Product Chat / Lee: Shader pack permission.

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 9th Jan 2017 13:54
Quote: "As for the artifacts on my screen shots, I am not using the light rays at all. I am thinking that this might be coming from the SAO sliders from GG."

Yeah i keep getting the same, even though i don't have light rays turned on, not sure if it's SAO or shadows, because if i turn either one off they go away.

To be honest my game is on hold at the moment because of the shader system.

What with this issue, issues with surface level that create strange patterns on surfaces when turned up, and having to turn up surface level for baked lights so keeping it low isn't an option, also placing models in certain ways on the map makes them project a shadow that is "mapped" as light, shadows being projected offset from objects, and a ton of other issues, i'm just not confident i can get my game looking right.

I will continue to build levels for fun, i will continue to experiment with scripts, and i will continue to build models for the store and for free, but as of now i'm not actively building my game any more until there has been a complete revamp of the shaders and light mapping in gameguru.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Belidos: If you could make a "bug" report thread with some screenshots and perhaps a small level to display it , i will see if i can also fix some of the issues you have.

I know that baked light is different but mainly this is because GG dont use the same light radius as the lightmapper. I could make a version that use the same radius as the lightmapper , so wysiwyg. But that would mean everyone would have to adjust there lights on all there levels , but again i could just make it a setting ( so you decide ), but make a bug report and i will see if im able to help you

I made a huge light/shadow update so perhaps many of the issues you have is already fixed ?

best regards Preben Eriksen,
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2017 16:37 Edited at: 9th Jan 2017 16:39
The biggest issue is the one where lightmapping and high surface level create a very uniform, neat pattern underlying the texture (the plainer the texture and the less details on it, the more it shows up, on base colours it's very obvious), it's almost like a striped wallpaper effect, reducing surface level gets rid of it, but because the baked light sources are linked to surface level that's just not an acceptable fix. When i get home tonight i'll have a play around and recreate it with a basic default entity map and put it in the bug section.

Edit: I actually have a feeling that this has something to do with the way it lightmaps normal and specular maps, because if i remember right it doesn't do i with entities not set to high.

Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Pirate Myke: Could you circle out the pattern artifacts your seeing in one of your screenshots , the screenshot here is what i believed was the artifact ?, it looks like the brown is getting spread in rayes.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2017 00:53 Edited at: 10th Jan 2017 00:54
That is the pattern that I am referring to. But am not using GG light rays at all. I can shut down the pattern by turning off GG's SAO sliders.
Here is a screen shot of the settings and circled pattern. So this is not caused from you as far as I can tell.
If you view the image in the browser and then make it full screen, it is easier to see.

With SAO and no light rays:

Without SAO and no light rays:

You can see the pattern here in the shadows of the rails, before I started testing your shader modifications.

Thanks.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

stor
Years of Service
User Offline
Preben : How can I get the "Shader pack"? and how to install it?
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2017 11:44 Edited at: 10th Jan 2017 11:51
stor: Currently they are only available if you have an account at daily3d.com , you can download them from your account page

Pirate Myke: That is defiantly a SSAO problem , it happens when you try to reconstruct the normal.
fix:

This fix can be used in the original shaders and the new shaders.
Pirate Myke , Try to increase this value 1.48f until you have no more artifacts , and let me know what value works for you.
1.48f : worked the best for me. but we might have to make another solution ( fading ssao in the distance ). but let me know

Belidos: You also had those "stripes" could you try to do the same as Pirate Myke so we end up with a perfect bias

Pirate Myke i was not able to see it before i zoomed in like in screenshot ( time to get glasses ? )

Lee: looked like a depthRawSampler problem but was reconstruction normal , anyway while displaying depthRawSampler only , i noticed that terrain is always generated in depthRawSampler even if Motion blur , SSAO , DOF is set to 0 , not needed could give a few more FPS in cases

Attachments

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2017 13:44
Excellent. Will test these out. Thanks.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2017 15:51 Edited at: 10th Jan 2017 15:53
While waiting for feedback ( on tons of fixes ) , and my test level is now above 100% fps boost , i decided to put in more Goodies

new settings:
#define IMPROVEDISTANCE

Will now make a total repeat pattern removal , see screenshots. also works way out where final terrain lod is used.
Has a non visible fading so when your up close everything looks normal.

#define DISABLELENSFLAREHALO
Only use lens flare , bright stuff you look at shine , without the halo effect , some people wanted this.

Attachments

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2017 16:00
Reporting back with my tests.

Multiplayer issue appears to be fix with your modifications. Syncromesh and I just got done testing that out.

