Third Party Tools / Entity Welder

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2017 17:50
once my multi format converter works , would be good to get this and weapon welder updated but also included as part of Auto/Seg Welder.....
one's work is never done
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2017 17:58
One all round tool,now that would be cool.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
sounds great
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2017 07:24
thanks Guys, directX export now works or at least 99%, I just have to do the odd tweak here and there. next is going back to OBJ and FBX format.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: AutoWelder/SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder, FPEtoBAT
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2017 11:17
Looking to make more updates to this tool, so if anyone that uses it wants to see anything that they wished it could do let me know
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2017 10:51 Edited at: 9th Jun 2017 10:53
Updates to all the tools are currently ongoing and for the Entity Welder/FPEBAT programs, these will be integrated so that you will be able to press a button on a selected directory or single/multiple file selection and then press another graphical button to execute the batch processing without the need to run FPEtoBAT separately. This program will also include my new direct X export code that exports the binary X files into ASCII ready for editing e.g. texturefilenames and for readability and also resolves issues with skin weights/"no_name" bones plus FVF size fixes.
So you will be able to convert/copy over a lot of FPSC entities in one go. Characters will obviously take a longer time so you will need to be careful how many you process at one time.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 9th Jun 2017 11:03
I've just notice gameguru tools is offline, is that coming back soon? or is it permanent?

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2017 11:39
good point, I'm not sure if Synchromesh will be renewing the hosting for the website or not as he PM'd me regarding this but hasn't come back to me yet.
If not, I can either host my own website or maybe add to the GameGuru store but haven't made any decision as yet.
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2017 22:29
Quote: "Updates to all the tools are currently ongoing and for the Entity Welder/FPEBAT programs, these will be integrated so that you will be able to press a button on a selected directory or single/multiple file selection and then press another graphical button to execute the batch processing without the need to run FPEtoBAT separately. This program will also include my new direct X export code that exports the binary X files into ASCII ready for editing e.g. texturefilenames and for readability and also resolves issues with skin weights/"no_name" bones plus FVF size fixes.
So you will be able to convert/copy over a lot of FPSC entities in one go. Characters will obviously take a longer time so you will need to be careful how many you process at one time."

Sounds like a lot of great features Bored. Keep it up.
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.Intel core i5-2300cpu @2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM 16 gb G-Skill G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
GameGuru Tools is now up and running again ... Sorry for the delay

http://www.gamegurutools.co.uk/
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2017 08:35 Edited at: 25th Jun 2017 08:44
thanks Synchromesh

Tested my DirectX exporter program on nomadsouls' characters Raknos and Juggernaut and animates fine in GameGuru, also has some moving lights effects (works fine) and burnout (which I need to see if I can get working in GameGuru). The burnout effect looks awesome in Black Mod Ice, but I need to be able to access the FX variables to get it working from what I can see.

The exporter program now works as a CLI command so I will be adding this to the Entity Welder in the next release, which shouldn't be too long. Had a few SkinWeight issues, but they coming out fine now.

Will post some pics up shortly so you know what I'm waffling on about.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2017 13:57
Steaming ahead with this now, great work .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2017 18:43
Woohoo!
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
looks great looking forward to this
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 15:14
thanks guys....

At the moment writing code that will act as a kind of decimator, so unnecessary bones are being removed where there is no FVF mesh data. There's a lot of these in FPSC that have bones named "$noname" or "_no_name_" etc. Most of these are not required and for example the "Juggernaut" character created by Nomadsoul has a lot of these bones. Only 1 had mesh FVF attached the others have been removed and works fine in e.g. Fragmotion.

I'm hoping all these optimised tweaks will improve performance in GameGuru. Some more tweaks and testing to do.

Attachments

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2017 17:12
Quote: "I'm hoping all these optimised tweaks will improve performance in GameGuru. Some more tweaks and testing to do."

That is allways good,nice work.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2017 10:48 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2017 11:44
more optimisation/tweaks done and found a faster more efficient method of processing the entity data.
Seems like my program at the moment processes Quaternion formatted animated models a lot faster than Matrix formatted ones i.e. seconds instead of hrs on models with a high number of frames. Take the TRV below (taken from FPSC T341 model pack). This can take hr or more if the original format is in Matrix form, but about 3 seconds if in Quaternion form. Sounds like my program has a big bottle neck for the code that handles Matrix data (ugh!). Still, I will sort this out hopefully pretty quickly.

[update-the TF341 character took 20 mins with around 5,500 animation frames (Quat format)... more work to do.....]

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2017 20:51 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2017 21:02
success.... Raknos (NomadSoul model in FPSC) now converts and exports to X format (ASCII) in under 2 mins with over 2500 anim frames (Matrix format). Phew!

Time to actually get this converter fully implemented for all respective tools and then release time, well at least for AutoSegWelder and Entity Welder !!!

