Product Chat / Latest GameGuru Public Preview - New A.I

Author
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "But not seeing the glow ?"

Hmmm strange. I see the same glow as in a standalone with save and load with these steps in the testgame. Are you sure you go back to the mapeditor and start the testgame again?
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
@Corno_1
Yes but I couldn't get exactly what SHAHIN3D was getting either and I recorded that exactly as his instruction.
There is an issue though you can see that in the video .. It just may just look diffrent of other cards ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2018 15:58 Edited at: 13th Oct 2018 16:08
Perhaps this issue is related to this?
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/220089?page=1#msg2606674
I've tried the third demo and have had a look at the AI. It seems pretty good in general, although I have noticed the crazy animation speeds that seem to crop up. They also seem to fire faster at this point? Not 100% sure, but it seemed so. I also had one enemy crouched behind a barrier and I couldn't seem to hit him although his head was easily visible, hard to be 100% with the gun recoil but I shot a lot of rounds before I gave up and ran at him.

Edit - Oh I noticed a graphical glitch on the buildings. A crosshatch effect that moved along the buildings as I moved towards and away from them.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2018 17:39
Once they realised i was there things got interesting,reactions and movement a lot better ,showed the funny effect on the wall at the end

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2018 19:26 Edited at: 13th Oct 2018 19:28
Quote: "Once they realised i was there things got interesting,reactions and movement a lot better "

Agreed I can see Lee has tweaked it even more

One thing that does bug me a little is perhaps to much is constant bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang from the enemy. Now i realise we are missing a reload function but thats not it.
More of random pauses may be more realistic ...kind of a …. Bang,..... Bang Bang ....Bang ……….. Bang etc .. does that make sense. As if they are pausing to take aim. Even the rate of fire does not seem to make any difference at the moment in the options when im testing my own so maybe that supposed to alter that ?

I also saw the glitch on the wall that others mention … almost like 2 models blended into one and glitching.
Other than that I'm seeing improvements every time .
PM
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2018 20:27
What would improve it a lot would be if the movement of one NPC was coordinated with the shooting of another, i.e. one providing covering fire whilst the others advance or run for cover.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2018 21:03
I have not tried the latest but based on what granada posted i definitely i prefer the previous version, V2.
Certainly at this distance i like to have them act instead of standing around like at the beginning.
I totally agree with synchromesh about the bang, bang, bang and not seeking cover, it would be great if that is the foremost objective of the A.I and then fire one or two shots at the player before hiding again.
Also it would be great if the A.I goes towards the player in such a manner, not directly like was the case in V1, but from hiding place to hiding place because that is a lot more realistic instead of a fearless Rambo.
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 07:37
What about if the ai got hurt.? Does he go for cover or not?
If he does go for cover does he charge again or fight from his cover.? It would make sence if he only comes out of cover again if he has backup.
Maybe we could add some tick boxes in the property function to tick if you want the ai to still charge if he is wounded or not. Also some tick box to say if he is allowed to use way points.
Lee if you can add some tick boxes to tweak the ai behavior to take cover if hurt or charge always or not or for different behavior it would be nice then the game maker can easily define his ai in his game.

Thanks
PCs.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 08:26 Edited at: 19th Oct 2018 08:26
We have a Character Creator, why not an AI Builder.
Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
W10 Home 64-bit, Intel i3-7100 dual-core 3.90GHz, nVidia GTX1050 4Gb, 8Gb ram
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2018 17:09 Edited at: 19th Oct 2018 17:13
Quote: "We have a Character Creator, why not an AI Builder."

If someone can not code, he will not get anything together what makes a good AI even with a builder tool. If he can code or knows what to do, he could open the scripts and put the commands together how he want. Since we have modules, it is not so hard anymore.
Through Lees work it is easier than ever to build your own AI.

@Lee
The AI is better now with less enemies, but I still feel that something is missing. I will test them more soon.

@synchromesh Thanks for you Testmap
Ebe Editor Free - Build your own EBE structures with easy and without editing any text files
Thread and Download
PM
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2018 17:06
There is a Bug , the shadows when we travel so not work well the image is too dark

I have a version of one of the ante games before the update that works well and now no longer for a matter of week,
I honestly do not understand how the evolution of the programming of this engine works because the mistakes of the past reappear
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2018 17:55
a week ago games that worked on a mid-range PC no longer work something in some of this latest updates is not well
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2018 18:49 Edited at: 24th Oct 2018 18:52
Quote: "a week ago games that worked on a mid-range PC no longer work "

Last update was 7-10-18 …. Two Weeks ago and that was Beta .. Not sure what the PP is on
Are you sure this isn't something else causing your problem ?
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 24th Oct 2018 20:40
Maia it must be something on your end, nothing has changed in gameguru for a few weeks,.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 24th Oct 2018 20:44
Quote: "Edit - Oh I noticed a graphical glitch on the buildings. A crosshatch effect that moved along the buildings as I moved towards and away from them."

