Product Chat / Rendering Engine Overhaul - Get Ready For DirectX 11

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: PUBG,Conan Exiles,WoW,HoMM III,MoO 2,Master of Orion 2016
Posted: 6th Oct 2017 01:14 Edited at: 6th Oct 2017 01:28
@DVader, My first computer was ZX-Spectrum 48, on it I learned to programming, these were wonderful times !
But how I did not try to understand the assembler, i realized that this is a very huge work, i dicide studied Pascal in post-USSR . After school, I worked as an iron seller (hardware and computer assembly), guide for the role-playing people, webmaster and others works. I went back to programming thanks to the Dark Basic
I even have a license disk The 3D Game Maker for a lot of money ( ~ 2001) ...Apparently, this is fate
Then again there was a long break, but the dream to make own game remained.
But no matter how I tried, I could not understand C+\# sufficiently..
I'm a very bad programmer, only an amateur. But LUA is close to Basic\Pascal and easy to learn + another reason to love GG.

PS. Maybe for a Game-Guru good word is: "With each step in the depths of 3D" ? Or something like that.
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@DVader, My first computer was ZX-Spectrum 48"

Snap! An awesome computer, better than any other at the time. I wasn't biased of course Well possibly. Those C64 users grrr!
Quote: "But how I did not try to understand the assembler"

Snap! I got a book on it. Found most of it was talking about hands and feet and stacks (uggh). Too much work for me! Doubt I'd make sense of it even now.
Quote: "I went back to programming thanks to the Dark Basic"

Snap! I had given up trying to make games many years before. I played with AMOS on the Amiga but never really though 3D games would be possible, even with AMOS 3D. Dark Basic was a revolution. Probably why I am such a big fan of TGC. Although I doubt anything will be as impressive as DB was at the time. Anyone remember the scorpion demo? Cool stuff indeed. I had no idea how it worked at the time, it just seemed awesome! It was in BASIC!
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
Tauren
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: PUBG,Conan Exiles,WoW,HoMM III,MoO 2,Master of Orion 2016
Posted: 6th Oct 2017 01:57 Edited at: 6th Oct 2017 02:16
@DVader, unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity of acquainting myself with Commodore 64, but I'm still in 91-93 read that this is a strong machine, i was a little jealous . I'm from the USSR (RF), so maybe I was late in getting to know the first real mass PC , but it made my youth!

On the Spectrum were also good games - i think many had ports. Unfortunately, I do not remember many titles but I remember the games themselves ( ... What I remember well is Lode Runner, Exolon and Elite (over a year of flights ...ehh), what is the escape from prison(?), a strong game. Also strange but interesting game about an astronaut in a space station (maybe) where different alien organisms fly... Hmmm)

Dark basic is a great thing ! I even made a simple shooter (which even before the wolf3d is far away ) but it was a pleasant learning process

But returning to the Game-Guru - I feel what after DX11 remained most important jerk... to the first game.
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "But returning to the Game-Guru - I feel what after DX11 remained most important jerk... to the first game."

You may need to double check this Not sure who the important jerk is but he won't be happy.

By 1991, if that is what you mean I was on to consoles (given up on making games at that point). I was probably using the Master System by then, probably even the Megadrive; the Speccy was old hat. The Spectrum lasted longer than pretty much any machine in the UK at least. I was playing Streetfighter 2 on the SNES and I knew people still using the Spectrum version. The Speccy was somewhat struggling to compete at this point. I know Russia was big on the Speccy and cheaper variants were available, but in the UK, if you were into games you would have moved on by then. Well, unless you were one of my friend playing SF2 on it

Never liked Elite on 8-bit. Never did anything for me. Despite friends thinking it was incredible (one of them has made a fair living off scrap, so he may well owe his fortune to it). Quite liked Frontier on the Amiga (accelerated) but again only really lasted a short while the graphics were still pretty basic (but moved semi-okay when accelerated). I would have not liked it on a basic Amiga I'm fairly sure. I'd have tried the new Elite, but the online aspect puts me off. I would not be happy with people ramming me when trying to dock!

