Product Chat / map from an image

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2017 20:22
may be of some use, you can export the heightmaps:

https://tangrams.github.io/heightmapper/
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2017 08:20
It seems there are 3 more options I can add into the app, see below:

Quad Rotation
This prevents triangles from sticking out the side of steep hills. It calculates which triangles
will stick out and rotates them 90 degrees so they face down the hill and dont stick out.
This improves graphics quality when using low detail heightmaps so you can turn down the
detail of your heightmaps and improve render speed in your games.

Quad Reduction
This reduces the detail of the terrain in areas which are flat. This allows you to add more
detail into areas which need it which improves the graphics quality of your games.

Smoothing
This removes jagged edges on in accurate heightmaps by averaging the height of each
point with the points around it.

I did some testing this morning and using these options changes the size/values in the M.DAT file. See pics below. The one on the left is without the 3 options i.e. set to 0. The second pic is with all 3 options set to 1.

Will do some more testing on each individual option and add these options to the .INI file. Really want to put a GUI in and maybe a preview window to show the terrain without having to start GameGuru.

I'm also looking into other stuff to see if anything can be done with the vegmask/watermask DDS/.DAT files.

Next release will be v1.1

Enjoy the day
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2017 10:53
Version 1.1 has now been uploaded. Please see the link below.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/218876?page=2#msg2589369
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2017 16:07
Sadly, it's still not working for me! It crashes as soon as I point it to the files folder. On the plus side, its the furthest its run so far. I will try it on my desktop when i get home from work tonight. This looks like a really useful tool!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2017 16:20
@Jerry Tremble: Sorry it's not running on your machine. Were you running as administrator? I'm assuming this was on Win10 64 bit looking at your signature? Also, was there any error message? Do you have a a screenshot?
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2017 15:51
will upload v2.0 soon. just doing some final testing.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2017 16:44
the link can be found here:

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/218876?page=2#msg2591885
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2017 14:33
version 2.1a now uploaded which has GUI. see link below:

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/218876?page=3#msg2592417

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 01:08:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 01:08:35