The CLI command now has a simple decimator (reduces unnecessary bones without affecting animation and hierarchy etc) and you will also be able to specify if you want to include Root frame and the number of animation frames and whether you want to apply decimation. So gives you some flexibility.
I may do a short video showing it working so you can see what I'm going on about.
As mentioned before the idea behind creating my own X-porter was due to not being able to edit binary X files in FPSC/GG (for texturefilename editing as an example). For the weapon welder, I needed to be able to access the texture filenames that are incorrect e.g. .tga->.dds. And it's always better to not rely on 3rd party software. Doing it all in one app is much better for me.

As a reminder to any new forum viewers, Entity Welder is only free with SegAutoWelder. Weapon Welder v2.0 will not be free as it will be very advanced, but there is a free version available under Third Party Tools.

Attachments

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2017 22:51
Love the way this is going . Just get better.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 14:13 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2017 14:16
thanks Dave I am going to try and get this to work with FBX/OBJ, maybe tonight or tomorrow. Seems to be running well now for X. T341 characters converting within minutes and they have around 37/ hierarchal frames and 27 bones post decimation (originally around 70 odd hierarchal frames and 27 bones) and 5500 anim frames.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 16:00
OMG!! can't wait.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2017 20:21
Here's a short (ish) video showing a demo of the BOTRXPORT DirectX exporter program. which will be integrated into all the tools. I'll add to Entity Welder first and then release after testing.

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2017 09:23
Great vid mike,all seems to be working smoothly.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2017 10:59 Edited at: 4th Jul 2017 14:38
thanks Dave

Anyway, found a slight issue but should resolve that fairly quckly. Just wanna get this right before implementing it and releasing it to you guys.
Now I can export to X format , I can also access FX info but need to figure something out. It would be great to actually alter the FX variables using LUA scripting or other means. I think for this I need to go and have a look through the FPSC source code and see how these variables were accessed via FPI scripting.

This stuff is quite complex/involved but it's rewarding to see it working (when it does eventually work ).

Once this is out of the way, back to Autowelder and other formats like OBJ/FBX etc and creating favourite libraries and other features and the segment side is not great at the moment. I kinda missed working on it.

Too much to do and not enough time in the day to do it all. :-(

[update-issue now resolved on my lunch break, 2 root frames (well 1 root and 1 child frame named "Root") found on "Doors2.x" which caused confliction, all sorted now!!]

Tonight hope to start adding GUI for the next Entity welder and implementing both the export code and FPEtoBAT batch process code to the program.
I have such an understanding wife
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2017 21:19
A lot of amazing things going on there. very exciting.
RAM 16 gb G-Skill G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2017 11:53
thanks Seppgirty.

If you guys want me to add the options to choose actual start and end animation frames, let me know.

I will be looking at the FPSC code to see how FPI accessed FX variables. Once I figure this out, I will add my own LUA function code (hopefully) that will allow you to control the FX variable parameters, unless Lee adds one before I do Would really great to able to do this in GameGuru.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2017 18:06
amazing work going on here.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2017 18:48 Edited at: 6th Jul 2017 19:22
thanks MK83

So I found the code that handles the calls to change the FX variables values I can now progress a bit further and get these values changed from within LUA script....phew!!

[update-unfortunately, my PC PSU just went (wrote this using my laptop), so won't be able to do anything till my replacement comes hopefully on Monday........ouch ]
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2017 20:50
A lot of comps under strain in this heat,maybe that had something to do with it .

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2017 07:04
the PSU has been failing for a few weeks now so it's had it's day and needs replacing. the other day, 2 of my memory boards went and had to replace them, so there something not quite right with it at the moment. PC ok for now but won't last probably Might be able to transfer my stuff onto my laptop, wil see how it goes...
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2017 10:54
new PSU arrived this morning, so will be good to get up and running again after I fit it (simples ).....
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2017 12:01 Edited at: 14th Jul 2017 12:03
new PSU fitted in 10 mins after a good cleaning of the inside of my PC.... works a charm now...no power failures.

Made some more updates/fixes to the exporter program as there were quite a few gun HUDS (e.g. G22/J22) that had duplicate frame/bone names (frame GUN) which causes issues, these also occurred in the animation data. A new ruling system has been implemented to ensure that the correct data is being processed (a kind of validator).

So this has caused a bit of a hold up with getting the exporter implemented into the tools, but I'd rather have it working flawlessly than having bug/issues all over the place.

Want to test some of these out (random entities/HUDS etc) in GameGuru to see if they come out correctly. Some have been tested and animate/display fine, Raknos came out strange, but am hoping with the new system this is fixed, if not, a bit more work will have to be done.

More updates soon, hopefully

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2017 14:16
Quote: "but I'd rather have it working flawlessly than having bug/issues all over the place."

How true,nothing worse than people driving you mad over bugs.

Dave
Windows 10 Pro
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2017 16:10
Quote: "nothing worse than people driving you mad over bugs."
LOL, we wouldn't do that.

PM
seppgirty
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2017 20:54
Quote: " but I'd rather have it working flawlessly than having bug/issues all over the place."