Sorry to spam this thread with old retro talk, but it's nice to reminisce occasionally
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2017 14:04 Edited at: 6th Oct 2017 14:05
Quote: " Those C64 users grrr!"

I could edit that you know
I could have you loving it with a little test manipulation
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Syncromesh. I was only referring to the schoolyard rivalry between Spectrum and C64 owners I actually thought it was a good machine, but wouldn't have ever admitted it at school. I swapped my Master System for one for a couple of weeks, was impressed with the music mainly, especially having music when it loaded, the Speccy had a few fancy loaders but never music. Sound was the Spectrum's worst feature. Even today C64 music has a unique quality.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2017 19:40 Edited at: 6th Oct 2017 19:40
Quote: "I even have a license disk The 3D Game Maker for a lot of money ( ~ 2001)"

Me too lol I opened it only once or twice though :/
My expectations were a bit too high when i bought it.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@ Syncromesh. I was only referring to the schoolyard rivalry between Spectrum and C64 owners "

I know mate ... I was only larking about
Whether its Spectrum, C64, Amiga I love them all ..
Commodore was my machine of choice although I'm well aware the Spectrum did have its advantages with certain games and the 3D was a lot faster and smoother than the 64
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2017 16:21
I remember getting these but then i was working 7 days a week and never had the time to use them (never had the heart to throw them away)

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Never heard of that one, but it is C64, so it may not have come out on the Spectrum. The Darling twins, been awhile since I saw them on the credits for anything Old games always had fairly nice packaging back then, certainly better than the readme files and download links we get these days...
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2017 16:51 Edited at: 7th Oct 2017 16:54
Oh My .... I actually made a game with " Garry Kitchens GameMaker "
It wasn't half bad but probably lost forever on a cassette somewhere in the loft
Believe it or not that program cost me around £18.00 I think and that's back in the 80's ...
Something like GameGuru would only be a dream
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2017 17:00
Quote: "Oh My .... I actually made a game with " Garry Kitchens GameMaker " "

Everybody wanted to make there own game then,not many did.thats why GG is so cool .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2017 17:40
I still have the old C64 and Amiga game makers at home, boxed...
I was a kid with big dreams, used them all since the early days...
Activisions Game Maker
SEUCK
Pie in the sky
3D game studio
Genesis engine
Udk
Early unity versions...
And many more freeware and pay ware, but I don't remember the names anymore... Ah yes... AMOS

But my first real game was done with Multimedia Fusion 1.x somewhere around 2000
I'm still using it... It's great for 2D actual version... 2.5
But around 2009 I stopped using it for a while... It was time for Fps creator.
2014 the year of FPS Reloaded....
GG is great, even with the bugs GG has, it's a great piece of software.
Also Fusion is great for 2D.

Fusion had a lot of bugs in the early days, it crashed many times, now 15+ years later it's an awesome 2D development tool. Did you know, that some indie million sellers made with Fusion?

I hope someday we can say that about GG games too.
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2017 18:12 Edited at: 7th Oct 2017 18:15
Quote: "SEUCK "

Seuck was the ultimate game scroller creator ...
Many attempts to remake it have just failed to nail it .. No idea why it looks such an easy tool

Here was my very first attempt at an isometric style game for the c64 using Seuck
Loosely Based on the Beach Head tank battle

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
AAARRGG !! you guys have got me going right off the topic now
Gonna have to slap myself
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2017 18:21
This was my first foray into game making. I never actually finished making a game, but I had a lot of fun trying.
i5 2500k 3GB GTX1060 8GB RAM Windows 10
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2017 18:24
Quote: "This was my first foray into game making. I never actually finished making a game, but I had a lot of fun trying."