The pattern issue, I am only seeing on that yellow diesel engine now, which may be a texture or geometry error on my part. I think that model has LOD meshes also. I have other diesels with out LOD and different texture color I am going to test out now and report back.

As you can see, nothing else does what the diesel is doing. Need to go to work here, so I will report back later today.

Great job on these so far. Thanks.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2017 16:22
Quote: "Belidos: You also had those "stripes" could you try to do the same as Pirate Myke so we end up with a perfect bias "

Just seen your close up picture of Mykes issue, sorry i thought you were talking about something completely different (i was thinking about streaks of light that look like lens flare from light rays when you have the light rays turned off), looking at his image that is something i had been having issues with, but for me it wasn't in gameguru, for me it was because i was baking the textures with not enough margin between UV's so was getting texture bleed.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2017 16:26
Sounds about right. I use a tight pack on my UV maps 2 pixels. May need to increase this distance for better results. Will check this out later today.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2017 16:31
One thing i have noticed, especially if you're baking solid colours rather than textures, the smaller your target texture, the bigger your island margins need to be, or you get bleed, it doesn't show so much with textures because they're usually quite busy, but when baking solid colour it really notices.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2017 16:43
Yes, I read an article somewhere mentioning this. I will try a hunt it up again. Had to do with light mapping and baking with large Island space between the UV's.

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
If it disappear when you disable SAO try to increase this value , and see if it helps: "static const float bias = 1.48f;".

Quote: "Multiplayer issue appears to be fix with your modifications. Syncromesh and I just got done testing that out."

Great news , will find a way to get these fixes out to everyone

PLEASE do not purchase GG Loader just to get the bug fixes , the fixes will be made available at some point.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2017 17:33
Quote: "PLEASE do not purchase GG Loader just to get the bug fixes , the fixes will be made available at some point."

Another shining example why this is one of the best communities in the game making industry!

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2017 20:17
outstanding.

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
How the new lens flare (without halo) improve explosions

Attachments

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Pattern removal , check the details in the rock texture way out there , and no pattern on the grass areas , This addition make any landscape / level look so mush better, currently its only on highest , but im thinking about adding it to medium also, because it add so mush to the overall visuals.

Attachments

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Pirate Myke: When i zoom in on your latest screen shots , i can see that the SAO: "line" pattern is gone when you have SAO on , thats great , the other artifacts is shadow artifacts. In the version i sent you last night i made a larger offset to fix this , did it help ?

Lee: can you confirm that when GG does shadow depth maps, it ONLY render the backfaces of all objects ? , if not this could also cause this.

Pirate Myke: I believe GG use the lowest LOD to make the shadows , so if you lowest LOD mesh dont 100% match ( the sides on the train ) your best LOD mesh, this would also move the shadow to a place where it should not be.

Let me know
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2017 14:51
@Preben:
You know I see it on my setup and in the photos I have posted. Maybe my rig is just getting to old to handle this stuff.
I am going to do a NVidia driver update and remove a few things out of my machine and take a look at this again.

That diesel engine is the only thing so far that exhibits this behavior. I have 6 versions of it over 3 years, all with different textures. I set them all on a map and had one facing north and south, the other east and west. From the west side I see these line patterns in the shadows of the rails. ( they are very small diameter 1" to 2" only) This may be part of it. But when I look at them from the north side, My normal map seems to diamond out from a distance, and then as I move closer to them, where the shadow line clip moves along the terrain. This disappears as I get closer.

I am going to try and capture this behavior on video and post it. Just to hard to try and explain.

Also this behavior was in this version of GG and possibly the last 1.132. SO I am not entirely sure that this is all a shader issue. I am starting to think that this is a model and texture issue. But I am going to rule out all drivers and try it again.

Just completed windows 2nd Tuesday of the month update. Now I am going to update my GTX 660 which is so old that any new update almost does not even cover it. Rule those out, then rework the model and normal a bit and see if this will take care of it.

I like so much detail in my models, that I just may be shooting myself in the foot with it. I will see.

All other testers seam to be having little to no issues reported, so dont change anything for just this one model.

(Face Palm)!!!
What an airhead I am. I am going to PM a download link to you of this media for you to mess with also. All my other train cars, except one box car act great in the engine. and this one only acts up using light mapping. Give me a few minutes on the link.

