Work In Progress / Kshatriya Challenges: File 002

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2016 19:41
yeah, I try to keep light colours WAY less busy than actual hongkong, but density similar. the more tall close walls, the more gets culled.

thank you guys for the comments. I live in savannah so hurricane matthew took my power down for about 4 days there but now i'm back up and should have level 3 done before too long. I'll be changing the skybox in level 2 to something purpler that wolf made for me first though, so expect more pics of that.

@wolf- I try to trade amber and teal for deep blue and pinkish red in general.
Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2016 09:40

updated level 2 with wolf's sky and begun progress on level 3

nowhere near done but heres what I got thus far
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2016 10:21

So cool! Much more polish! I like the colours.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2016 10:23

these cars await your retexture, but this is the taxi depot
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2016 02:08
your game looks smashing beautiful. you and wolf level design is ten steps ahead of everyone else.
more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2016 03:10

2 more pics from level 3 around the outside of the taxi depot

Features: enter-able buildings (and its easy to tell which ones)
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2016 07:07

heres an area i'm not quite done with enough to show facing the right way
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2016 10:18
extremely convincing layout / scenery.
AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2016 01:25 Edited at: 18th Oct 2016 04:16
that means a lot coming from one of the most successful FPSC developers of all time. you are basically responsible for the ORIGINAL GOOD FPSC game. skype me sometime, I'd love to pick your brain.

I'd like to canvas all Kshatriya fans right now: what are your system specs?

update: the trailer!
Isagabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Definitely the most impressive looking GG shooter out there. Nice work.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2016 12:04

thanks for the really nice comment! and since that means this isnt a double post, heres 2 picsof the last screenshot on level 3, from the angle the player will actually see it
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2016 12:07
looks really like Fear vs. Ghost in the Shell.

Awesome work!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2016 22:44
thanks! make sure you watch the trailer about 3 posts above. i edited it into my post forgetting that someone had posted after me
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2016 15:24
I WAS referring to the trailer!
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2016 17:21
Inspired me to step up my game a little bit!! Great work on here, buddy!
Besides, you release it in November?? Fantastic! I consider this my birthday present then

Keep it up!!

-Wolf
darimc
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2016 14:04
Looks amazing, Bugsy! Really looking forward to playing this.

Specs:
GTX 960 2GB
AMD FX-8350
16 GB DDR3
Signatures are overrated.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2016 05:40
I think most people will be able to run this game with framerates in the 60s with computers like ertlov and darimc. it lags to 40 in some demanding parts but it stays 80+ in a lot of other places for me. I'm using a 6 core amd fx something or other clocked at like 3.5ghz, 16 gb 800mhz ddr3 ram and a R9 270x 4gb vidcard
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2016 06:19 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2016 06:20
this gun probably will not make it into this game, but alas, I animated it, so I'll show it now.

I made the gun, kinda a cross between a sig 556 and an MP5 I guess. I am not too happy with the texture, as it was gutted from like 5 other gun models
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2016 00:57

having a lot of fun with this gun that still isnt in this game, but designer's block when it comes to finishing level 3, probably because I know that will mean I must make cutscenes and loading screens and begin the arduous task of making sure this game builds
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2016 21:51

I added aiming to the K6V, but i'm having some fireloop problems. when aiming, the fireloop is way faster than when not. how do I fix this?

there is also an odd glitch with the single firing animation while aiming, however auto fire looks good
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 02:50

no posts on this thread from anyone but me for a while so heres some screenshots to potentially entice you?

still need help with above problems
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 14:54
What were the above issues? I didn't see anything listed.
The screenshots look excellent, of course.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 19:30
the post above my last one: K6 AIMING problems the video

the gun fires odd when single-clicking, also the fireloop changes between aiming and not aiming
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 23:19
Good news! I've decided it's worth it to drop the 100$ for a greenlight submission pass! God willing, It'll get greenlit and there'll be a free cyberpunk episodic indie series on Steam. The first game I'm submitting is Kshatriya Prologue

If that goes well, I'll do a greenlight entry for Kshatriya Wetwork (which is what this game is now called)
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2016 23:55
Please vote for Kshatriya Prologue on Steam Greenlight !

If I can get it greenlit, maybe I have a future in this
remember your vote counts, probably more than it does anywhere else!
Isagabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Just voted. Congrats. Amazing that you are giving it away. Very noble and generous. Nothing looks that good in GG right now and some people are charging money for their dog's breakfast. For what it is worth I would pay.
Szabi
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice trailer!One question,how did you do the chatacter animations?
PM
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2016 03:53 Edited at: 30th Oct 2016 03:56
3DS MAX for everything but the triple raiz twist which was physics simulated in endorphin.

thats the triple raiz twist
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 30th Oct 2016 09:15
I think he was more asking how you got then to do that in gameguru than how to make them, I'm kind of interested in how you did that myself.

i5, NV960 2GB, 16GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.
i3 , Intel integrated graphics, 6GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII Win8.1.
Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAII, Win7.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2016 00:50
Kshatriya Prologue was made in FPS Creator X9 with S4mod Eeta 1.6 I believe.

