Product Chat / Lee: Shader pack permission.

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 18:51 Edited at: 8th Feb 2017 19:06
Yes, it's from my "next" game... Sure you can use it.
If you want I can send you some more... with HUD or without? (how to make a screenshot without? )

... which of the screenshots you mean? the 1st or 2nd?
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 19:08
Thanks a lot Preben for the tip.
I'll give a try.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 19:55
Quote: "Earthling45: ( no realtime shadows indoor ) ,But yes there should be light coming in from that windows , how did you define the window ? does it use alpha in the diffuse texture ? , and what shader/GameGuru version are you using ?"

This is version 1.141

The window is available for download in the free models section glass v3.

I've removed the glass and lightmapped the scene again F3, now there is no shadow on the ground with the shadow slider at 50.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2017 20:42
Losing half of model after F4.

3com

PM
0Alemar0
Years of Service
User Offline
nice improvements... realtime shadow is much better now.I can see more details on objects surfaces too.
www.alemargames.com

Attachments

OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2017 05:14
Yeah, wish we could get shadows inside without light-mapping.

My game has some kind of continual rotating animations in all levels - like fans and generators.

And light mapping breaks them all.

Does the same with my models and any purchased from the store.

So for me at the moment at least, light-mapping is not an option.

Reliquia....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2017 21:11
Quote: "And light mapping breaks them all. "

OK, so after some messing around with light mapping again, it appears that while the light mapping process kills continual animations, they do work after restarting game guru - this didn't work for me before so this is great news.

Reliquia....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
reliquia: this indicate a memory problem somewhere. if lightmap/save/quit ->start/load/run fix it

3com: could you try this on your level and see if you get all your objects back ?

Earthling45: The shadow in the fireplace is a "lighmapped shadow" and should be there ( see red outline ), The BIG shadow from the window should not have been there , im still confused , windows NORMALLY bring in light and NOT shadows , are you able to reproduce it somehow or is it "this happens one time" , the only thing i could think of is that the "lightmapper" have changed the normals to revert light directions in your house ? , I know Lee have fixed a normal problem with lightmapped objects in the next "public preview" version coming soon , so i think we should test this again when this update is out, perhaps it will fix it , i cant think of any other reasons why you have "inverted" real-time shadows inside.

best regards Preben Eriksen,
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2017 11:49 Edited at: 10th Feb 2017 11:52
del: ups it did a double thread.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Preben: I hate to ask, but would you be up to getting a proper cube map reflection shader within the main entity shader set up for windows/metal objects and such? It'd be nice to have the reflection opacity be the same as the alpha intensity, and maybe have the reflections be affected by the normal map?"

TGPEG: I did not forget you , cube map reflection metal/glass will be added to the next version so you can get your store front up and running

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2017 12:32
as usual looks awesome, can't wait for next release. I'm currently toying around with FXcomposer trying to get some decent effects including reflection etc.
Loving the EBE and shader effects at the moment. Thanks Preben for all your hard work and effort into doing these shaders.

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT

Attachments

Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2017 13:35
Quote: "Earthling45: The shadow in the fireplace is a "lighmapped shadow" and should be there ( see red outline ), The BIG shadow from the window should not have been there , im still confused , windows NORMALLY bring in light and NOT shadows , are you able to reproduce it somehow or is it "this happens one time" , the only thing i could think of is that the "lightmapper" have changed the normals to revert light directions in your house ? , I know Lee have fixed a normal problem with lightmapped objects in the next "public preview" version coming soon , so i think we should test this again when this update is out, perhaps it will fix it , i cant think of any other reasons why you have "inverted" real-time shadows inside."

Hi Preben, the shadow in the fireplace was my own fault because i forgot to put the light source in the right position.
Hence, in the latest image it looks good.
I was of the opinion that due to the thickness of only several mm the glass would not cast a shadow, i think i can reproduce it when i put the glass back in place.
I will test this when the public review update is out

Thanks for your reply
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
BOTR: looks great , there is a metal reflection cube3.basic.fx in the next release that you can build on

Earthling45: The problem is a windows should not make a shadow , normally everything inside is one big shadow and only where you have a window there is no shadows , so it looks like light is coming in from the window , in your case its inverted the window makes a shadow
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2017 14:11
got a reflection of the 3rd person wizard using a glass fragment slightly under the water thanks to Preben's shaders. Also ,got a weird upside down reflection. This is a lot of fun (I think)

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others

Attachments

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
BOTR: Think your using "beta" im not done with the shaders for the new shadow (next release) , thats one of the problems i have fixed , also thee is a lot of other stuff that will look wierd.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2017 14:21 Edited at: 10th Feb 2017 14:21
is ok Preben, I'm just testing stuff out, not sure if the reflection is true reflection or just his shadow as the staff doesn't come out, but interesting to see what effects I can get. not a problem though as I understand it's in beta.
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2017 14:35
Quote: "The problem is a windows should not make a shadow "

Yes, i know
Something similar happens with the door which is from rolfy's interactive pack.
With the shadow slider at 0 the moonlight is seen on the floor while the door is closed, when the shadow slider is raised to 50 it disappears.

