Third Party Tools / Entity Welder

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 21:37
I've taken the file off dropbox temporarily until I've found the cause of the issue.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2016 22:03
if you managed to download Entity Welder 1.1, here is a vid tut showing how to setup/use and how to process multiple FPE's in batches if you want to.

Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2016 06:29 Edited at: 6th Jun 2016 06:30
now tested 1.1 on both my 32 / 64 bit windows 10 and works fine, so am unable to reproduce the error other than when I try to drop anything other than an .FPE file. Will put 1.1 back on dropbox.
PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Will put 1.1 back on dropbox."

Thanks, I will test this out today
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2016 18:32
@PartTimeCoder- no problem, hope it works for you.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2016 20:46 Edited at: 6th Jun 2016 21:16
I've written a quick tool that auto generates the .BAT file when you select a complete folder containing loads of .FPE files. All you have to do is select the EntityWelder.EXE file and then the FPSC entity folder containing FPE files and then run the batch flle and voila all those entities are there in GameGuru. I'll send this to everyone that has the EntityWelder program after I tidy up the code.

[update-FPEtoBAT app sent to everyone that has the Entity tool-hope it helps-I've converted tons of entities already with this]
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2016 21:37
Many thanks mike

Dave
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2016 22:07
@granada-no problemsa at all thought it might speed things up a bit
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2016 22:25
Still no luck. See attached. I am following your instructions to a T.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2016 23:35
@MK83-sorry your still having no luck. Do you have UAC (User Account Control) on? It's odd that we both have the same Win10 Os 64 bit and yours doesn't like the app at all, but works ok on mine. Just thinking what else it could be.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2016 00:05
UAC off, running as Admin. .exe on desktop. Im choosing .fpe files. I don't get it. Is anyone else having this problem?

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2016 07:27 Edited at: 7th Jun 2016 09:08
@MK83- I did some more testing this morning and reproduced the error when I removed some code. I will send you a special debug version so that I can see what file extension the program sees when you attempt to drop an FPE file on the EXE. It may be this version works (1.2) as I've made a small tweak where the code detects double quotes in the file string being parsed. Will be with you shortly.

[update-I've sent the link to you and one other user also getting the same issue, strange as we all use the same OS. Please let me know what file extension the program returns when you try and drop a FPE file onto the EXE, I can see what is going on then. Are you using a UK or US keyboard out of interest?]

[update2-ok I know what the problem is now so will redo the code that detects the correct file extension]
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2016 15:20
US keyboard. attached is what I get with 1.2

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2016 15:51
@MK83-thanks for your feedback too. i know what the issue is now. Will fix after work.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2016 18:47
Version 1.2 now sent to all email addresses. This should fix the issue with not recognising the .FPE file extension. Please let me know if the problem still exists. FPEtoBAT v1.1 also sent. I've updated the app so that it now saves out according to the folder you chose e.g. Zombie Apocalypse.bat, industrial_buildings_machinary.bat.

Any issues, please shout

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2016 19:09
Sorry to say, same error as before.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2016 19:23
@MK83-thank for letting me know...this is very very odd.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 05:55
1.3 will be release after some more testing. rewritten a section of code that removes the double quotes from the file that you drop onto the EXE, this is so it can detect file type. Works on both my 32 and 64 bit win10 and fingers crossed again will work on other users. If not, I will remove the drag/drop feature and just have windowed version
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 06:40 Edited at: 8th Jun 2016 06:42
3 links now sent to relevant email addresses. You should have 1.3 drag 'n' drop; debug and windowed versions. If you have issues with dragndrop version, please can I ask that you drop an FPE onto the debug version and let me know what the app is returning in the debug window as this will help me.
If you would rather avoid the dragdrop version, please feel free to use the windowed version, but you can only process one FPE at a time.

I've rewritten the code again that determines the file type when the FPE gets dropped onto executable, so fingers crossed again it works for you.
I've tested all 3 versions on my Win10 32 and 64 bit and also used the FPEtoBAT app and this works fine. My only hunch is that I'm using UK keyboard and 2 users with problems are using US keyboard, but just a guess at the moment.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 16:34
first, and second attached is debug mode, then success with windowed mode, then same ole error with drop and drag. hope this helps.

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 18:42 Edited at: 8th Jun 2016 18:43
@MK83-thanks for the feedback, this is really bazaar. I'll have to do a bit more investigating, but at least you can use the windowed version. I have 1 more user that has the same issue as yourself and you both use US keyboards. However, no-one else has come forward with same problem. I'm sure I will figure it out, there is obviously a bit more to it than I had anticipated.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 21:15 Edited at: 8th Jun 2016 21:24
Hi mike i can use the windows ,but not other.Just says Need to be a FPE file.
(Uk Keyboard)
Dave
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 21:18
Here you go

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 21:36
@granada-thanks for feedback, the US/UK keyboard theory has been eliminated then
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2016 06:16 Edited at: 9th Jun 2016 08:23
Eureka! - Problem is the packer program I use. I tried dropping FPE onto the packed version of the tool and I got the same error message. I'll send out an unpacked version.