I simply exported them as .x objects, and loaded them as dynamic entities with simple scripts to play their animations when triggered then destroy the entity.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2016 01:39

I made an episode of Animating with Wray tonight to explain how I did the setpiece character animations and crowds in FPS Creator for Kshatriya. This should answer most of your questions. I have yet to figure out how to make cool stuff like this in gameguru, but some day I might, let's just hope someone bestows the knowledge on me someday!
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2016 01:53
Very nice. Works great.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2016 07:48
Quote: "I made an episode of Animating with Wray tonight to explain how I did the setpiece character animations and crowds in FPS Creator for Kshatriya. This should answer most of your questions. I have yet to figure out how to make cool stuff like this in gameguru, but some day I might, let's just hope someone bestows the knowledge on me someday! "

Very nice!

If the animations have the positions in them as well instead of animating on the spot then it should be quite easy to do in GameGuru, the script will contain more, but it's not too complicated

You just wrap the SetAnimationFrames(e,v) and PlayAnimation(e) commands in an if statement that checks distance, then wrap Destroy(e) in a seperate if statement that checks if the last frame of the animation is playing, the idle animation would be set in the FPE by adding the frames to anim0 = and using the line animateineditor = 1

A pretty simple bit of coding, i know how to do all of it, but i'm not sure on how to do the animation frame check part, otherwise i would do it for you.

Intel Celeron (duel Core), Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 180gB Generic SATAII, WinVista.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2016 13:34 Edited at: 31st Oct 2016 13:43
Here you go, i think this should do the job ...

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2016 21:26
first of all: WOW! I have yet to try the script but if it works, I'm well on my way to my former glory already, so thanks!
second: I'm going to have to look a gift horse in the mouth, because although you've provided me with a script, i'm still not quite sure as to what it means or how it works. It'll probably be another year before i can confidently write a single line of lua. I'm a slow learner.

SO

what about one that just spawns the dude, plays his animation, then destroys him regardless of playerdistance?

also, one that plays the idle anim, then if the character is shot plays the death animation (this was effective in FPSC but leads to my next question)

can entity-characters ragdoll in gameguru? I'd like to know that because if so, a really effective crowdsystem can be made easily, and the the characters could have idle, scared of armed assailants nearby, and diving in fear animations, and simply ragdoll to die. if not it's cool, crowdcharacters dont ABSOLUTELY NEED to ragdoll, but I'm trying to save space and allow for lots of simultaneous characters at once.

=====================
other plans for characters
=====================

not sure if this'll end up in this game, but if I can save space and framerate by using all custom-animated characters with much fewer animation frames, I'd figure i'd be able to have more of them in game simultaneously, and since gameguru can handle a million polys at once no sweat, I figured I'd use EAI's beauties, so here I have one rigged in 3DS MAX and I will begin the arduous process of giving him a set (albeit a smaller set) of custom animations.

my reasoning is that since gameguru can handle 3-4 guys fighting you at once, and each one of them has like 3000 animation frames, It should be able to more easily and at a higher frame rate handle 3-4 guys with 500 animation frames (if I can keep it that low) fighting you. I notice that there's a lot of anims that the AI simply doesn't seem to use like strafing, jumping, the cover/lean out to fire anim, or any of the flinches.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2016 21:48 Edited at: 31st Oct 2016 21:51
For the first request, you just need to delete lines 8 and 14 of my script (I can't guarantee it works because I don't have an animated character to test it with, it should work in theory and if it doesn't it won't be far off), but that would literally spawn it and run the animation as soon as the game loads up, it's usually best to add some sort of trigger otherwise you might miss the whole thing by the time you've oriented after loading, distance is probably the best, you can set it up to about 3000 units which is a fair distance away.

The second request, that is easily done, but it uses the AI commands, and I haven't a clue about them yet, i'm still learning myself, someone like smallg or one of the other lua gurus here should be able to help you out easily enough.

The last one, yes, ragdoll works in gameguru, they need to have a specific bone naming process (im not at my main pc at the moment, when I can get to it i'll post a list) and all limbs zeroed and weighted properly, you would also have to program the lua script with the AI commands, it's easy enough to do, just not in my skill set yet.

darimc
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2016 13:48
Just voted! Really looking forward to this one, Bugsy. You among a few others are really raising the bar for GG.
Signatures are overrated.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2016 23:37
thanks so much, everyone keep in mind that on greenlight is the FPS CREATOR PROLOGUE to this game. Im sure you know that but idk if everyone else on this board came from the fpsc days.