Attachments

MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2017 14:54
Cube3.basic.fx
So, it will be possible to select that for an entity and then it will have reflection?
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2017 17:50 Edited at: 10th Feb 2017 18:03
Quote: "3com: could you try this on your level and see if you get all your objects back ?"

Nope, There has been no luck.

I'll give a try when Steam finished to download files to my desktop, also next week should to get an extra cable, since now my desktop is connected via hdmi cable and it is using intel integrated card instead of the gfx 1060, I've seen via google you should connect direct to the card via some cable (zero knoledge about hardware ), this way the pc recognizes the gfx card, I do not want to start GG until I solve this problem, the next week.
I must add than I don't set this exagerated quantity of grass, this coming byself after f4 LM.

Quote: "got a reflection of the 3rd person wizard"

This reminds me of something

Is a very good news Lee adding support for cubemap, I'm waiting for, maybe then my reflection shadows try looks better, and GG use cubemaps instead of add their own normal map, so all look like normal map (blue color), and reflection does not work properly.

3com

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 10th Feb 2017 18:04 Edited at: 10th Feb 2017 18:06
Quote: "I'll give a try when Steam finished to download files to my desktop, also next week should to get an extra cable, since now my desktop is connected via hdmi cable and it is using intel integrated card instead of the gfx 1060, I've seen via google you should connect direct to the card via some cable (zero knoledge about hardware ), this way the pc recognizes the gfx card, I do not want to start GG until I solve this problem, the next week. "

A 1060 should have at least one HDMI slot on the actual card, so you shouldn't need a different cable.

Just plug it in there instead of the motherboard hdmi slot.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Attachments

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2017 18:29
Quote: "Just plug it in there instead of the motherboard hdmi slot."

Yes, but the cable I've does not match with the tower card slot. I plane to carry the tower and the screen to the techs, so them can know, what exactly I need.

3com

PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 14:12
@ Belidos
You are right mate!!! - ty for point me to the right way.
Today I was looking till I got some slot than matches with my cable, and Voila! - 486 fps, can trust whats my eyes seem, this is going to change many things .

@ Preben
I've made one try with f4 and one with f3 in desktop, but get the same results as above.
Is very odd, since when LM complete, I can see the whole model even nice mapped, but suddenly walls dissapears as you can see in the pic above, if you remember the previews page has the whole model pic, there is not issue with the model.
Now I'm trying F4 with a different scene, just in case.

Well, apparently all is ok, (this is a live post ), so I'm going to recheck my apocalysis model, and try again, I'll back when done.

Just some animation are lose, anyway I'm going to close>reopen GG> re-run the scene, and so on.

3com

PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 16:05
Nope, animation doesn't come back.
I've close GG>check/recheck files via steam>run GG>run map, with not to avail.
I can see anim in the editor, but does not in test mode, there the trunk becames static, non-animated.

Before F4

About the apocalysis model, I was re-checking it in max, I can't notice nothing bad with it, the model is modular, however the walls, and the floor, are all in one piece. The roof are another piece, then the doors and assets.

The walls are thick...

there not problems with normals..

Perhaps nothing to do with shaders, but just with LM.
The walls are still there since I get collision, but they are invisible, looks like not being uploaded properly after F4.

3com

PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 20:29 Edited at: 11th Feb 2017 20:31
preben, a little problem with the custom trees from BSP (animated tropical veg.)
if I use the treea_basic.fx with the trees then the animation speed of the trees is nearly double...
any idea how to fix it?
thanks.

edit: oh looks like also the default GG animated trees are at double speed...
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 20:36
I'm having some issue like this but with a trunk sliding thru the river, now the trunk is going like a formula 1 car.
In a video made time ago you can see the trunk sliding a reasonable speed, so now don't slide, now fly.

3com

PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 21:12
for the trees its a shader effect issue.
with the entity_basic or char.... basic.fx the trees are at normal speed
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Animation speed is not controlled in shaders , i have sent a bug report to Lee.

3com: Your animation that stop working after LM , perhaps this is an fpe error , you should have "defaultstatic = 0" so the lightmapper will never touch the object. If you change this , you will have to delete your lightmap data before you try again ( if the object is already lightmapped ).