You would never make it at microsoft.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2017 06:49
Well I found something interesting, either intentional or a bug, but the GameGuru importer doesn't import/export skin weight info. I wanted to confirm my suspicions as to why the importer brings in entities without deformity and it's due to this. I ran my program against an imported character (that had weight info in the file) and found that post conversion opened up the .X file as a text file and did a search on "SkinWeights" and there was nothing there.
I then removed my code that adds the skin weights data and imported the Raknos character and he came out fine (without using the importer).
The problem with this is that the animation doesn't work, Raknos just goes round in circles.
Not sure whether to report this as a bug in GameGuru importer or if it was intentional.

Anyway, still experimenting with stuff.

Quote: "You would never make it at microsoft."

Yep you're probably right ha

Quote: "How true,nothing worse than people driving you mad over bugs."

Ha, that's why I thought I'd release once most of the issues were out of the way.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2017 06:54
sorry guys&girls, not sure if you have been using Entity Welder of late, but there is an issue with image compression with DDS files which I've now fixed. e.g. scary thinker FPE's. will send out a fix as soon as , got busy day today.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2017 07:34 Edited at: 19th Jul 2017 07:35
ok, minor fix version 1.5.2 sent to all purchasers of SegAutoWelder. This fixes image compression issue where an error was being displayed. compression now removed for now. Scary thinker entities now ok in GG. no errors my end.

The new exporter program (when I eventually get round to adding it to the tool(s) ) will resolve a lot of problems with the texturing side. FPSC has/had a few flaws in that area (or at least that seems to be the case) .
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2017 23:13
Got it, thanks.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 14:25
great, glad u got it ok.

Sorry to all, I accidentally sent email to all purchasers, but pasted the whole list under "To" instead of "BCC" like I usually do.
This wasn't my intention.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2017 21:39
Entity Welder version 1.6 to be released soon which uses the new exporter code. A few small tests and maybe the odd tweak here and there and then will send out to all SegAutoWelder purchasers.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 09:03 Edited at: 9th Aug 2017 09:06
Here is the result of the updated EW (new xporter code) in conjunction with using the FPEtoBAT program to batch convert a whole load of characters from FPSC to GameGuru all in one go, no hanging around, by time I made a coffee it was done. Think it took approx less than five mins. None characters are obviously a lot quicker. For characters it takes as time depending on the number of animation frames. So now the X files are human readable and editable. Anyhow, I will be releaseing during the today so keep an eye on your emails. I will do a refresher video on how to use the tools. Autowelder will have both EW/WW included and will also use the new xporter code plus I hope to have the FPI to LUA converter in place. This is still WIP.
The odd character may still come out odd due to skin weights, but I hope to correct this. I know this defeats the object but you run through the Mender program or use Fragmotion to auto correct the weights. My program will evntually have code to correct the weights once I figure out the formula.

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 17:41
email sent to all SegAutoWelder purchasers with a link to the updated EW program version which is now 1.6. Refresher vid to follow soon.

Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 18:27 Edited at: 9th Aug 2017 19:23
Timing is perfect. Just today I wanted to start moving over some entities. Discovered, that, yup, I'm going to need the vid. I've been getting empty folders. Folders were created but nothing in them.

Thanks for all the work you have done with this.

Addendum: Actually I didn't wait long enough. I did two 341 bots and it does take a little longer.
When in doubt -- C4 :heh, heh, heh:

-Jamie Hyneman
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 18:35
Here is the video showing how to use both programs for single and batch processing:

GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 19:59 Edited at: 9th Aug 2017 20:00
Email received thank you once my PC is back together will try this

(new components in sig cannot wait to fire it up lol)
Welcome to the real world!
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 22:52 Edited at: 9th Aug 2017 22:55
entity welder won't create the .ini file. If I use fpe to bat, it ask every time where fpsc and guru directory is located. Yes, ticked use as Admin. UAC is also turned off.

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2017 23:08
Nevermind, I copied the weapon_welder .ini and renamed it. now it works.

PM
Flatlander
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2017 02:20 Edited at: 10th Aug 2017 02:21
This is working really slick. I am extremely pleased. Now I just have to make some scripts for some of the animated non-bot entities.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

When in doubt -- C4 :heh, heh, heh:

-Jamie Hyneman
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2017 07:27 Edited at: 10th Aug 2017 09:00
@MK83- how strange, I'll have a look at the code that creates the .INI file. It should work regardless of your root hard drive letter e.g. C: D: etc but will double check, I may have overlooked something. Well done though for copying the WW .INI file, I didn't think to mention you could do that.

@GraPhix - hope you get your PC up and running ok and the tool works for you.

@Flatlander-wow, thanks for the positive feedback, hoping to speed things up on the animation side and add some user options.

I found an issue with FVF 594 size 44, and have added code to handle it. So if you find in the X file that there are missing texture coords, this will be fixed in next version. Most FVF formats are 274 in FPSC but you can also get others such as 338 and above. Another area I need to improve and make more efficient.
Will send out fix once I've done more testing and resolved any issues I find or you guys/girls find.

I will be improving the FPEtoBAT and maybe making it drag and drop so you can just drop in an entity folder containing FPE's onto the EXE. Why I didn't do that in the first place is beyond me

Also, I know the folder dialogue prompts suck, thinking of another way of doing this.

Happy Welding

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 12:22:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 12:22:13