@DVader or anyone know which building that is I will take a look
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Various Tutorials by me
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2018 18:56 Edited at: 30th Oct 2018 03:02
Syncromesh made one of the example maps here so he would probably know which building it is. He posted a fpm as well so you may be able to grab that and find out if it's still there.

Been working on my Xmas game and noticed that some objects will not highlight unless I use the box select. Any ideas what this could be? It can be quite annoying when an object is embedded within other objects, such as doors, as you just can't select them at all without messing around locking any other nearby stuff and then lassoing them.
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2018 12:49 Edited at: 31st Oct 2018 12:52
Some grass makes a funny light effect like if it has a dark light pointing down in front of the viewer a few meters ahead , and i just change the grass to a lighter one. Do no know what the Fuss is it ,
but never mind i change the grass and works
besides that and the shadow in the characters "black sparkle" a little bit like they are alive
i do not notice any strange thing in the program
and finally i am putting game in the street , most of them free
again nothing fancy in the programing of the levels , only try to make short games plasent to the eye
I am a Designer not a programmer and i like to change and try to personalize as much as i can the levels
in my threaths there is one with the link for the web site, check it out
in this week new games levels will be posted there
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2018 05:44
Hi Lee and Preben, while we are on the topic of characters, is there a possibility of GG ever getting Actor Fade? Or other words could be called entity fade? Essentially a shader event that will fade enemies. I find this would be very useful for when enemies die and respawn. So that they are not just disappearing out of of view. Since the only way to respawn an enemy is to hijack the dying process as soon as possible before the engine removes them completely from the map.

There are many advantages to have the ability to fade entities. For example if an entity or enemy is far enough away from the player, rather than using hide or having them pop in and out of view, you could use fading techniques. A lot of AAA games use this so that they can tighten up the draw distance and not have things just pop in and out of few. Fading has become quite standardized.

If this was made into a command that would be even better. It be like another type of Show(e) and Hide(e) but more like FadeIn(e) and FadeOut(e). Thoughts?
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2018 09:35
yes, tried to do this a while back with an FPSC FX "burnout". Looked good in FPSC, but couldn't get the same effect working in GG (pre-PBR version). Might try again and convert the FX file to DX11 if possible and see what happens.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 2nd Nov 2018 09:54
Quote: "Been working on my Xmas game and noticed that some objects will not highlight unless I use the box select. Any ideas what this could be? It can be quite annoying when an object is embedded within other objects, such as doors, as you just can't select them at all without messing around locking any other nearby stuff and then lassoing them."

Let me guess, most of the objects you are having issues with are animated objects like doors etc. ?

If yes, then that is a bug that's been around since the same update that added the specular option in options (towards the end of 1.3 i think, may or may not be linked), for some reason entities that animate without bones can only be highlighted when you drag select.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep they are animated. I haven't been using GG that much until recently, bar the odd test every now and then, so not surprised I missed it. I imagine it will be fixed at some point then, as long as people are aware of it. Thanks for the answer. Now I know it isn't anything I am doing specifically
SHAHIN3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 3rd Nov 2018 20:35
Hi everyone
I created a game stage.
When I tested, it was 57 fps. Of course, without adding characters.
Then I added 20 enemy characters in different places.
I then tested it and noticed the reduction of frames.
The game now shows me 37 fps.
About 20 frames dropped.
I feel like: characters cause frames to drop.
Can it be improved?

My system:
VGA: GTX1050 4G
RAM: 8G
CPU: Core i7
amir
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2018 21:30 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2018 21:31
You could have your enemies spawn at different locations and times via a trigger zone … Five at a time perhaps ..
A bit like setting attack waves .. That way you can have as many enemy as you like but only five active at a time ..
PM
SHAHIN3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 4th Nov 2018 20:00
When the enemy characters in the game added
I started testing and found another bug was a
1- The beginning of the test was all good.
2. Player Killed
3. I noticed a problem: a sound of firing a gunshot is heard continuously. Dang - dang - dang
And this sound will not be cut off !!!
where is the problem from? AI or sound.
amir
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "where is the problem from? AI or sound."

No idea I have never heard of that issue before ?
Could you do a video to show so i could try to replicate it ?
PM
maiacoimbra69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2018 14:36
i had some problem of glow in some object but i change the index mapping from 4 ( glass) to other like 0 is a great one
, i do not know if it helps but for me it was ok , may my problem was another one
SHAHIN3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 5th Nov 2018 20:42 Edited at: 5th Nov 2018 20:50
Quote: "When the enemy characters in the game added
I started testing and found another bug was a
1- The beginning of the test was all good.
2. Player Killed
3. I noticed a problem: a sound of firing a gunshot is heard continuously. Dang - dang - dang
And this sound will not be cut off !!!
where is the problem from? AI or sound."