And Thanks again for your work on these. They will be a great asset and I hope that they are incorporated into the stock shader set.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2017 14:59
See entity_basic.fx, this function is used when rendering into the Shadow Mapping target, as you can see CCW is active:

technique DepthMap
{
pass p0
{
VertexShader = compile vs_2_0 mainVS_lowest();
PixelShader = compile ps_2_0 blackPS();
CullMode = CCW;
alphafunc = greater;
alpharef = 128;
AlphaBlendEnable = FALSE;
AlphaTestEnable = true;
}
}
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Lee

Quote: "my rig is just getting to old"

Naaa im on a old laptop running GG through remote desktop on my mac , so .... ( also thats why my screenshots is not that good, they are from a remote desktop ).

Quote: " PM a download link"

Great i get to play with trains today!
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2017 19:23
finally. Here is the video. Set it to HD. hopefully it will be clear enough to see what I refer to.

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes i can see it , but i can also see your NOT using the latest version i sent you ....107pm.zip , check your PM , so please try with that version. im sure it will fix it, also its easy to see if your using the latest version ( you will notice )

Let me know.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Pirate Myke: Tried to move to the exact same location where you see most of the artifacts , and made this screenshot using version ...107pm.zip i sent you , no artifacts. But please also try it yourself i like to confirmed that its really fixed.

Notice the soft smooth grass , YES this is actually the default GG grass , just using the latest shaders

BTW: This is a great model pack your doing Pirate Myke , wow cant wait to play more with this.

Attachments

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2017 04:11
Apparently my brain was somewhere else this morning. I tried 3 times to notice the new additions scratching my head.
Got off work and checked the dates of the files I thought I transferred to the reloaded fx folder, and sure enough, wrong stuff.

I will recheck my stuff. The screenshot looks great from that angle and is a big relief that I don't have a few hundred models to fix. The terrain is superb.

Thanks again.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2017 15:17
Working great. Terrain is amazing now. The new settings work wonderful.

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2017 15:20
That looks realy cool guys,great work.

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
TGPEG
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2017 20:44
I think Preben is an asset to this community. TGC would benefit from getting him involved on a more formal basis with GG, if it hasn't done so already.
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2017 21:38
Quote: "I think Preben is an asset to this community. TGC would benefit from getting him involved on a more formal basis with GG, if it hasn't done so already."

Might move things along a bit faster and curb some of those negative Steam reviews!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2017 22:19
All down to the £££ I think.

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2017 10:44
Preben is a great guy! He has fixed up our shaders and then offered them for free for the next update to GameGuru. We will also be releasing a beta of these shaders real soon so watch these spaces!
PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5930K (PASSMARK:13645), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 GPU (PASSMARK:9762) , 32GB RAM

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2017 10:51
Quote: "Preben is a great guy! He has fixed up our shaders and then offered them for free for the next update to GameGuru. We will also be releasing a beta of these shaders real soon so watch these spaces!"

That's awesome of him. When i get paid next month i will be purchasing his loader software, even though i don't even own AGK, just to say thank you.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent work Preben.
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2017 11:16
Belidos wrote: "That's awesome of him. When i get paid next month i will be purchasing his loader software, even though i don't even own AGK, just to say thank you."

Maybe he could set up a donate button
PM
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2017 14:31
Quote: "Maybe he could set up a donate button
"

Yeah, I agree with that.

You have done a fantastic job here Preben!

Can't wait for the GG next update to play with this stuff.

Reliquia...
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 13th Jan 2017 14:42 Edited at: 13th Jan 2017 14:44
I do have AGK but have never used it (I tend to purchase all of TGC's software since day 1) I also noticed Preben and his loader a while back and purchased the loader but also never used it, all I can say is there are a lot of friendly talented people within this community and I would like to thank every one of you for all your hard work and efforts and especially thank you too Lee and his team for bringing us all together
Welcome to the real world!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-2600K @3.40GHz - 32.0GB RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 4x500GB SSD Striped
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2017 14:46
Quote: "PLEASE do not purchase GG Loader just to get the bug fixes , the fixes will be made available at some point."

You has convinced me with these statement. Good point mate.

Quote: "That's awesome of him. When i get paid next month i will be purchasing his loader software, even though i don't even own AGK, just to say thank you."

Same here.

3com

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Good man. He needs to be on your GG team.
"So let it be written; so let it be done." Account got messed up with introduction to steam. I am Jackal
Joined 2nd Dec 2009.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2017 17:50
Quote: "That's awesome of him. When i get paid next month i will be purchasing his loader software, even though i don't even own AGK, just to say thank you."

