP 109.147.137.139 (this is non-static till I sort out static IP), also please copy the AWconfig.ini as it now has added setting (till I sort out static IP address). Server is usually up and running between 09:00 till 19:30 at least , due to various reasons.

Software update button is temp disabled due to some code issues I'm having.
Please note this version (v3.6) does not include any new updates as such as I am still working on sub project codes e.g. door sinking in GG terrain. Hopefully major updated will happen in v3.7 if I can sort out issues.

added FTP info to 1st post on page 1
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2022 15:30 Edited at: 16th Feb 2022 19:02
added installer for v3.6 for now for convenience. Works with FileZilla.

Attachments

Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone can connect ftp for almost free... - buy any domain, and get free hosting up to 2 GB
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2022 15:26
v3.7 uploaded to my FTP site, this just fixes the software update issue I was having.
Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "this just fixes the software update issue I was having."

Hey there, Bored of the Rings!
I, for example, would remove the item "update" in conditions of unstable ftp. And would leave just the author's contacts for feedback.
PM
Nomad Soul
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2022 18:06
Finally managed to get the software BEFORE the server went down.

This was like being on the crystal maze TV show.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2022 18:31
Ha, server is still up till around 19:30 UK time. FTP site is stable was my code which wasn't quite correct in last version, so disabled code till I fixed it. I can't use my business servers so you guys are getting a cheapy version.
reggenzuigt
Years of Service
User Offline
this tool is harder to get than chris-chan's dimensional merge.

consider putting it on google again or archive.org?
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2022 04:05
Ha I've ruffled the silent partners and night owls . Just kidding.

I will put back on Google drive, but updates will be through temp FTP server till I get a static IP sorted if I think it's worth paying for it.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2022 07:40 Edited at: 18th Feb 2022 07:46
ok, this morning I have taken the executive decision to create a new domain under BOTRDEV.COM which will host my new website/ftp files/email/office etc as obviously I can't use my LTD company site/servers, it needs to be separate as I am a freelance statistical programmer / Data Scientist in the Pharma world , companies such as Astrazeneca, GSK etc. This has cost me , but I think long term is worth it.

When AutoWelder gets to version 4 , I will impose a small charge , around £5-10 to support my new domain upkeep as well as providing software updates and continue future development of various tools/products (not necessarily TGC related).

I will be transferring all software files over to the new domain today and setup a public ftp login (read only). That way the IP address will be static and I won't have to keep providing IP address each month. There will be no server down time (for you late nighters )

Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "it needs to be separate as I am a freelance statistical programmer / Data Scientist in the Pharma world , companies such as Astrazeneca, GSK etc. This has cost me , but I think long term is worth it"

Hi, Bored of the Rings. Respect!
These are now very famous companies.
PM
Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2022 09:06 Edited at: 18th Feb 2022 09:08
Does anyone need such a beautiful Aiko?
This is a little FX shader for her.

Attachments

PM
reggenzuigt
Years of Service
User Offline
ok so I downloaded it today, did everything according to the tutorial but as soon as I try to load it up in GameGuru it crashes, a lot.

it also looked hopeful that you can import FPSC levels in GameGuru (apparently?) but that too crashed, a lot. Even when I just made a few simple levels with just some walls and floors and a light.

I am very bummed at this since I could have used this really well. Also I'd like to ask where can I find FBX2GG? I hope that works and I really want / need it.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2022 19:26
What OS are you using? Any errors? Screenshots? Are you running as admin?
Have you got dotnet 3.5 installed? What c++ redistributable have you got installed?

reggenzuigt
Years of Service
User Offline
It just crashes out in GameGuru when I try loading the .x level. I have Windows 7, I am running as admin. I dont think I have dotnet 3.5 installed im not sure, your software did run, and gameguru runs of course. C++ I have 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2015-2019
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2022 20:43 Edited at: 18th Feb 2022 20:44
to see if you have dotnet 3.5 installed, see pic below:

If AutoWelder isn't crashing, but GG is crashing then it's either a GG issue or .x file issue. What happens if you try porting over an FPSC level that comes with FPSC e.g. ww2 or scifi ? Do you have the FPSC fpm? I might be able to have a look see what's going on.
I'm assuming you must have directX installed otherwise FPSC would n't run.
reggenzuigt
Years of Service
User Offline
yup i checked that just earlier after you mentioned .net i have that installed just like you showed on the screen shot. when i try porting a level that already came with FPSC it also crashes, that was actually the first thing I tried.
I have DirectX 11.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2022 21:05
I will check it out using AW v3.6 , v3.7 and latest v.3.8 using the FPSC ww2 level. Not sure which GG classic version you are using, I am using the latest DEc??
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2022 21:12 Edited at: 18th Feb 2022 21:18
when you build say ww2 level in FPSC are you using the following selections:

Also select no shader effects.
I'm using FPSC v120. please also, if you can double click on the .x file so that it attempts to load in the directx viewer. it should display textured:

Attachments

reggenzuigt
Years of Service
User Offline
that lightmap thing did the trick! thank you so much, its working now. you just solved a tremendous dillema for me that I had before, FPSC has that wonderful segment level building thing which is great for massive buildings etc, and gameguru well gameguru is gameguru and its just wonderful. being able to just use them together, and just build big massive buildings in FPSC solves everything.

I can't thank you enough, thank you so much. this is amazing. thank you for taking the time to help me out, you rock!
I hope maybe for future searches this may help someone else too if they run in to the same problem!
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2022 21:33 Edited at: 18th Feb 2022 21:34
ah that's great. I attach all pics from versions of AW 3.6-3.8:

you can include all entities and weapons by selecting them through the level options menu (including all converted FPI->LUA although you will most likely get a lot of errors at runtime) when you go into GGC test mode as a lot of the scripts are not fully functional. you can load the fpm from mapbank or you can load the level under where you saved the level out to in GG.

Have a play around. I'll be adding more stuff in the future.
reggenzuigt
Years of Service
User Offline
I will definitely keep an eye on it! This is quite literally a game changer!
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2022 21:37
is it raining in Germany? I used to live in Biberach south of Germany
reggenzuigt
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm in the netherlands, and its storming really bad here right now!
PM
Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, friends!
I don't know why you couldn't convert without errors, but everything works fine for me. And I always have everything turned on to the max - shaders, textures, lightmap!
And on these maximum parameters I've always exported, starting with version AW 2.7 !
PM
Lidot
Years of Service
User Offline
I have another question:
- Will you be able to adapt the FBX character for your GG and FPSC games?
If you can, then I can upload such characters.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2022 06:10 Edited at: 19th Feb 2022 06:10
@reggenzuigt : sorry wrong country, I lived in Leiden for 6 months and worked in Leiderdorp, back in 2004 now, very nice it was too.

@Lidot, sorry I'm not sure what you mean by "Will you be able to adapt the FBX character for your GG and FPSC games? ".
Please can you expand a bit more?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:11:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:11:10