Watch this video
https://vimeo.com/299077289

amir
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "where is the problem from? AI or sound.""

The problem is your using custom characters, Weapon and scripts etc …
Its more likely something to do with your custom work so personally I would be backing up the map and starting by deleting the characters at the back … Test the game etc until you find out exactly what or who is triggering that sound..
Process of ellinination im afraid ..
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2018 19:06
Hi All,

I've been monitoring this thread for any major AI issues and aside from some tweak requests and whole new features suggested, I don't see anything that would make the current AI worse than the original Monster Update AI, so I am happy with the soldier AI for the moment. I also tried it with the default Big Escape level and the soldiers certainly do their job a lot better, giving the player less rest! Here are some replies to some of the questions above:

"Even the rate of fire does not seem to make any difference" - I tried this with a blank level and one uber enemy, 100 is default, 300 made enemy shoot infrequently and 1000 he hardly shot at all. Shots are triggered at random times for bang, bang....bang, etc.

"NPC was coordinated with the shooting of another" - this is co-op enemy AI which won't be in the next update but I welcome hearing from anyone interested in adopting the current AI to include this.

"Also it would be great if the A.I goes towards the player in such a manner, not directly like was the case in V1, but from hiding place to hiding place" - at the moment the AI will select a new cover position to advance, but only if they are dispossessed from their old cover and are still a good distance from the player.

"What about if the ai got hurt.? Does he go for cover or not?" - the behavior does not change if the enemy gets hurt, as they cannot heal there is no advantage in retreating. They keep the player under constant fire as that is their best chance of beating the player.

"We have a Character Creator, why not an AI Builder" - It would take months to create a whole new module for drag and drop AI creation, and I suspect the community wants work on a variety of things instead of a few months of silence while this was created. The aim for this update was to improve the existing soldier AI so the future reviews are not headed 'bad AI'.

"is there a possibility of GG ever getting Actor Fade?" - I have not seen this done, but you could do it with your own custom shader and LUA scripting to hook into the shader variable and control the alpha yourself before respawning. Alas, it's not an out of the box feature, so should be added to the issues tracker as an enhancement.

I am releasing a beta tonight with everything we have so far to make sure we have not broken other areas, so if you are a beta tester please check it out with the stock levels and perhaps your own levels that use soldier AI and let me know if we have broken anything since the last PublicPreview or Monster Update.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Even the rate of fire does not seem to make any difference"

I think this one was my comment and my mistake …
I thought taking it down to 10 would decrease the BANG,BANG,BANG … But yep you got it … I went the wrong way

I tried as you suggested " Increasing " the firing rate numbers and it works really well and much more realistic.
Sorry for my blunder
PM
Medmatheus
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys,

First I'd like to say thanks to this public preview. Zombies are now running around and chasing, my only issue now is lighting, some objects are lighter than others.

but THANKS!
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2018 03:03
My zombies stop after first hit. Anyway, I thought we were going to be able to append different animations to our imported characters? Or is that further down the pipe? Don't see it in Lee's PP summary, but I swear I saw that somewhere earlier on in a thread around here.
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2018 07:17
Check the Game Guru\Files\entitybank\Medieval\Dragons folder.

Check out the strucyure in there and the FPE file. There was a twitch broadcast on it. Monster Update.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2018 12:05 Edited at: 17th Nov 2018 12:15
Gotcha, thanks Myke!

EDIT: I had already seen the video. I guess that's where I learned about getting the ability to append the animations. Call me chemo-brain (yep, that's a thing!).
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2018 13:19
Your welcome.
That is a very real thing. I spent a year taking my boss to treatments before she passed. Eat and exercise if you can.
Try and stay positive. Do things that you want to.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2018 14:21
Thanks again!

Off topic:

As of Thursday I began a transition away from chemo and into immunotherapy. I will be getting both simultaneously for some time, the immunotherapy was JUST approved by the FDA for my cancer (stage 4 lung) on October 30th, so I should be getting the latest and hopefully the greatest (<20% cure rate to around 50%, higher possibly because I'm younger than most of the study participants). Some of the side effects of the immunotherapy are the same as chemo, but some are also missing from the list they gave me, such as the hair loss and chemo brain, lol. Those are my least favorite, besides the nausea, which for me so far has been pretty tolerable with the anti nausea meds. I've had a few friends go through this (brain cancer, leukemia, pancreatic) and they all seemed to get it worse than I have so far. Being off work has given me some time to try to catch up with GG, although it can be very hard to focus on even simple things, lol. Hopefully when I'm fully on immunotherapy that returns. Gonna see what I can do with the animations today (and probably the rest of the week between naps, lol).
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 17th Nov 2018 14:28
@Jerry Tremble, May God bless you with good health, remember nothing is impossible with him on your side.
Have a fantastic day.

