Product Chat / [LOCKED] Less updates this year?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Belidos; Next;

I keep forgetting that TGCStore.net isn't financially the
same or even partially the same as TheGameCreators?!?

Perhaps that's something that would help though.
A GG store? But obviously that's a fish out of water
suggestion I assume!

It seems some of those purchases should go to TGC
if not GG because the GG side of the store is obviously
stuff bought by GG customers- and those customers
then have an inherent interest in GG's stable function!
They're all together (TGC) at least the name implies that.
Anyhoo......

Hey, you don't know if AGK Studio is going to support 3D?
Ya know like Game Maker Studio now supports 3D?
Just wishful thinking-- I know there is GG Loader and all,
just wondering/ hoping AGK Studio might in house support
3D, then maybe time to transfer?
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2019 18:12
Corno,

Yes it cost maybe 4 times more than GG (you have to pay for the manual/tutorials??? And for the editor? LOL )
But that didn’t answer my question... who need it, if you can use similar complicated tools which are AAA quality.... Unity, Unreal.

Btw. I always said they’re selling GG toooo cheap.

Corno, I guess you didn’t get the point...

Sure Epic developed the Unreal Engine for their game Unreal.
But over the years they always had their focus on ONE development tool, which they constantly updating. The Unreal Engine. As I said Epic is a different story, they had very early enough money & manpower to develop their in-house engine and their games.

But I don’t think that TGC have that much money same Epic had end of the 90s.
So maybe it would be a good idea for such a small team, to keep their focus on one product and try to make it the best one available. (Non-coding 3D game Engine).

Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 7th Apr 2019 18:13
Quote: "Belidos; Next;

I keep forgetting that TGCStore.net isn't financially the
same or even partially the same as TheGameCreators?!?

Perhaps that's something that would help though.
A GG store? But obviously that's a fish out of water
suggestion I assume!

It seems some of those purchases should go to TGC
if not GG because the GG side of the store is obviously
stuff bought by GG customers- and those customers
then have an inherent interest in GG's proper function!
They're all together (TGC) at least the name implies that.
Anyhoo......"

The GC store used to be called the TGC store, and was owned by The Game Creators until October 2016 when they sold the store to Jason (The Next), that's why the GameGuru stuff can be downloaded directly inside GameGuru, and it was stagnating a little until then, but has expanded and improved so much since Jason purchased it. At the moment Jason is starting to focus more on generic format models usable by any game engine, and he's been working hard lately, he fixed at least half a dozen long term bugs with the site just while we were chatting with him on discord yesterday.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 02:31
I went to look at AGK-S. Just looking at the feature page made knots in my stomach. I now have this feeling that's almost certain, that GG will be going the way of FPSC. I'm not really happy about that because I have invested a huge amount of money supporting GG, from the very beginning. I also had supported the TGC Store and now those models are hard to integrate into GG. I can't believe that I had invested in vapor-ware or a vapor-engine.
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
GG is great for prototyping your game .
but it cannot compete with other software for creating games ,
unity ect are great but i have always loved the underdog engine.
i will continue to use GG for testing ideas,
but the s2 engine hos now had 2019 update,
if your are looking for something while you are waiting for GG.
then take a look at the link,
the future of indie engines. AGK S will falter . as will some of the big engine names.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPCv6F-IgXU
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 07:57
Turned on PC this morning and there was a small 180mb update on steam, anyone know what this has updated or bugfixed???
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 09:26
last update was the 25March2019 - "March Fixer", no idea what was fixed.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 11:58
So what is the state of Game Guru right now, no list on updates, bugfixes and all this talk of AGK Studio.