3com: About the apocalysis model, if you look at your picture its the HOLE model that disappear not just the walls , i have no clue what this could be , could you email me the model so i can play around and see if i get the same results ? plemsoft@plemsoft.com also what GG version are you using ?

MooKai:
Quote: "Cube3.basic.fx
So, it will be possible to select that for an entity and then it will have reflection?"

This is fake cubemap reflection ( not realtime generated) , so you need to supply a cubemap and select cube3_basic.fx, then it will reflect the cubemap

Earthling45:
Quote: "Something similar happens with the door which is from rolfy's interactive pack.
With the shadow slider at 0 the moonlight is seen on the floor while the door is closed, when the shadow slider is raised to 50 it disappears."

That is normal , as the lightmapper do not "see" the door that are dynamic , so you will get that moonlight, if you only use the lightmapper.

Earthling45: BTW: i seen the "inverted shadow" on beta , are you sure your not using "beta" if so i know what the problem is

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "for the trees its a shader effect issue.
with the entity_basic or char.... basic.fx the trees are at normal speed"
\

The speed is not reflected on the new shaders only on the old , so Lee need to adjust the speed when using the new shaders
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
Recently Online
Hi Preben ... I noticed in 141 a slight issue with a the lava effect from " Bored Of the Rings " which seems to be affected by the Surface level slider ..
At first I figured it could be the lava shader but I noticed it also does it very slightly with the Easter Pack lava ..
As its not used that often and easily overlooked I thought I would post and get your take on it ?

NOTE...This is the 141 beta so it could be something lee is doing but because the effect isn't used much I didn't what to wait and risk it being overlooked ?

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 22:06
ok, then lee please edit the speed for the new tree shaders......
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 22:10 Edited at: 11th Feb 2017 22:11
Yeah, nice bug there synchromesh, perhaps it is the GG asking for cloud shadows to be added to the engine lol

Reliquia....
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 22:34 Edited at: 11th Feb 2017 22:37
Quote: "OK, so after some messing around with light mapping again, it appears that while the light mapping process kills continual animations, they do work after restarting game guru - this didn't work for me before so this is great news. "

Yeah, well I was hopeful

Just performed F3 on the same level - but changed the steup.ini lightmapper settings

Note that the models FPE uses defaultstatic = 0.

Light maps a lot faster now, looks really cool, but kills animations. Switch back to 'Realtime' and animations work fine. No amount of restarts of Game Guru or machine fixes it

Reliquia....
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2017 23:49
Just to clarify:

1- Model is modular (body+roof) you can see the body in the pic below
2- Those 2 above pics are in 3ds max, nor GG, GG are the video scenes.

Since model is modular, your comment above make me think, so I decide to try just the body, since is the body than keep having the issue.
So I open a new map and place the body there,place player market and run the level.
Once there I've try F4. and the wall does not dissapear this time, but I got collision in the doors holes, so I can go inside of the hallway.

Of course without LM zero issues here.

About the anim, I can see in the editor...

But does not in test game mode.....

Thanks for your support

3com

PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2017 00:17
Yeah, about animations being super fast - this has also been happening on models with continuous rotational animations since the release when lee added per entity specular properties, they are just well - super fast - since that update.

This has been reported but not fixed to date....

Reliquia....
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2017 00:18 Edited at: 12th Feb 2017 00:19
synchromesh: The beta have functions that is not in the shaders yet , the one your looking at is Lee changing to a 32b shadow depth buffer , im currently changing the shaders to follow that , if a shader do not use the new 32b buffer the shadow will float around like you see. So when im done with the new shaders , there will be a new "public preview" so everyone can test. This could be a custom shader that dont use the new 32b or one of the shaders i already fixed , so lets check it when the "public preview" is available

reliquia , 3com: you both have animation stopping to work after LM, could you email me the object so i can see it , plemsoft@plemsoft.com

3com: could you email me the object so i can see it ? , plemsoft@plemsoft.com
If you get collision in the doors , could it be some LOD , try to delete all the LOD stages and see what happens , or email it to me so i can try to reproduce it
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 12th Feb 2017 06:31 Edited at: 12th Feb 2017 06:35
Thanks Preben ....
Usually with beta unless asked to test certain things or its the final beta build I always assume it will have issues and not worry as it all comes good in the end ..... But in this case I thought ... Have they tried this view .... Theres only one Lava ... Maybe they missed it as its not in common use

LOL .. That sounds like paranoia but its not .... A few updates to the beta have come and gone before I mentioned it
PM
Earthling45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2017 07:09
Quote: "are you sure your not using "beta" if so i know what the problem is "

I'm using 1.141 public preview
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2017 14:50
@ Prebem
I already email you, about the version, using V1.14 in Desktop, and public preview in Laptop; waiting for the next release.

My apo model does not include LOD. Maybe LM add someone by itself ?
Really do not use LM before. so not very familiar with.