Pcs
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2018 19:43 Edited at: 17th Nov 2018 19:45
Found the golem object from the cartoon assets seems to have a bit of a problem.

Looks fine when you first place him.

All over the place when you move the mouse over him.

Also completely vanishes on testing the game.

@ Jerry. Take care dude. Hope the new treatment does the job.

Attachments

Blacknyt46
Years of Service
User Offline
Jerry Tremble, So sorry to hear what you have to go through. Prayers your way.
Jim C
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2018 21:02 Edited at: 17th Nov 2018 22:10
Thanks all!

DVader, same result with the Golem here. Kinda funny, unless of course you want to use the golem.

EDIT: Was able to place the golems in F9 mode, however they still fall apart on exit.
PM
Medmatheus
Years of Service
User Offline
Guys, it's just me or in this public preview storyzone aint working?
Pink Panther
Years of Service
User Offline
Jerry Tremble, sending you prayers and get well wishes. Thank you for all of your contributions!
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2018 18:16 Edited at: 20th Nov 2018 20:09
I've found a few more issues with the latest PP.

I seem to get severely stretched shadows in editor mode in the top left corners edge. Not a major issue, but thought I'd mention it. I get similar in game if I try to reduce the sample count, but in editor it still does this at the default setting of 4.

I also have noticed that in standalone if you press F11 to get the FPS, any hidden icons (gun icon, health icon) tend to appear.

I know this is mainly an AI update, but at present my tests are in a non combative game so not likely to spot any of those. Apart from the aforementioned npc's stop animating randomly I mentioned in a prior post (which is still present).

I still have an issue where an entity is not showing in standalone mode. It seems to have copied it over and it is there, just not visible.

@ Medmatheus. I've heard of issues with the story zones not working for awhile now, might still be bugged I seem to remember it having issues if you spawn directly into a story zone, rather than walk into one. I tend to avoid zones in general and often use a simple distance check to do similar things. My current WIP for instance has lots of zones, but none are GG ones, all are coded in lua directly. I just find zones messy in editor and if I have to use them, leave them till absolutely the last things I add. A way to hide zones would help here Still, my point is, if this issue is stopping you working on your game, you may be able to work around it with a simple distance check on an object to achieve the same effect.

Attachments

Medmatheus
Years of Service
User Offline
@DVader thanks for replying. On storyzone, video is working fine, but ain't playing audio at same time, and cant get the audio to play.

tried to call it as globalsound but still didnt work
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
At the moment the storyzone is Video only ..
If you want sound your going to have to separate it and add it to the Storyzone as a Sound file .
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "At the moment the storyzone is Video only .."

Really? When did that happen? DX11 issue I imagine? It used to work fine and dandy. I only heard if you started your level within range of one they refused to work, without running out the zone and in again.
No sound at all though is certainly a downgrade, lol. It could do with fixing, as no one with any sense is going to start messing with separate audio and video files if they can help it. The syncing issues would be a seriously uncool.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2018 19:16 Edited at: 20th Nov 2018 19:18
To Quote Lee

Quote: ""Lee Bamber : The new DX11 engine does not support WMV as that would have dropped support for Windows 7 OS (thanks Microsoft). The new video player is a pure video playback system so only video at this stage. For audio, you can split out the soundtrack from the video and attach it to the sound field in the story zone properties as a WAV or OGG as it will play at the same time.""
PM
Medmatheus
Years of Service
User Offline
@synchromesh I already read this quote, but even if I place video path to a .mp4 and a audio path to .wav, the playsound function doesnt run while video is running.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2018 23:26 Edited at: 20th Nov 2018 23:29
Quote: "@synchromesh I already read this quote, but even if I place video path to a .mp4 and a audio path to .wav, the playsound function doesnt run while video is running."

Ok so I gave it a quick try with an MP4 and one of my Ambient sound tracks in wav format.
Seems to work fine for me ?

PM
janekste
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2018 16:37
I use Google translate. I hope you understand what I want to say.
If the player start marker set on top of the area StoryZone, then only the video works. WAV or OGG sound is not working. This problem is already half a year. I saw a long time ago about this problem someone wrote on the github. I attached a screenshot. Position the player marker and StoryZone in the same way. Connect to separate fields of video and sound. Then press the test button. There will be no sound. Video and audio files together do not work if the player’s marker is set on top. This problem is only with the StoryZone.

Just do everything the same as in my screenshot. Click start test. See the problem.

Attachments

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 20:22:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 20:22:27