The silence is deafening.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Roland D05 Synth Module, Bluedio Victory V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics. Acer Swift i3 Laptop with Intel Optane memory, Intel 620UHD GPU, Windows 10 64bit.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 12:52 Edited at: 11th Apr 2019 12:54
state of GameGuru: seems like an abandoned mess to me from what I can figure.
AGK Studio at the moment is currently an editor (alpha release only) but will eventually have the Vulkan graphics engine. the official release is not until June (apparently). It succeeds AGK classic and only runs AGK classic tier1 code. I own it and have played around with it. I'm not going to comment on it at the moment as it's early stages. If you want to know more, go onto the gamecreators website. Preben is one of the developers.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 13:54
The March fixer replaced the code for encryption that was left out of the previous build by mistake.

Considered investing in agk-s, but was too ticked of with having only just shelled out for agk and it's visual editor.

I am convinced that tgc are not committed to finishing Game Guru, will not be spending another cent on their products.

How can you have any confidence that agk-s will be completed.

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 14:22 Edited at: 11th Apr 2019 14:24
I wonder how many years it would take to complete GameGuru to a 'Fully Working' Game Producing engine ?
1, 2, 5, 10, mmmmm .. how much more would it cost in buying models for a engine that will never meet
our requirements? I personally have decided not to buy anymore models from the store or DLC's as
I will never be in a position to make a working game that's for sure. My advise instead of spending your
hard earned cash on GG or models for GG treat your self to a console and games, at least that way
you will get more enjoyment and satisfaction from that than you will ever get from making a game with
GameGuru? . AKA FPSC Classic oh and Lets not forget FPSx10 also The famous FPSC RELOADED.
R.I.Peaces all above.
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 15:04 Edited at: 11th Apr 2019 15:08
We all need to know if GameGuru is going to be "abandoned" any time soon.

Will AGK - Studio be a hybrid of AGK and GameGuru?

tier 1 in AGK studio a form of BASIC?

Be nice if AGK Studio could accept LUA coding too....

I too have spent a lot of cash on store assets and also many of the official DLC, while GameGuru is usable and
stable, it would be nice if someone high up in TGC could give some re-assurance as to GameGuru's future outlook.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 15:20 Edited at: 11th Apr 2019 15:21
I think from the moment that GG went GitHub, I think it was pretty obvious it was going to be a downward spiral. Come on let's get real. GG was never going to be completed by one person and freelancers need to be paid properly at an hourly rate, no matter how good that one person is at programming , other business duties/responsibilities will take away the resource to continue development and slow down any chance of progression.

I bought AGKS out of curiosity to see what the fuss is all about. I have no doubt somewhere in the future, that will too get abandoned in true TGC fashion, for something else new and shiny and the endless loop will go on and on and on......
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm ...
Guys, do not let their heads hang. It is not yet law that this is the end. This only applies when the famous sentence appears: for reasons ... the development is stopped. And let's be honest, who really has such a Burner in stock, which puts everything else in the shade? I see it this way, if the thing goes down the drain, and TGC no longer works on GG, no update can destroy the previously created levels. Always think positive. There are a lot of people muddling around here who understand something about the matter. You have to take advantage of that. I do not think a cummunity project works, but why should not I be fooled. I have already experienced projects (other topics), which were created only for fun and rocking more and more. Or different. Just look at the simplest games, Slenderman and stuff like that. You do not need a top engine for that. Important is a good idea, a crisp story and the right sound (very important!) Graphical things are rather secondary. Let it melt on your tongue and do not demonize GG too much.

P.S. So when I see the translation results from Aunt google like that, I have my doubts that anyone here can understand it the way I wrote it.
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 15:33
Some good points lafetteII, I still will carry on with my latest project. As I am doing a lot of custom LUA in it, and so far everything is working 100%.

GameGuru is a fantastic little engine. I will always think that, and having used S2engine, Godot and Gamemaker Studio 2, I still think GameGuru is by far the easiest to get something good working.

