3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow Fantastic …
Thanks Lafette II.. Cant wait to check it out
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
bluemeenie195
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome ! Thank you
PM
thughto
Years of Service
User Offline
Lafette II you are truly talented and generous!! Thank you for this wonderful gift!!
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 10th Feb 2020 20:11
hI , Lafette II , i have played with your models , and i have to say, the caves are fantastic, i love them.
thanks again for your generosity.

Ps.. just me that is to dumb to get a flame on the torch.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
J_C
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Lafette-II

Can't wait to install these and try them out..
You are the best.. thanks..
PM
reyandekcire
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lafette, so generous of you. Thanks a lot, I'm a big fan of your models and using them extensively in my WIPs. Viel danke
PM
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the comments. Hopefully you won't find the pack too bad. The rather weak response for such a large pack leads me to the conclusion that things have not arrived as I actually thought. I have to think about sitting down again for weeks to keep the community happy with free stuff in these rather quiet times. I think the GGMAX message came at a very bad time for this pack, unfortunately ...

mfLg
PM
reyandekcire
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lafette, no worry, they are absolute great models. I'm more than happy with these, as with all your models by the way, should they be free or paid
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 18:56
Hi Lafette, you know what would work great with the cave tunnel entrance,? some ground around it something like in this pic

this cave system is fantastic, would be even more great if you would make some ground with a opening that snaps around the tunnel entrance
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 21:04 Edited at: 12th Feb 2020 21:12
Guys...
I think I was misunderstood here. I don't expect hymns of praise or thanks, no. Only 22 downloads on both servers. I was not expecting that. That made me skeptical, because otherwise I was used to increasing numbers.
@ PCS There is a floor with a hole in the castle_dungeon folder. There are other entrance possibilities for outside areas

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2020 02:49
Thank you Lafette , im working on a medieval project right now, so it was good timing lol !!!

Attachments

PM
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2020 14:00
Lafette, thanks for these awesome medieval assets. I was already making extensive use of your Mystical Dark Ages pack in my game, Ignite, but these will come in very handy. I'm on holiday at the moment but will be downloading them as soon as I get home!

Thanks again for this generous gift to the community!

AE
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2020 19:24
Wow, somehow I missed this, I will download shortly once my boy asleep. Thanks Lafette. Always impressed with your work.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro, Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2020 23:34
Thanks Lafette II. just got around to see the medieval pack very nice work m8 and very generous for
the gift of such a great pack... 10
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2020 16:08
Fantastic models again sir, thank you

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 14th Feb 2020 19:01
Any chance in making some loose red and green crystals for the cave pack, maybe to use as collectibles
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2020 20:28
I'm working on a script for the traps, here is the progress so far.

Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2020 20:47
Nice one Amen

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce RTX™ 2070 GAMING OC 8G
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
3840 x 2160 ,60 Hz
PM
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
That's awesome, AmenMoses. It would be a big deal if you got the traps working. This would complete the circle of this pack. The crucial point is always the collision. So also with the bridges. There I had the experience, either it is down and I have a collision or it is up with a collision. Perhaps one could realize with an invisible door that one runs against it when the bridge is up

mfLg
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2020 22:36
I'm not a modeller but personally I would make the animated gears part separate from the bed part and actually move the bed part via a script rather than by animation, that way the collision shape of the bed part will match the visual part.

It would make the bridge more difficult for the user to drop into place as you would need to place at least 3 entities but the scripting to lower/raise the bed part and synchronise it with the gear movement would be relatively straight foreward. (well for me at least )

PM
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
@ AmenMoses
I have no problem disassembling the bridges. I just need to change the pivot point for the script movement. Or wait, can you also set the pivot point using a script? If that is possible, I will split the bridges into two parts. First the gear animation and for the script the bridge itself. In this case it is easy to position the things. If you can get the two parts to run in sync, the problem would be solved. I'm going to sit down at the bridges ...
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 07:30
Yes the fine positioning of the entities can be handled by the script but it is way easier if the x-axis lines up with the pivot point for the model as it saves quite a bit of math.
PM
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
OK. This is not a problem. You only have to slide back and forth when positioning until it fits. I made 2 objects, choose the best one. This only applies to the one bridge where the tipping point is not central. See PM ...
PM
Mav3r1ck1981
Years of Service
User Offline
having that bridge working would be amazing, thank you both Lafette and Amen once again for your fantastic work. I love this
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 17:19 Edited at: 15th Feb 2020 17:20

Chopped up your models myself btw, did away with animation and bones and all that stuff so you will find them a lot simpler.

Still need to tweak the script to work with multiple bridges so I'll post it later.

Btw, someone has fixed GG wrt to moving physics objects around, this works a heck of a lot better than it used to!

Attachments

PM
Mav3r1ck1981
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 17:32
can i as a dumb question AmenMoses?

If you can do this with the bridge, so that there is collision the hole time, then why cant it be done with the door script ?
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
That is so cool. Do you also consider the sound? Everything will be different now, everything is now done via a script. I also have to change a few small things, for example the wall where the bridge is attached, because the cutouts are missing. But I'm happy, I'm sure the other users think it's cool too. Thanks in advance...
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 17:49 Edited at: 15th Feb 2020 17:50
I'll add sound, were the sound files in the pack?

@PCS, the door script works with animated entities. In order to use the same method you would have to have a separate door (non animated) and door frame models and have the script move the door the same way I'm doing it for the bridge.