I remember that to,a lot of old memories coming back now .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2017 18:31 Edited at: 7th Oct 2017 18:32
They were the days ... No internet , No updates as such or patches ... They had to pretty much get the release right first time
That was quite an achievement for things like Seuck and game creation software back in the day
Any probs we just wrote to a magazine complaining
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2017 18:37
Synchro, that SEUCK game looks great, really.
That's 100 times better what I have created with it... Maybe I was too young...around 10-12
But I had a lot of fun with it, my goal was to create a C64 Rambo clone
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Used to love GAC. Probably one of my fave game makers ever. I managed a few games with it. Always wanted to release one, but never quite managed it, despite doing some private games that were equally as good as ones available (not all, but there were a lot of text adventures at the time). The main problem was running out of memory after doing half your rooms graphics lol. I got very efficient in my graphics and also used a zip type utility off a cover disk that allowed you to compress your games file down and cram in more stuff! Then you could do it again! You had about 22k left once you loaded GAC up, so this was a great help to push your games to the limits of Spectrum memory

Even did 3 tutorial vids on an emulator not that long back. Nice that it's still possible to have a play once in awhile, although the drawing is a little clunky these days, especially with a PC keyboard.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2017 20:07 Edited at: 8th Oct 2017 20:09
First game creation software I ever used was developed by Tim Sweeney from Epic Games who later developed the Unreal engine. It was called ZZT and used only ASCII characters as its graphic visuals. I believe the first time i opened it was in 1995. Downloaded from AOL. Tim was one of the first people i ever had an email conversions with. Funny to think that he's the guy behind one of the most power gaming engines to date.

I discovered Dark Basic through the community that grew around ZZT. I was kind of just bouncing between Q-Basics and ZZT for the most part. But once I found out about the 3D possibilities of Dark Basic. I migrated completely lol
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2017 23:49
Quote: "This was my first foray into game making. I never actually finished making a game, but I had a lot of fun trying.
"

Been there, done that, got frustrated and programmed it then myself in CB 2.O )

Don't laugh, but there has been a new (!) adventure kit release for C64 (!!) recently (!!!):

D42 Adventure System
"I am a road map, I will lead and you will follow, I will teach and you will learn, when you leave my sprint planning you will be weapons, focused and full of JIRA tickets, Hot Rod rocket development gods of precision and strength, terrorizing across the repository and hunting for github submits."
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2017 01:02 Edited at: 9th Oct 2017 01:08
Quote: "Don't laugh, but there has been a new (!) adventure kit release for C64 (!!) recently (!!!):"

That's cool ...The good old 64 aint what it used to be

And Windows 10 ...To be honest I can make a game with Seuck and GameGuru with this .. Really cool

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 9th Oct 2017 20:45
no blog updates from Lee for 6 days I hope everything is ok and still on track
Welcome to the real world!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2017 21:47
Perhaps he's taking a break because he`s worn out a little, I could understand that.
"I am a road map, I will lead and you will follow, I will teach and you will learn, when you leave my sprint planning you will be weapons, focused and full of JIRA tickets, Hot Rod rocket development gods of precision and strength, terrorizing across the repository and hunting for github submits."
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2017 11:54
i had gac. and seuck. i did really well on them, sadly the c64 was about ready to be laid to rest, the 128 and Amiga and the atari st.
the game i tried to copy on gac was dungeon master, i remember doing well but took ages to draw each screen, and i ran out of memory a lot. on seuck i tried to re create who dares wins. and i tried a version of gauntlet and druid. not really finished. but they were well thought out and easy to use tools. something tgc could look at again. anyway i loved my