I may well purchase AGK Studio once I know a little more about it, there is very little information about it at the moment.
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 15:57
I see dozens of (development) updates:

9th April - Added debug logging of VR system as part of PRODUCELOGFILES dynamic flag in SETUP.INI
9th April - Added second test game button for VR specific testing, fixed focus issues and made general G icon
9th April - Improved VR system for standalone games, and added image and video playback in VR

6th April - Added teleport under touchpad control

2nd April - Got right cntroller position visualised, now build on that orientation, left hand and teleport
2nd April - Fixed visual artefacts and added in-game thumbstick and trigger controls

1st April - Can now detect input from motion controller (test only), can expand this to restore full VR controls using thumbsticks and look into teleport feature

29 March - Added branding code for IDE and Core graphics switch
29 March - Fixed sky and scale issues (needs in-game calibration for player seated/standing height adjustment).
29 March - Now compiles and runs in release mode - need to fix sky and split screen issue
29 March - Now renders under WMR smoothly, left and right camera rendering direct to device, view/proh/idp sorted. Now we refine the in-game controls and motions.

28 March - Good Progress - rendering some stuff in left eye - now need to expose info for HMD view and projection, then get right eye working by slicing view from render target

And the list goes on and on and on from January ...

This to me looks to be the opposite to what you guys are fearing, in that GameGuru is getting active and sustained development work.

It is not developing to what I read most people are looking for next in GG i.e. lighting & performance improvements, dynamic shadows and bug fixes.

However it does appear to me that Lee has very much not given up on GG and is working hard to add some great new VR capbility for us that I think will be a great asset to GG future sustainability as a product.

With regards to AGK-S and the like, my view is small companies have to do whatever it takes to stay alive and keep staff paid, so I will never begrudge an owner for trying new things, bringing new products to market - you have to to keep funds rolling in. And in the end without a viable TGC company, Game Guru dies anyway? So I can see why it may be upsetting to see other development on other products but it is just a fact of life for small companies, they can't rely on one product (unless they have a golden one of a kind product).

I'm finding that GG is extremely stable and capable at the moment and am loving developing with it. That said I've made many changes to the engine to circumvent issues and make it do what I need, so I know it has flaws and it can be incredibly frustrating at times.

So I'd say, don't give up on GG until Lee tells you to - I am seeing the direct opposite of its demise - I see Lee coding for its future - VR & WMR - and also standalone multiplayer.

I'd love to be able to VR into worlds you & I have bullt in GG, I really would.

Cheers.
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 16:18
That's good news. Where are the dev logs????? Am I missing something here...... github?
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 16:21
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 16:23
thanks for that, I never knew that existed.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 17:55 Edited at: 11th Apr 2019 19:36
Quote: "thanks for that, I never knew that existed. "

Im guessing no one did or they would be aware that there was some MP work started a few weeks ago as well ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 19:07 Edited at: 11th Apr 2019 19:10
It boils down to the same thing again ,Lack of communication from Lee and (GameGuruEvan) I like that name

( Also there are a lot of added in that list ,not many fixed )

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 19:26
Because making an already poorly-optimised engine render everything twice is really going to solve our performance problems

Seriously though, it's good to see work being done to GG but, again, it's mostly superfluous new features, not bug fixes as was promised. Do GG's Steam metrics really show an appetite for VR amongst our userbase?

AE
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 19:38
With respect to information on this being released, I try to cover github changes on my weekly report. Granted that's all done without any direct input from the team so what you see is what you get but you can clearly see I brought up the alpha site stuff on the report a while ago:

http://gamegurureport.blogspot.com

The fact is that work is being done, perhaps not much as we'd like, but it is being done. I'm looking for big feature adds from 3rd party devs this year. If you feel comfortable giving to the donation pot - that's probably your best way to kickstart things.

The first half of the year though appears fairly static.
Here's to hoping to some big bug fixes/performance gains.
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 23:39 Edited at: 12th Apr 2019 00:32
Quote: "Added debug logging of VR system"

Lol - is it really still April 1st over there?

Grass: bugged out
Terrain Paint: try it
Lighting: abysmal
Lightmaps: do only mine not work porperly
Standalone: memory woes

No more features - make whats there work properly first.