I have mentioned in the past ( a few times) that for more flexibility modellers should really consider chopping up complex models into parts so we can replace fixed animations with 'actual' moving things around or even use 'real' physics via hinges and joints.

So you can do this sort of thing:
PM
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 17:54 Edited at: 15th Feb 2020 18:04
@PCS Of course, this is also possible with a door. However, it has to be scripted. This means that the object has to be constructed differently, since the whole part rotates, if there is a frame on it, it also rotates. Maybe a universal script can be created so that we can easily use it with every door. Then maybe you only need one script for each door type. But I don't know anything about that either ...

.......oh man, again too slow .......

@ AmenMoses I'm not sure, but if not, you can write in >> Your Sound << or something. Then everyone can create their own sound.
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 18:00
AmenMoses and Lafette II, thanks for the feedback.

i Know you guys are very busy but would appreciate it so much if you can please help me to get the torch flame working with the torch.
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 18:18 Edited at: 15th Feb 2020 18:18
@ PCS Check the main folder. There should actually be a README file there. If I am not mistaken, I have roughly described the handling. Otherwise there is still the possibility to look here: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/221237
If nothing works anymore, speak up again
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 18:49 Edited at: 15th Feb 2020 19:30
I've just noticed I didn't do such a good job of chopping the models, there are a few stray faces near the gears that need cleaning up.

Script attached, it simply plays sound 0 for open and sound 1 for closing, the user will need to tweak the value of the openingSpeed variable to match the sound sample.

The script works at any angle btw so you can turn the bridges on its side and use it as a door for example.

The gears entity needs to be positioned by hand but that makes it more flexible as it can be placed anywhere that both gears mesh properly.

Main bridge entity should be always active, physics on and isimmobile=yes (I know it's counterintuitive but that's GG for you).
Geers entity needs to be always active, physics off ond issimobile=no.

Edited to add cleaned up bed model.

Attachments

PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 23:41 Edited at: 15th Feb 2020 23:43
Better video.

Attachments

PM
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
It works wonderfully. I have already created the wall and ceiling for the bridge passage. Now all I need is a suitable sound.
PM
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi...
First update for the MSK-Pack. >> Bridge1 <<
There are also a few new parts for the castle dungeon. The ugly overlays (object goes through the wall) are history. A sound was also added for the bridge.

For users using the Bloom function, it is probably necessary to change the length of the sound. This simply happens with the audiocity tool. There you can change the marked sound at your own pace, very useful. I recommend doing this when the complete map is finished. Many thanks to AmenMoses, without whose mental support I would probably hang resignedly on some ceiling. And now ... enjoy your meal
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2020 12:49

Simply attach script to rotating sprites entity thingy.

As can be seen in the video the script works with the spikes spinning horizontally or vertically.

Eventually I will make the same script work with all the spike traps.

Attachments

PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2020 14:56
The spikefloor model had me a bit confused for a bit, origin point was in a corner and the animation was just weird, anyhow I repositioned the model and added support for it to the script:

Attachments

PM
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
@AmenMoses
With all the traps that turn, your script works wonderfully. The other things like the swing or the rotating swords only work to a limited extent. It is a pity that there is no sensible collision query for animated objects. There are collisions at the bridge. Is it possible to bind the coordinates of a collision object to an animated object? I mean that the x, y, z coordinate of the collision object always follows a certain point of the animation object? I don't know how to describe it.

@ all Sorry I have not yet thanked for the many comments. I want to make up for this, thank you very much. I am happy if you like it and hope to do such things for a while.
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2020 16:39 Edited at: 16th Feb 2020 16:41
Only the traps I have added to the script will work with it, so only the spikefloor and rotatespikes models so far.

The problem with animation in GG is that it does not involve physics at all!

For example the NPCs are simply a capsule shape as far as the physics engine is concerned, there are no 'limb' collision shapes until it goes 'rag-doll' on death.

As another example the physics shape of an animated door or door with frame is the shape of it when closed, a simple box shape.

If you want real physics you have to make individual entities and attach them together using hinges or joints but then it's a pain to actually move them about so that only really works with things like the bridge.

The other problem is yes we could make the blades physics shapes for example but the player doesn't actually show up as a physics object so Bullet can't report player collisions with objects only collisions between objects. (would work fin in 3rd person as then you do have a physics object - the player character.
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2020 21:04
What's happening here?

First pic is in editor, second in test game … eh?

Attachments

PM
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
That slipped away. Did you remove the animation yet? So it's not like that in the original, is it? I already used it today, I didn't notice anything...
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2020 21:41
That is the original, the animated one.
PM
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
I have attached the two files that work well for me

Attachments

PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2020 21:58 Edited at: 16th Feb 2020 21:59
Nope, still doing it. The _ani one, the other one is ok.

Granada said he has seen this before when models have a root bone, whatever one of those is.

All I did was turn physics off, not sure if that makes a difference.
PM
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2020 22:16 Edited at: 16th Feb 2020 22:21
Now I have all the hooks in Fragmotion. For me it still runs as it should.

The model has 2 independent joints, one for the tree rotation and one for the swing. It was originally composed of two objects, the root of which lies logically with the swing.

Attachments

PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2020 22:22
Aha, it's the issimobile setting again!

With issimobile=yes the positioning in editor matches the position in test game.

Set issimobile=no and it moves!
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2020 22:28
Anyhow, as I'm going to turn collision off within the script the issimobile setting is superfluous anyhow.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2020 02:16
What a fantastic collection of models. I had no idea this resource was being put together. Thank you very much for this!

Store Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 07:17:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 07:17:47