Product Chat / Lee: Shader pack permission.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2017 07:49 Edited at: 15th Jan 2017 07:53
Nomad Soul, granada: They will be released before 1.14beta

cybernescence:
Quote: " jumped from around 45 to about 65 "

Dont forget your now ALSO running FXAA , Lens Flare , Distance improvement .... Everything has been made faster. On my water test levels im getting a 100% boost. But you should get a boost on all types of level.

You can see directly in GG editor if LOD terrain is active , "See first post" if your seeing dark blue , then LOD is working , if not you need to flatten terrain under water line to make LOD work.
best regards Preben Eriksen,
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Incredible work Preben !!
Any chance we can have a switch for the red blood death sequence or is that a different shader ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2017 15:27
Am I to understand that Lee will be adding these shaders to GG?
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2017 16:25
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/216864?page=2#msg2567946

Lee mentions it in this post.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

TGPEG
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2017 20:49 Edited at: 15th Jan 2017 21:39
Preben: I hate to ask, but would you be up to getting a proper cube map reflection shader within the main entity shader set up for windows/metal objects and such? It'd be nice to have the reflection opacity be the same as the alpha intensity, and maybe have the reflections be affected by the normal map?

Trying to get my London shop front going but I'm struggling with no reflections.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2017 21:04
Quote: "Lee mentions it in this post."
All I can say is WOW! and thanks of course.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2017 07:10
Reflections would be great, working on this myself but not much luck so far only in dark shader but can't get it to work at all in GG ...
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2017 12:57 Edited at: 16th Jan 2017 13:08
TGPEG: I think i have to finish what i started here ( still lots of work ) before i do anything new major, like a cubemap shader

synchromesh: easy one, and added to the next release.

synchromesh: trying to get all shaders to use the same settings.fx file, so it do not matter what shader it is using. It will allow for an "easy" to use settings.fx file you can edit without looking at any code, and this file will be used for setting parameters for all the shaders.

cybernescence: Bloom has been changed to VH in next update ( do look better ). Lens flare is kind of working on the bloom render target and using the bloom slider, to separate bloom/lensflare i would have to setup a new render target, it would make it more slow (and i cant make new sliders in GG, so it would also be a setting) , anyway i will keep it in my back head and perhaps another way to do it will popup ?
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "synchromesh: easy one, and added to the next release."

Awesome Thanks preben ... Your really making a huge difference to GameGuru here and its appreciated
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2017 14:33
Quote: "
Awesome Thanks preben ... Your really making a huge difference to GameGuru here and its appreciated
"

Couldn't have put it better myself .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2017 18:11 Edited at: 16th Jan 2017 18:13
Quote: " (and i cant make new sliders in GG, so it would also be a setting)"

If Lee plane incorporate those shaders to GG, he can provide those extra sliders, thought.

Or
Can you access those settings via LUA, and if you need some extra LUA commands, request them to Lee?

Or
I don't get the point right?

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2017 10:34
I am currently looking for a working example of DirectX 9.0c HLSL C++ Cube mapping that can load into Visual Studio 2008 and above, compile and run. My own experimental cube mapping shader is a little wobbly and needs to seek a higher power. Without this, I will be skipping the cube mapping work until I have the free time to do more R&D on the subject. You can email me the links direct to lee@thegamecreators.com
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks all

3com: Its already made , just using a parameter in the settings.fx , so just waiting for feedback , we can always ask for a slider if Lee feels its needed

New settings:
#define HQLENSFLARE
#define TRIGGERLENSFLARE (0.97,0.97,0.97)
// About LENSFLAREINTENSITY: 3.0 Normal intensity, 0.5 very low, 2.0 Low , 5.0 High intensity.
#define LENSFLAREINTENSITY (3.0)

The new HQLENSFLARE is now separate from bloom , so it do not matter how mush bloom you have , lens flare will not react on that , but will react on the original image.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2017 14:22
Very nice. Will be a great addition to Game Guru.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 17th Jan 2017 18:27
For anyone who hasn't noticed - Preben's latest shader pack update is released here:

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/217071
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 17th Jan 2017 20:42 Edited at: 17th Jan 2017 21:20
That's really nice work there Preben, really makes a difference, and it seems to have fixed the issue with surface level causing odd patterns on textures when up high**, awesome work!

just a quick question about the cartoon shader, is there a way to make the lines thicker or more prominent, at the moment it's really subtle and on most models almost non-existent, I've tried surface level, brightness and contrast as per instructions, but they don't seem to help.

** it seems to have made my issue with surface level and textures worse, to get a decent baked light you need to increase the surface level quite a bit, but with surface level up it creates patterns in the textures, with your new shader it's now more prominent and showing even on busy textures, also your shader adjusts the normal so when I have the surface level up higher to show the baked lights I also have over rough entities

Note in the image the verticle lines, they're not part of the textures, also not the texture is extremely rough on one wall, the surface level is set at 25, which is what I need for the baked lights to illuminate properly/

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.