Direction would be good, randomicity - it is a word now - is well random, but doesn't get issues sorted...

-----

If you have to code then may as well use the likes of GoDot or any of the other big players. Surely TGC can't compete with them.

Game Guru is unique - concentrate on that.

It is way too cheap - make it better and sell it for more.

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
Argent Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Frankly, if they are not going to make lighting the number one thing to concentrate on and fix, then they can shove all the rest of the stuff as far as I'm concerned. Lighting and shadows functioning properly are a must. I mean, these are VIDEO games (with an emphasis on what people SEE). And, along with that, stability.
PM
bluemeenie195
Years of Service
User Offline
Lighting and memory should be the number one things, hands down. Nothing else should matter until they are fixed.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2019 06:08 Edited at: 12th Apr 2019 17:48
So is the DLC updates just a way to continue an income stream with GG? Seems to be the only update we get and in some cases it doesn't even relate to us for those of us with no interest in the updated DLC themes.

I went through the whole FPSCx9 to FPSCx10 phase then from FPSCx10 back to FPSCx9 phase... then FPSCx9 to FPSC2 discussions then that to the Kickstarter with FPSCReloaded, to FPSC Reloaded community funded (paid $100) to Game Guru (FPSCx11 basically) and truthfully it was all just 1 project with many variants of it from the start.

I've been kind of waiting a long time for the one true first person creator application from TGC. Would be nice to know where things are going with it. We are so close this time.

While we all can throw a bunch of fun suggestions to make maps/games look better in GG, i think taking on the over 100 bug/issues reports might be a better idea first... just saying.. considering we are several months into the reported 6 months of bug fixes.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2019 08:04 Edited at: 12th Apr 2019 08:09
Yes lighting is very important to a piece of software that is basically what you look at.

Preben did some early work on flashlight shadowing, I have said this many times before, but,

Flashlight with shadowing.

Dynamic lights with shadowing, option in properties as to if the light cast shadow or not.

ONLY dynamic light shadows, no sun shadows for indoor scenes.

LUA to control all of the above too.

A big task I have no doubt but important. It will certainly change the way people think about GameGuru if the lighting is better.
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2019 19:27
A short update from the devs would be helpful.
What’s planned for the next months or the complete year 2019. : )
PM
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2019 22:04
Mookai, I second that motion.
Alienware Aurora R7 with SSD 256GB boot drive ( C: ) and a secondary drive ( D: ) that is 2TB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 with Intel Turbo-burst
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8192 MB GDDR5 and 8095 MB shared system memory
UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2019 22:33
Or even a word from Lee a bit more often still showing some interest
in the forums would be nice.

UNIRD12B
Let\'s actually make something happen with this one !
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2019 17:27
march update????
mine is still public beta from november 2018
Harry
When nothing goes right, go left
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2019 18:50 Edited at: 13th Apr 2019 18:51
LOL .. Wonder why steam hasn't auto updated you ?
PM
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2019 19:16
Quote: "LOL .. Wonder why steam hasn't auto updated you ?"

well i don't know
wich version is suposed to be online then now..

Harry
When nothing goes right, go left
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2019 19:46 Edited at: 13th Apr 2019 19:47
This one is at the moment .. latest Beta

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2019 21:12 Edited at: 13th Apr 2019 21:17
My sad Thoughts
definitely the engine needs an urgent update concerning especially memory cache issues
and a lot of other stuff as well
it it a [mod edit: no swearing] mess and i do not believe that decent people who makes decent assets for the store for this engine that they do [Edit] all the time

when i started with game guru i both in the same day GG and S2Engine HD in the same [edit] day
2 years have passed booth have a small team of developers but come on see the difference, GG as no wethar system only porr 3r party with the effort of some coders, if we talk about water it is better do not go in that direction because we can not call water to GG in the bet translucent material .
tools for making decent terrain real paths , weed , groups of tree etc etc and organizes assets well just don't exist
i sincerely do not understand there are a lot of cheap or better ,free game programs outhere
sincerely i do not understand why GG is too behind when we compare
it seems that Unreal and Unity is the far future, Copper Cube and Godot in the middle and far behind Gameguru
and if GG tells everybody that is a no coding program whre are the features to just say to an object show or hide like coperCube and s2engines have, basic non programing stuff that a non programing engine do not have