ALSO: kshatriya has 190 yes votes putting it 19% of the way to the top 100 games.

(in other words)

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2016 01:49
Drop an article about it being on Greenlight on IndieDB as well.

-Wolf
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2016 02:44
@wolf- DONE!

in other news:

I officially have one frame of animation done for my character
Before I create a whole mess of stuff that gameguru is going to buck at, however, I'd like to ask this question (directed at the more 3dsmax>gameguru savy people around here, specifically those who've made characters: do .x exports understand IK constraints from 3ds max? I have the front arm linked to the gun via IK

as seen here. my question is: will this cause problems?
disturbing13 has been very helpful as to the ins and outs of characters but I'd like to canvas some more of the great minds around here to be sure i'm going into this ready.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2016 18:24

after playing a lot of MAN VS BOT games against gameguru's AI last night, and then a few more with 10000 health just to make sure what I was seeing could be believed, I have come to assess that the enemies use only 3 animations: (that's pretty embarassing with 3000 frames) stand, walk, and crouch.

SO, I've gone ahead and made a rig with only 120 frames of animation covering all these animations. I'm gonna try to get this into GG over the next few days and see if it gives me a serious performance increase. my AITEST level is gradually being given more detail and lights to better simulate the framerate of a real level and with 4 regular enemies active in the map at once, (amongst at least a dozen shootable dynamic entites and some background scenery and lights) keeps wobbling around 100-130 fps in that firefight. I'm hoping that enemies with only 120 frames will make that stay at a solid 160 like before the enemies even spawned.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2016 21:31 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2016 21:33
Here's a list of all the animations the Uber Soldier has.

You are right, it doesn't use them all, that depends on what script is used for them, by default here's the ones the Uber Soldier actually uses using the AI Soldier script.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2016 01:17 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2016 01:40
even if he has a weapon? I was planning on having his weapon animated in his hands in the model rather than in game (replacing the vweap with a tiny square). I never see them do anything but stand, move and shoot. I'll have to redo my AItest with more stealthy situations and see what happens then.

I'm guessing the "fidgets" can be replaced with the standing anim again considering most of the time you dont ever see an enemy before it sees you, and if you do its not for long. I could do relaxed anims for waypoint walking but I really never use waypoints. If I can get in touch with disturbing13 and see what he can do I can probably get this into GG soon. Fidget anims would be easy too but I dont wanna use the frames if I wont see the anims. this is ultimately for fun's sake. I'd rather have 5-7 enemies shooting at once that died in one shot than 3-4 that are forced to take more damage because they're more costly. I might just animate everything though, because it looks like i'm already saving thousands of frames still.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2016 06:24 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2016 07:41
From what I understand if you're using the standard ai scripts like ai soldier then those are the bare minimum you need to have or it doesnt work properly, obviously things like the fidgets can have all the same animations, and some of them just need an animation range defined even if its not used, things like unarmed 1 and 2 need something in there or at the end of a death it will default back to the first or last frame of the whole model and stand back up, so just put an idle in there, theres lots of odd stuff going on with character ai, and its not always obvious what does it. I think some of the CSI slits are named wrongly too, is unarmed isn't necessarily unarmed and so on.

Basically if you look in the ai script, you will see that some of these animations are referenced but not called at all, which means they have to be there even though they don't actually get used.

I'm really hoping Lee gets the EBE over and done with and moves onto AI soon, it's killing me how quirky characters are.

MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2016 07:44
@Bugsy are you trying to get EAI TF341 in guru? the reason I ask is because I got the set up for them some time a go and put a thread up about them being guru ready.
more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2016 09:53
no, I'm trying to make them have FAR FEWER ANIMATION frames, be custom-animated by me, and be in gameguru (also with weapons modelled into their hands so they dont use the stock UZI and Shotgun
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2016 04:07
sorry for the double post (and constant double posting), would anyone do me the courtesy of showing me those specific animations (what they look like) on video? they're not named entirely the way I would so I'm kind of going blind based on what I saw in some more tests but here's the updated rig. there's 385 frames.

figure i may as well just post some map screens here too so yall see what I work with/look at

level1

level2

level3

level 3 is not quite done but 2 more good days work and it will be
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2016 06:14
In smallgs script there's a script that you can use to veiw the animatikns on characters, drop a character, put the script on it then in test press the E button to skip through them.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2016 07:09
is thatr in gameguru? cant seem to find it in his thread
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2016 08:03 Edited at: 4th Nov 2016 08:04
This should do it ...

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 08:47:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 08:47:32