Thanks for take time to help us.

I'm going to test another animations I've with LM, just in case; I'll back when done.

3com

PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2017 22:33
Quote: "reliquia , 3com: you both have animation stopping to work after LM, could you email me the object so i can see it "

@Preben, model sent - thanks for your help.

Reliquia....
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 09:33 Edited at: 13th Feb 2017 09:34
reliquia: your model is working perfectly, you just need to change the fpe.

After changing this it work with and without LM.
3com: perhaps you could check if this is also your anim problem

3com: Your apo model crash my LM , i do not really know what the problem is , but it has something to do with the model itself ? , To get the collision working on the model you must set the model to "Static" and use collisionmode = 1. otherwise you will not be able to enter the doors.

The model have 44.000 faces not sure if this is the problem , perhaps someone with better model skills could have a look at it ? Anyone ?

Earthling45: The new shaders for the next public preview has been sent to Lee , so it should be made avilable shortly , then we can test

synchromesh: We cant have you going dont with stress beacuse your lave is generating shadows that are floating around, so i made a new lava shader just for you. Well actually i used BOTR version , i just converted it, so it now generate the new 32b depthmap, now have shadows , and i put in the normal mapping to give it a little extra, this should work on old and new version of GG, fell free to spread the shader if anyone else have this problem
You find BOTR old settings in the top of the shader:

Attachments

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 09:47
Quote: "44.000"

I think that means it could have upwards of 80,000 tri's, so yeah that could be a big problem.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 12:04 Edited at: 13th Feb 2017 12:05
Quote: "synchromesh: We cant have you going dont with stress beacuse your lave is generating shadows that are floating around"

That's Awesome Preben ..
Thanks for taking the time to look its appreciated .... Now works perfectly and looks a lot better as well
One happy user here No slowdown noted ...
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 19:31
@ Prebem
Model just have about 8k polys

I've tried your last suggestion, but it does not make the difference.
Can't understand whymodel work fine before LM, and does not after LM.

About the anim is the same, nothing change here.
Why it is working fine before LM, even after LM in editor, but in test model does not, GG mistery.

Anyway now I think has nothing to do with the shader, but with the LM itself, GG does not loading right the model, after LM.
Notice after LM complete I can see the whole mode for a brief time, after that, suddenly walls dissapears.

Anyway Prebem please just focus about improving shaders, don't worry about the anims and entities dessapearing after LM, it has to do just with GG.
(I just say that related to myself)
Many thanks again to take time to help me.
User of the month well deserved.

3com

PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2017 23:02 Edited at: 13th Feb 2017 23:03
Quote: "reliquia: your model is working perfectly, you just need to change the fpe."

Thanks Preben! Did not know about using character_basic.fx, I was just using what I learn from store items - so learn something new every day

Light mapper looks awesome now, and now with models still animating afterwards, I will playing with this big time!

Thanks for your help.

MODS: Preben deserves user of the year award also - if there is no badge for that, then it is time to make one

Reliquia....
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2017 07:29 Edited at: 14th Feb 2017 07:29
with anim frames , I never use 0,59, but always use 1,60 especially with doors as 0 frame always casused problems.
Vitamin Sketch
Years of Service
User Offline
That's nice let me know when or if it goes into production.
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
3com: please sent me your animation anyway , like to take a look at what is going wrong.

BOTR: in this case 60 makes the animation jump , and 0 works fine also all the default media use 0, ?

Vitamin Sketch: Soon i think , we made some "drastic" changes so its currently in beta , but no feedback yet.

BETA testers please give it a try and report back that everything is ok , even if you dont find any problems / changes or fps drops, we are testing some gpu stuff that we need feedback on
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 05:19 Edited at: 16th Feb 2017 05:19
A video of the cube map shader in action.
Real time lighting right now. Different cubemaps for inside the roundhouse and for outside stuff.
Still working on the windows, don't quite have the reflection on them yet.

Seems to be working great, Playing with the sliders to get the best results. Could use a lua command for controlling the sun surface slider to work with a trigger zone. This would be useful for going outside to inside. I could use 2 different settings in this scene for sure.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
3com: Tried your anim and it works fine before and after LM , change your fpe to:
defaultstatic = 0

Think your problem is that its already lightmapped , so even if you make fpe changes it has no effect, so do this:
Load your level , play , hit f3 , hold ESC to cancel LM, Save your level under a new name.
Then try to LM the new level and see if it works

Pirate Myke: you should use cube2_basic.fx for your windows , and they will work without you doing anything, not sure if Lee published cube2 and cube3 yet ?

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2017 12:46
No cube2_basic or cube3_basic in beta test yet.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 01:34:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 01:34:26