and if you think that i do not give a [edit] to this engine and community i am one of many trying to do nice sometime free surf in this engine trying to push foward, but come on engine developers get out of your box and see the others because we need a decente GG engine , first of all all the bugs memory issues resolved.
come on people if you want a happy community just start making a decent program, slightly similar to the others that are nowadays in the market
No need to be an Unreal engine copy of a Lumberyard ( free by the way) but come on not the engine that made Spear of Destiny 20 years ago because the water still the same
developers of this [edit] engine start to pay attention that this old guy says
because sometime i thins i am the black sheep of this community, a dirty job but someone has to doi it
and i finish with , yes i will continue to hammer in GG engine trying to make free appealing stuff
and of course also using the other because when we teach this stuff we have to show the students all the bad and good aspects of the marke engines. So please please keep up doing great work but please be better much better
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2019 21:20 Edited at: 13th Apr 2019 21:20
Quote: "because sometime i thins i am the black sheep of this community, a dirty job but someone has to doi it"

In no way, I, for one, never noticed any behaviour out of the ordinary from you except for just now: Please don't swear, not even abbreviated.

-Wolf
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2019 21:26
and if you do not think that there are a lot to do yet check this out
and tell me the is now memory issues here, and the zombie that are core designed, just stand sometime in a gun pose ( no code changed there)
come on people i am the only one who have the …. to talk here ????
i am the only black sheep , may be because i am portuguese we are the initial sea discoverers and adventurers
i know i im not an LUA expert but no need to be 200 QI to see that ther is an very bad core issue here concerning memory management
again i don't thinks that great code creators always do crazy bad mistakes, when they sell stuff in the store
come on engine developers, star correcting the bugs,
or shut down the engine and create another from scratch with contemporary standards
and if somehow i am wrong call me name at will i can handle

https://youtu.be/p8501vgQwCo
Argent Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Uhm, I simply cannot believe that you place Godot with Coppercube. Godot has a very modern, very advanced 3D engine. Coppercube is, at best, "ancient" 3D tech. The distance between the two engines (as far as features and being more modern) is vast. And, frankly, despite the shortcomings of GG, Coppercube is, in my opinion, quite a distance behind GG. Coppercube is pretty easy to use, I'll grant you that, and would be a great tool if your goal is to make a late 90s era FPS game.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "No need to be an Unreal engine copy of a Lumberyard ( free by the way )"

Free, Free, Free .. Always the free pops up when other engines are mentioned.
Free doesn't pay the TGC bills though ..
PM
Argent Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Free comes up because, frankly, it's a consideration when choosing an engine to use for your project/game. Cost is a factor. With some engines, it's the "back end" cost of paying royalties. With others, it's the front end cost of the engine itself (no matter how small that cost might be). And with some, like Godot, there is no cost associated with it at all. Free may not pay the TGC bills, but TGC has to compete in a market where there are "free" engines.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2019 23:32 Edited at: 13th Apr 2019 23:42
Quote: "Free comes up because, frankly, it's a consideration when choosing an engine to use for your project/game. Cost is a factor."

Im a sceptical guy and have always found nothing ever comes free
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2019 01:19
I can see things with GG picking up around June ,not long to wait

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2019 01:59
About June you could be right. If there’re no major problems with their new baby... : )
PM
Comby
Years of Service
User Offline
I haven't given up GG yet, it's still a huge improvement compared to FPSCx9, but as all of you said before me, it's still plagued by the same problems regarding bugs and updates: it makes little sense to me to add new features (no offense, but do we really need VR right now?) if the basic ones don't work properly or don't work at all...