[update-unpacked version now sent to all relevant email addresses-sorry for inconvenience and another email - please let me know if further problems and please run/set as "run as administrator". Don't forget that you also have the option to use the FPEtoBAT app if you want to process a lot of entities in one go within a folder. Characters will/may need additional manual processing post conversion/import into GameGuru]
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2016 14:38 Edited at: 9th Jun 2016 14:39
Ok this looks cool ..... Incredible work .... What next ...import and working out of the box

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..

Attachments

PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2016 16:06
@BOTR, congrats. I can verify that it now works. Thanks.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2016 18:07
@Synchromesh-great pic, the freaks and abominations was one of the first I imported. To get the characters working out of the box would be great somewhere down the line
@MK83-thats fantastic news, me proggy was working all the time, was just the packer program. Not sure I'll be using that again, at least not for this app.

Thanks you guys, you've made my day.
In between creating me game and developing these tools, I will start to look into converting the FPI -> LUA where it's possible. Now that would be pretty cool.

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2016 19:14
Quote: "I will start to look into converting the FPI -> LUA where it's possible. Now that would be pretty cool."
sweet

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2016 06:42
Here's a short vid just to go through both the FPEtoBAT and Entity Welder tools. Currently started looking on the best approach for FPI->LUA converter. This will also be free for SegAutoWelder owners.

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2016 15:27
Great vid. Thank you.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2016 07:20
from today, will be adding code to process certain scenarios that are causing textures to not come out or get copied over. The app isn't as "intelligent" as the segwelder tool yet, so I will be bringing entity welder in-line with seg tool. For e.g. in the FPE, the textured=xxxx.tga and the xfile points to a xxx.dds file and another e.g. is the FPE has a blank textured= parameter but .dds textures are present but not copied over. So will be fixing those scenerios for the next version 1.4.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2016 15:27 Edited at: 24th Jun 2016 15:27
Sorry to bother you BOTR,but, I had to cold boot my pc this morning. Usually I put my pc to sleep instead of turning it off completely. Well when I tried to use entity welder today, I got the old error, attached. I removed the entity welder .ini from C drive. I deleted entity welder from the desktop. I re downloaded the program. Unzipped it to my desktop, and still get File Needs To Be An .FPE. Any ideas? I also rebooted several times, didn't fix it. Oh! and what is so strange fpe to bat does work.

Attachments

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks like its working ...The entity welder looks for an fpe file to convert to GameGuru ( Unlike the segment welder )
When you execute it ...browse to your fpsc creator files/ entities folder and select the fpe of the model you want to convert..
Or am I reading this wrong ?
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2016 16:50 Edited at: 24th Jun 2016 16:50
@synchromesh, When I execute the program I get the pop up I attached. I don't even get a chance to choose a .fpe. I have been using this for a while and BTOR changed the packing program and that fixed it until I had to reboot my pc today.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2016 16:58
@MK83 - is this the drag n drop version? Also, make sure it's the unpacked version that I sent and not the packed version.
If your using the drag drop version, you just simply drag the FPE file onto the EXE. Are you able to do a short vid, it's difficult to see what you're doing. thanks
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2016 17:19
Nevermind any of my earlier post. I forgot it was drag and drop. duh!!!

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2016 17:27
no worries.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL..sorry ...
When the pick showed it was looking for the fpe I assumed it was the Window version ( which does do that )
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 08:18 Edited at: 1st Jul 2016 08:28
you guys probably know all this already but just in case, for classic FPSC, the FPE can be setup to work in conjunction with ai_soldier.lua script. In this case, I've set it up only for the modern\colt1911 weapon for now. Most of the FPSC classic chars use the same anim frames, so you should be able to use this for most or all of the FPSC classic characters. This is if you only want to use the original FPSC classic animation frames and not the masked soldier or other GG animations. Oh I had to put bikini girl and others through mender and sometimes also meshview and then refer the FPE to the mended/mv .X file. Broadcast #53 worth a watch en'all

Attachments

PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
@BOTR

I'm getting a texture problem with entities with a png texture, no texture is copied over, the fpe points to a .dds file but it is not converted (try the London entities)

Its not a huge deal to do this manually but I thought I'd bring it to your attention, other than that I love this tool
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 11:01
@PartTimeCoder-thanks for feedback, I'll fix for next version release.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 13:04
Quote: "@PartTimeCoder-thanks for feedback, I'll fix for next version release."

yes, I can confirm this too with the London Pack.
Thanks BTOR.

PM
PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes thanks BOTR, saving those images one by one to .dds is easy, but tedious lol
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 16:34
BTOR, it does the samething on some of the bonus egypt pack. hatches, lifts

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 16:45
thanks for the reports guys, I think I corrected this in the latest version I was working on, I got sidetracked with the FBX2GG tool, so Ill check and see if this is the case in 1.4
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 17:58
ah I think my 1.4 solves the .png issues as it converts any image not .dds to .dds format. I will release 1.4 once I've done some testing.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2016 18:25
ok, 1.4 now sent to all relevant email addresses.

PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Great support as usual, Thank you
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2016 01:57
BTOR, Sorry, I didn't receive 1.4 williams_1610@hotmail.com