C64 speccy users were lesser beings. dont argue, c64 had more colours memory and better sound chip. and a whopping keyboard. and filled in sprites etc and later rescue on fractalus and the eidolon had filled in 3d. before that we had vector graphics for elite and mercenary. i loved accolades library of law of the west, hardball, and psi-5 trading company

them were the days
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
andy millard
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2017 15:32
I had BBC , Spectrum and more varieties of Amiga than I can remember. Still got my expanded A1200 and loads of software plus several emulators. But back to graphics and game play. Blocky graphics but loads of game play Doom and Cannon Fodder, both on the Amiga. Graphics are nice but game play is everything.
PM
Loretta
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Generation Zero; Skyrim SE , Fallout 4, In VR- Pistol Whip,
Posted: 11th Oct 2017 15:55
Just wondering if there is any news about the GameGuru updates? This has kind of moved off topic.
"The cave you fear to enter, holds the treasure you seek." - Joseph Campbell

ASUS ROG G20- Desktop Intel Core i7-6700 -3.4Ghz - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970-4GB - Windows 10 64bit
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2017 15:58
Quote: "Just wondering if there is any news about the GameGuru updates? This has kind of moved off topic"

Still testing and being worked on ,this is a big update and a lot of work .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2017 22:26 Edited at: 11th Oct 2017 22:27
Quote: "Just wondering if there is any news about the GameGuru updates? This has kind of moved off topic."

Lee has the Update thread locked up " Internal Beta Update - Latest Progress " and updates that himself
This is the " Rendering Engine Overhaul - Get Ready For DirectX 11 " It has wandered off slightly but is still talking GameCreation engines even if we are on the older ones now ...
As soon as Lee updates his thread no doubt we will jump back top the present day
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2017 22:30
Will the DX11 update fix the issues with the terrain where it messes up the shadows and creates grid lines? Its a common bug I've been dealing with and a very annoying one.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Will the DX11 update fix the issues with the terrain where it messes up the shadows and creates grid lines?"

I haven't seen any signs of lines in the DX11 version although shadows are still being worked on so I think its probably a thumbs up for that
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2017 10:18 Edited at: 12th Oct 2017 10:20
Memories flooding back here, I had an Amstrad CPC464, Atari ST, Amiga A1200 with an 030 expansion board.

On the ST I had SEUCK, remember that, here is a youtube video on a game I did for an ST Magazine.

Big pixels on this one.

Also had a Vectrex as well.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth, Bluedio Vicotry V Headphones, AKG K141 Studio Headphones, Lenovo Ideapad, with Windows 10 64bit, 8Gb Ram and AMD A10 7th Gen Graphics.
JonRobbo
User Banned
Posted: 12th Oct 2017 10:50
In the title of this thread it says "Get Ready For DirectX 11", anyone any idea when there will be an update ? It's now 5 months since we were told to get ready, even my girlfriend could have got ready in that time.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2017 10:53
Quote: "even my girlfriend could have got ready in that time."

that made me chuckle

Beta testers are chugging away testing the current beta (I hope). I don't think there is a solid answer really, testing takes as long as it takes.
Lee is probably having a well earned rest or has his CEO hat on and is doing other company related stuff.

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2017 11:00 Edited at: 12th Oct 2017 11:06
Quote: "Beta testers are chugging away testing the current beta (I hope). I don't think there is a solid answer "

Lee has said he wants to get a release out around Christmas,it’s not a fixed time though.its a massive job porting over the whole engine and adding pbr among other things to the engine,take a look at lees update post.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2017 15:42
Which is good, take the time needed for a solid release of the massive engine overhaul and of course PBR/FBX.
themegapolice 96
Years of Service
User Offline
I hope it will not be longer than Christmas.
?
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I would imagine ideally it would be launched before Christmas, near December, both for new sales (Xmas gifts) and to keep us happy. However, it may take longer than that to get right, so the date is still not confirmed. Of course this is all speculation, even Lee probably doesn't know the exact date it will be released, just when he would like to release it
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2017 14:47
I have a plan, but 17 years of forum and social graphing has taught me not to promise things I cannot guarantee 100% It's not great, but better than abject disappointment! I am aiming for pre-Christmas and want a strong update that supports legacy projects and allows new PBR stuff for those who want to try out the next level of graphics quality.
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2017 15:58
I do love plans
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2017 18:48
December release is best... history proven

http://steamcharts.com/app/266310

http://steamspy.com/app/266310

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2017 18:51 Edited at: 13th Oct 2017 19:01
history proves that releases in November in time for December are best

http://steamcharts.com/app/266310

Perhaps cause some of us are snowed in by that time. I'm just really hoping all the bugs currently in the engine are fixed before December and the ability to change skybox in game so I have something to play around with while im snowed in. :/