Attachments

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2017 21:42
Belidos does you've specular slider set up, too hight value?
I've not try yet these shaders, since post-processing effects are forbiden for my laptop, new desktop is already at home, now I should to configue it, install soft, and so on, and not time now, waiting for next weekend, then I'll can to test many thinks, like this ones.

3com

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 08:12
@3Com: Nope, specular is set low and doesn't seem to do anything when i change it.

@Preben: OK, been playing around, it only seemed to be doing the cartoon effect on some models, but not others, on the models that it worked on adjusting the surface level, brightness, and contrast worked fine, and gave a good effect, BUT only only on a fresh level, if i put it on a level already created with baked lighting it didn't change anything, even when switched to real time, but even that didn't seem to change anything for the entities that it didn't show on, after messing about i checked to see what was different with the entities and while doing that deleted the .dbo's, then after restarting gameguru most of the entities that didn't work with the cartoon effect started working fine with the cartoon effect, so it looks like the .dbo's retain something that stops that effect working, not sure what or how, might just be a coincidence, and there are still some entities that seem to either ignore the cartoon effect.

Despite the issues with the cartoon shader, and the problem with surface level clashing with lighting (which isn't really an issue on your end, i wish Lee would separate some shader functions and add more sliders), your new shaders have really improved the visuals, everything looks smoother (i assume that's the FXAA), my frame rate looks to be up a little on some maps, normal maps actually make an instantly visible difference now, terrain is less tiled, and some of the terrains i had that had barely visible texture edge lines in high are now blended so you can't see the edge.

You've done a great job with these!

Sorry, just thought of another quick question: In the settings there's a line that mentions removing the colour changes on injury, i un-commented this line and tried it, but it doesn't seem to do anything, i still get that horrible red colour when injured, and when dying, is there something i'm doing wrong? are there more changes i need to make to get rid of that?

Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 09:38 Edited at: 18th Jan 2017 09:40
Belidos:

Cartoon shader use differences in colors to find edges , so you need to make as mush difference in your settings to get the great effect.

Mainly do this:
Disable SAO
Set surface level to 100
Set Brighness to 100

Here is some screenshots of my settings and how great it looks

You can work your settings from there.

Also added this setting to next update: CARTOONIMPACT , it allow you to tweak the generated lines.

Will look at the patterns in your texture now

3com: You should be able to use these shaders on your laptop , I’m running on a old laptop , when you have installed them edit the “settings.fx” file and disable these 2 lines ( by putting // infront).
//#define DOF // PE: enable / disable depth of field.
//#define MOTIONBLUR // PE: enable / disable motion blur.
This will enable you to use post processing (bloom) without a huge FPS drop. ( you can also disable other stuff until post processing is fast ).

Attachments

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 09:55 Edited at: 18th Jan 2017 10:00
Ups Belidos we posted at the same time

Quote: "it looks like the .dbo's retain something"

SAO will even out the cartoon efftect ( they kind of do the same , detect edges ), so it makes it hard for cartoon to detect the edge ( it has blur ) , try disabling SAO.

When you use:
#define NOCOLOREFFECT // PE: Disable color effect, like: screen going red when you die, or you have little health.

I can see that it is enabled by default ( ups my mistake ) , so you should not un-commented the line, when NOCOLOREFFECT is defined you get "NO COLOR EFFECT"

EDIT: Frame Rate: If you dont use DOF or Motion blur do this:
It will get you a nice FPS boost

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Belidos:
Could you emaill me the object and all textures and the fpe file ? to: plemsoft@plemsoft.com

Quote: "I also have over rough entities"

This is because normals using light map is now working, so your getting normals from the directional light.
Added this: #define DISABLELIGHTMAPNORMALS , to make it looks like before , its not really a solution , light from the light map should be separated from everything else , so you don’t need to increase surface level that mush ( surface level also increase the effect from normals ).

Vertical Pattern lines ( i did not see it on any of my levels, so i assume its only this one that have the problem ):
try this:

Walk as close to the wall as possible , do you see the pattern ?
NO: Try regenerating all the mipmaps on all the textures.

YES:
Delete all textures except _D diffuse , , do you see the pattern ?
NO: Try adding the textures missing one by one to see what texture generate this.

YES:
Email me the objects,textures,fpe and i check if i can reproduce it
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 13:26 Edited at: 18th Jan 2017 13:29
Quote: "so i assume its only this one that have the problem"

Nope, it's every single model (that has a large surface area) if the surface level is set higher than about 20 i get that pattern when i bake the light maps.

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Belidos: Found the problem , its the light mappers blur process that generates these wierd patterns.