I should be recovered from the holidays sometime next month. I will do the same. (I do own AGK, though; just never use it!) This is indeed awesome. Thank you, Preben!
Desktop: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9809), 12GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX 1080 (passmark 12006), 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD; Laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz, 16GB RAM, Win 10/64, GeForce GTX870M , 1TB SSD.
PM
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline

Thanks all,

I really appreciate you want to support the work , tons of time and love has gone into these shader, i might even setup the donate button as you suggested

But perhaps getting GG Loader is a better choice even if your not going to learn AGK. If you can follow the doc and press “Run” in agk, it does some things out of the box , like: Convert your terrain into a standard “height map”/“splats map”, so you can get your GG terrain into programs like blender …. and I’m sure your also able to use some of the other files it generate , i just never thought about what other stuff you could use it for without not really using it, and sure you would always have access to the latest GG shaders

Lee got a copy of the latest beta ready to publish to everyone, and it have been uploaded to www.daily3d.com , gameguru-shaders1073.zip

Everything is in this beta.

When Lee publish it i really hope you all are going to give it a try , so we can get the last tweeks / fixes into the shaders before its “Really” released

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 10:25
@Preben-thanks, good work...as I am in Shader mode at the moment, I will be going through each one and testing them thoroughly with some feedback (time permitting).
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 11:47
You're a star Preben - thanks.

I'm going through the 1073 now.

I hadn't thought about the export of terrain either ... nice idea.

Cheers.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for testing , hopefully Lee will publish soon so everyone can test

cybernescence: If you get streaks like last time you tested i think this is lightray , Remember: you can not disable lightray just by setting all the "Post effect" light ray sliders to 0 , to disable it you must set Light ray to 0 under "Graphics options." thats the only way to disable it

Thinking: Import heightmap to blender , Texture your terrain with ALL the textures details you like , just copy the changed mesh part and save it as a object, import in gg , you get ALL the textures/details you like and its based on the heightmap so it will fit perfectly, and collision would still be based on terrain so AI would work.... well might not be so easy but perhaps ?
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 17:49 Edited at: 14th Jan 2017 18:14
Hi Preben - I've been testing all afternoon and these shader updates are amazing. The terrain look so much better without the 'carpet tile' patterns. Shadows look way better too.

The streaks on very high bloom are still there - these are definitely caused by the optimised bloom blur pass, when I revert the code (just bloom blur part) they go away and the light rays are off by graphic panel. Is there a reason you didn't implement your BlurV and BlurH passes approach for bloom? When I've done this (using your code as it's already in the fx just not enabled) it looks much better - I used BlurV for pass 1, BlurH for pass 2 and left Blur3 as PSBlur.

A suggestion for lens flare - could a threshold be added to allow tweaking for when the flare kicks in - It's a nice effect and makes explosions look great , though currently for me this is firing too much (I know can adjust a bit via bloom but can't seem to get the balance correct with that one lever). No worries if not, just a thought.

Re the terrain - I was trying to do exactly this for a long time - that is get the GG terrain to match imported terrain I'd built elsewhere - but it's way tricky and very time consuming. Doing it the way you suggest should be much easier and it might provide better performance and better texturing opportunities, as basically baking the terrain made in GG by using GG Loader then re-importing to match collision mesh (turning off GG terrain). Haven't looked at this yet but thanks for mentioning it

EDIT: @ Lee if you see this:

//Shader Variables pulled from FPI scripting
float4 ShaderVariables : ShaderVariables
< string UIName = "Shader Variables";
> = {1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f};

If it's not a huge job please could we have a lua get/set for these shader variables - then for example, we could use the occmap for alternative textures on entities (as it's used for static only) when triggered by lua script (and lots of other cool features). If these variables could also be made available to the post process shaders, we could switch post effect via lua too - some very neat effects could arrive quickly after that.

Cheers.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
cybernescence: Yes i made the VH blur just for you
Read this post: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/216864?page=1#msg2565320
I was not able to reproduce your streaks so i made the VH approach but was kind of waiting for feedback from you , as i was not able to see it myself, you must be doing something else ? , anyway VH is better ( and the normal way to do it ) so we go for that

Lens flare threshold , i will have a look tomorrow its getting late here, its been a very long week.

Thanks for testing.

Nomad Soul
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 23:22
Hi

Are the shader fixes being released as part of v1.14 BETA or a separate BETA?
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2017 00:09
Quote: "Hi

Are the shader fixes being released as part of v1.14 BETA or a separate BETA?"

Might have to wait until monday for a answer to that one .

Dave
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2017 00:41
Quote: "Yes i made the VH blur just for you"

Thanks Preben - sorry I missed your earlier post about this. V/H blur looks much better to me!

Still looking good - I have a mostly water level I'm testing with now and FPS has jumped from around 45 to about 65 using the shader pack, probably the terrain LOD?

Cheers.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:47:32
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:47:32