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "history proves that releases in November in time for December are best"

Lol. Some people buy early for Xmas to avoid the shopping rush. Yeah, November is better in a normal retail environment, mainly it gives a longer time on the shelves to sell for Xmas, but December would be close enough with an online product really. Better it working correctly, than released early.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 07:17
I usually buy after Christmas and give people late presents, that's when everything's cheaper, I'm a tight git :p

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 08:24
Quote: "so I have something to play around with while im snowed in. :/"

Oh! All the immature puns one could make

The years before I found TGC and their products (before 2005) I was scouring the internet for game dev tools. Attempting to use several old engines and I have also tried a whole lot of obscure tools for sprite shooter creation. I stuck with RPGMaker 2000 before I migrated to FPSC which was the type of software I eventually settled on. I regret that I lost my old games when I moved earliest stuff I still have is already somewhat more advanced than when I got going. Link.

Quote: " a strong update that supports legacy projects and allows new PBR stuff for those who want to try out the next level of graphics quality."

Oooh! I love it when you talk dirty to me!
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 13:48
@LeeBamber Sounds like a plan that I can live with.

All these old games/games machines take me back, I remember the good old days of these machines when we thought they were the bee's knees. Wow, have we come a long way since then, but if it were not for the introduction of these machines and me programming them and taking them apart to see how they worked, I would never have started on the route that I did.
HP Pavilion Laptop - AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics - 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit Operating System.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
SHAHIN3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 18:00
I wish Mr. Lee a success
And I hope the new update will have good exe output.
And can run on personal computers.
Of course, without networking Steam ...
Because I want to sell my game as DVD GAME in the market...

I completed my game.
One year time was spent.
And I'm waiting for a new update
To be able to publish and sell the game
Mr. Li, please try to get the job done...

amir

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 19:13 Edited at: 14th Oct 2017 19:19
Quote: "Because I want to sell my game as DVD GAME in the market..."

That's a very obsolete product delivery method these days. I noticed that even Mac computers are being shipped now without CD-ROMs. I personally prefer being able to physically hold to the game i have purchased and appreciate the artwork that may be included in its manuals. something i can look to my shelf and say... yah i waste my money on that. lol

If you are lucky enough to find a vendor that will actually sell your DVD of your game that would be cool. However in major cities the customer base for that type of product delivery has dropped dramatically.

I have a game I made on FPSCx9 that I made a full cd cover for and complete manual. Was hella expensive to take to printers. I delivered it by CD for a while. Though that was in 2011. I think a lot has changed since then due to digital vendors.

There are several digital vendors you can go to that do not require you to apply for submission and integration with Steam.

Quote: "To be able to publish and sell the game
Mr. Li, please try to get the job done..."

When you export your game as standalone, it should work as is. Without Steam and without Game Guru. You can just copy the entire standalone folder and put it on a DVD or USB or upload to a server for download. Or upload to digital vendors. I will tell you now though if you are thinking of physical distribution you are going to find yourself in a financial pickle. If you produce more copies than you are selling you won't make your money back. Also your cost of your product must be higher than the production cost.. with that said it might be doubtful you'd get any sales. Depends on the quality and promotion of your game. It is also not fun doing physical distribution. Its a lot of packaging and mailing. Just go with digital vendors.

MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 19:43
I love boxed games, but Teabone is right.
Better sell it first on the digital platforms, maybe later create a boxed limited edition.
After you earned some money online with your game.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:25:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:25:47