I fixed it, and PM you a new version so you can confirm its working
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 15:33 Edited at: 18th Jan 2017 15:36
Excellent, thank you very much Preben, you are a star!

I'll jump on tonight, check it out, and let you know the results.

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 15:52
Great when a plan comes together,where's my cigar.great work chaps.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 19:09
Think Preben deserves one of those blue badge valued member thingies.

Probably a lot more . But you know ...

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh I think I can see some badges coming his way
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 20:01
Quote: "when you have installed them edit the “settings.fx” file and disable these 2 lines ( by putting // infront).
This will enable you to use post processing (bloom) without a huge FPS drop. ( you can also disable other stuff until post processing is fast )."

Nice, so I plane to give a try next weekend, in both my laptop and desktop, I'll report here the results.
Thanks for clarify, and for the great work!

3com

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 20:45
OK, yet again many thanks for this Preben!

I've managed to check it out, and yes this does fix the issue I have with textures and surface level, I cannot express how grateful I am for this.

Now the only issue I have is what I was talking about before, about how sometimes the lightmapper is mapping shadows as patches of light instead of dark, here's a quick video to show you what I mean. Note how with baked maps the large shadow in front of the building is showing as a bright patch, yet if I switch to real time lighting it becomes a shadow again.

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 02:19
How to go about using these shaders? explanation please.

PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 07:29 Edited at: 19th Jan 2017 07:35
MK83: download from this thread , https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/217071

Download and unzip the files , you find a readme.txt file inside that explains how to install the shaders.
But you mainly backup your old shaders and copy / overwrite the new shaders into your /effectbank/reloaded folder , thats it

Belidos: Try to set your "shadows" to 1 , exit your level and save , then restart your level , did it fix it ?
When GG start your level it will generate a HUGE one texture shadow map of your entire level, i believe this is the problem as you have shadows set to 0.

Did it work ?

BTW: Dont think you will get any fps increase by disabling shadows , they are executed anyway in the shaders , perhaps the shadow camera is not running when shadows is set to 0, not sure ?
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 08:16
Quote: "Did it work ?"

Shadows were off in that video so it was more visible, but it does this for me whether i have shadows on 0 or anywhere up to 100, it just darkens it a little if i turn shadows up.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 08:24
Oh, by the way, i don't know if there's anything you can do on your end about it, but the #define DISABLELENSFLAREHALO and #define LENSFLARE features also effect custom cursors/cross hairs, for example Rolfy's interactive hand flarehalo makes it glow with a red outline, and lensflare adds a large red circle permanently on the screen when you have the hand icon up.

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Rolfy's interactive hand: i dont have that , but i assume its a 3D objects, otherwise it would not trigger the lensflare , the only way you can stop that is Editing the hand texture and lowering the brightness , it must be using high color values to trigger the lensflare , but if its using 256,256,256 colors lower it to 246,246,246 and save the texture , this way it will not trigger the lens flare

Quote: "Shadows were off in that video so it was more visible, but it does this for me whether i have shadows on 0 or anywhere up to 100, it just darkens it a little if i turn shadows up."

Had some trouble reproducing this, but i now see that shadows and fog did not mix together perfectly. It do now. Remember when you test that you need to use the "shadow" slider to get shadows.

Please test and let me know if it fixed your problem

I uploaded the latest with all fixes since 1075 so you can download it here , and everyone can test the latest fixes.

Attachments

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 14:41
Quote: "Download and unzip the files , you find a readme.txt file inside that explains how to install the shaders.
But you mainly backup your old shaders and copy / overwrite the new shaders into your /effectbank/reloaded folder , thats it "
Yes, I got that, but, how to enable cartoon shader?

PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 14:42 Edited at: 19th Jan 2017 14:44
Quote: "Rolfy's interactive hand: i dont have that , but i assume its a 3D objects, otherwise it would not trigger the lensflare , the only way you can stop that is Editing the hand texture and lowering the brightness , it must be using high color values to trigger the lensflare , but if its using 256,256,256 colors lower it to 246,246,246 and save the texture , this way it will not trigger the lens flare"

Yeah i thought it might be something like that, it's a 3d model with a pure white texture, so you're probably right, i'll give it a go and see how it goes and let you know.

Quote: "Had some trouble reproducing this, but i now see that shadows and fog did not mix together perfectly. It do now. Remember when you test that you need to use the "shadow" slider to get shadows."

I completely missed that i was using fog, it's the fog colour and the shadow colour not mixing well, makes sense now, it probably doesn't notice that much at a distance, but when you have the fog close like i have it really highlights the issue, thanks for that, i'll give it a try and let you know.

I know i've said it multiple times, but you really are a star mate, shaders have been my one major gripe with Gameguru since day one, most of everything else i can live with, and work around, but shaders really get me every time.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 14:46
Quote: "Yes, I got that, but, how to enable cartoon shader?"