While performance and stability are now quite good (IMO), some bugs and missing details are really annoying, especially considering the fact that they haven't bee fixed in a very long time. I do remember FPSC's updates, which took ages to be released and often made more harm than good, trying to add new stuff while breaking the existing one.

I have zero experience in game/software development, but from what I see in other games, a viable solution is to often release smaller patches for bugfixing and then less frequently a "big one" with all the latest innovations. This also gives the feeling that there's continuous "work in progress" and the community doesn't feel abandoned...
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2019 11:03
Speaking of TGC's new baby, AGK Studio, there is very little about the 3D side of it which uses Vulkan.

Will there be a GameGuru style editor within AGK studio for full 3D level design????

There is no doubt that AGK studio looks impressive with 2D and sprites and 2D level design but before I purchase I would love to know more about the 3D level design side of things too.
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Will there be a GameGuru style editor within AGK studio for full 3D level design???? "

If you can not code, I would not recommend to buy AGK! Maybe there will be a GG To Agk Studio converter, but I am very sure there will be no 3D drag and drop editor for AGK.
Even if there will be a 3D editor, you need to code all stuff which GG do automatically, like entity settings (fpe), make weapons usable, and so on.
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2019 21:26 Edited at: 24th Apr 2019 05:10
Let's see what happens after AGK Studio's initial launch process has commenced fully. If Lee returns to talk about the developers of the multiplayer components to GG, that's fair. Despite my little interest in multiplayer, it would certaintly help some of the current mebers interested and also bring in some outsiders to the product.

Quote: "

The problem with numbers in the editor for positioning is making them useful, for example a typical position for an object placed near the initial start position on an empty map might be:
x = 25672.75, y = 627.6, z = 22730.23

A typical Eular angle for one might be:
xa = -27.636, ya = 78.25, z = 0.567

How would any of those numbers be of any use?

What you would really need is a reference plane or reference point which could be placed on the map and then use that to locate entities as numerical values in relation to it."

I agree, though we could have an offset option. -15x would move it -15x units to the left and 15 would be 15x units to the right. I believe most editors have this already and 3D modeling tools. You place your object and then from there make modifications with the ability to reset them off their offsets to its original state of where it was placed and its original scale (according to its FPE settings, so that if a scale was made in FPE, it would reference that data instead of the model itself, if a scale value was present).

This could be achieved to make it even look less complicated than above. 0 being the anchor point and of which to reference. This would be much better than being forced to only use the widget.

Position Offset
X: 0
Y: 0
Z: 0

Rotation Offset
X: 0
Y: 0
Z: 0

Scale Offset

There are offset FPE options and perhaps these values could all be read from their and displayed within the editor for manipulation. That would be a HUGE improvement. Game Guru's engine already has these offset values playing a role in the instances of entities however there isn't really a way to modify these within the editor apart from the widget or FPE. the LUA commands also play a role on these elements but it be nice if we could combine them all in a way where we can from the editor UI just input the offsets. Even the simplest of engines have this option and i say that as the excuse of "it might make things more complicated for new users" is not the case.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2019 22:59
Guys if you read the link cybernescence has posted it shows Lee has actually been quite busy with Photon which is a very current Multiplayer pluggin amongst other things this is a good step forward in my opinion so I wouldn't chuck your hats in yet Keep at it Lee
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
Somehow I'm a sucker for sticking with First Person Shooter Creator, whoops I mean GG,
because I'm no fan of First Person Shooter Games. And it looks at present that it
is sticking with that genre. There is a lot of work that has been done here for shooting
at soldiers and zombies-- I do grant them that. And MultiPlayer improvements keep
that trend going. So maybe First Person Shooter Creator (woops again, I mean GG)
might just be the go to level maker to take out your frustration with some good ol hot
blazing guns combat! If that's what your into... For me, walking around is more fun.
GG ""game making for everyone""??

Nevertheless, if they do succeed in creating a stable MP environment,
that will be an achievement.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 02:56:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 02:56:02