Just remove the // from in front of //#define CARTOON // PE: enable / disable cartoon (cel) shader in settings.fx

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 14:51
Quote: "#define LENSFLARE features also effect custom cursors/cross hairs, for example Rolfy's interactive hand flarehalo makes it glow with a red outline, and lensflare adds a large red circle permanently on the screen when you have the hand icon up."

It also does it to the editing cursor when in F9 mode. Not a big deal, though. It's not actually aligned with the cursor.
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 15:01
Quote: "Just remove the // from in front of //#define CARTOON // PE: enable / disable cartoon (cel) shader in settings.fx"
Many thanks.

PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 17:04
Don't think this is a result of the updates to the post process shaders, but does moving the SAO slider from zero do anything else other than route the pipeline through post-sao.fx instead of post-bloom.fx?

I'm asking because if I put identical shader code in both, I get a third less polygons and half the draw calls in the metrics panel with SAO slider at zero (running through post-bloom.fx) than I so with SAO slider above zero (running through post-sao.fx) - remember using exactly same code in both shaders. Seems strange unless engine is doing other work with SAO slider above zero. The FPS drops of course too. I had always put it down to extra SAO passes and code but doesn't look like it is only this?

Cheers.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 20:12 Edited at: 19th Jan 2017 20:32
Just tested the last shaders, and it worked perfectly, fixed my problem completely

You don't know how much this means to me, I was on the verge of cancelling my project because I couldn't get the shaders to do what I need, now it's perfect and i'm ready and raring to get more done

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Also its great not seeing the horrible red death screen
Awesome work !!
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 21:15
Quote: "Oh I think I can see some badges coming his way "

Is there a "User of the Year" badge? He's got my vote!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2017 22:12
Quote: "Is there a "User of the Year" badge? He's got my vote!"
Me Too

PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2017 09:26 Edited at: 20th Jan 2017 09:28
Thanks everyone, your so kind

What a great morning , first time in month i wake up with NO gameguru bug fixes or new gg shader stuff to do , did i forget something ? , i will browse all the threads and see if i missed something ?.

MORE BETA TESTERS NEEDED , LETS CONVINCE LEE WE WANT THESE CHANGES IN 1.14

Today im going to test the latest GG Loader addition. A 1 click app to convert all gameguru media and your level to AGK , see screenshot:
1. Open App.
2. Click Start convert.
3. Click run in GG Loader.
4. Your GameGuru level is now running in AGK

it can do initial conversion , or just convert the level your currently working on, so if you make changes in your GameGuru level you just click "Convert" and the current level your working on will (2 second later) be directly available in AGK just click run

Ups off topic.

cybernescence:
I tried to compare poly count in GG Loader with GameGuru , and it looks like Lee do not count the reflection camera and shadow camera into the poly count, ( so you should * 3 on the initial poly count, where you have everything disabled) , The jumps in poly count your seeing is a "behind the scene" render of depth buffers , used by SAO,DOF,MB so if you raise any of these sliders a new depth buffer is generated , that actually render the hole scene another time ( this count up poly and draw calls ). If you look at the new shaders post-bloom now just include post-sao so we only have one post process shader, makes it easy to maintain

Attachments

TGPEG
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2017 10:16
Quote: "did i forget something ? , i will browse all the threads and see if i missed something ?."

Cube map reflection shader?
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Cube map reflection shader?"

I dont have access to any code so it would all be fake cube mapping , you need to generate the cubemap using a camera in the center of the reflection object to make it look great , only Lee has access to this.

Think BOTR is already making a fake reflection shader , perhaps he got something ready ?
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2017 13:13
Hi all

As Jerry Tremble says give him a user of the year badge already!

@Preben thanks for your hard work, and sorry to create a bug report for you

I just downloaded the 1076 shaders, and gave it whirl.

I was going to report a problem I was seeing with shadows on some objects, but wasn't that concerned about it. But with the 1076 shader pack I get the issue you can see in the image.

Notice the jagged edges of the shadow under the blue section at the top of the building in the top image. the second image is what results after F2 lightmapping.

Thanks for checking this out.

Reliquia...

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Attachments

PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
reliquia: Could you make a screenshot of the real-time shadows using the original shaders , i like to compare before i start
TGPEG
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2017 19:49
Quote: "I dont have access to any code so it would all be fake cube mapping , you need to generate the cubemap using a camera in the center of the reflection object to make it look great , only Lee has access to this. "

That would be fine by me. For most things you can use the same cube map over and over. If it's blurred/subtle enough and the player doesn't actually look closely at it, you mostly never realise it's a completely different reflection.
All I really want it is a reflection shader which (roughly) imitates physical reflections, those reflections being taken from a static cube map (or even equirectangular) texture. All my GG wishes would be answered!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 03:45:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 03:45:42